PDA

View Full Version : Senator says Patriots' have been taping defensive signals since 2000

KingCanuck
02-13-2008, 08:47 PM
:eek:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sen. Arlen Specter said on Wednesday that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told him that the New England Patriots had been spying on rival teams since 2000 when Bill Belichick took over as head coach.

Specter said he discussed the scandal involving the illegal videotaping of rival sideline signals and other issues with Goodell at a meeting that lasted nearly two hours.

After the meeting Specter told reporters he learned "that the Patriots have taped since the year 2000 when coach Belichick took over."

"There's no doubt it had an impact on the games," Specter added. "It is hard to tell what games were involved with the destruction of the notes and the tapes.

"No really valid reason was given for the destruction of the notes and the tapes."

The Pennsylvania Republican called the meeting to find out why the NFL had the Patriots' six videotapes destroyed.

Specter questioned whether the Patriots' 24-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2005 Super Bowl was achieved fairly. The Eagles play in Specter's home state of Pennsylvania.

Goodell told a news conference two weeks ago that after he punished the Patriots for the spying that there was nothing to be gained by keeping the tapes. He said the tapes were mostly from the 2006 regular season and 2007 preseason.

After the NFL confiscated the tapes, Goodell fined the Patriots $250,000 and forced them to forfeit a first-round draft pick. Belichick was fined $500,000 for his role in the scandal.

(Writing by Donna Smith; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSN1228761220080214?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews

GoldBlue
02-13-2008, 08:50 PM
You know what also sucks for Pats....

18-1. (yes yovy)

KingCanuck
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
You know what also sucks for Pats....

18-1. (yes yovy)

So, I guess all the Superbowls are now officialy tainted.

GoldBlue
02-13-2008, 09:01 PM
So, I guess all the Superbowls are now officialy tainted.

I hate to drag the NFL in the mud like baseball is but yep.

Patriots Dynasty*

KingCanuck
02-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I hate to drag the NFL in the mud like baseball is but yep.

Patriots Dynasty*

Agreed.
18-1*

robogain
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
take the trophys away already , those superbowls never happen

just leave gaps

Negatron617
02-13-2008, 09:22 PM
hell yeah
yall just found out now?

Crest_Man
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
hell yeah
yall just found out now?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/eli_drunk.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/C_6_cooper5_200388_1107.jpg

KingCanuck
02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/eli_drunk.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Crestor11/C_6_cooper5_200388_1107.jpg

Cooper Manning FTW

Crest_Man
02-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Cooper Manning FTW

he looks like a baller in that pic

KingCanuck
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
he looks like a baller in that pic

Hes probably ballin right now, living off his brothers' money.

joeflex73
02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Anyone who thought 2007 opening day was the first time had their head up their ass.

BigDreams21
02-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Anyone who thought 2007 opening day was the first time had their head up their ass.
Yep, I've been saying it all along. All of their Super Bowl trophies are tainted.

NYY
02-14-2008, 04:37 AM
*Gets out popcorn*

This is getting very interesting.

Drew23
02-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Hes probably ballin right now, living off his brothers' money.

I think he makes plenty of money as a stockbroker.

Cramerica
02-14-2008, 06:07 AM
So what does this mean?

It sounds to me like Specter just assumes or thinks the Pats are guilty, but has no hard evidence.

It seems to me without real testimony or hard evidence, there is no way of proving anything.

18-1

Carpathia
02-14-2008, 06:29 AM
i hate the pats as much as the next guy, but seriously why in the fu#k are senators getting involved in things like this?
try running the country and leaving sports related matters alone. they arent qualified nor is it any of their business

manofmany
02-14-2008, 06:32 AM
i hate the pats as much as the next guy, but seriously why in the fu#k are senators getting involved in things like this?
try running the country and leaving sports related matters alone. they arent qualified nor is it any of their business

While I agree that they shouldn't be involved, there is a difference between a player using steroids and a team knowing what the other team is going to do. I think it officially taints the Patriots past superbowls.

jshacker2
02-14-2008, 06:34 AM
I believe ESPN reported the guy who worked for the Pats had proof of the team videotaping the Rams final warmup practice b4 the superbowl!!!

tommy240_old
02-14-2008, 06:34 AM
18-1

pantera02018
02-14-2008, 06:39 AM
first of all, why the **** is my tax money used on this crap? and what does teh nfl and baseball have to do with running this country?

second of all, its foolish to think that the pats are the only team bending the rules.

