PDA

View Full Version : what kind of protein is in chicken and stuff

Chris A
02-14-2008, 11:52 PM
like chicken, steak, beef, tuna and eggs? Only foods i know what kind of protein they have is i know milk and cottage cheese have lots of casein and nuts have soy. I dont even know where whey comes from... i guess milk has a little bit of it? I know the foods i listed take a while to digest so would they have casein protein or what?

xtreme261
02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
No casein and whey are both dairy protiens. Soy protien comes from soy beans, nuts don't have soy protien unless it's a soy nut, which i've never come accross. Eggs have egg protien, and so on and so forth.

xtreme261
02-14-2008, 11:58 PM
As a rule whey is a very fast protien, eggs are a medium protien, and casein is a slow protien. Whey is good for your first meal, and after your workout, casein is great before bed, and eggs are good for any time. Of course meats have different digestion times but most meats would be in the medium range.

Dan0_123
02-15-2008, 12:00 AM
What kind of protein is in a turducken?

Chris A
02-15-2008, 12:01 AM
No casein and whey are both dairy protiens. Soy protien comes from soy beans, nuts don't have soy protien unless it's a soy nut, which i've never come accross. Eggs have egg protien, and so on and so forth.

Well i meant like cashews and almonds.. i dunno if they're considered nuts but they have soy dont they?

Ahh i didnt know eggs and steak and **** all just had their own protein... interesting. How come no supplement protein powders come from them? Well there is egg protein powders i guess but theres no tuna/fish, beef/meat protein powders that i know of...why? Too hard to extract?

baby matty
02-15-2008, 12:05 AM
i would guess meat is a one of the slowest proteins based on surface area in your stomach and GI

xtreme261
02-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Well soy protien comes from the soy bean so cashews and almonds couldn't have soy protien. It would be cool if the could extract meat protien, and they probably can, but I have never seen it.

Chris A
02-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Well soy protien comes from the soy bean so cashews and almonds couldn't have soy protien. It would be cool if the could extract meat protien, and they probably can, but I have never seen it.

i see... thx repped for your prompt answers

xtreme261
02-15-2008, 12:14 AM
No problem thnx.

RkdGr
02-27-2008, 12:39 PM
But the question was not answered, was it? What kind of prrotein is in Almonds for exmaple? Milk has casein and whey. Soy, has hmm soy. And Almonds have ... what?

SheWulf
02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ever seen animal protein powder? Not animal as in it's made my universal, animal as in those cute fuzzy creatures we eat to build the musclez.
I mean, i'm sure it is tasteless, or atleast tastes nothing like meat, but the thought of it would make me wanna gag.

All_Swoled_Up
02-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Protein is Protein is Protein and only really varies based on its biological value and amino acid profile (completeness). The names; "Whey", "Casein", "Soy", "Egg" etc. are more just an indication of the source of that protein. Check out Big Cat's article on protein here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catprot.htm

It may help clarify things for you.

TonyMuscoli
02-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Well i meant like cashews and almonds.. i dunno if they're considered nuts but they have soy dont they?

Ahh i didnt know eggs and steak and **** all just had their own protein... interesting. How come no supplement protein powders come from them? Well there is egg protein powders i guess but theres no tuna/fish, beef/meat protein powders that i know of...why? Too hard to extract?

I assume it is because nobody would want to buy Meat Protein Powder?

I mean, "Muscle Tech's Cookies 'N Cream Flavored Steak Protein Powder" sounds delicious and all... but something about Meat Protein Powder just sounds ridiculous

VincentiT
02-20-2011, 06:53 AM
^^MuscleMeds (Kai Greene's sponsor) has a product called Carnivor, which uses "bioengineered beef protein isolate" I've heard it tastes pretty good.. of course it's fruit punch flavored and not beef flavored

tylerford07
06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
the good kind.

AlwaysTryin
06-07-2012, 06:53 PM
the good kind.

You bumped a 4 year old thread for that?

Chris A
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
strong bump

MikeK46
06-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Since the thread is already bumped....

^^MuscleMeds (Kai Greene's sponsor) has a product called Carnivor, which uses "bioengineered beef protein isolate" I've heard it tastes pretty good.. of course it's fruit punch flavored and not beef flavored

Why must protein powder always be sweet? MuscleMeds should make a beef flavored protein. It would be great mixed into mashed potatoes. ProPotatoes.

MiscDemeanor
06-07-2012, 09:57 PM
You bumped a 4 year old thread for that?

Reds gonna red

Cohaku
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Since the thread is already bumped....

Why must protein powder always be sweet? MuscleMeds should make a beef flavored protein. It would be great mixed into mashed potatoes. ProPotatoes.

I agree that savory flavours would be brilliant for protein powders.

I actually made a pasta sauce using whey once. It was strawberry, so I mixed it with cottage cheese and applesauce. Sounds gross, I know, but when it was all mixed together it was amazing! If there was a beef or BBQ, or etc. flavour whey, It would really work to supplement existing meals, rather than just being mixed with water or milk to be a sweet drink.

AlwaysTryin
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Reds gonna red

Red wasn't red but ;)

MiscDemeanor
06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Red wasn't red but ;)

LMAO I'm on recharge sir and I got you in the morning! Hahaha

Barshan7A
03-07-2019, 11:11 PM
What kind of protein is in chicken ?

liza32
03-08-2019, 01:45 AM
chicken is high protein and all other meat contain high amount of fibre, protein which is essential for body, always use low fat oil to cook meat.