PDA

View Full Version : Hooter Wings Nutrition info ?

sst0cki
03-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I had a cheat meal today and was just curiouse as to the nutirtion info of the order below fomr hooters, I couldnt find it on the website

20 BBQ's chicken
1 order of fries

lp4life
03-11-2006, 08:27 PM
I dont know if its specifically hooters,

But theres an interesting fact box in one of my Mens Health magazines that says:

"One serving of 10 buffalo wings takes 4.8 hours of cardio to burn off the calories"

sst0cki
03-11-2006, 08:32 PM
omg....

I ate 20 fcking buffalo wings........................****

I am going to do so much cardio, literally, probably 75 minutes of high intesnity cardio ( Ive done it before) **** !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.recipezaar.com/3603

I just found that, omg, how bad did I just ruin my gains ? from ym cut, ****

lp4life
03-11-2006, 08:35 PM
The extra cardio will be good, just done kill yourself.

You'll be fine though, just dont make meals like this regular occurances.

Its a cheat, enjoy it and get back on track

boyscouT
03-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't get it....

You guys (guys as in the numerous ppl who make threads similar to this) know you just had a CHEAT meal, but then start bitchin & worryin about the macros & calories.

*shakes head*

lp4life
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
A cheat meal is like hooking up while your drunk,

Its awsome while its happening, but when its over you beat yourself up for doing it.

boyscouT
03-11-2006, 08:42 PM
A cheat meal is like hooking up while your drunk,

Its awsome while its happening, but when its over you beat yourself up for doing it.

...... holy rep batman!

edit: damn, i've already repped you from before.

sst0cki
03-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't get it....

You guys (guys as in the numerous ppl who make threads similar to this) know you just had a CHEAT meal, but then start bitchin & worryin about the macros & calories.

*shakes head*

I appreciate you answering the question, that was a very helpfull post, **** the next time I need a fcking Korean to say that to me I should come here form now on.

Now go eat those dogs, you korean

boyscouT
03-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I appreciate you answering the question, that was a very helpfull post, **** the next time I need a fcking Korean to say that to me I should come here form now on.

I've actually never had dog, but I hear it tastes just like chicken.

lp4life
03-11-2006, 08:56 PM
wow that racism was deff uncalled for....

sst0cki
03-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I've actually never had dog, but I hear it tastes just like chicken.

how bout fish bowl soup ?

smckdwn989
03-11-2006, 09:03 PM
wow, no wonder that guy has such negative rep...

anyways, take it easy, a cheat meal is fine every now and then (although some interpret them to different degrees). Just get back and track, lift, run and relax.

grapemaster
03-11-2006, 09:38 PM
just grill them, still taste good. :)

Mesto
03-11-2006, 11:21 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting to see that...YOU MEANY! anyways... i cheat all the time and it takes me forever to gain weight... (look at my sig about 2 months to gain 5 pounds) so i wouldnt worry about it to much, as long as it isnt an every day thing and you should be ok but to be on the safe side..make your cardio harder tmw.

BigTrans2006
03-11-2006, 11:58 PM
When I first started getting back in shape I was fixed on a scatter brained version of the Atkins diet. I ate an amazing amount of wings...figuring they couldn't be that bad.

After 6 months of studying these forums and numerous other nutritional information outlets, I am shocked at what I used to engorge myself with.

I never actually saw any nutritional information on 'wings' until now. All I can say is WOW!!!

Hooters Buffalo Wings

Calculated for 1 serving (334g)
Recipe makes 2 servings

Calories 866
Calories from Fat 563 (65%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 62.6g 96%
Saturated Fat 25.6g 128%
Polyunsat. Fat 9.4g
Monounsat. Fat 21.6g
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 249mg 83%
Sodium 1379mg 57%
Potassium 478mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 24.9g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4%
Sugars 0.6g
Protein 48.7g 97%

As for the racism, totally uncalled for.

Oh and this is my very first post on these forums :)

boyscouT
03-12-2006, 05:22 AM
When I first started getting back in shape I was fixed on a scatter brained version of the Atkins diet. I ate an amazing amount of wings...figuring they couldn't be that bad.

After 6 months of studying these forums and numerous other nutritional information outlets, I am shocked at what I used to engorge myself with.

I never actually saw any nutritional information on 'wings' until now. All I can say is WOW!!!

Hooters Buffalo Wings

Calculated for 1 serving (334g)
Recipe makes 2 servings

Calories 866
Calories from Fat 563 (65%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 62.6g 96%
Saturated Fat 25.6g 128%
Polyunsat. Fat 9.4g
Monounsat. Fat 21.6g
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 249mg 83%
Sodium 1379mg 57%
Potassium 478mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 24.9g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4%
Sugars 0.6g
Protein 48.7g 97%

As for the racism, totally uncalled for.

Oh and this is my very first post on these forums :)

Welcome BT,

LOL yea, those wings pack a punch! Guess I know what I WON'T be eating for cheat meals.

PS: I hope he's learned his lesson about watchin his mouth!

dirtpool
03-12-2006, 07:35 AM
omg....

I ate 20 fcking buffalo wings........................****

I am going to do so much cardio, literally, probably 75 minutes of high intesnity cardio ( Ive done it before) **** !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.recipezaar.com/3603

I just found that, omg, how bad did I just ruin my gains ? from ym cut, ****

"ruin my gains?"................?????

if you're bulking it'll probably help if anything,
if you're cutting those aren't really "gains" then are they?

grapemaster
03-12-2006, 08:55 AM
i also tried atkins for awhile and realize now that some stuff i was eating was killing it, even pre then I would normally eat healthy but eat out at restaurants I thought were decently healthy, turns out they arent, those 2000 cal meals on top of it a few times a week were probably what was holding me back from losing weight once a week. in the end I think the key to weight loss is cal, obviously, I always thought that too, but... you really need to know your stuff as far as what foods have so many cals, people eat out and just assume something is probably 300-400 cal, oh its chicken, then bam, its 1800 calories and they are done for the entire day, you do that twice a week and there goes 1 pound of weight you didn't lose thinking you really did eat your right calories. Hooters are probably some of the worst wings though b/c they are breaded and there for can soak up more of that grease than a non breaded wing such as BW3. An example for that... ever eat kfc? think how juicy and good it tastes when you eat it fresh... ever put it in the fridge and tried to eat it the next day? Its freaking nasty and has this kina gunk like substance all through it.

BigTrans2006
03-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Thank you for the welcome boyscout.

I am so happy I learned as fast as I did because I tend to hear of horror stories when people stick to a certain "disaster diet" for so long. Calories are everything. I remember trying to stick with the atkins diet and the food getting so redundant and less fulfilling, now I eat just about anything I want (clean food) and enjoy the hell out of it all.

I updated my little stats/goal sheet in my signature as well, if anyone can suggest more info for me to put in there about myself that would be awesome because I kinda created it blindly.

~~~BT

boyscouT
03-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the welcome boyscout.

I am so happy I learned as fast as I did because I tend to hear of horror stories when people stick to a certain "disaster diet" for so long. Calories are everything. I remember trying to stick with the atkins diet and the food getting so redundant and less fulfilling, now I eat just about anything I want (clean food) and enjoy the hell out of it all.

I updated my little stats/goal sheet in my signature as well, if anyone can suggest more info for me to put in there about myself that would be awesome because I kinda created it blindly.

~~~BT

ya can ditch the BMI, its a very inaccurate way to portray oneself and its useless for the majority of people.

BigTrans2006
03-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Done :)

I am going to get a full body evaluation at the hospital soon so I will be able to describe myself more accurately.