PDA

View Full Version : Menu for today......

Tiffany1981
03-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Greetings :) Any criticism on what I ate today. I'm open for suggestions!

5 am- 1 glutamine capsule before (1 hour cardio)

6 am - 4 egg whites/1 yolk, 1/3 cup oatmeal, flaxseed oil, multivitamin

9 am - egg white omelet with tomatoes, mushroom, bell peppers, 12 almonds

12 pm- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with walnuts and 1/2 grapefruit

3 pm(pre-workout) - 1 beef patty with sweet potatoes

430 pm - weights (leg day!!)

6 pm - Myoplex protein shake with small banana
1 antioxidant, b-complex

8 pm glutamine

At this point I'm trying to lose bodyfat. I've bulked enough! I'm 5'4", 168 lbs, and I want to get down to about 150 or less by July. Family reunion! I'm still a little cautious about having another meal before bed. I seem to feel 'lighter' if I just end it with my PWO protein shake and fruit. Tomorrow will most likely be the same, except for lunch and Pre-workout. I'll have chicken breast and salad for lunch and chicken breast and oatmeal before my workout. Any takers?

gymjunkee01
03-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Looks pretty decent. You could definitely add some more fiborous veggies in there (like broc****). Not sure how many calories that is adding up to for you, but make sure it's not too low - you'd be surprised how much food you can eat and still lose fat!

You do need to have another meal before bed though. Try something like cottage cheese. 12 hours is a really long time to go without food. ANd make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water! :)

sixzebra
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
ditto on everthing gym said. i was eating 2500 cals a day and losing weight. you definitely need more green veggies. just adding a cup to two of ur meals is an improvement

SC1
03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I agree... you should definitely eat again before bed. If three pm is the last time you have really food, you need to add another meal in. Especially if you've had a workout since you've eaten- double that if you've had a workout like legs! Try to get in that shake right after your workout and follow that with a real meal about an hour after you finish your shake. Personally, I think that eating carbs (good ones) at night is not the horrible mistake that a lot of people think it is. But if the idea of carbs before bed bothers you, just stick with some lean meat like chicken and/or cottage cheese and maybe some healthy fats.