Cramerica
02-14-2008, 06:43 AM

Technically, it is the federal government's business.

It's a little diluted, but the government can and will intervene due to many stadiums being partially funded by government funds, public airways, television airways, and radio airways (all affected by the gov't).

When a team cheats, all of this is affected.

Especially when it comes to matters of cheating, the government has every good reason to investigate, no less than it would peer into possible improprieties in other institutions.

They also (and rightfully so) investigate into situations where older players may be not compensated rightfully regarding retirement pay.

Cramerica
02-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Additionally, in America, sports are involved everyday in our lives as well as our children's lives. If someone doesn't step in, when would it end? It compromises integrity.

Also, Congress is going after a multi-billion dollar business for corruption, drug abuse, and scandals. I personally think this should be left to the courts and not Congress.

dizi24
02-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Technically, it is the federal government's business.

It's a little diluted, but the government can and will intervene due to many stadiums being partially funded by government funds, public airways, television airways, and radio airways (all affected by the gov't).

When a team cheats, all of this is affected.

Especially when it comes to matters of cheating, the government has every good reason to investigate, no less than it would peer into possible improprieties in other institutions.

They also (and rightfully so) investigate into situations where older players may be not compensated rightfully regarding retirement pay.

It is in their rights. However, don't you think this is a little ridiculous. Don't you think?

And just for fun:

Roger Goodell yesterday:

Was there any indication that the confiscated tapes may have benefited the Patriots in any of the Super Bowl victories that they had?

"No, there was no indication that it benefited them in any of the Super Bowl victories. I think I've said before and I've repeated here, I'm not sure that there is a coach in the league that doesn't expect that their signals are being intercepted by opposing teams. That's why they go to great lengths. I think it was coach (Bill) Parcells earlier this season who said, 'Any coach that doesn't expect his signals to be stolen is stupid.' It's pretty simple but teams understand that it's a risk and they prepare for that. I don't believe it affected the outcome of any games."

Jimmy Johnson

?The only thing I can say is so many people made such a big to-do about it, and everybody ? and I mean everybody ? went to the edge on rules in one form or fashion. That?s just part of the game, that?s stealing the signals in baseball. This stuff has been going on for so long. When I came into the NFL, back in ?89, I talked to a Kansas City scout and he said here?s what we do ?we videotape the opposing team?s signals and then we synch it up with the game film.? So I did it.

?I know when I went to the Dolphins and they talked about how you?re supposed to have a 15-second cutoff [in communication] to your quarterback, but here is what we do [to circumvent that],? Johnson said. ?They said they?ve always done this. So I said, OK let?s go ahead and do it. Then the league said ?hey, we hear you?re doing that, so don?t do it any more.?

?The point I?m making ? I?m not trying to say everybody is cheaters ? is that you have a rulebook that is so thick and you say ?how far can you go without breaking the rules.? ? When I coached the Cowboys, we didn?t have this kind of scrutiny. We didn?t have this kind of visibility. Thirty years ago, they really didn?t have this kind of scrutiny. But now, the scrutiny, every little thing we do ? that?s why I said the media blew it so far out of proportion.

?Would the commissioner have fined them and taken a draft pick if it had been the Arizona Cardinals? There is a lot of jealousy in this league. The high profile, it?s almost making statement that ?I?ve got to do it because of who it is.? I know Bill Belichick very well, I know how he loves the NFL, he loves the history of the NFL, he loves the integrity of the NFL, that?s why it irritates me that anyone would ever question that.?

Sallsbury

"If government is going to get involved in the spygate investigation, then it has to be an umbrella investigation. Just like the Mitchell Report didn't go after one single steroid user, don't just go after the Patriots. There are 31 other teams that should be investigated and I guarantee you that some of them have been violating the same rules."

