PDA

View Full Version : adrian312's journey to get cut up aka. lose bf!!!

adrian312
03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the board, however I am not new to bodybuilding. I have been working out on and off, mostly on, for the last 7 years. I am 25 now. For the most part I have just stuck with weights and haven't touched cardio. I want to change that and get cut up. I am going to list all my stats and keep this thread updated as best I can to track my progress. I started my new program february 15th. If anyone could give me advice, feel free to do so. My goal is to lose 10-15 pounds of body fat in 3 months.

My stats are:
Height: 5'5
Weight (starting): 174

My current cardio program: 30 minutes of regular cardio (running or ellyptical)7 days a week in the morning on an empty stomach (This may be an overkill of cardio, but it seems like I lose weight slowly)

Weight training in afternoons: 3 times a week broken up as
Monday: Chest/tris
Wednesday: Back/bi's
Thursday: Shoulders

Diet: only 4 meals a day typically.

meal 1: 4-5 egg whites (1 yolk)

meal 2: 6 inch subway veggie on wheat

meal 3: myoplex deluxe shake

meal 4: salmon/chicken with bread

I will post weekly progress on here. The last time I weighed myself was March 1st, (14 days after program started). I was 172 lbs. at that time. So I lost an average of 1 pound a week so far.) I will be weighing myself every wednesday from now on.

I also am attaching my pic as of March 1st as well. I didn't take pictures until after 2 weeks in.

I am open to suggestions, I am also trying to get my body fat percentage reading soon. Could anyone tell by my pic how much bf I have?

I never really was cut up, and I want this to be the time for it to happen. Thanks everyone!

adrian312
03-06-2006, 07:57 AM
So daily update on what I have done the last two days. On Sunday, I ran for 30 minutes. (15 min at 5.0 and 15 min at 5.5) Since I have been running everyday, seems that my knees are getting somewhat irritated. I am getting a slight pain on the right side of my knees.

So, this morning I stuck to the ellyptical machine. I did that for 30 minutes. This afternoon I'll be doing chest and tri's. Til next time....

StrongEnough?
03-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Where is your leg workout?

I would clean up that diet, removing the Sub for starters. 5-6 meals a day, keep protein in your system every 3 hours, more veggies, more EFA's.

You have a great deal of LBM already, so cut strict, clean and keep your workouts intense, and in about 12 weeks, you'll be happy. After that, I would do a bulk.

Good luck!

BF is around 14%

adrian312
03-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the advice....

With legs, I am kind of lazy with that. I used to do legs back in high school, but when I started weightlifting again in college, I just stuck to upper body. My legs were never really that small (I played soccer.), so I didn't feel the need that much. I want to start doing legs, however I am thinking of doing it after I finish my cutting cycle.

I know my current diet is not the best. I looked at it like if I keep it a little loose, than ill stick to it. I was/am afriad of if I became extremely strict with the meals, than I would lose interest too soon. Right now, 4 meals works out well for me with my current schedule. With the veggie sub, I was eating that since that was the only somewhat nutritious meal I could find around my job....

Maybe if I mapped out my typical day someone could give me some specific advice on how to adjust.

7:30 AM: 30 min cardio on treadmill/ellyptical

9:30-10 AM: 4 egg whites (1 yolk)

1:00 PM: 6 inch veggie sub

4-5:00 PM: Myoplex deluxe shake (with water)

6:30 PM Weight training

8:30 PM Dinner, consists of chicken or salmon with wheat bread.

If I could get advice on something quick that I could fit into my schedule, that would be great. I am pretty busy so I want to be able to do something convienient. Also, I didn't mention that I do go out on the weekend to eat like 1-2 times per week. Those meals are like grilled salmon or chicken kabob with bread.

adrian312
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Well today I did my weekly weigh in, and I weighed in at 170 lbs. Thats a 2 pound loss since 1 week ago. So far my total weekly weigh ins have been: (except week 2):

Week 1 - Day 1 - 174 lbs.
Week 3 - Day 14 - 172 lbs.
Week 4 - Day 21 - 170 lbs.

For some reason I am feeling that my shoulders are getting a little bit smaller in mass, I don't know if its really true, other people I know have not noticed any difference.

As far as cardio, I am still going strong with 21 consecutive days of cardio (rotating ellyptical and running) for 30 min. However, my knees are bothering me still....

Anyways so I have lost a total of 4 pounds in 21 days. Does anyone thing that much of that could have been muscle ?

till next time....

adrian312
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Yesterday I had a cheat meal (my friends bday party) I had a full sized fish (steamed) with white rice and a tgi fridays desert. I kind of regret eating the desert, but oh well. I don't think I want to cheat again anytime soon.

Well anyways, I revised my meal plan, here it is, I am waiting on some prolab whey protein and glutamine, then I will integrate it into my daily meals.

7am: 30 min cardio

9 am: 6 egg whites 1 yellow - 1 banana

12-1pm: 5 oz chicken with 1 slice wheat bread
-or
5 oz tune steak with 1 slice wheat bread

4pm: myoplex deluxe protein shake

6:30: workout with weights ( 3 times a week)

8:30: 5 oz salmon or chicken or tuna steak
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup steamed veggies

I want to integrate another meal somewhere, I am not sure where I should put it right now, when I get my protien in the mail, I want to use that as a meal. Right now I am at 4 meals. I want to be at 5 a day.

Anyone have any further suggesstions. thanks.

adrian312
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
So, I did my weekly weigh-in today. I lose 2 lbs since last wednesday. So I am now at 168 lbs. Here is a history of my weight thus far....

Week 5 - Day 28 - 168 lbs.

I am trying to get my BF % done this sat, the gym that I go to sucks and none of the trainers have time / or care to help, since its a free service at the gym...

