PDA

View Full Version : Calories??

MaCD77
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Why Is That You Need To Eat 6 Meals A Day And Have Over 2600 Calories (depending On How Much Your Weight Is) Like Me Im 220 Lbs So I Probably Need Like 2800..

I Thought The Point Of Dieting Was Not To Eat Alot And Take In Alot Of Calories.......

ethoxidenuc
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
You don't need to eat 6 meals or eat over 2600calories.
I can eat 1 meal and lose the same amount of weight and check out my log, I'm eating less than 1000 calories.

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Why Is That You Need To Eat 6 Meals A Day And Have Over 2600 Calories (depending On How Much Your Weight Is) Like Me Im 220 Lbs So I Probably Need Like 2800..

I Thought The Point Of Dieting Was Not To Eat Alot And Take In Alot Of Calories.......

The 6 small meals a day is to keep your metabolism kicking and giving your body what it needs throughout the day. The more you weight, the more the body needs to take in.

@ 230, I was eating 2800+ calories a day. I was losing 2lbs a week, while maintaining muscle mass. I went from 230, down 190 on that diet. I didn't switch my caloric intake to 2300 until I hit the 180's. I was still losing with that 1.1 lbs a week. Could it have been more, and should I have cut less? Yes, I could have done 2100... but my body would have been unhappy. I listen to my body when it bitches.

Do what works best for you! :)

KALIMAN91
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
You don't need to eat 6 meals or eat over 2600calories.
I can eat 1 meal and lose the same amount of weight and check out my log, I'm eating less than 1000 calories.

Eating less then 1000 cals a day is nothing to be proud about Nicole Richie!

ethoxidenuc
03-22-2006, 10:48 AM
It's a testament to my willpower and strength. You don't need more than 1000 calories on a diet unless well, you have lots of LBM.

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 12:48 PM
This Is What I Think, The More Calories You Take In The Harder It Will Be To Burn Of All Them Calories.... 30 Min On An Ellipticle With A Heart Rate Of 180(usually Where I Like To Keep At), You Will Burn Only 300 Calories.. But What Ever Works For You..

GSP
03-22-2006, 12:54 PM
This Is What I Think, The More Calories You Take In The Harder It Will Be To Burn Of All Them Calories.... 30 Min On An Ellipticle With A Heart Rate Of 180(usually Where I Like To Keep At), You Will Burn Only 300 Calories.. But What Ever Works For You..

The 6 meals a day thing isn't supposed to be more calories. Lot's of people have an easier time with calorie reduction when they eat more often and keep their blood sugars more level. Lot's of people like sticking to 3-4 meals a day too, it really doesn't make a difference as long as the calorie deficit is there.

KALIMAN91
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
It's a testament to my willpower and strength. You don't need more than 1000 calories on a diet unless well, you have lots of LBM.

Well the reason you are here on BODYBUILDING.com is you are wanting to build some muscle right or atleast keep as much LBM as you can while losing bf.
Eating 1000 cals for any length of time just doesnt work. Sure you will lose weight but instaed of being a 250lbs fatass you will be a 150lb fatass.

But hey whatever floats your boat man. It does take willpower but you will not have any strength on 1000 cals.

Rachel_n_SD
03-22-2006, 02:49 PM
you dont have to eat 6 meals totalling 2600 calories.

i eat 6 meals, for a total of 1600 calories a day. eating frequent small meals has been proven to elevate your metabolism.

how many calories should be in each one of those meals, depends on your stats.

KALIMAN91
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM

HUH?
You realize the average person burns 1700-2500 cals aday just laying on the couch all day doing nothing.Just to maintain weight you need to eat enough cals to met your daily requirements. This doesnt count any other activities like standing up and walking your lazy butt to the crapper or any exercises you do each day.
And i have trouble beleiveing you are keeping your HR 180 for 30 minutes unless you are some type of endurance athlete.

therunners766
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
no..it isnt a testament of willpower and strength, having the balls to eat properly, and follow a hardcore exercise routine is a testament of willpower and strength, starving urself is not

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
HUH?
You realize the average person burns 1700-2500 cals aday just laying on the couch all day doing nothing.Just to maintain weight you need to eat enough cals to met your daily requirements. This doesnt count any other activities like standing up and walking your lazy butt to the crapper or any exercises you do each day.
And i have trouble beleiveing you are keeping your HR 180 for 30 minutes unless you are some type of endurance athlete.

1700 - 2500 laying on the couch all day?? thats a bunch of crap......

