PDA

View Full Version : Fats

CodyH
02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
When is it best to consume fats? I've heard later in the day, but what if I want to have, say, a handful with my lunch. Is that fine? Also, is consuming fats pre-workout good or bad?

gunther44bd
02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
When is it best to consume fats? I've heard later in the day, but what if I want to have, say, a handful with my lunch. Is that fine? Also, is consuming fats pre-workout good or bad?

The only meals that I don't consume fats are pre-workout and post workout. Other than that, it is best to incorporate them throughout your other meals. There is nothing wrong with eating healty fats throughout the day.

user5145
02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Fats are good to consume pretty much at any time of the day, except post-workout.

There are people who say it is not good to eat fats pre-workout, but I am not one of those people. I eat them pre-workout, and I have seen great results, so I will continue to do so.

It is important to get some fats in your pre-bed meal too. It'll help keep you nourished throughout the night.

Dm84
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I try to eat fat at every meal except post workout, except I won't worry if I'm eating red meat post workout.

elyk
02-13-2008, 07:08 PM
why no fats post work out? doesnt fill your muscle stores and will be stored as fat?

Dm84
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
why no fats post work out? doesnt fill your muscle stores and will be stored as fat?Fat slows down the absorption of protein. Post workout, the goal is to flood the body with protein.