PDA

View Full Version : Gaining MASS ? <-What do you guys eat for morning,lunch and dinner? (recipe question)

ed22
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Ok well i got back into working out, strength isnt much of an issue for me that comes quick and easy. Now i do have a nice chest and bicep size and it grows nicely with work. Anycase last time i worked out i ate about 4-6 times a day and grew but im bored of what im eating.

My questions is, what do you guys eat for breakfast lunch and dinner or snacks? Im just looking to add some diversity and flavour to my meal line up. So just curious as to what you guys eat when LOOKING TO GAIN MASS.

And dont ask what im eating now or to post it up cuz right now im just eating to eat,you know making sure i eat every 3 hours or so from 9am-12am, discipline kinda stuff (no mcdonalds or bad fats or candy and stuff)

any food mentions, recipes or suggestions would be great!

thanx!

mudzereli
03-09-2006, 04:35 AM
I used to "clean" bulk, but i found it damn near impossible to get 4400 calories a day from clean food, it just keeps you full too long.

Currently I eat a lot of:
Hamburger Helper
Tuna Helper
Pre-Grilled Chicken Strips
Instant Flavored Pasta/Rice -Mix with Pre-Grilled Chicken Strips
Easy Mac w/ Tuna
Manwich
Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Quesadillas w/ Extra Chicken from Taco Bell
Double Quarter Pounders w/ Cheese from Mcdonalds

Today I ate:
4 scoops Cytogainer in 16 oz Skim Milk
--workout--
2 scoops Cytogainer, 1 scoop ON Whey, 40 sweet tarts (this gives you ~ 35g Dextrose, 45 g Maltodextrin, 48 g Protein)
Chicken Quesadilla Extra Chicken
Double QP with Cheese
Ham n Cheese Sandwich from vending machine at work
Double QP with Cheese
1 cup yogurt/1 cup cottage cheese/1 tbsp flax

AWPinFLA
03-09-2006, 04:40 AM
Im allergic to wheat and dairy so that limits me but heres what I will eat (not all at once)

Oats
Low Fat Soy Milk.
Soy Protien Isolate (for PWO shakes etc)
Liquid Egg Whites
Eggs
Honey
Nat. PB
99% or 100% fat free skinless chicken breast (by the ton)
Tuna
Salmon
Cod
Haddock
Catfish
Shrimp
Lean steak
Turkey Breast
More Oats
96% lean beef (made into curries or chilli)
Beans
Salads
Tons of veggies
Bananas
Peaches
Berries (all sorts)
Potatos
Even More Oats

I normally cook the meats in olive oil and various herbs and spices for flavors and make low fat marinades for stuff as well to add variety.

AWPinFLA
03-09-2006, 04:42 AM
I used to "clean" bulk, but i found it damn near impossible to get 4400 calories a day from clean food, it just keeps you full too long.

Hamburger Helper
Tuna Helper
Easy Mac w/ Tuna
Manwich
Chicken Nuggets

Today I ate:
--workout--
2 scoops Cytogainer, 1 scoop ON Whey, 40 sweet tarts (this gives you ~ 35g Dextrose, 45 g Maltodextrin, 48 g Protein)
Double QP with Cheese
Double QP with Cheese

Wow. That diet'll kill ya.

mudzereli
03-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Wow. That diet'll kill ya.
billions of people eat this crap every day with 0 exercise, and it hasnt killed them.

i'll tell you what'll kill you, missing workouts because youre too busy discussing the GI of oats on the forums.

maffie2
03-09-2006, 04:43 AM
read this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8571622&postcount=2

AWPinFLA
03-09-2006, 05:01 AM
billions of people eat this crap every day with 0 exercise, and it hasnt killed them.

i'll tell you what'll kill you, missing workouts because youre too busy discussing the GI of oats on the forums.

You think? My wife is a cardiac nurse and I work in a similar field. Its not the fat you can see on the outside that kills you its the **** clogging your arteries up that you cant see that will kill you. Thats why we are so busy at work all the time trying to fix all the slobs that have destroyed their coronary arteries with a life eating junk.

