PDA

View Full Version : Smoking?

FeaRiT08
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Just wonder what are the real effects of smoking cigs,drinking and bodybuilding? I've heard alot of true and untrue stuff, I'm just here to find the real answers, basically all I wanna know is how doe's smoking and/or drinking effect muscle growth?

RTW2
02-12-2008, 12:05 PM
personal exp.......
Crown and Diet coke on the weekends = slowed down weight loss but was still losing weight. Once i stoped drinking the weight came off faster again.

Smoking = Some will say it hurts your cardio, i use to smoke on the weekend when i would drink. Never hurt my cardio but then again i was only smoking 2 days a week.

Chin@man
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
My friend ( a girl ) eat only ICE CREAM and smoke cigs. (occasional cheat like a sandwichi or a nomal meal.)

She is very masculer and ripped.

Apparently she is doin fine... and not gainin fat at all.

Smokin must be keepin her sain

Duckenheimer
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
My friend ( a girl ) eat only ICE CREAM and smoke cigs. (occasional cheat like a sandwichi or a nomal meal.)

Genetics.

Sibrek
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM

LOL you are the best poster on this forum

Chin@man
02-12-2008, 11:38 PM
LOL you are the best poster on this forum

Thanx.

Smokin by the way,,, is very bad for your health...

Im so smart!!!!!!!!!!!

abudd2388i
02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanx.

Smokin by the way,,, is very bad for your health...

Im so smart!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard cigarettes sold in China aren't as bad as cigarettes sold over here in the U.S.? Something like United States cigarette companies add deadly carcinogens and the Chinese companies don't? Is this true???

qdiddy69
02-13-2008, 08:38 AM
the big thing out of those 2 that kills body builders is alchohol, espicially if ur cutting, a lil background on alchohol, it has 7 cal a g, a shot or drink is .5 oz so no doubt its calories ur taking that would have to take place of the usefull carbs or protiens u take in, plus alchol digestion takes priority over all so if u drink beer and eat chicken your protien will prolly be stored as fat and ur body will use the calories from your alchohol

RU4A69
02-13-2008, 08:39 AM
I heard cigarettes sold in China aren't as bad as cigarettes sold over here in the U.S.? Something like United States cigarette companies add deadly carcinogens and the Chinese companies don't? Is this true???

Hai,

No, it isn't true. Cigarettes are carcinogenic because they are SMOKED. When pure, unheated tobacco is analyzed, it is incredibly low in carcinogens (less than 2mg TSNA per gram in Swedish brands). Unfortunately, most smokeless tobacco in the US is heated as part of the processing-as it keeps it fresh longer this way.
Anything you smoke produces carcinogenic combustion byproducts.

nakedsnake
02-13-2008, 10:52 AM
in moderation in won't hurt you. if you go out like some dudes and just get blasted drunk, or smoke 2 packs a day, you'll have problems with taking in too many calories and it will have an affect on your health. personally never noticed any harmful affects when i smoked, i just wasnt as hungry thoughout the day and having a cig kinda made me a bit tired.

JaCulop
02-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I have a friend who smokes cigarettes and weed. When we do cardio I always whoop his ass in it. He always hates doing it because he can't last as long. Also it's cool if you want your lungs to end up like this.

mike0093_OLDONE
02-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Quit smoking.

abudd2388i
02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Quit smoking.

I wish it was that simple.

:/

Chin@man
02-16-2008, 09:40 AM

I actually asked the owner of the cig store if its true and ..........

this is what he said.

" Yeah Baby Yeah !!!!!!! "

joe48083
02-16-2008, 09:53 AM
As far as muscle grow/fat loss goes, its going to hinder both of those. You are taking in 2 toxins. If serious about BB then you should quit them both, or at minimum drink liquor instead of beer, and in moderation (like once every two weeks?). You are only 19 though and unless you plan on going pro in BB'ing I would say enjoy your youth. I still say do it in moderation but when you go out with your friends dont hate yourself for having a drink or two, enjoy it. Your only here once so live it up, but take care of yourself in the process. Goodluck

Chin@man
02-16-2008, 09:58 AM
As far as muscle grow/fat loss goes, its going to hinder both of those. You are taking in 2 toxins. If serious about BB then you should quit them both, or at minimum drink liquor instead of beer, and in moderation (like once every two weeks?). You are only 19 though and unless you plan on going pro in BB'ing I would say enjoy your youth. I still say do it in moderation but when you go out with your friends dont hate yourself for having a drink or two, enjoy it. Your only here once so live it up, but take care of yourself in the process. Goodluck

Repped because you are so nice.(no homo)

Nothin good about Smokin for sure.

I smoke though.

RU4A69
02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Better off using Skoal or Cope. No smoke, plenty of Nicotine

JaCulop
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
So you can lose your jaw down the road. Either way is retarded.

RU4A69
02-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Either way is retarded.

Totally, but smokers actually have a far higher incidence of mouth cancer