PDA

View Full Version : Building Mass then getting Ripped.

DWalk
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I have been adding mass for sometime now. I wanna start competing in a couple years. My question is how will I know when to switch from adding mass to start getting shredded, cut, ripped etc....

When should I change my workout from building mass to getting cut, ripped etc....?

Thanks
Dan aka Dwalk

Ski
03-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Let the mirror be your guide!!

It`s not the training that need to be changed so much,but the diet is altered drastically.

Good luck!

kimsquit
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I have been adding mass for sometime now. I wanna start competing in a couple years. My question is how will I know when to switch from adding mass to start getting shredded, cut, ripped etc....

When should I change my workout from building mass to getting cut, ripped etc....?

Most competitors begin a minimum of 8 weeks out...but that depends on your bodyfat, metabolism and self-discipline. On average, I think that most people begin dieting 10-12 weeks out. A search through the The Contest Preparation forum would offer lots of advice on this.

:)

T.C.
03-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I would think that time comes when you can look at youself in the mirror and honestly feel that once the fat comes off, that you will have enough mass to compete.. Also compare measurements with others that are competing.
I am exagerating quite a bit here, but if you a 6 ft. tall and your arms measure 14 inches with a chest measurement of 38 and a 32 inch waist, it is not time!

DWalk
03-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks to all that replied to my post. It is always great to get advice from others. I appreciate it.

-DWalk