I haven't gotten anymore feedback from the forum , but I did start taking glutamine in the morning, I take 1 teaspoon mixed with water after I do cardio in the morning.

I was thinking my target weight loss should be 10-15 pounds of bf, anyone thing that might be too much?

adrian312
03-23-2006, 06:47 AM
So, I did my weekly weigh-in, 165 lbs, So that's a 3 pound loss since last week. I think a pound of that was water weight, Yesterday I drank a few cups of green tea, and I was going to the bathroom every hour pratically.

I am now noticing a couple veins showing when I do biceps. I also have been noticin my stomach has been loose. Normally its pretty tight.

I also tested my BF % last saturday (5 days ago) it read 17.1%. I didn't know I was that high, but I think I can get to at least 13% in 1 month. Total weight loss so far has been 9 lbs.

I also improved my diet, I posted a message in another thread to get some feedback, but no one has responded. If you'd like to give me your take, here is the thread link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9287731#post9287731

So here is a history of my weight loss thus far...

Week 6 - Day 35 - 165 lbs.
(I think closer to 166, I think I lost water weight)

adrian312
03-30-2006, 07:06 AM
well here goes my weekly update...I weighed in yesterday at 165lbs , the same as last week. I might have lost 1 pound if last week was in fact 166 due to water weight. But I cant assume that 100%. Either way, I am gonna increase cardio intensity slightly and cut out my carb in meal 5. I posted another thread regarding why i did not lose any weight, but i gotta keep going and see what happens next week.

Week 7 - Day 42 - 165 lbs.

adrian312
04-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Weekly update here.... I lost 3 pounds this week, finally some solid progress after 2 weeks. I am gonna contine doing what I did this past week and see how it works out. My top 4 abs are starting to show in the shadows, so that is obviously a plus. But I still think I need to lose 10-12 more pounds. I originally thought that I only needed to lose 10 pounds and max 15, but I was wrong. I've lost total of 12 pounds, and I think I need another 10-12 pounds to lose. So new goal for the end of my 12 weeks is 152, and if i get lower then that, then that would just be a plus. I have 5 remaining weeks, so I need to average out 2 pounds a week loss from now on. It's gonna be hard, but I still have strong motivation. If I do reach that goal that wold be 22 pounds total loss. Lets seee.....

Week 7 - Day 42 - 165 lbs
Week 7 - Day 49 - 162 lbs

noreaga1982
04-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Is a 6 inch sub really that bad for you ?

adrian312
04-06-2006, 08:58 AM
It's not necessarily "bad" for you. However, did not contain enough protien for me. I replaced it with grilled chicken breast or fish, with some brown rice and veggies.

I would say if you eat it, that's fine, but you should be getting some more protien in that meal somehow.

felixno9
04-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey bro, i just read your thread and congrates. I think hte hardest part is cardio in themorning.
I can only give adivice to the **** i read here in the forums, but you are doing it, so let me ask you a question. You still do your weight traning right. Have you been noticeing you stilll have your strenght? or have you been adding weight to your weekly routine? Because everything you do seems ot go against what ppl say.
1. cardio in morning on empty stomach
2. Your diet looks kind of off
3. They say not to do cardio every day.
4. Do a cheat meal, or a refeed once a week or so

But hey if what you are doing is working, keep on doing it. My only question is, while working out with weights. are you noticeing a muscle gain or lose? like are you adding weight to yoru routine? adding reps? or keeping everyting the same week in and week out?
Just curious on how you think your muscles are and you LBM is.
anyways, everyone is different and we are our own ginny pigs, so you are accomplishing y our goals dude, that is awsome. keep it up.
p.s. got any new pics?

RyanCollins
04-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey man, running irritates my legs as well, do stationary bike for 30 minutes keeping your heartrate above 170. It's good and it really gets me going if I wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt (my usual workout getup).

adrian312
04-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Yes, I am still weight training, for the first 4 weeks I kept my same routine as before I began cutting. I actually was increasing in weight almost consitetly each week. After 4 weeks I switched up my routine, mostly different excersizes, and high reps. It's hard for me to compare my strength now since I am doing anywhere between 12-18 reps per set. However, I do feel like I may have had some strength loss in general...My shoulders escpecially I think have lessened in mass. (I usually lose mass in my shoulders first if i dont work out for awhile) But most of my mass is still there, not too noticable. From my weekly pics, I can't really tell that I have lost much LBM. I look more defined now, and much fat is gone.

Yeha, I know my diet is a little low in caloric intake, but I was going with this for many weeks and I lost weight, I adjusted it 2 weeks ago and added more things, and I didnt see progress again. So right now I am sticking to what I have. Yes, I have been doing cardio everday, I kinda am just in the habit at this point, I figure if I have a couple days off then ill lose focus and be less strict...

I do some kind of "clean" cheat meal on the weekends when I go out to restaurants. I dont go all out, I mostly eat healthy things like chicken and fish, and sometimes have a dessert. I dont know if this would constitute as a cheat really or what.

I am going to get by Body fat tested again in aproximately 1 and a half weeks. So ill see the progress from there. I was 17.1% on march 13th. I am hoping ill be around 13-14ish by then. I have no idea where I am at now though as far as bf%.

I have been taking weekly pics, but I was thinking just to post it after my 12 weeks are up, there is noticable differences though, much more definition, its exciting to see areas being more "cut" every week. This past wek my lower chest tightened up, last week it was my tricept cut that got better. I am getting more veins now, so its all pretty motivating...

Alb19732
04-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Looks like you are making good progress. You may want to eliminate the dessert all together. One thing I can say is that those calories will add up. Before I started cutting, I thought I knew how many calories I consumed daily. Since cleaning up my diet, it has made all the difference.