And I dont miss workouts thanks.

mudzereli
03-09-2006, 05:03 AM
strike a nerve?

AWPinFLA
03-09-2006, 05:05 AM
strike a nerve?

Not really. Its your heart and life why do you think I should care? Keep up the good work and you'll be on a slab in no time so enjoy it while you can.

mudzereli
03-09-2006, 05:08 AM
thanks, i will

life's short, I plan on enjoying it.

good luck, hope you live forever

AWPinFLA
03-09-2006, 05:11 AM
thanks, i will

Good for you. But dont you think advising other people to eat a pile of fat laden junk food on a bodybuilding forum is out of order? Well, I guess you dont.

I dont plan on trying to live forever but equally I intend to try to have at least a reasonable quality of life for as long as possible and not end up like one of the fat ass blobs I see every day that cant even get in or out of bed on their own at 50 years old because of congestive cardiac failure caused by a life of lining their arteries with crap

Im guessing you are not a day over 21....young, invincible and old age is for other people

batista_029
03-09-2006, 06:39 AM

Hamburger Helper
Tuna Helper
Easy Mac w/ Tuna
Manwich
Chicken Nuggets

Today I ate:
--workout--
Double QP with Cheese
Double QP with Cheese

Clean your diet up bro to maximize your gains. You won't gain lean muscle eating that crap every day.

soccer26
03-09-2006, 06:49 AM
awpinfla is 100% correct the other guy has no clue what the hell he's talking about. Diet is more important than workouts no matter how you look at it. Do you wanna become big just to make yourself unhealthy?? Sat fat clogs arteries thats fact so iif you wanna bulk eat lean things like chicken, tuna, turkey, egg whites, even lean sirloin once in a while. Just eat.

soccer26
03-09-2006, 06:50 AM
by the way mudzereli metabolism eventually slows down and the fat you're taking in will also eventually show

mudzereli
03-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I knew I was going to get flamed for this thread.. Sure it's unhealthy, but you will gain mass eating that stuff. Unless of course McDonalds, as people seem to think here, works completely different than other blends of protein/carbs/fats and just magically turns all of these into bodyfat. In terms of gaining mass, it's better to eat a caloric excess of junk food in the right macros than not enough clean food.

grapemaster
03-09-2006, 07:28 PM
depends what your idea of gaining mass is

also as for getting full, if you are getting too full try to get more of your intake from liquid foods and more calorie dense foods, more flax here and there, more nuts, lean beef, oats, etc. although i'm not even close to 4400 cal, around 3000 tops, how much do u weigh??

soccer26
03-10-2006, 06:57 AM
I knew I was going to get flamed for this thread.. Sure it's unhealthy, but you will gain mass eating that stuff. Unless of course McDonalds, as people seem to think here, works completely different than other blends of protein/carbs/fats and just magically turns all of these into bodyfat. In terms of gaining mass, it's better to eat a caloric excess of junk food in the right macros than not enough clean food.

a lot with a ton of fat and clogged arteries haha. Sorry thats just not the way to go. Just eat right and you won't have to eat at mcdonalds and kill yourself at an early age. You're right though it works the same as any other food but also had a TON of sat fats! You can't ignore that. Sorry I'd rather stay my size than eat a diet based on fast food.

tjaisv
03-10-2006, 09:49 AM

Hamburger Helper
Tuna Helper
Easy Mac w/ Tuna
Manwich
Chicken Nuggets

Today I ate:
--workout--
Double QP with Cheese
Double QP with Cheese

lol they say ur gonna get clogged and die :)

landaishan
03-10-2006, 10:01 PM

Hamburger Helper
Tuna Helper
Easy Mac w/ Tuna
Manwich
Chicken Nuggets

Today I ate:
--workout--
Double QP with Cheese
Double QP with Cheese

^^^^

LOL @ MANWICH!

