PDA

View Full Version : Body is addicted to protein

Brian1
02-24-2008, 04:18 PM
If I don't eat protein in like 4-5 hours I start getting an immense craving (almost like I'm really hungry but still different). It feels like something is missing.
I also noticed that I can eat tons and tons of non-protein food and still have this craving/hunger for protein. For example, I could eat a full meals worth of pasta but if there is no meat or protein alongside it I get this feeling.

Anyone else feel this way? I suppose my body is so used to eating protein that it craves it. I say my 'body' is addicted rather than "i am" addicted because I don't really care much for protein.. I'm more of a grains/carbohydrates kind of person, so I definitely don't eat protein for the taste. It's just my body craves it and it is a pain.

Marco90
02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
If I don't eat protein in like 4-5 hours I start getting an immense craving (almost like I'm really hungry but still different). It feels like something is missing.
I also noticed that I can eat tons and tons of non-protein food and still have this craving/hunger for protein. For example, I could eat a full meals worth of pasta but if there is no meat or protein alongside it I get this feeling.

Anyone else feel this way? I suppose my body is so used to eating protein that it craves it. I say my 'body' is addicted rather than "i am" addicted because I don't really care much for protein.. I'm more of a grains/carbohydrates kind of person, so I definitely don't eat protein for the taste. It's just my body craves it and it is a pain.

I get that too man, maybe not as much as you but yeah, i feel ya!

Aindreas
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM
I've been in a similar boat with meth.

dani5162
02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I've been in a similar boat with meth.

LOL

willldabeast
02-24-2008, 04:59 PM
ya, just like meth, the body kinda relies on protein for you know....the whole living thing.

Anaar
02-24-2008, 05:24 PM
You just think you are addicted... You are not addicted.

Carbs are digested faster so that might explain why you get hungry quicker if you just eat them.

Balance meals... And don't look for an addiction, LOL

IrockZ
02-24-2008, 05:39 PM
You just think you are addicted... You are not addicted.

Carbs are digested faster so that might explain why you get hungry quicker if you just eat them.

Balance meals... And don't look for an addiction, LOL

u lacing ur protein with crack again?