PDA

View Full Version : Cutting without muscle loss

ballinfrogs
03-22-2006, 08:23 AM
hey wondering whats the best way to keep muscle when cutting. I dont wanto use any supplements though so any ideas?

Anssi Manninen
03-22-2006, 08:28 AM
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/3/1/9

TDUB
03-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Well without supplements of course it is gonna be harder. Your gonna need atleast 1 gm preferably 1.5 gms of protein per pound of bodyweight. For you i would never do more than a half an hour of cardio, and i would also recommend incorporating more HIIT training than longer cardio sessions.

HYP3R
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
You can do it with proper food nutrition. Its just gonna take some careful planning and eating alot of foods rich in protein. So if you are vegetarian, I would say its near impossible. If you are true blooded meat eater, then you need to eat tons of meat!

ballinfrogs
03-22-2006, 09:05 AM
alright well i love the chicken so ima have to start eatling alot more then

Anssi Manninen
03-22-2006, 09:15 AM
"So if you are vegetarian, I would say its near impossible". Not nearly impossible, simply impossible, unless he will drop 0.002 lb per year :D

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 09:21 AM
"So if you are vegetarian, I would say its near impossible". Not nearly impossible, simply impossible, unless he will drop 0.002 lb per year :D

Not true.

Eggs, cottage cheese, Whey protein powder, Casein powder, Soy and Egg protein powder can give a Vegetarian good gains. They'll just be eating a lot of it :D

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 09:24 AM
alright well i love the chicken so ima have to start eatling alot more then

There is more than just chicken.....

Red meat, Poultry, Fish, Eggs, Cottage cheese... all have high amount of protein.

Keep your protein up, lift heavy.

Anssi Manninen
03-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Not true.

Eggs, cottage cheese, Whey protein powder, Casein powder, Soy and Egg protein powder can give a Vegetarian good gains. They'll just be eating a lot of it :D

So you dont know what is vegetarian??

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
So you dont know what is vegetarian??

No, I know what a vegetarian is. I happen to know a few.

There are vegetarians (Lacto-Ovo) that eat Egg and Dairy.

DJohnson
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Vegans can get complete proteins by combining incomplete plant proteins in the right amounts. Personally I rather just not care about the life of chickens and eat lots of them and their nice complete proteins inside.

dcarterc
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
For you i would never do more than a half an hour of cardio, and i would also recommend incorporating more HIIT training than longer cardio sessions.

Really? I'm cutting and do 45min of low-intensity cardio (walking on the treadmill on an incline) 4-5 times a week with my HR around 140bpm according to my HR monitor.

A lot of what I've read on here says that that's better for overall fat burning and preserving muscle. Although, depending on who you ask, this seems to be a pretty big debate on these boards and in the bb.com articles.

Is this not the case?

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Really? I'm cutting and do 45min of low-intensity cardio (walking on the treadmill on an incline) 4-5 times a week with my HR around 140bpm according to my HR monitor.

A lot of what I've read on here says that that's better for overall fat burning and preserving muscle. Although, depending on who you ask, this seems to be a pretty big debate on these boards and in the bb.com articles.

Is this not the case?

It is a big debate, and both are right. Do what works best for you. Why not do both? L/M insensity cardio 1 week, and HIIT the next week. Cannot hurt.