PDA

View Full Version : Juicer

animal2b
03-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Turning 21 in May and since a Ferrari isn't a likely present, I was thinking more along the lines of a Juicer. A friend said juicers remove important fiber from the fruits - is that true? Are there any juicers that don't remover fiber?

What juicers do you guys have or can recommend? I'm looking in the 100-200 dollar price range.

Also just curious if anybody has ever juiced an avacado and how it tasted.

alan aragon
03-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Turning 21 in May and since a Ferrari isn't a likely present, I was thinking more along the lines of a Juicer. A friend said juicers remove important fiber from the fruits - is that true? Are there any juicers that don't remover fiber?

What juicers do you guys have or can recommend? I'm looking in the 100-200 dollar price range.

Also just curious if anybody has ever juiced an avacado and how it tasted.Why on earth would you do that? I recommend eating veggies & fruits over juicing them. More satiety & less calorie density (good if you're dieting), less cleanup (good if you don't have a maid), more fiber & phytochemicals in the structural component of the plant (good if you can't tell the future of your potential for chronic disease).

Leave juicing for infomercial junkies & other health scam victims.

WowStrongTestys
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
You're lucky I'm on the board. I've been using juicers for four years. I have used four of them: The twinstar, The omega 3000, Breville and Jack Lalane's juicer.

The best one hands down is the Omega 3000. It produces a little less juice than the twinstar or any other double auger juicer, but a lot faster to clean. It only takes me ten minutes to clean. The Centrifugal juicers don't juice a lot of the vegetables so you find yourself not having much choice. The other problem with centrifugal juicers is that they overheat and break easily.

I've had my Twinstar for four years and Omega 3000 for two years. Omega 3000 is the best choice of them all.

As far as fiber goes, the pulp comes out into the shootbin, so you can eat the pulp if you want the fiber. But after juicing a bunch of kale, Beets, Spinach, Celery, you find a huge bin of pulp, and three glasses of juice. There is no way you can eat all those vegetable in one day, but you can drink them down at one time. You can eat some of their pulp if you want their fiber.

phillyboyintn
03-19-2006, 02:58 PM
You're lucky I'm on the board. I've been using juicers for four years. I have used four of them: The twinstar, The omega 3000, Breville and Jack Lalane's juicer.

The best one hands down is the Omega 3000.

What was your experience with the LaLanne Power Juicer and where did you buy your Omega 3000?

alan aragon
03-19-2006, 02:59 PM
after juicing a bunch of kale, Beets, Spinach, Celery, you find a huge bin of pulp, and three glasses of juice. There is no way you can eat all those vegetable in one day, but you can drink them down at one time. You can eat some of their pulp if you want their fiber.Like I said, juicing hikes up calorie density because you're able to eat a buttload of plant extract in a single swoop. This isn't the greatest thing for dieters, versus eating the whole fruit or veg. If saving calories isn't an issue, then juice away - but don't think you're doing anything special for your health if you're already eating lots of F & V.

animal2b
03-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Like I said, juicing hikes up calorie density because you're able to eat a buttload of plant extract in a single swoop. This isn't the greatest thing for dieters, versus eating the whole fruit or veg. If saving calories isn't an issue, then juice away - but don't think you're doing anything special for your health if you're already eating lots of F & V.

Welp, I'm always bulking :D so calories are a non-issue for me.