Cramerica
02-14-2008, 07:09 AM
"If government is going to get involved in the spygate investigation, then it has to be an umbrella investigation. Just like the Mitchell Report didn't go after one single steroid user, don't just go after the Patriots. There are 31 other teams that should be investigated and I guarantee you that some of them have been violating the same rules."

Maybe.

But why not start with the team that does it the most and the most obvious?

dizi24
02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Maybe.

But why not start with the team that does it the most and the most obvious?

This isn't starting with the team that got caught. This is starting AND ending with the team that got caught. And if you're curious why, read the end of what Jimmy Johnson said.

As for being the most obvious, the NFL never had much of a problem with the Dolphins buying sideline tape to figure out Brady's audibles. To each his own I guess

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 07:24 AM

Bro... Do you know how old Arlen Specter is?

No one is sure when he was first elected to the senate because keeping track of time hadn't been invented yet!

I'd rather have him doinking around with professional sports, telling Roger Goodell "You kids and your angry music better buckle down and score some touchdowns." Than involved in setting the foundations for the American Government in the 21st century.

KingCanuck
02-14-2008, 08:53 AM
While I agree that they shouldn't be involved, there is a difference between a player using steroids and a team knowing what the other team is going to do. I think it officially taints the Patriots past superbowls.

x2.

b3rtstare
02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
It is in their rights. However, don't you think this is a little ridiculous. Don't you think?

And just for fun:

Roger Goodell yesterday:

Jimmy Johnson

Sallsbury

x2

Thank you for posting that. There is no way in hell that the pats superbowls are tainted. If you go after the pats you have to go after the other 31 teams in the nfl. EVERYBODY HAS STOLEN SIGNALS, Jimmy admitted it in the above quote. This continuing contraversy is stupid and needs to go away.

Jimmy said it perfectly, If this had been the arizona cardinals, would they have recieved the harsh punishment that the pats recieved. Its due mostly to the fact that everybody is hatin. They want to see the pats dynasty destroyed.

Clide Whit
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8012/donovanandtombrady0405og5.jpg

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 10:31 AM
x2

Thank you for posting that. There is no way in hell that the pats superbowls are tainted. If you go after the pats you have to go after the other 31 teams in the nfl. EVERYBODY HAS STOLEN SIGNALS, Jimmy admitted it in the above quote. This continuing contraversy is stupid and needs to go away.

Jimmy said it perfectly, If this had been the arizona cardinals, would they have recieved the harsh punishment that the pats recieved. Its due mostly to the fact that everybody is hatin. They want to see the pats dynasty destroyed.

This is a little bit different...

"Stealing Signals" in-game, watching from across the sideline while you're also calling plays for your team... Or running tape from your sideline, and having a dedicated guy who is watching to see if the other team forgets to cover up... Is one thing...

Buying tickets and positioning guys with camera's on the other team's side of the field... Where the coaches shouldn't have to cover up... Or worse... taking advantage of the fact that a team lets fans filter in early, during pre-game walk throughs, and taping their red zone walk throughs...

That's not part of the game... And that's not what Jimmy was referring to.

In fact by NFL rule the other team and employees of that team are not allowed on the field during the opponent's walk through, for this exact reason.

This happens before every game...

Yet the Pats knew this, and still taped the Ram's Walk through, by sending an associate employee out...

A team and a sideline have a certain right to trust that when they are in their area, they shouldn't have to hide under friggin' blankets to discuss their game plans... Or crinkle bags of chips to interfere with shot gun microphones.

That's certainly not in the spirit of the game... And it spits in the face of the men who established the league, and spent their entire careers trying to instill it with character, and honor.

AceRimRat
02-14-2008, 10:34 AM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1741/92905829mb5.jpg

PaHulkster
02-14-2008, 10:37 AM
As a taxpayer from Pennsylvania let me just say, WHY THE HELL IS ARLEN SPECTER WORRYING ABOUT THIS?

Clide Whit
02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
As a taxpayer from Pennsylvania let me just say, WHY THE HELL IS ARLEN SPECTER WORRYING ABOUT THIS?

