PDA

View Full Version : how much protein?

austin82388
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
should i be taking in a day?
166 lbs
7.25% body fat
goal- build lean, cut muscle while gaining size, not trying to bloat up or anything.
ive been getting about 80-100ish a day, in pure whey protein.
is this enough? or more?

windsorjon
02-13-2008, 11:02 AM
if the rest of your diet is good then sure it is, but considering how dumb your post is im guessing it isnt so try this- 1g per pound of Lean Body Mass
2-3 g /lbs of LBM
.5-1 g / lbs of LBM

is a decent starter to your diet, but you will have to tweak it after you try it for a few months and see how you feel,sleep,gain on those ratios then change em.

good luck and god speed

austin82388
02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
if the rest of your diet is good then sure it is, but considering how dumb your post is im guessing it isnt so try this- 1g per pound of Lean Body Mass
2-3 g /lbs of LBM
.5-1 g / lbs of LBM

is a decent starter to your diet, but you will have to tweak it after you try it for a few months and see how you feel,sleep,gain on those ratios then change em.

good luck and god speed

whys my post dumb..?
i've heard that 1g per 1LB of body weight is the right thing to do, i've heard that 100g a day is good.. and ive heard that over a certain amount (like 150g) you'll be ****tin' bricks the rest of the day.
the rest of my diet is fine, i dont stuff my face with cake and HO-HO's lol.
i prefer to eat salads, chicken, etc...

JamaicaBrah
02-13-2008, 02:13 PM
1.5-2g per lb

sl4nd3r
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Now I see why people say use the search button. I've seen answers to this post at leat 5 times since I signed up, plus it's all over the main site if you read any articles.

So this will be my first post saying: USE THE GODDAMN SEARCH BUTTON

Sim882
02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Now I see why people say use the search button. I've seen answers to this post at leat 5 times since I signed up, plus it's all over the main site if you read any articles.

So this will be my first post saying: USE THE GODDAMN SEARCH BUTTON

I wish people said this more often - sick of the PB, cottage cheese, egg, oatmeal friends.

I can't believe how many people wonder "how do u cook oatmeal"; "how many eggs can I eat a day" "how much PB and cheese".

It gets ridiculous

NathanTurner
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Personally, I'd recommend 1g/lb body weight. That comes out to a fair amount of protein for most people... probably more than the body will actually need, in many cases. You won't have any gastrointestinal problems at 150g per day. I eat 220-240g protein per day with no problem, and I've gone as high as 300g. If I were you, I'd shoot for 170-200g per day with 20% of your daily calories coming from fats. The rest should be from complex carbohydrates.

Jeremy166
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
To be fair, the search button is not very efficient. I write in key terms and get a bunch of irrelevent threads. I've even searched for threads I made myself, using the complete name, and I coulnd't find it... Sometimes I have no choice but to ask in a new thread, if after the 10th page I can't find what I'm looking for...