PDA

View Full Version : Some football help....

fire_football34
11-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Alrighty, first off, I want to try out for the local Arena Football 2 team by around this time this year. I want to try out as like a Fullback/Lone set back/Blocking back that type of running back. The thing is, as of now, I'm only 165 but I want to bulk up to about 200. Another thing is that I only run a 4.9 40 and I want to cut that down to about 4.6 or a 4.55. I know it's going to be hard but I really want to do this. I will do anything possible to get better and make myself better.

I know that you all have some Strength/Speed/Size programs that could help me alot. I would seriously appriciate any help that anybody could possibly give me.

Oh yeah if it helps my maxes are
Bench- 265 lbs.
Squat- 365 lbs.
Clean- 175 lbs.

Thank you all for reading...

SIZMTRZ
11-18-2002, 09:22 AM
well, in AFL and AF2 the running backs, 90% of the time act as a 4th lineman, and are often 6'2"+ and 250lb +. Sorry... Maybe you could be a corner/reciever?

fire_football34
11-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Well, I talked to some of the fullbacks that are "moving on" from there and they are my height and they both weight about 210-220 lbs. I think that the team I want to play for runs the ball more than most. I don't know, hell...

SIZMTRZ
11-18-2002, 12:52 PM
what team?

BigBadT51
11-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Way too small man, unless your talking about some european football buddy, the ol' american soccer. You're too small to play the big boys unless you cut that 40 time down to the really low 4's. Not trying to be harsh man, but thats the truth. I found out the hard way too being 5'11" and 200 when going out for college and I was a 4 year letterman. I got it handed to me. Take up a different sport.

fire_football34
11-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Louisville Fire....

Nah, I'm talking about American football...
there site is www.firefootball.cc

Tony Stallings Is about my height but he's like 30 plus lbs. bigger than me. They do run it a lot more than most teams.

SIZMTRZ
11-18-2002, 02:55 PM
Hey, I know a few guys down there, they play semi pro for the louisville bulls. I was gonna tryout for them but I had other obligations up here in D-town. You might wanna gt with the Bulls to get some PT in during the AF2 off season.

fire_football34
11-18-2002, 07:06 PM
When does that start?
What league is it? Do they have a website or anything?

jimsp
11-18-2002, 07:51 PM
can any of u explain to me the afl2. ive herd of arena football and watch the games sumtimes but wut is arena football 2 is it like a step down from the arena football league???

SIZMTRZ
11-19-2002, 12:06 PM
af2 is the feeder league to the Arean league. Teams are of a lower budget, and are located in smaller towns. Like Arena 1 teams are in New York city and Detroit, AF2 teams are in Rochester New york, and Norfolk, VA.

The team is in Ft. Wayne, in the NIFL, National Indoor Football League, they start the same time as the Afl, in early spring. They have a site, I don't know the address, just do a search for the Fort Wayn Freedom.

Good Luck

TMAX
11-20-2002, 10:33 AM
It will take a lot of hard work to shave 4 tenths off your 40 time.
Also, in Arena football, FB are the only running back and they also have to play LB. You go both ways in Arena. Good luck trying to gain the weight and get faster at the same time. You will need to work your ass off for about a year. The bast way to get faster is to do resisted sprints.

Westy0404
11-26-2002, 04:34 PM
As you know you have to play two positions in Arena. If you play fullback you also have to play linebacker. Both your speed and size need to improve to play Arena 2. There are a lot of D-I ex college football players playing at that level trying to make it to Arena 1. Where have you played before? If you're interested in a program to get bigger and stronger for check out Complete Athletic Development for Football.
http://www.criticalbench.com/footballprogram.htm

Good luck.

Westy0404
11-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Yes Arena 2 is a step down. People playing Arena 2 are trying to make it to Arena 1. You don't get paid very much. You won't be able to pay the bills playing Arena 2. You'll have to have another job as well even during the season. If you're looking for more of a recreational league look into semi-pro football.

P.T.B.W
11-28-2002, 04:52 PM
You guys might notice a trend here, but go to frappier accelleration. I'm up the road from you in the Nati, where they have a few offices. I would imagine they have one in louisville With your leg stregth and weight you should be faster than you are, chances are your form and flexibility might need some work.
Start a good bulking program, don't be afraid to gain a few pounds of fat also. It might take a few years, but you can reach your goals.
Here is where I was six months ago:
5' 10" 175 lbs. could only run 13 mph(that really sucks)
now-192, running 20 mph. Still not as fast as need to be, but I have gotten faster and bigger. Good luck, feel free to PM me if you have questions about frappier.