Because he is still bitter about the Patriots denying the Eagles first superbowl title, especially with these cheating allegations.

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 11:15 AM

I keep wondering why you guys keep voting him into office, for the last century.

He's clearly lost touch with all reality...

He still pissed off an England for the wound he suffered in the war of 1812.

ElMariachi
02-14-2008, 11:28 AM

There is a huge difference in that NFL Teams are often publicy funded...stadiums...etc, plus they have a Congressionally-backed anti-trust agreement, so Congress does hold some jurisdiction over the league and its actions.

kethnaab
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Steroids, spygate, Quinn calls gay people f@gg0ts...what next? Are we going to learn that Peyton Manning wears women's underwear?

ElMariachi
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I keep wondering why you guys keep voting him into office, for the last century.

He's clearly lost touch with all reality...

He still pissed off an England for the wound he suffered in the war of 1812.

Because Specter is an old-school Rockefeller Republican....in other words...a moderate Democrat, therefore he appeals to both the right and left wing, and plays them both equally.

ElMariachi
02-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Steroids, spygate, Quinn calls gay people f@gg0ts...what next? Are we going to learn that Peyton Manning wears women's underwear?

You watched "The Comebacks" didn't you?

dizi24
02-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Buying tickets and positioning guys with camera's on the other team's side of the field... Where the coaches shouldn't have to cover up... Or worse... taking advantage of the fact that a team lets fans filter in early, during pre-game walk throughs, and taping their red zone walk throughs...

That's not part of the game... And that's not what Jimmy was referring to.

In fact by NFL rule the other team and employees of that team are not allowed on the field during the opponent's walk through, for this exact reason.

This happens before every game...

Yet the Pats knew this, and still taped the Ram's Walk through, by sending an associate employee out...

Let's get something clear about this. There is a reason why you haven't heard a word from a major media source about this since the day before the Superbowl. the story was broken by an overzealous writer in Boston. It was an unknown source with tapes no one had ever seen. Sounds like great journalism?

Well it gets better. Because ESPN broke the story knowing there was no source behind it. The Globe wrote a story a few days saying there were no tapes, period.

Now, if ESPN cared about fixing their mistakes half as much as they did about breaking stories with no sources, they would have mentioned something about this. Instead, they blow over it like nothing happened.

So now we have people out there like you think this allegation is true. And the Patriots have never said anything about any allegations regarding the team. However, for this one, they come out and flat out said they were false, which should tell you something about this one.

Once again, there is no source, there is no tape, and the newspaper who published it has since admitted it.

But idiots keep mentioning it like its fact.

dizi24
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Sports aren't about sports anymore. Check out the front page of ESPN. It's dominated by spygate, stories about refs throwing games, baseball players who have used steroids. ESPN and the people reporting sports have turned sports into an institution instead of just sports. It really disgusts me.

AJV31
02-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Let's get something clear about this. There is a reason why you haven't heard a word from a major media source about this since the day before the Superbowl. the story was broken by an overzealous writer in Boston. It was an unknown source with tapes no one had ever seen. Sounds like great journalism?

Well it gets better. Because ESPN broke the story knowing there was no source behind it. The Globe wrote a story a few days saying there were no tapes, period.

Now, if ESPN cared about fixing their mistakes half as much as they did about breaking stories with no sources, they would have mentioned something about this. Instead, they blow over it like nothing happened.

So now we have people out there like you think this allegation is true. And the Patriots have never said anything about any allegations regarding the team. However, for this one, they come out and flat out said they were false, which should tell you something about this one.

Once again, there is no source, there is no tape, and the newspaper who published it has since admitted it.

exactly what i thought when espn said the pats were the greatest team ever,and would go 19 0

dizi24
02-14-2008, 12:23 PM
exactly what i thought when espn said the pats were the greatest team ever,and would go 19 0

Sadly, I think the Pats thought that too.

kethnaab
02-14-2008, 12:31 PM
You watched "The Comebacks" didn't you?

no, actually I didn't.

Disenfranchised
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
They're cheaters, that's all there is to it.