grapemaster
03-10-2006, 10:11 PM
if your gonna dirty bulk eat something tasty, imo manwich is pretty nasty lol... if i was dirty bulking it would be chinese buffet in the day (5 bucks all u can eat) and some pizza at night, then salami and other hard meats and cheese throughout the day for my protein reqs. :) his diet is kina half clean/ half dirty, might as well eat all dirty! haha

such a loser yo
03-10-2006, 10:16 PM
^^^^

LOL @ MANWICH!

hahahahahaha

AWPinFLA
03-11-2006, 05:43 AM
hahahahahaha

Now this is a real ManWich :) :

http://myhighhorse.com/

(Of course I wouldnt actually suggest anyone serioulsy use this for bulking)

TheHooligan
03-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Lmfao!!!!!!!! Manwich Lolololol!!!!!!!!!

40 Watta
03-11-2006, 04:45 PM
it depends on the person and how they break down the food. My friend used to be a personal trainer and when he would bulk, hed go eat plate after plate at cheap chinese takeouts, 10-15 tacos, 4-5 burgers at jack in the box. He never really got fat, but got ripped and huge.

soccer26
03-17-2006, 09:16 AM
it depends on the person and how they break down the food. My friend used to be a personal trainer and when he would bulk, hed go eat plate after plate at cheap chinese takeouts, 10-15 tacos, 4-5 burgers at jack in the box. He never really got fat, but got ripped and huge.

I'd be more worried about whats inside of him not the outside. Have you heard of clogged arteries?

soccer26
03-17-2006, 09:17 AM
whats the sense in lifting if you're going be more unhealthy on the inside where it really matters?

linux/joe
03-17-2006, 02:50 PM
You are 100% correct.

These kids need to get a grip on reality.

I use to try the same thing when I was in the military. Run down to wendys, or BK, or MC'D's , because I already knew it would make me gain weight, because I have two eyes, go to walmart, and see all the fat people.

But what I didnt take into consideration, was the fact of Tran and Sat fat, and the damage it does to your arteries.

I did a little test for 30 days.

I ate fast food 3 times a day, all types of burgers, and brands.

At the end of the month, I had gained 13lbs , and it was all mostly junk, as I was lifting at the same time, and my gains almost stopped.

When I went to the Dr for my routine checkup a month after that, I was informed my blood pressure was thru the roof, and my colesterol levels were way above normal for someone my age.

One of the reasons I got pounding headaches was because of the clogged **** I had started getting from all the crap ive ate since I was a kid.

Changed back to my normal diet , and in a couple more months, all levels back to normal.

So mudzereli (or should we start calling you Putzereli) , You go ahead and keep eating your junk, and we will see you in ER by the time your 35, from congestive heart failure.

Even if your big with muscles, youll still be on the table , because you cant make your arteries bulk with your muscles :)

Its one thing to eat ****, maybe it works for you, but to come here, and tell someone else its ok to eat the same garbage you do, is retarted.

Not only are you hindering thier ability to reach full potential , your information is the same reason we have jack-ass's in america breeding children that are 5 yrs old and 130lbs.
(See Pics Below)

Its because of people like you, passing on information like that, that have made america the fattest nation in the world.

Congrats , you just got the ****ing Retard Award

soccer26
03-18-2006, 02:45 PM
well put. Now I hope no one listens to putzerelli haha. Great post linux. There's the facts!

Adam444
03-18-2006, 05:43 PM
The argument will never end...

Answer is, do whatever works for YOU. Yes, eating "clean" will make you healthy but if you are hitting every goal, keep doing what you're doing.

If this guy works out 5 times a week and eats a burger a day, I don't think he'll die of a heart attack.

Best quote: "Nothing tastes better than being lean"

soccer26
03-18-2006, 06:59 PM
sorry adam but your post makes no sense. You act like he's eating some occasional bad meals. Thats the total opposite go look at what he eats its ridiculous. Also, you are wrong about doing what works best for you because sat and trans fats are terrible for everyone. Just because you look good on the outside does not mean you aren't terrible in the inside from all that sat fats.