KeepintheFaith
04-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Great work thus far, keep it up! I am in your boat on the leg workouts. I need to do more and am working on that. Last night I did some squats for the first time in a LONG time. They successfully made me feel like I was walking on rubber bands and today they are sore, but it's the "I worked out good last night" sore! Best wishes!

adrian312
04-13-2006, 06:09 AM
So heres my weekly update here...I did my weekly weigh-in and weighed in yesterday at 161 lbs. Thats a 1 pound loss from last week. The last couple days I have been kind of sick so I think my metabolism slowed down. Also, I finally took a day off from cardio yesterday, I was too sick and needed rest. I still did not skip my weight lifting session in the afternoon though. This morning/week I am also gonna change up my cardio to doing it slower , but with an incline around 4-6, 30 min duration still. I did it this morning and I was pretty burnt out. This saturday I am gonna be getting my bf tested again, which would make it 4 weeks since my last test. I was 17.1% then. I am hoping to be around 14 %. I have a little more than 4 weeks left in my program, so I gotta work hard if I want to reach my goal of 152 lbs, I am still unsure if I do not reach it, if I should extend my cutting a few weeks to reach it, but its too early to say anything about that now with still 4 weeks left. Heres my progress so far.

Week 8 - Day 49 - 162 lbs.
Week 9 - Day 56 - 161 lbs.

adrian312
04-20-2006, 09:44 AM
So, I did another weigh-in yesterday, I weighed in a 157 lbs. 4 lb loss from last week, I weighed myself before weight lifting...I also weighed myself afterwards and I weighed at 158.5. For record keeping ill leave it at 157 since I have been weighing myself before weight lifting the whole time.

Things I changed this week. I kept my diet pretty much the same, I had a cheat meal at red lobster on sat. I increased the intensity on cardio, I started incorporating HIIT. For 2 days I did high inclines on a moderate speed, and the rest of the week I did 23 min worth of HIIT, breakdown like this:
3 min warmup
1 min 6.0
1 min 7.0
1 min 6.0
1 min 7.5
1 min 6.0
1 min 8.0
1 min 6.0
1 min 8.5
1 min 6.0
1 min 9.0
1 min 6.0
1 min 9.5

I did this until 23 min, I would go up in down on the peaks depending on how I felt, but I think this is what I needed to kick off another layer of fat. I feel my chest is real loose and parts of my stomach as well.

I am going to try to do HIIT around 6 days a week, but if I am huring, I probably will do 4 or so, and the rest of the days moderate cardio sessions around 30 min.

Another note, I didnt get my bf tested this past weekend, the trainer forgot to bring his calipers, hopefully ill get it done this weekend. I think I am gonna keep going until I see a solid 6 pack, then after that ill do a clean bulk with no-explode/cell mass stack...this is all tentative....

adrian312
04-27-2006, 06:00 AM
So I weighed in yesterday at 156 lbs. That's a 1 pound loss since last week. I noticed a trend in my weight loss.... It seems like one week I only lose 1 or no pounds, then the next week I lose 3-4 pounds, and it cycles like that. So, if the trend continues, I should be at aprox 153 next week, we'll see how I weigh-in next week.

This past week I was pretty burnt out from all the HIIT. I had an off day of cardio on wednesday, I think I am going to have this as my off day from now on. I am going to alternate HIIT every other day, and do ellyptical on my non HIIT days. Also on sundays, I am gonna do a longer run at about 30 min around 3 miles, right now I am at 6.5 mph on the treadmill for 28:10 sec, (3 miles). I am closing in on 90 days of completion, I most likely will extend it until I feel satisfied. I was thinking I might need to go down to 145, so I'll see how I look in another 2 weeks, and go from there. I still didn't get my body fat checked, i m having some scheduling issues with the person, hopfully one of these weeks ill be able to do it...

Here is a total progress thus far....

Week 5 - Day 28 - 168 lbs. ~17.1% body fat
Week 10 - Day 63 - 157 lbs.
Week 11 - Day 70 - 156 lbs.

adrian312
05-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I did my weigh-in yesterday, and results were okay. I weighed in at 155 lbs. So 1 pound loss since last week. I wanted to be at 153, but I did notice I didn't lose that much weight this week at least visually, however my arms did get slightly more defined. Time is winding down and I still need to lose more fat so I decided I am going to start using a fat burner. Right now i have EAS thermodynamix at home. I took one today. And ill take one in the afternoon, Ill increase the dosage to 2 pills per serving after 2 days or so. I cant use any thermo that has gelatin in it, and I dont want to break the caps and swallow it... But i was looking into VPX Redline, I think I might use that instead...I am going to do some more reasearch on it. So far I lost a total of 19 pounds, I know these last pounds are gonna be hard, i think this will help.

This past week I had a cheat meal, 8 ribs, I actually think i ate too much cause the next day my stomach was hurting. So i think ill stay off any heavy cheat meals for now. Technically my 90 days are up on may 15th. I know I wont be where I want to be by then, but i still am gonna push, hopefully ill be at least 153 by then.

Heres my updated weight loss history...

Week 12 - Day 77 - 155 lbs.

adrian312
05-11-2006, 08:37 AM
So, weekly weigh-in update here again. I weighed in yesterday at 153 lbs., that's a 2 lb loss from last week. I had a good feeling of losing about 2 pounds, I felt that my stomach tightened up a bit. 12 weeks are up and 21 pounds total are lost.

Things I changed this week: I really cut out all PM carbs (after 4) and morning oats, so I felt kind of weak the last couple days, so now I increased carbs again to get my energy levels back up. I also took EAS thermodynamix (1 pill in morning empty stomach, 1 pill before afternoon meal). I was planning to take 2 pills per serving after 2 days, but I stuck to 1 since I felt that was working. I also took 2 days off from cardio to rest up my knees. I think I am gonna now change up amount of cardio to 4-5 days per week now.

