PDA

View Full Version : animal pak not safe???

mdog
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
on the label of animal pak, it says not recommended for those under 18. would it still be safe 2 take.. im nearly 17... cuz its an important supp in bodybuilding and i feel that i need it cuz its hard gettin those out of just your diet. ne comments wud be appreciated. mdog

LiFtHaTiRoN
03-08-2006, 09:28 PM
on the label of animal pak, it says not recommended for those under 18. would it still be safe 2 take.. im nearly 17... cuz its an important supp in bodybuilding and i feel that i need it cuz its hard gettin those out of just your diet. ne comments wud be appreciated. mdog

You are completely safe, most caffiene drinks say not for children under the age of 18, its just a safety thing, animal pack is nothing but vitamins. Althoug I have never looked at the label, I have read ads. I am almost 100% sure that you will be perfectly fine. Whats in the powder?

AnaerobicAndrew
03-08-2006, 09:30 PM
You CAN overdose on vitamins, but its very unlikey and tough to do, and APK wont make you OD.

You dont need APK. There are plenty of other good multis that are cheaper and more cost effective IMO.

beto_man8
03-08-2006, 09:35 PM
word of truth..

DO NOT OVERDOSE VITAMINS OR MINERALS...

trust me ;) i learned the hard way...

ausjimbo
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
^^Hate it when people say things like that, tell us what happened?

draco823
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
animal pack has over 5000% of certain vitamin and minerals. Frankly I think it to be a little much for anyone. I say stick with a good normal athlete multi vitamin and you should be fine.

Also keep in mind a serving of animal pak is 2 paks. Just take 1 pak and your still getting wayyyy over 200% of every vit and min.

beto_man8
03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
^^Hate it when people say things like that, tell us what happened?

responding to you...back in my days of noobness...i though "hey, more vitamins, more muscle!"

i ended up double, or even triple dosing on multivitamins. I got piss in a yellow i never thought it existed, some kind of Neon-fluorecent yellow. and i felt bad for like 2 days, i felt like **** and got some bad stomach aches.

next week, i dosed down... now im ok....

:D

MrMoonsault
03-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Ahh yes...highlighter green piss...good times....good times...I remember the first time I went to the bathroom and saw that...I was laughing hysterically with my dick in my hand...good times...good times indeed...

The Brotherhood
03-08-2006, 10:37 PM
the "not for under 18 years of age" is just a way of protecting themselves.

Creatine, ZMA< Whey, Animal Pak, NO2, all are safe for teens. The reasons they say they are unsafe is twofold: 1, teen psychology is such that most teens will buy it anyway (or often even buy JUST because they think they are buying some hardcore product thats not for kids).

And more importantly, 2: because teens are still kids, and most tend to do stupid things. It would be very likeley for a teen to overdose suplements in hopes of becoming godzilla overnight, and the company would get sued. To protect themselves from this they say its not for under 18, so that they cant be/ or will be spared by court because the bottle SAYS not recommended for under 18, and if somne went and overdosed it inspite of that its none of their business.

SPAM
03-08-2006, 11:36 PM
all supplements say that....its just so the companies can keep from getting sued if something does go wrong, as can with anything.

ive always wanted to try animal pak though...

Avila
03-09-2006, 12:07 AM
the "not for under 18 years of age" is just a way of protecting themselves.

Creatine, ZMA< Whey, Animal Pak, NO2, all are safe for teens. The reasons they say they are unsafe is twofold: 1, teen psychology is such that most teens will buy it anyway (or often even buy JUST because they think they are buying some hardcore product thats not for kids).

And more importantly, 2: because teens are still kids, and most tend to do stupid things. It would be very likeley for a teen to overdose suplements in hopes of becoming godzilla overnight, and the company would get sued. To protect themselves from this they say its not for under 18, so that they cant be/ or will be spared by court because the bottle SAYS not recommended for under 18, and if somne went and overdosed it inspite of that its none of their business.

well said

Matt5387
03-09-2006, 07:39 AM
I was taught that you cant overdose on multi-vitamins, hence your piss being yellow because your body just gets rid of all the vitamins and minerals that it does not need. The only thing that is bad in having in excess is iron and that is only for teens and kids.

Blap Blaow
03-09-2006, 07:53 AM
I was taught that you cant overdose on multi-vitamins, hence your piss being yellow because your body just gets rid of all the vitamins and minerals that it does not need. The only thing that is bad in having in excess is iron and that is only for teens and kids.
you piss out water soluable vitamins, fat soluable vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K ) can build up in the body.