PDA

View Full Version : Lacrosse workouts

Ebonn101
11-18-2002, 07:58 PM
I want to be able to increase my ability to really punish someone in a game, with hard bodychecks and good stick checks, but I cant figure out which muscles to target. I'm currently in wrestling season, so I get a good cardio workout in addition to lifting. Thoughts?

Arniefan
11-20-2002, 02:14 PM
strength training....

h2o_polo_goof
11-25-2002, 02:44 PM
The key to every game is good, powerful legs. Any sport needs legs. Try squats, deadlifts, leg press, and leg ext and curls. Also make sure your abs and lower back aren't too weak so your hits connect and use the power of your legs!

avalanche41789
01-30-2005, 01:47 PM
All hitting is a product of your legs and abs. You need forearm strength for stick checks, and overall upper body strength to shoot fast.

jordanxharder
09-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I want to be able to increase my ability to really punish someone in a game, with hard bodychecks and good stick checks, but I cant figure out which muscles to target. I'm currently in wrestling season, so I get a good cardio workout in addition to lifting. Thoughts?

Stick to basic compound exercises. Squat deadlift and definitly do some pressing. Part of the movement of a check is a push, which is a bench press also works. Working on all three will definitly help. Also if your gym has gear to work on strongman training (mainly tire flips) I would work on that as well.