PDA

View Full Version : Can someone make sure of this?

smoothdster
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Hey...well I'm trying to get on an 7 meal per day diet to bulk up a little bit but gain minimal fat. Here is what im doing...can someoen make sure im not overdoing this calorie wise?:

Breakfast - Cereal (about 160 cals + rice milk and two table spoons of applesauce)

About two hours later - Some sort of breakfast bar (about 120 cals)

Lunch - Large, basic salad. Lettuce, Cheese and thousand island dressing
Some kind of soup or chili (I dont know the cal count for the salad or the soup)

After lunch about two hours later - Another bar similar to the first

(workout between here)

About two hours later - A light meal consisting of bread and peanut butter (rougly 200 calories)

Dinner - usually some type of meat and potatoes or rice.

Before bed - a small -100 cal. snack.

--

How does this look to you experts? should i eat more or less?

Thanks

ironstrife
03-21-2006, 01:16 PM
you barely posted anything.. you didn't provide any stats, goal, and your description of your meals have absolutely no details and im sure your calorie counts are wrong as well... for now all i can say is, eat big and do cardio..

grapemaster
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
first off i'd lose the potatos, thousand island dressing and chili... there are just more nutritious calories you can put there. as above poster said, i think your calorie calculations are a bit off, and from the looks of it you need WAY more calories if you are trying to put on muscle, that looks like a meal plan for a 12 year old girl. post your stats and goals.

smoothdster
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
my bad...I'm new to here, I didn't think about posting stats etc.

I weigh 147 with a 11% body fat or so. I'd like to weigh 160 by april 27th (but I doubt that is possible). Basically, my goal is to go from strong to stronger. I'm sixteen years old.

And yes, im sure my calorie count is a little bit off...i was guesstimating.

But eating a lot of calories and doing cardio is what I need to do to bulk up a little bit? How much cardio?

Right now, im relying on cardio as my leg workouts as I have active osgood shlatters disease in my knees and it causes A LOT of pain after I lift substantial weight with my legs. On my cardio days, I am running for about 13 minutes at a pretty fast pace and doing a very, very, very short shoulder workout (like 4 minutes long)...and on my weight days I'm running a 5 minute cardio at the same pace to warm up and doing about a 30 minute upperbody workout.

Thanks for ya'lls quick replies :)

boyscouT
03-21-2006, 02:19 PM
first off i'd lose the potatos, thousand island dressing and chili... there are just more nutritious calories you can put there. as above poster said, i think your calorie calculations are a bit off, and from the looks of it you need WAY more calories if you are trying to put on muscle, that looks like a meal plan for a 12 year old girl. post your stats and goals.

or 12 year old boy. Try not to be sexist, or the little female population we do have might leave.

ripped_holla
03-21-2006, 02:22 PM
There's very little in that diet to "bulk up" on. Hardly any protein; you definitely need some in the morning. Add some more substantial meals too, even when I'm eating 6-7 meals a day now it's not just little things here and there. It might be tuna on whole wheat bread, some corn, and an orange. I try to mix it up a bit but there are 'usuals' that I'll eat during the day.

smoothdster
03-21-2006, 02:59 PM
alright thank you you very much :)

grapemaster
03-21-2006, 03:50 PM
or 12 year old boy. Try not to be sexist, or the little female population we do have might leave.
sorry, I wasn't trying to be sexist if it came off that way, just girls generally need less cals than guys being guys are generally bigger/taller.