This week I am going to increase my fat burner dosage to 2 per serving, (2 in morning, 2 in afternoon), and see how it works. My goal this week is to lose 1 pound, I think I should be able to do it. My 90 day mark ends on the 15th, and I did pretty much reach my revised goal to be at 152. My new goal is 150, but probably will try to go lower than that depending on how I look. (I think I would be pretty ripped at 145)

I really want to get my body fat tested again. I think I am probably at least 12% range now. (I want to be conservative in my estimates) I ordered some body fat calipers , so ill measure it when it comes in.

adrian312
05-18-2006, 06:56 AM
So another weekly update, I weighed in yesterday at 152, a 1 pound loss from last week. I know I set my goal to lose 1 pound, but I was still hoping to lose 2. But either way 1 pound is still good. I am setting this weeks goal to lose another 1 pound, although I hope to lose 2 , and be at 150 by next week, but ill try my best and see.

Things I did this week:
I am sticking to 4 days a week of cardio, 3 HIIT, and 1 longer mid paced run. This past Sunday I ran for 30 min at 7.0 mph.

Since I decreased my cardio, I kind of cut more calories a little since I am not as hungry, not too significant though

I had 2 cheat meals actually, I went to a wedding and ate some greasy foods, and had 2 deserts over the weekend (including a chili’s dessert) I needed something sweet to keep me sane. This might have damaged my progress a little, cause I felt pretty full the next day, plus my stomach was hurting from the grease.

I continued to take EAS thermo pills, 2 in the morning, 2 before lunch meal, ill continue to take the same dosage this week. Yesterday, I was contemplating to start taking red line liquid form bottle instead, but I am gonna stick with the EAS for now, and see what happens this week, if I don’t make progress I probably will switch it up. So here is a history of the weight loss to date.

Week 13 - Day 84 - 153 lbs.
Week 14 - Day 91 - 152 lbs.

adrian312
05-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Another weekly update, I weighed in yesterday at 151.5. Only a .5 pound loss from last week. I didn't reach my minimum goal of 1 pound, but i think its due to the fact I had 2 cheat meals this past week. Seems to be getting harder for me to lose weight. Before weighing in, I predicted that the scale wouldnt move much from last week since I didnt see to many visual differences in the mirror.

Things I did this week:

I continued to take eas thermo 2 pills in morning and 2 in afternoon.
I had 2 bad cheat meals this weekend, one sushi chea meal with dessert, 1 1/2 cheesesteak with dessert.
So I think that may had to have a part in the lack of weight loss, but its okay, I needed to splurg a little, not I am back on track...
I started to do more HIIT cardio the last couple of days, I started to feel my fat loose again, so from past experience, it looks like it'll be ready to go this week.

Things ill do this week:

I take a week off from the eas thermo, I feel its lost its effect for me already
I am going to keep the HIIT cardio sessions up, I have pretty high energy levels now, so Ill do as much as i can handle
I bought a bottle of redline liquid, I was thinking of using it this week, but I have a feeling I can lose weight without it with the increased cardio intesity.
Maybe next week ill consider taking the redline. Goal this week is to get to 150 lbs, a 1.5 lb loss. Lets see...

Weight Loss history thus far....

Week 15 - Day 98 - 151.5 lbs.

Swivel
05-25-2006, 08:07 AM
You've lost a good deal of weight. Congrats. Progress pics yet?

adrian312
05-25-2006, 08:16 AM
thanks, I was thinking when I wanted to post my progress pics, on one hand I was thinking that I should wait till I get to where I want to before posting it, but I guess I can just post where I am at now, Ill try to post an updated pic as of yesterday sometime tonight.

adrian312
05-25-2006, 04:44 PM
So, as promised, I attached my progress pic as of yesterday, I have some more but this will do. I blurred my face in this one, I shouldda did it in the original, but oh well... I think in that pic I am around 12%ish, if anyone wants to give feedback feel free, I do want to get into the single digits around 8-9%.

Krust
05-25-2006, 05:04 PM
So, as promised, I attached my progress pic as of yesterday, I have some more but this will do. I blurred my face in this one, I shouldda did it in the original, but oh well... I think in that pic I am around 12%ish, if anyone wants to give feedback feel free, I do want to get into the single digits around 8-9%.
holy **** dude!! excellent work!

Swivel
05-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Your face is blacked-out in the "after" shot, but not the two "before" shots. :)

Great work on the weight loss. Looking good.

danosaur
05-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Your face is blacked-out in the "after" shot, but not the two "before" shots. :)

I just saw that too...its funny

you've done a great job, especially on the stomach..keep it up

adrian312
05-26-2006, 08:24 AM
thanks for the words guys, yeah i know i didnt block out my face in the first pics, but did this time, i mentioned it when I posted the pic, but oh well.... :)

adrian312
06-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Okay, another weigh-in yesterday...weighed in at 150 lbs even. That's a 1.5 pound loss from last week. I had a pretty good feeling I would lose something this week, I felt my fat was real lose around my stomach area again, which in my case always points to fat loss. I reached my second goal of 150, but I still have some fat I want to get rid of. I have this fat on the left side of my chest that seems to be very stubbon, in fact my whole left chest is about 1-2% more bodyfat then my right. I want the left side to look just like my right chest as it is now, looks like a couple more pounds will hopefully do it. So I am going to take it weekby week now and see how I look. I really would like to get to 8-9% ideally, although I really think I need to bulk soon.