But even going against cheaters the Broncos were able to knock them off their horse. LMAO!
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/DehydratedDylan/bowdown-1.jpg

kethnaab
02-14-2008, 12:36 PM

you are aware that the NFL commissioner just said that Belichick has been taping teams illegally since 2000, right?

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM

I understand that you're a Pats fan...

But denying the existence of the tape... Come on...

Roger Goodell himself admitted to order the tapes be destroyed... So if the tapes never existed, then we should probably get a comissioner who isn't dellusional.

I mean he fined the Pats, stripped their first round pick and fined Bellicheck himself, based on something that never existed at all?

And actually the way that I found about the whole Spygate thing (I was in Hawai'i at the time on my honeymoon) I turned on MSNBC and caught a story about it... While I was packing my day pack to go hike Mount Kiluea.

So that must mean that MSNBC is also dellusional...

And actually before the age of "Media Personalities" and "Shock Jocks" journalism used to be about reporting the story.

Football, up until recently has tried to stay out of the Hype and Lime Light... Trying not to get "Larger than Life."

Sadly now you've got Tony Romo barebacking Jessican Simpson in the ass in a Swimming Pool in Cancun, while Michael Vick Beats dogs to death, and Pacman Jones body slamming half wits off the top turn buckle...

Football is supposed to be about the game... The Sport... The Savage Ballet of competition...

It's supposed to be about going out there and playing your ass off... Out thinking the other coach... Not secret video tapes, not big talking media personalities offering it validty, and not arrogant coaches who think they're above the game.

If Vince Lombardi was alive he'd spit in Bill Bellicheck's face.

BigDreams21
02-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I understand that you're a Pats fan...

But denying the existence of the tape... Come on...

Roger Goodell himself admitted to order the tapes be destroyed... So if the tapes never existed, then we should probably get a comissioner who isn't dellusional.

I mean he fined the Pats, stripped their first round pick and fined Bellicheck himself, based on something that never existed at all?

And actually the way that I found about the whole Spygate thing (I was in Hawai'i at the time on my honeymoon) I turned on MSNBC and caught a story about it... While I was packing my day pack to go hike Mount Kiluea.

And actually before the age of "Media Personalities" and "Shock Jocks" journalism used to be about reporting the story.

Football, up until recently has tried to stay out of the Hype and Lime Light... Trying not to get "Larger than Life."

Sadly now you've got Tony Romo barebacking Jessican Simpson in the ass in a Swimming Pool in Cancun, while Michael Vick Beats dogs to death, and Pacman Jones body slamming half wits off the top turn buckle...

Football is supposed to be about the game... The Sport... The Savage Ballet of competition...

It's supposed to be about going out there and playing your ass off... Out thinking the other coach... Not secret video tapes, not big talking media personalities offering it validty, and not arrogant coaches who think they're above the game.

If Vince Lombardi was alive he'd spit in Bill Bellicheck's face.

you are aware that the NFL commissioner just said that Belichick has been taping teams illegally since 2000, right?

I wouldn't worry about him guise, hes unaware.

AceRimRat
02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about him guise, hes unaware.

Delusion

Something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated

B: a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the innerself that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

nuff said

Clide Whit
02-14-2008, 12:51 PM

lol that was like the first sentence of the OP's post.

kethnaab
02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
right, hence me not understanding this.

the NFL commissioner said there were tapes. What is it that I'm missing? make me aware.

b3rtstare
02-14-2008, 01:27 PM

Those are some true words.....IMO They are worse than Fox News. Im not talking about their reporting of spygate, but in general. I cant stand that Douchebag Olberman or Chris Matthews. They are worse than talking heads and make me vomit.

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Those are some true words.....IMO They are worse than Fox News. Im not talking about their reporting of spygate, but in general. I cant stand that Douchebag Olberman or Chris Matthews. They are worse than talking heads and make me vomit.

I probably shouldn't get started about my long winded oppinions about the over abundance of Media Personalities polluting our culture...

dizi24
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
right, hence me not understanding this.

the NFL commissioner said there were tapes. What is it that I'm missing? make me aware.