Trust me i do keep my HR 180 for 30 min... And that aint doing HIT

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Trust me i do keep my HR 180 for 30 min... And that aint doing HIT

How are you monitoring that? That's pretty damn high for 30 minute of cardio.

bobburn
03-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes, you do burn about that. Especially at your weight. You probably burn about 2000 calories a day doing NOTHING. It's called your BMR. Your body's natural processes need calories too :p.

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, you do burn about that. Especially at your weight. You probably burn about 2000 calories a day doing NOTHING. It's called your BMR. Your body's natural processes need calories too :p.

I WISH I BURNED THAT MUCH DOING NOTHING.. LET SEE IF I BURN THAT MUCH HOW MANY POUNDS WOULD I LOSE IN A WEEK WITH OUT EATING NOTHING ONLY DRINKING WATER (WHICH I'LL NEVER DO)...

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
How are you monitoring that? That's pretty damn high for 30 minute of cardio.

THE MACHINE (which i think it's pretty acurate)....

rooster51984
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I WISH I BURNED THAT MUCH DOING NOTHING.. LET SEE IF I BURN THAT MUCH HOW MANY POUNDS WOULD I LOSE IN A WEEK WITH OUT EATING NOTHING ONLY DRINKING WATER (WHICH I'LL NEVER DO)...

Your metabolism and your body’s ability to burn calories is a ridiculously complex system. If you do a crash diet (1000 calories or less range) your BMR changes because your body goes into a state of starvation and tries to conserve every possibly calorie it can. It also causes you to actually hold onto fat! Forget all the logic floating around in your head and remember that the people on these boards, especially StrongEnough? Have been doing this stuff SUCCESSFULLY for a long time. Hey I did it too at first, I tried the crash diet. I ended up losing muscle so the scale read lower but I looked basically just as fat, and I ended up gaining more weight back when I couldn’t keep up with the diet anymore. I wish you luck but I highly suggest you start reading the stickys and understand their creditability.

arose70
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
THE MACHINE (which i think it's pretty acurate)....
Machines are notorious for overestimating everything from heartrate to cals burned....

EDIT: And my BMR is roughly 2000 and I'm a girl

alblocker
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
haha you do burn ATLEAST that much doing nothing, IDIOT! GOD! good good, more for me and you right?

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 04:33 PM
haha you do burn ATLEAST that much doing nothing, IDIOT! GOD!

haha alright idiot so how many pounds will you lose without eatin nothing just drinkin water,and sittin on your ass for a week!!

good good, more for me and you right

WHAT?? MAKE SINCE!!

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Machines are notorious for overestimating everything from heartrate to cals burned....

EDIT: And my BMR is roughly 2000 and I'm a girl

YEA PROBABLY RIGHT... BUT BY HOW MUCH WOULD IT BE OFF??? ...

alblocker
03-22-2006, 04:47 PM
haha alright idiot so how many pounds will you lose without eatin nothing just drinkin water,and sittin on your ass for a week!!

WHAT?? MAKE SINCE!!

haha make since? why dont you make sense

StrongEnough?
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Could be off by 20 or so.

When I really push myself, I can do a steady 155-160bpm, and that's with a real heart rate monitor on me. My machine is off by 20bpm

Philabong
03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Just ask yourself how many people you know on a high (bad) carb, low fat, low calorie diet (maybe your mom or sister), then ask yourself how long they've been on said diet. Then picture what they look like. That kind of diet does not help your body long term. You may get lose lbs but you'll still be fat.

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 04:55 PM
haha make since? why dont you make sense

LOL MY FAULT ENGLISH TEACHER YOU GOT ME ON THAT ONE.... BUT I AM MAKING PERFECT SENSE THAT WHY YOU WRITING BACK

MaCD77
03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Could be off by 20 or so.

When I really push myself, I can do a steady 155-160bpm, and that's with a real heart rate monitor on me. My machine is off by 20bpm

PROBABLY RIGHT I GUESS I GOT TO BUY ME ONE OF THOSE HEART RATE MONITORS, BUT 160 FOR 30 MIN IT STILL AINT BAD

KALIMAN91
03-23-2006, 05:38 AM
Man Oh Man all the crap that this guy MaCD77 has spouted off. I guess he really knows his stuff.
Dude seriously, you need to do less posting and more learning and researching.
You really have alot to learn before you start posting things you think you have any clue about.

You must be a product of the California public school system. lol

MaCD77
03-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Man Oh Man all the crap that this guy MaCD77 has spouted off. I guess he really knows his stuff.
Dude seriously, you need to do less posting and more learning and researching.
You really have alot to learn before you start posting things you think you have any clue about.