Things I did this week:
I kept my HIIT cardio session short, yet intense, I used the ellyptical and treadmill, I think I did 5 sessions, around 10-15 min in length. I did have 2 cheat meals, and 2 desserts, but that seemed not to hurt my progress this week as I still lost 1.5 pounds.
I did NOT take any fat burner supplements this week.

Things to do this week:

I am still considering what I should take as far as a fat burner to assist in these last pounds, I now am contemplating between EC stack and redline liquid (which i already purchased) I think this week I'll pass on the fat burner, but next week I might start taking the fat burner for about 2-3 weeks maybe. if anyone has opintions feel free to let me know what would be the better route.

adrian312
06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
So, weighed in yesterday at 148.5 lbs. That's a 1.5 pound drop from last week. I had a good feeling I would lose some weight this week. I kept the cardio intensity up with HIIT, and I also took daily doses of a fat burner (fizogen lean tabs) I took 2 in the morning, and 2 before lunchtime. I am not gonna use it this week though. I might use another fat burner next week, so I don't build a tolerance to it.

I was thinking of cutting until the end of this month. I also am gonna finally start doing legs, my legs are looking smaller now since much of the fat is gone there. I probably will start doing legs on fridays. I really do want to bulk, but I also really want to be ripped, and I think I need to get to around 145, but ill see how I look in the mirror to make a final determination when to stop cutting.

Week 16 - Day 105 - 150 lbs.
Week 17 - Day 112 - 148.5 lbs.

adrian312
06-15-2006, 05:44 AM
So, I weighed in again yesterday, weighed in the same as last week at 148.5. I think the lack of loss weight this week was due party the fact that I had 3 cheat meals. (Fri,Sat,Sun.) each of those 3 days I had a dessert with the cheat meal...

I did notice however that my skin tightend up sligthly around my arms, I noticed more veins protruding yesterday while doing back and bi's. Today I am gonna do an EC stack for this week, and see how it goes, I checked my bf through digital calipers, came out 9.4%. So I think I want to get to 8%, so need to lose about 3 pounds at this point. I think the EC will help knock off a pound this week. I am taking Biotek ephadrine, along with 200 mg caffine.

Till next time...

adrian312
06-21-2006, 08:27 AM
I m officially finished with my cut today, I am gonna take measurements before I got on my clean bulk. I am gonna weigh in today, and post tomorrow. I attached a pic of a flex pose I did yesterday. Digital bodyfat calipers said 7.1% i duno how accurate that is.

Here is my progress pic:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=312052&d=1150860640

adrian312
06-22-2006, 07:14 AM
I weighed in yesterday at 147 lbs, a 1.5 pound loss from last week. Seems like the EC stack helped a lot, I took it once in the morning, and once before lunch. I feel kind of drained from the EC, so since yesterday I increased my carb intake. I feel pretty satisfied with the cut, although I think there is some loose skin in my mid stomach area, the skin streches out somewhat, but not too bad. So now onto my bulk, I might just update this log the same way during my cut, but havent decided yet for sure. Heres all the weight loss history again.

Week 16 - Day 105 - 150 lbs.
Week 17 - Day 112 - 148.5 lbs.
Week 18 - Day 119 - 148.5 lbs.
Week 19 - Day 126 - 147 lbs.

adrian312
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
just a random update, Ive been continuing with my bulk, I did a 6 week cycle of cell mass /no explode, and during that time i went from 147 to 159. THe last couple weeks I gained an additional 3 pounds to 162. Ive been mostly eating clean foods, although i am prbably eating too many sweets on the weekends, but i definalty gained some solid mass, especially on my back and bicepts, traps improved, and ive also been working my forearms pretty hard. I think i want to get up to 170-175 before cutting back down, I think my bodyfat now is around 9-10%. I still have a 6 pack, although it is not as defined as before. I actually completely cut out cardio, i m mad at myself about that, but ive been concentrating so much on bulking its hard to balace for me, but when i m ready to cut ill be full force cardio again.

adrian312
10-24-2006, 10:06 AM
so i put together a 8 month progress pic to show my progress. Ramadan just ended and I lost 2 pounds. I am gonna start another cycle of creatine probably in a week or 2, I am shooting to get to 170 at least. My diet has been slacking, but I am ready to clean it up and start eating the proper meals i need again at the right times.

adrian312
11-20-2006, 09:40 AM
i started another cycle of creatine, this time using eas phosphagen HP. I started on the 11th, and did the 5 days of loading. My starting weight was 165.5, and I am currently at 171.5. I notice some bload from the water weight, which is more then i anticipated. I have improved slightly in shoulder and chest excersises so far. I am planning on using the creatine till end of the year and begin a 6-8 week cut in january.

-E-
11-20-2006, 12:57 PM
bloody hell man, well done, im cutting right now and I gotta say, you've made some great progress, its things like this that encourage me, and hopefully i'll be seein my abs soon too. nah serious, good luck, keep goin.

adrian312
12-13-2006, 02:10 PM
so random update, i am continuing my bulk, although i havent been eating the greatest. i weighed myself at 172 lbs. I havent checked my bodyfat but i think i am somwhere around 13% i think, i m kinda ready to start cutting (planning on starting in january) , i am currently looking to purchase a treadmill and ellyptical machine so i can do cardio right at home in the morning before work. i was looking inot the life fitness t5-5 for the treadmill, and getting a precor 5.23 ellyptical machine, kinda pricy but i think i will make good use out of them...we'll see

adrian312
01-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Today I am starting my cutting program once again...I decided to start earlier then I expected since I am beginning to get more fat in the stomach area then I wanted. I did a bodyfat test myself, and came to aprx 12% at 174 lbs. not sure how accurate it was , but I'll assume its around there. This week I am taking off completely with weight training, I need rest , I injured my left shoulder and left arm, so it needs some recovery. I am just coming off a cycle of creatine (phosphagen HP) I had pretty good gains especially with the traps, chest, and some decent back gains. My shoulders also increase in strength.

