PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brohm

Exist 2 Inspire
02-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Where do you guys think he'll be picked? I just heard somebody on ESPN say he's most likely a late 1st rounder or possible 2nd rounder. That's rediculous to me...there are too many teams with quarterback problems for him to fall to the 2nd round. He may even go in the top ten. IMO he's the best QB in the draft (yes, better than Matt Ryan) and probably the most NFL ready.

fivas15
02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Agree, he's the best QB in the draft. I think he'll go to the Carolina Panthers.

bpb77
02-22-2008, 03:15 AM
Everyone thought Brady Quinn was ready for the NFL - look where he finally went.

strawser9
02-22-2008, 03:34 AM
matt ryan is 10x better than brohm.

there might not be a such thing as a "system QB" but I know for sure no NFL team runs the same system Louisville or Hawaii ran...

I say brohm gets drafted late first or early 2nd, maybe even after henne.
all depends on the combine though. brohm does poorly, his stock drops dramatically.

caj
02-22-2008, 05:27 AM
I just wish they'd stop penalizing college qbs for not being able to overcome a bad defense or sorry running game. If he's put 40 points on the board in most games and the defense gives up 50, you can't blame the qb.

If a qb puts up big numbers, it means he has excellent potential in the NFL.

Ace50
02-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Where do you guys see that unknown QB from Delaware doing? (Div. II)

Mel Kiper was saying **** like, he is the most unknown, but has the strongest arm (Stronger than Ryan, Brohm, Woodson, Henne. Etc..)

Kind of like Jay Cutler a few years ago? 1st round draft pick who had a good combine?

strawser9
02-22-2008, 06:00 AM
I just wish they'd stop penalizing college qbs for not being able to overcome a bad defense or sorry running game. If he's put 40 points on the board in most games and the defense gives up 50, you can't blame the qb.

If a qb puts up big numbers, it means he has excellent potential in the NFL.

...yeah, he was absolutely phenominal against...murray state, middle tennessee state, utah, and cincinnati.

the whole QB class is weak this year. the best QB is matt ryan, and half his season was pure luck!

Cramerica
02-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Matt Ryan will go first.

Ryan will be the only QB to go in the first round...as of now.

But things change. 2 months ago a lot of people felt that there wouldn't even be a QB going in the first round, now some analysts have Ryan at the #1 pick, projected.

Ryan is more suited for NFL play, and I'm not sure how Brohm is recovering from injury...if that will affect his physical abilities at the combine.

I think Brohm will go early to mid second round.

Cramerica
02-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Where do you guys see that unknown QB from Delaware doing? (Div. II)

Joe Flacco?

3rd to 4th round at best.

Also depends on his combine performance.

Cramerica
02-22-2008, 06:04 AM
the whole QB class is weak this year. the best QB is matt ryan, and half his season was pure luck!

I completely agree.

Ryan is a recent up and comer. He's just really had one good year, and it wasn't exactly one to wow us.

This is the year of defensive players and runningbacks. We'll have to wait for more QB's.

caj
02-22-2008, 06:05 AM
...yeah, he was absolutely phenominal against...murray state, middle tennessee state, utah, and cincinnati.

I wasn't clear in my post. It wasn't directed necessarily at Brohm. This just seems to be something consistent with college qbs.

They start right after the National Championship by predicting who next year's Nat Champ will be and predict that team's qb to be the #1 pick. But if the team doesn't live up to the hype, the qb gets the blame for not being able to overcome the weaknesses of the entire team and coaching staff.

strawser9
02-22-2008, 06:08 AM
I wasn't clear in my post. It wasn't directed necessarily at Brohm. This just seems to be something consistent with college qbs.

They start right after the National Championship by predicting who next year's Nat Champ will be and predict that team's qb to be the #1 pick. But if the team doesn't live up to the hype, the qb gets the blame for not being able to overcome the weaknesses of the entire team and coaching staff.

thats because the media is retarded. I quit watching ESPN months ago...I couldn't stand the bull**** coming out of people like Wilbon, sal pal, and skip bayless anymore!

douches...:rolleyes:

i make my own predictions...i'm just as far off as them, but at least I don't get paid for it haha.

and the people on NFL teams that get paid to find talent...they dont' pay attention to that bull****.

juice1348
02-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Joe Flacco is the Delaware kid and Delaware is Division 1 NOT Division 2....they are D1, Bowl Sub Division or what used to be D1-AA...

