PDA

View Full Version : PWO protein... one scoop or two?

u.demartino
03-16-2006, 08:03 PM
as the title states... do you take 1 or 2 scoops? ive been doing 2, but im wondering if it really makes a difference

FakePlasticTree
03-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I say one then add some yogurt and milk. That ends up being around 45 grams of protein which is a good amount.

jdhsgsdgsd
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I do like 2 :P doesnt matter

just get the damn calories and protein in! Everyone follows all these stuff like its a science but here's food for thought..

My sisters bf bulked without knowing crap about crap..

He just ate regular food, pumped iron in the basement, and went from like a skinny mofo to like a big ass dude..

he didnt count calories, protein, didnt eat any cottage cheese, no preworkout, no post workout..

basically if u eat enough food and workout u will grow.lol

he does have skinny legs tho. haha

ripped_holla
03-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I take 1.5 scoops of whey and then almost 2 'whey scooper' scoops of dextrose. Need a lot of carbs postworkout.

Twisted13
03-17-2006, 04:56 AM

just get the damn calories and protein in! Everyone follows all these stuff like its a science but here's food for thought..

He just ate regular food, pumped iron in the basement, and went from like a skinny mofo to like a big ass dude..

he didnt count calories, protein, didnt eat any cottage cheese, no preworkout, no post workout..

I know what you mean. Sometimes I also get carried away with weighing everything to the last gram, as if 20-50 calories extra or less will make someone fat or not grow.

But Have a guideline takes you from looking big to being healthy and in shape though.

US_Ranger
03-17-2006, 05:24 AM

Yeah, let's all base our eating off your sisters boyfriend. I'm sure we all have the same genetics he does......

Robbyrh10
03-17-2006, 07:06 AM
1.5 scoops whey

u.demartino
03-17-2006, 07:19 PM
anyone else?

Alex88
03-17-2006, 07:30 PM

Agreed. People obsess over the minutae of nutrition when it really doesnt matter in the long run. Eating a protein bar once in a while wont kill you or hinder your gains. HFCS is not the devil. Your metabolism wont magically slow down if you dont eat for 3 hours. Eating carbs with fat wont make you fat. Eating carbs after 6 PM wont make you fat either.

165->190 =]
03-17-2006, 08:37 PM
I take 1.5 scoops of whey and then almost 2 'whey scooper' scoops of dextrose. Need a lot of carbs postworkout.
damn, i take 1 scoop PWO and its sweet as fark..hows two go? lol

ripped_holla
03-17-2006, 08:45 PM
']damn, i take 1 scoop PWO and its sweet as fark..hows two go? lol

Well I put all that in a shaker bottle (about 33g protein and 67g carbs). Yes it is sweet but I fill the shaker up the top with water. Tastes like candy. :D

grapemaster
03-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Agreed. People obsess over the minutae of nutrition when it really doesnt matter in the long run. Eating a protein bar once in a while wont kill you or hinder your gains. HFCS is not the devil. Your metabolism wont magically slow down if you dont eat for 3 hours. Eating carbs with fat wont make you fat. Eating carbs after 6 PM wont make you fat either.
I'm not so sure about that, atleast not for some of us, doing a really strict diet helps, atleast for me, I used to do about the same things and not really worry if hte calories or macros were exact, no prebed ****, etc. I do that now and stuck to a strict regimen and have seen much better lean gains.

Alex88
03-17-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm not so sure about that, atleast not for some of us, doing a really strict diet helps, atleast for me, I used to do about the same things and not really worry if hte calories or macros were exact, no prebed ****, etc. I do that now and stuck to a strict regimen and have seen much better lean gains.

Notice how I did not mention the exactness of calories and macros. When it all comes down to it, those are the most important things. The issues of nutrient timing (OMG EAT EVERY 3 HOURS OR YOU WILL GO CATABOLIC), fear of processed food (ANYTHING THAT I DINT KILL OR GROW IS THE DEVILZZZ.. HFCS WILL KILL ME), and carbs before bed are all pretty pointless things to obsess over. When it comes down to it, as long as you stick to your diet 80% of the time, and allow for a few pleasures in life (eating out with friends instead of being a pain the ass and munching on your chicken boobies etc...), youd stick with your diet easier in the long run. Being overly compulsive and strict with your diet only sets yourself for failure down the road (i.e. cheat days, eventual binging etc...).