Right now I am looking to cut to 160 lbs, and take it from there, goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week...I am going to weigh myself every week any post it on here to track progress. to start off, I am going to go for 4 days cardio in the morning for 30 min on empty stomach on the treadmill or ellyptical depending on how i feel, ill increase the days of cardio as necessary, and integrate HIIT after i get my endurance back (I did cardio this morning on treadmill) I bought a precor ellyptical so ill be able to do that at home, ill prolly use mostly the ellyptical after i lose most of the fat. I am going to use a similar meal plan as i did before when i cut down. I am going to try to limit myself to one cheat meal per week, probably friday or sat. I am estimating that this cut will last about 8-10 weeks, i think the last cut i lost too much muscle, and looked to skinny overall, so i dont really want to go to that extreme this time, we'll see how it looks after i get to 160....

dpman
01-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Today I am starting my cutting program once again...I decided to start earlier then I expected since I am beginning to get more fat in the stomach area then I wanted. I did a bodyfat test myself, and came to aprx 12% at 174 lbs. not sure how accurate it was , but I'll assume its around there. This week I am taking off completely with weight training, I need rest , I injured my left shoulder and left arm, so it needs some recovery. I am just coming off a cycle of creatine (phosphagen HP) I had pretty good gains especially with the traps, chest, and some decent back gains. My shoulders also increase in strength.

Right now I am looking to cut to 160 lbs, and take it from there, goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week...I am going to weigh myself every week any post it on here to track progress. to start off, I am going to go for 4 days cardio in the morning for 30 min on empty stomach on the treadmill or ellyptical depending on how i feel, ill increase the days of cardio as necessary, and integrate HIIT after i get my endurance back (I did cardio this morning on treadmill) I bought a precor ellyptical so ill be able to do that at home, ill prolly use mostly the ellyptical after i lose most of the fat. I am going to use a similar meal plan as i did before when i cut down. I am going to try to limit myself to one cheat meal per week, probably friday or sat. I am estimating that this cut will last about 8-10 weeks, i think the last cut i lost too much muscle, and looked to skinny overall, so i dont really want to go to that extreme this time, we'll see how it looks after i get to 160....

You should post a current picture to help you track your cut.

adrian312
01-06-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah that makes sense, so here is a front view at 174 lbs. i am retaining some extra water do to the creatine mono,....this was taken dec 26, 2006.

adrian312
01-12-2007, 07:52 AM
weekly update, so far cut is going well, this past weekend i had a cheat meal not too bad, it was brown rice and lots of kabobs, i weighed myself thurs , i was at 169.5 lbs. a 4.5 lbs loss, I attribute that mostly due to water weight from the creatine mono, and i think maybe 1 or 2 pounds could have been fat. I am still doin cardio in the mornin 30 min on the treadmill every other day. I feel much better starting back on the cardio, it was kinda tough the first couple but every time i go it gettin easier to run harder. Next week i m gona be traveling to chicago for business, there is a gym in the hotel, so i m gona continue the cardio as is, and try to eat as sensible as possible, i am gona pack some food so i can eat a decent lunch, and probably end up eating dinner out a restarants for the week. with weights this week, i went pretty light , as my left shoulder and elbow area is still not recovered, next week i m gona also go light jsut to get in.

adrian312
02-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Long due update here, i know i been slackin with the update, but a lot of things going on... Anyhow, i checked my weight this past wednesday, and I was at 163 lbs. I have been continuing to do cardio every other day at this point (for 30 min) ellyptical during the week, and treadmill on the weekends. Lately i have been doin way too many cheat meals ( 1 per night on fri sat and sun), they arent extreme, but i think it may be hurting my progress. On mon-thurs i am good. The goal for the rest of this month hopefully is to get down to 160 lbs. Stomach does feel flatter, although lower stomach still needs to go, face got more defined in last few weeks, i think ill also up the cardio a little in a week or 2, and may start HIIT in march.

adrian312
02-22-2007, 07:35 AM
So I checked my weight yesterday, down to 162 lbs. Last couple days my stomach has been looser then normal, so i know that means its ready to go soon. This week up upped the cardio and started doing it everyday, (in the afternoons), i think ill take off on the weekends. I do feel more hungry when i increased the cardio... On this cut i really am slacking on the weekends, doing more then one cheat meal typically. I know when i want to get lower in bf i cant do that much longer. I hope by the end of the month i can get down to 160 lbs. I haven't checked my bodyfat percentage recenty, so ill try to get that in on my next update.

adrian312
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
long due update here. I've been busy with other things, so I haven't gotten a chance to update my log, but here it goes. I've been pretty successful the last month, I encorporated HIIT for the past 2 weeks or so, and it has immediately helped a lot. I weighed myself last wednesday and I was down to 158 lbs. Stomach is much smaller, arms are getting leaner. I have been doing HIIT after I workout normally (on ellyptical mostly, sometimes on treadmill) I do a 3 minute warmup, then only 10 minutes of HIIT, but it seems to work right now, i'll be upping the length of the sessions a few min at a time. I am thinking now my next goal is to get to 155 lbs, and evaluate from there. I haven't checked my bodyfat yet, but abs are showing more now, and i can see lower abs a bit. My stomach has been loose, so fat should be breaking down soon.

adrian312
07-18-2007, 11:34 AM
So I've been pretty busy with work and stuff, so giving another random update...I've been consistent with my weight lifting, however I haven't done cardio in a couple of weeks due to my knee pain. I went to a physical therapist and they found that my halmstrings and rear hip aread was extremely, which was causing the knee pain... So I have been doing the stretching 2 times a day for about 15 minutes. Normally i never really streched out my legs properly before or after doing cardio... I hope to get back into doing cardio within a week or 2. The stretching so far seems to be helping a lot. The pain is still there, but much less then before...