You must be a product of the California public school system. lol

LOL YOU FUNNY , YOU LIKE ALL THE CRAP I STARTED + I THOUGHT THE POINT OF POSTING SOMETHING WAS SO YOU COULD LEARN SOMETHING AND GET INFO.. AND I GOT MY WORKOUT AND DIET ON POINT WANT TO SEE IT???

dcarmickle
03-23-2006, 11:28 AM
LOL YOU FUNNY , YOU LIKE ALL THE CRAP I STARTED.. AND I GOT MY WORKOUT AND DIET ON POINT WANT TO SEE IT???

Dude you can think what you want, but I assure you all that weight you are losing...yeah there is alot of fat being lost...but you are losing a tremendous amount of muscle and killing your metabolism...and if and when you ever have a normal diet your metabolism will be so slow that you will put on weight by the ton...

KALIMAN91
03-23-2006, 02:16 PM
AND I GOT MY WORKOUT AND DIET ON POINT WANT TO SEE IT???

I am sure i am gonna regret this but post it.I am up for some laughs.lol

MaCD77
03-23-2006, 03:20 PM
I am sure i am gonna regret this but post it.I am up for some laughs.lol

ALRIGHT LET SEE IF YOU LAUGH... I KNOW I BEEN TALKING ALOT OF CRAP ABOUT CALORIES BUT IF YOU READ BACK I NEVER SAID I WAS DOING A CRASH DIET AND I NEVER SAID I WAS'NT EATIN 6 MEALS A DAY...

MY WORKOUT:

Legs: Monday
Barbell Front Squats /Barbell Lunges - 4 x 4-6
Romanian Deadlifts/Barbell Good Mornings - 3 x 6-10
Barbell Standing Calf Raises/- 3 x 6-10
Crunches/Hanging Leg Raises - 3 x 8-15
Cardio 30 min

Cardio: Tuesday 2 or 3hours

Push: Wednesday
Dumbbell Flat Bench Press/Barbell Incline Bench Press - 4 x 4-6 DB
Seated Shoulder Press/Barbell Push Press - 3 x 6-10
Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions or Barbell Close-Grip Bench Press - 3 x 6-10
Cardio 30 min

Cardio: Thursday 2 or 3hours

Pull: Friday
Deadlifts/Snatch Grip Deadlifts - 4 x 4-6
Pull-ups/Cable Rows - 3 x 6-10
Dumbbell Seated Bicep Curls/Barbell Preacher Curls - 3 x 8-12
Cardio 30 min

Saturday: REST(ocassionally i do 45min of cardio)
Sunday: REST

MY DIET:

Meal 1: oats, whole eggs, egg whites, small piece fruit
Meal 2: chicken breast,(change it every 3 days with some lean pork or steak) vegetables, olive oil, fish oils
Meal 3: turkey breast, vegetables, brown rice, walnuts, fish oils
Meal 4: whey protein, oats, skim milk, small piece fruit, fish oils

Train

Meal 5: whey protein, oats, skim milk, small piece fruit
Meal 6: natural peanut butter

KALIMAN91
03-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Great! Did that make you feel better?

I hope so now do one more thing for me. Turn off the caps!

As far as the diet goes that is a pretty generic looking discription. Usually people use oz,cups etc to measure their exact amounts.No protien on your last meal?
Looks like you just kinda throw that together.But it doesnt look bad.
Anyway you sure showed me you know you stuff thats for sure. LMAO

MaCD77
03-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Great! Did that make you feel better?

I hope so now do one more thing for me. Turn off the caps!

As far as the diet goes that is a pretty generic looking discription. Usually people use oz,cups etc to measure their exact amounts.No protien on your last meal?
Looks like you just kinda throw that together.But it doesnt look bad.
Anyway you sure showed me you know you stuff thats for sure. LMAO

NOPE THE QUESTION SHOULD BE IF PUTTING MY DIET UP MADE YOU FEEL BETTER OR FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT??.. LOL ALRIGHT DUDE ALL JOKES ASIDE, I ACTUALLY HAVENT STARTED YET, I WILL BE STARTING IT NEXT WEEK. GLAD TO KNOW IT'S A GOOD DIET.. I WAS THINKING OF ADDING SOME CASSIEN PROTEIN ON MY LAST MEAL.... CAPS WILL STAY ON, WHY TURN OFF THE CAPS IS IT HURTING YOUR EYES??LOL

BigTrans2006
03-23-2006, 07:23 PM
I can now go to bed amused. Oh, and burn maybe 500-800 calories while I'm asleep as well.

Do some research please Mac, these people are here to help you, not hurt you. 99.9% of the time if 20 people are saying one thing and 1 person is saying another, the 20 are right.

But, in some freak of nature possible way, you might be doing a great job on your diet and excercise, science states otherwise though.

Cheers :)