He reminds me a lot of Big Ben...mobile enough to move around and has a big strong arm. I think he goes late 2nd early 3rd...he is 6'6" also with a cannon and should impress at the combine.

strawser9
02-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Joe Flacco is the Delaware kid and Delaware is Division 1 NOT Division 2....they are D1, Bowl Sub Division or what used to be D1-AA...

He reminds me a lot of Big Ben...mobile enough to move around and has a big strong arm. I think he goes late 2nd early 3rd...he is 6'6" also with a cannon and should impress at the combine.

for his sake, he better perform at the combine...he sucked it up hardcore in the senior bowl.(as well as brennan, but i never thought highly of brennan anyway)

niospecv
02-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Joe Flacco will shock the draft.

Cramerica
02-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Joe Flacco will shock the draft.

Quite honestly, I haven't seen much of him or the type of offense he is run in.

However, history will show that many of the best NFL QB's come from smaller, less notable schools.

At least that's one asset working his way. ;)

juice1348
02-22-2008, 07:11 AM
for his sake, he better perform at the combine...he sucked it up hardcore in the senior bowl.(as well as brennan, but i never thought highly of brennan anyway)

Flacco sucked at the senior bowl???

Brennan is garbage.

strawser9
02-22-2008, 07:17 AM
he was 2 for 7...40 some yards

i'll look hold on...

edit* 2-7, 22 yards...0TD's, 1int

henne was 5-9, 64 yards...2TD, 0int

Cramerica
02-22-2008, 07:31 AM

i'll look hold on...

Henne's stock has been rising quick.

How he played against UF was how he was supposed to play all year. But injuries to him and his teammates hindered that.

juice1348
02-22-2008, 07:52 AM

i'll look hold on...

True, I didnt realize that. Yeah, Henne's stock has been rising on every pass attempt since the start of the Florida game.

TheBigEasy007
02-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Agree, he's the best QB in the draft. I think he'll go to the Carolina Panthers.

noo

Big_Spaz
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Mel Kiper was saying **** like, he is the most unknown, but has the strongest arm (Stronger than Ryan, Brohm, Woodson, Henne. Etc..)

Not that this really matters but I was flipping through the stations last weekend and saw the skills competition on ESPN and he was going up against the other QB's mentioned in this thread and he threw it the longest. I think it was 71 yards in the air. The kid has a freaky arm.

-Spaz

cheerupemokid
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Joe Flacco?

The Bears have showed a lot of interest in him (Private Workouts) and are targeting him for a possible second round pick, though Carolina could steal him. Combine results pending, of course.

Epihall
02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Not that this really matters but I was flipping through the stations last weekend and saw the skills competition on ESPN and he was going up against the other QB's mentioned in this thread and he threw it the longest. I think it was 71 yards in the air. The kid has a freaky arm.

-Spaz

That was his first throw. His second throw went 76 yards. I think Flacco will raise his stock and end up going in the 2nd round.

Exist 2 Inspire
02-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Flacco didn't suck it up at the Senior Bowl. He hardly had any playing time, but reports said that scouts were more impressed with him than any other quarterback because of how quickly and easily he adjusted to what the NFL coaches were telling him. At Delaware, he took every snap out of the shotgun, so lining up behind center and dropping back is going to be a lot different for him because there are different checks to make and reads to take. But given his cannon arm, his accuracy, calmness/patience, and his ability to learn and grow, I think he's going to be a great NFL quarterback some day.

Point is, he got 7 snaps in the game, but he had a better full week of practice than anyone else.

fivas15
02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Joe Flacco?

More like early 2nd.

If the Falcs take DMC then they'll take him in the second.

Agallah Adams
02-22-2008, 09:43 PM
in terms of depth, this year's QB class is solid i think. In terms of talent, this year's class is pretty bad

fivas15
02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
in terms of depth, this year's QB class is solid i think. In terms of talent, this year's class is pretty bad

There's a lot of talent at Qb.

Ryan
Brohm
Henne
Flacco
Woodson
Brennan

alot more.

Exist 2 Inspire
02-22-2008, 10:28 PM
There's a lot of talent at Qb.

Ryan
Brohm
Henne
Flacco
Woodson
Brennan

alot more.

I agree with some of the others that say this isn't a good QB class. I think Brohm and Flacco will definitely be good QB's...and maybe Henne...and maybe Ryan, but I do think he's way overrated. As far as all the others, I don't think any of them will ever be quality starters.