I also will be asking the physical therapist about my left rear shoulder pain, below the shoulder blade, it just feels tight basically when i push up with chest press, and do shrugs.

I am currently at 157 lbs and about 8-9%, my previous weight in my last update I think was a little off, the scale at the gym I go to was not very accurate, they replaced that scale since then.

yomama2
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
running all the time combined with no weight training or minimal weight training on the upper legs can do a number on your knees.

once you recover, you should consider cycling, steep incline walking, or swimming for your cardio to help with your knee.

Also, free weight squats, hamstring curls, and free weight deadlifts to a lesser extreme will help your supporting muscles around your knee support the joint/tendons/bone.

If you feel good on your leg weight training but still want more work to help your knee, do something like yoga or any type of balance work. I find adding a bosu ball to any free weight leg exercise will get your balance up to snuff in about 2 weeks. jump rope or high stepping in place on a trampoline can help your supporting muscles as well.

adrian312
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Here is a long due update...For the past few months I've been pretty much at a maintenance mode. MY rear shoulder was bothering me, but has been getting better. I was doing real light weights for awhile and slowly am increasing. I have been on and off with cardio, since my knees started bother me again (i stopped my daily streches, and it caught up to me), the weather got cold so my hamstrings got tight again, so everyday i started back up with stretching my legs. Right now my weight is at 155 lbs, and i am pretty lean still. I think the next few months I am going to remain at the same rate, and maybe do a bulk later on, but right now i still am frustrated that my rear shoulder has not healed all the way yet. Anyhow i have also been coaching a friend who just started his weight loss program, so its fun to guide him like i was a almost 2 years ago.

adrian312
07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I was just reading through my log and wanted to just chime in. Right now I am at 156 lbs and about 9-10% bf I believe. My typical routien now consists of 4 days a week weight training including legs, and 1 day of cardio, this seems to be working out fine for me. I've been busy with personal things, so I haven't officially done and official cut or bulk. I am basically in maintenance mode, with goals to increase strength.

I started doing barbell bicept curls a few months ago, and noticed development of my lower bicept, and increased stength, biceps have been a weak point muscle of mine but this has helped tremendously.

I don't have any plans as of now to do another bulk, maybe later in the winter I may do a cycle of creatine, Ideally I think my ultimate goal would be to be a solid 165 and cut, I feel whenever I weight less then 160 my strength decreases, and face gets too boney.

Until next time...

adrian312
09-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I updated this log...Not too much has changed in terms of my training, I've mainly kept at a maintenance level.

This past month however I took a whole month off due to the fasting month or Ramadan, I was so busy I couldn't fit it in my schedule. I just checked my stats and I weigh 174 lbs. right now at 16.3% bf. (Ouch I gained a little weight that I shouldn't have) It's interesting that I am 174 now, and when I went on my first official "cut" over 3 years ago, I was the same weight, and about 19% bf. It's late so I dont want to calculate how much actual muscle mass I gained in the 3 years... :)

So I am going to go on a mini cut right now, I want to be around 12%, my target right now is 160 lbs, so I have 14 pounds to lose.

I am starting this cut on 9/23, and plan on going for 8 weeks to get to my goal, which should end on 11/18. I am going to stick to the basics and use the knowledge and strategies I've used in the past to reach my goal, I'll try to update the site occasionally, but can't make any promises as I've been real busy.

adrian312
10-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey all, I weighed myself in yesterday at 168.5 pounds, I am gona put 169 for the books though, I attribute most of the loss from water weight, so far diet is going well and as planned, first week I did 1 day of cardio, this week I am going to up it to 2 days, and keep it at that for awhile...

Week 1 - Day 1 - 174 lbs. ~16% bf
Week 2 - Day 8 - 169 lbs.

L33THAL
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
So while cutting you did carido every other day right? how many calories were you taking in?

adrian312
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
So while cutting you did carido every other day right? how many calories were you taking in?

Actually, I only did cardio 2 times in a week, I am having 4 meals a day each meal being about 400-500 calories

L33THAL
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
well from my stats how much calories should i take in on a cut?

dekere
10-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Just read the whole post, from start to finish. It's great!!! Keep updating please, its motivating for us.

adrian312
10-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, heres a random update on the cut, the last 2 weeks I'd say were pretty good with the exception of 2 cheat meals. 1 was planned on the weekend. The other was desert yesterday. I think it affected my weigh in today since I might be retaining some water from the desert.

For the upcoming week I need to kick up the cardio by adding another day, currently I am doing 2 days a week cardio, I'll be doing 3 days a week from now on, I am not too pleased with the progress in the last 2 weeks, but it's all good I've been busy with a lot of other stuff, at least I did have some progress.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 174 lbs. ~16% bf
Week 2 - Day 8 - 169 lbs.
Week 3 - Day 15 - N/A
Week 4 - Day 21 - 167.5 lbs.

adrian312
04-07-2010, 07:14 AM
You might be wondering what happened to the previous cut, well I ended up getting the flu at that time, and was out of commission for about 3 weeks, so it really messed up the cut, and I just ended up maintaining the whole winter...

So I decided again to cut down, cut officially started yesterday (4/6). I weighed myself a few days ago at 173 lbs, I am thinking to cut down to 160. I am going to estimate this to take about 8 weeks. I checked my bodyfat also a few days ago and the results came back at 17.8%, which was higher then I expected...I want to get down to 12%, which is pretty maintainable for me.

