PDA

View Full Version : Gain fat through too many calories?Bad Fats? Too much sugar?

ballinfrogs
03-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Alright guys im still kind of confused on how fat is gained. Is it through not burning off the calories you eat? Through eating too many sugars? Or from eating to many bad fats? Help would be appreciated.

garlichead
03-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Alright guys im still kind of confused on how fat is gained. Is it through not burning off the calories you eat? Through eating too many sugars? Or from eating to many bad fats? Help would be appreciated.

Go to the forum "losing fat" and then go to the sticky:

"Fat - Let's try and understand it first."

Madevilz
03-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Spend more than you consume, and you'll lose.

Consume more than you spend, and you'll gain.

Aint that simple :D

NaturalMsO
03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Fat is gained from excess calories. Period. Doesn't matter if the calories are from carbs, fats--and, yes, even PROTEIN. If you consume more calories than you expend, you will gain fat. Carbs, fats and proteins are utilized differently by the body, but the end result will be the same. Bottom line: Excess calories (regardless of what type) will result in excess fat.

KeepintheFaith
03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Hello, I think some of the replies so far are a bit simplistic. Yes, calories dictate gains in WEIGHT or not. Not accounting for the breakdown of nutrition and what type of weight is gained is another ballgame. Also, if the calories come from the proper sources, indeed you may take in more by number, but you will burn more of the calories consumed and get your metabolism going to burn more stored fat sources for example.

NaturalMsO
03-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Hello, I think some of the replies so far are a bit simplistic. Yes, calories dictate gains in WEIGHT or not. Not accounting for the breakdown of nutrition and what type of weight is gained is another ballgame. Also, if the calories come from the proper sources, indeed you may take in more by number, but you will burn more of the calories consumed and get your metabolism going to burn more stored fat sources for example.
I was *trying* to be simplistic in my explanation. I could write an entire article on this subject (actually, I have--LOL), but I won't take up board space here. That's what Google is for. ;)

KeepintheFaith
03-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I was *trying* to be simplistic in my explanation. I could write an entire article on this subject (actually, I have--LOL), but I won't take up board space here. That's what Google is for. ;)

That's cool, I was hoping that what I was saying wasn't misunderstood as my saying you were wrong, I did want to throw a little bit more info in though.

NaturalMsO
03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
That's cool, I was hoping that what I was saying wasn't misunderstood as my saying you were wrong, I did want to throw a little bit more info in though.
No worries! You seem like a nice guy/girl. Always good to have nice people on the boards! :)

KeepintheFaith
03-23-2006, 12:10 PM
No worries! You seem like a nice guy/girl. Always good to have nice people on the boards! :)

Thanks, same to you! I am a guy btw...