PDA

View Full Version : The Micro Grill

Aindreas
02-15-2008, 08:41 PM
https://www.microgrill.com/

So apparently my mom saw these on sale at JcPenny for 20 bucks and got me one for my dorm room (my electric skillet got confiscated lol). To me it appears to be one of those things that looks too good to be true and thus probably is, but it's waiting for me at home if I want it. Anyone know anything about/have any experience with these?

Dracoy
02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
lol why the hell did they confiscate your electric skillet?

bookv
02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Hmmm... never seen one of these things. Probably no where as good as the electric version, but hey, for 20 bucks, its worth the experiment.

Aindreas
02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
lol why the hell did they confiscate your electric skillet?

It violates fire codes. I don't have a fire extinguisher in my room. Lame and ironic considering other things I've had in my room without incident...;)

Dracoy
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Bastards!

Hopefully you'll get to keep this, looks really really cool =D

Aindreas
02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Bastards!

Hopefully you'll get to keep this, looks really really cool =D

Seriously. I'm fairly certain I'll get to keep it, I just want to know if it works and how well.

Most reviews I've read say it does but complain about the exorbitant price (normally $70+shipping) which was obviously not an issue in this case.

Lavoisier
02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks like a knock off foreman grill.

Aindreas
02-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Looks like a knock off foreman grill.

Are you kidding? Since when do you stick a Foreman in the microwave?

N.W.M.
02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Those microwave "attachments" never have the same taste as the real thing. I got one of those once that cooks eggs. OMG it was disgusting. That crap went in the garbage the first day it came in the house.

Lavoisier
02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Are you kidding? Since when do you stick a Foreman in the microwave?

Oh haha, I didn't read it. I just looked at the picture.

Which is why i said it 'looks like' a knockoff of a foreman grill.

Anyway, I don't like microwaving food in general. IMO it makes it too moist...I don't see how a skillet is any different from just microwaving without it.

Aindreas
02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh haha, I didn't read it. I just looked at the picture.

Which is why i said it 'looks like' a knockoff of a foreman grill.

Anyway, I don't like microwaving food in general. IMO it makes it too moist...I don't see how a skillet is any different from just microwaving without it.

I don't like microwaving food either, but I'm not left with much choice ATM and wanted input from people who'd actually used something similar. I don't know how it keeps the moisture out, but supposedly it does.

Those microwave "attachments" never have the same taste as the real thing. I got one of those once that cooks eggs. OMG it was disgusting. That crap went in the garbage the first day it came in the house.

Well that's discouraging. I'm just hoping it makes it taste better than straight up microwaving...:(

Aindreas
02-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Bump. :D

I just wanna say that even though this doesn't measure up to a real grill (obviously), it's great for what it is, and if you're a college student with only a microwave, it's very quick and convenient. I "grilled" some sirloin for breakfast this morning and it wasn't bad at all, surprisingly juicy and thoroughly cooked. It even had grill marks lol.

rob426hz
02-18-2008, 08:50 AM
haha nice... i remember those fire codes... would've set off the fire sprinklers many times with the foreman... but i found out that they actually didn't work in my dorm... (talk about a fire code)... good to hear it works for u tho.

Aindreas
02-22-2008, 04:29 PM
So this f*cker sparked up and melted yesterday lmao :p. Our microwave still smells like melted plastic. Some things are, indeed, too good to be true...

mr_moto_civic
06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
So this f*cker sparked up and melted yesterday lmao :p. Our microwave still smells like melted plastic. Some things are, indeed, too good to be true...

Wow, how did it end up sparking? I'm thinking of getting one of these since the prices are dropping to 20 bucks (or less with coupon). I don't think this will really replace the Foreman, but it can be used as a browning tray by removing the top part of the unit. You can use it to nuke stuff brown and crispy. BTW, the Micro Grill is 12" long, so it will only fit larger microwaves.

Aindreas
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow, how did it end up sparking? I'm thinking of getting one of these since the prices are dropping to 20 bucks (or less with coupon). I don't think this will really replace the Foreman, but it can be used as a browning tray by removing the top part of the unit. You can use it to nuke stuff brown and crispy. BTW, the Micro Grill is 12" long, so it will only fit larger microwaves.

I have no idea why it sparked lol. I doubt it will replace the Foreman, but in my dorm Foremans were illegal and this was not, so it came in handy while it lasted. Which was a few days.

xamadeix
06-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Grill looks cheap, and 20 bucks is pretty cheap.. you get what you pay for :D

Junkie2
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
For college that would be pretty sick. For home that would suck.

mr_moto_civic
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I have no idea why it sparked lol. I doubt it will replace the Foreman, but in my dorm Foremans were illegal and this was not, so it came in handy while it lasted. Which was a few days.

Yeah, it's weird that it sparked and melted. That ain't supposed to happen.

mr_moto_civic
06-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Grill looks cheap, and 20 bucks is pretty cheap.. you get what you pay for :D

I think when it first came out on TV you had to buy two for $80 plus ridiculous shipping/handling fees, so it ended up costing over $100.