PDA

View Full Version : whole food protien suggestion please

knobcuff
03-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm in outside sales and always in my vehicle. I don't care for cottage cheese or tuna so, I need an easy to travel with protien during the day.

Can anyone suggest sometihing they have used that will supply 35-45g protien w/o having to heat it up etc.?

jacktheblack
03-08-2006, 07:29 AM
There are some canned chickens that travel as well as their tuna counterparts. I keep some beef jerky in my car, but you have to watch out for the additives and salt in those. If you can plan ahead stick a cooler in your car and put in some nice pre cooked chicken or turkey breast. If your on the run and have to go into a grocery store tyson makes pre cooked chicken and beef strips that you can munch on.

Mr. Someday
03-08-2006, 07:44 AM
There's these new inventions on the market called a "cooler"....check them out!:D

I am often on the road as well and I make all my meals ahead of time either the night before or in the morning before I leave. For protein, on medium and higher carb days I eat a lot of ff ground turkey (either make burgers out of them or scramble it with some Red Hot). I'll also utilize protein shakes in the offseason to keep my protein consumption high. On low carb days I eat alot of eye or top round steak. At night, I eat scrambled egg whites. Seeing as I hate fish and chix, that's pretty much it for me.

phikappa
03-08-2006, 08:00 AM
A big, fat PB&J sammich.

EricF14
03-08-2006, 08:24 AM
* Hard boiled eggs
* sandwitch meats (turkey, ham, chicken)
* cheese
* Tofu (or pre-cooked soy beans)
* beef jerky / turkey jerky

rpaul11
03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
cold chicken or turkey. Keep it in a small cooler.

MarkY
03-08-2006, 11:42 AM
When I first go to this board I could barely stand tuna and absolutely hated cottage cheese, yams, brocolli, and spinach. Now I eat cottage cheese every day and the rest of these foods several times a week.

Keep trying, if I learned to like them, I'll bet you can too.

hohandy
03-08-2006, 12:07 PM
You shouldn't eat too much of 'em, but bring along a jar of almonds and have a good handful (20-30 almonds) every day.

I also cook up multiple chicken breasts at a time and refrigerate. Buy one of those insulated lunch bags ($5 at CVS or Target) and bring along some chicken breasts wrapped in aluminum foil - they'll keep for several hours.

dapper
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I pack a cooler every day with 3 meals plus around80 oz of water in it plus I wtart out with another 33 oz bottle in the holder. So here we go.

I scramble up 4 eggs but I only use one yolk, I add 1/2 cup Bush's Dark Red Kidney Beans, and 2/3 cup mixed veggies. This meal is 307 calories, 32 carbs, 26 protein, and 6 fat grams. I also do the same thing excep I use 3 oz Laura's 96% fat free ground beef.

I scramble the eggs every night and put in a bowl with the other stuff. I make 2 lbs of the ground beef at a time and I dish it out every night. I am a service tech with a 200 mile radius around Knoxville TN and I just stop at mini markets/gas stations and use their microwaves. I ask and have never been told no.

I sometimes add that I am a diabetic with heart problems and that I can't buy anything in the store to eat it.

1devil
03-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Just throw several scoops of protein powder into a travel container ( I use one made by Rubbermaid). I also always have a jug of water and a shaker. Shakes are the quickest and easiest way to meet your protein needs.