My post was in direct reference to the comment that they taped the Rams walkthrough the day before the SB. I'm not denying they've been taping.

Since this thread is a little muddy, I'll explain exactly what I believe

-Bill Bellicheck has been taping games since 2000
-The Pats likely taped a few playoff games, including the Steelers in 2004
-The Pats never taped the Rams walkthrough (there is absolutely no evidence of this, and if you believe otherwise, find a reference to it that did not stem from Tomase, who has already been refuted by his newspaper)
-Videotaping is widespread around the NFL, I believe this from comments from Bill Parcels, Jimmy Johnson, Sean Sallsbury, John Clayton, and SI article that called it the most abused rule in the game, and commissioner Goodell
-Matt Walsch has absolutely nothing on the Pats, Goodell has offered indemnity for Walsch if the information he has is true, and Walsch still want come forward, hmm wonder why

If you disagree with any of these, feel free to argue

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
My post was in direct reference to the comment that they taped the Rams walkthrough the day before the SB. I'm not denying they've been taping.

I say that Bill Bellicheck should be kicked out of the league...

Michael Vick, and Pacman Jones were kicked out because their actions were deemed harmful to the game, and the integrity of the league... And while their actions are completely deplorable... What they did was outside the game in the stupidity of their own private lives...

Bellicheck damaged the integrity of the league IN-GAME... $500K is a slap on the wrist for him...

dizi24
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I say that Bill Bellicheck should be kicked out of the league...

Michael Vick, and Pacman Jones were kicked out because their actions were deemed harmful to the game, and the integrity of the league... And while their actions are completely deplorable... What they did was outside the game in the stupidity of their own private lives...

Bellicheck damaged the integrity of the league IN-GAME... $500K is a slap on the wrist for him...

Integrity of the game? Have you payed attention to football? There have been SB champions paying players under the table. I can find 4-5 quotes from people saying this is done everywhere in football (and not just random fans, but former coaches and anylists).

Football has been a dirty game with cheaters for a while

Nainoa
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Integrity of the game? Have you payed attention to football? There have been SB champions paying players under the table. I can find 4-5 quotes from people saying this is done everywhere in football (and not just random fans, but former coaches and anylists).

Once again... Those people are talking about stealing signals, with video equipment from across the field...

NOT from behind the opposing team's sideline... Or in the other team's walk through... All of which are prohibited by the rules.

dizi24
02-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Once again... Those people are talking about stealing signals, with video equipment from across the field...

NOT from behind the opposing team's sideline... Or in the other team's walk through... All of which are prohibited by the rules.

1. There is no evidence of taping walkthroughs. I challenge you to find any type of source on this that did not quote Tomase. I'll rep you if you find it. There is no source, no videos. Holley from the Globe aknowledged this.

2. Yes we are taping from their sideline. First of all, like I said, coaches and ESPN guys have admitted it's all over the NFL. And those who don't tape from the sidelines tape it from their media booth. Same thing only different

KingCanuck
02-14-2008, 02:56 PM

They did damage the integrity of the game, now everyone is going to be questioning all their Superbowl wins.

SMH

dizi24
02-14-2008, 03:19 PM
They did damage the integrity of the game, now everyone is going to be questioning all their Superbowl wins.

SMH

So what affect did the Broncos have on the integrity of the game when they cheated to win a SB, or their attempts to injure players with the chop block? Or the rampant use of steroids with the Steelers in the 70s? Or Shula's tampering before '72? And if you think all the dirty players like Romanowski (though I love him) didn't hurt the integrity of the game?

I'm not saying this is great for the game. But cheating has been a part of football just as much as tackling has been.

You're delusional.

KingCanuck
02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
So what affect did the Broncos have on the integrity of the game when they cheated to win a SB, or their attempts to injure players with the chop block? Or the rampant use of steroids with the Steelers in the 70s? And if you think all the dirty players like Romanowski (though I love him) didn't hurt the integrity of the game?

You're delusional.

Same thing.

dizi24
02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Same thing.

Ok, glad you agree. And I added an edit before you quoted me. Cheating and dirty play has long been a part of football