I will be doing weigh in's once a week, which I will weigh myself today and track my progress here.

adrian312
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Weighed in yesterday a 172 lbs, that is my starting point for the cut. I am going to start off doing 2 cardio sessions per week (1 regular, 1 HIIT), and work out with weights 3 times a week, all of this will be done in the evenings. Right now I am not planning on having any crazy cheat meals since I just started the cut. But we'll see as we go on what to do with the cheat meals.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 172 lbs.

adrian312
04-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Late entry, but here is an update from last week. I weighed in a 168.5 last week, so 3.5 lbs loss, I attribute some of it to water weight, but it is solid progress. I am remaining in the gym at 5 days a week, 3 days weight training, and 2 days cardio. Today I have another weekly weigh in, I am thinking I lost another 1 pound this week. I'll probably continue doing 2 days of cardio a week for at least another week, then I'll probably need to increase one more day a week of cardio to get that fat burning off faster. I haven't cheated one time yet since I have cut, although I was tempted this past weekend. If I do decide to do a cheat meal it will be on the weekend.

Week 2 - Day 7 - 168.5 lbs.

adrian312
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
So I weighed in this past week at a notch above 167.5, but for the books I am going to keep it as that, I think it was like 167.6 according to the scale. 1 pound loss from last week. As long as I am progressing at least 1 pound a week I am going to consider that week a success. I feel like I might need to up the cardio in order to maintain this progress. Looking at my last attempt for a cut, I stalled a bit losing weight after 3 weeks, so I am going to try to preemptively attack this one.

Week 3 - Day 14 - 167.5 lbs.

adrian312
04-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi had my weigh in yesterday, I was hovering around 164 - 164.25 lbs, which is a 3.25-3.5 pound loss from last week, I am very happy with the results this week. I can see that y stomach has loss a good amount of fat, and my chest area has lost fat as well. I increased the cardio this past week to 2 HIIT sessions and 1 moderate session. I still have not cheated yet once since the beginning of my cut, we'll see if I feel like doing a cheat in the upcoming week. For the books I am going to pencil it in at 164 since the reading could go either way. I was actually quite surprised this week with the amount of weight loss, I was expecting to only lose about 2 pounds, but I am not complaining...So I am estimating it will take another 2-3 weeks to get to my goal of 160 lbs. Once I get to my target weight I am going to evaluate my body fat percentage and aesthetics to see if this is where I want to be at.

Week 4 - Day 21 - 164 lbs.

adrian312
05-06-2010, 01:56 PM
So I weighed myself in yesterday with disappointing results. I weighed in at 164.5 exactly. (If you want to be technical from last week's exact reading, it is a 1/4 pound increase from last week)

A couple of theories I have to the lack of progress.

1. I did a cheat meal on Saturday (steak and pancakes), and a "mini" cheat meal on Saturday.
2. I increased portion sizes slightly with rice, (because I was feeling very hungry and someone weak, and didn't feel like I was getting enough nutrition)
3. Looking at my past progress, after losing a significant amount of weight, my body may have stalled a bit before it can start losing more fat. I had a similar issue in one of my earlier cuts where I stayed at the same weight in between weigh in's. This theory may or may not be totally true, but I will work hard this week with no cheat meals as well to eliminate any other outside factors.

My goal this week is to lose at least 1 pound, to get to 163.5. I am going to maintain the same amount of cardio, and training regiment. As I mentioned, I am going to be 100% strict this week, no cheat meals.

Week 5 - Day 28 - 164.5 lbs.

adrian312
05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Good news this week, I weighed in last week at 161.25, which is a 3.25 pound loss from last week. This past week I maintained the cardio levels, and did not cheat at all. I am happy with the results, although I did notice that my chest strength went down a bit, so I am assuming I may have lost some muscle as well.

I am very close now to my target weight of 160 lbs. My face has leaned up a lot, as my stomach has lost a good amount of fat, my chest and shoulders have leaned up. I'll probably do a bodyfat & reading when I hit 160. I am estimating this cut to take 1-2 more weeks, as long as I decide to stop at 160.

Week 6 - Day 35 - 161.25 lbs.

adrian312
05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I kinda went on a splurge this past week, with a few cheat meals since I feel like I am at the point I want to stay at, earlier in the week I checked my bodyfat at 12.8%.

I think I had about 3 cheat meals this week, all being pizza, I even cheated one day before my weigh in, which definately through the readings off a few pounds, I weighed in this week at 164.5. I attribute at least a few pounds to that, since I ate a whole pizza the night before, regardless I will still register it at that even though I know its not accurate. I think I relaxed this week because I feel that I am getting to the point where I feel that I have lost enough weight, and don't want my appearance to look to skinny. I'll probably have a somewhat relaxed diet this week but will still maintain the same cardio sessions and weight lifting routine...

Week 6 - Day 35 - 161.25 lbs. ~ 12.8%
Week 7 - Day 42 - 164.5 lbs. (cheat meal night before)

adrian312
05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
So about a years gone by, and I decided to go for another cut. I already started by cut on 4/30, and as of 5/2 I did my official weigh in at 164.25 (a few days after my start but it’ll do) I will be doing my weigh ins on Wednesday’s every week, last Wednesday I weighed in at 164. My goals are to lose 1-2 lbs a week. My final target weight this time will be 157-158 lbs. I will also tweak that number based on how I look. My starting routine will consist of 3 days a week cardio (2 moderate 1 HIIT), and 3 days a week weight training. I have not done a cheat meal yet, if I do decide to cheat it will be on the weekend and be a maximum of 1 per week, no exceptions. I am expecting this cut to last about 5 weeks, since I am not looking to lose a ton of weight, but I will continue this cut as necessary. I was somewhat disappointed in my cut last year since I stopped after I hit 161ish, this year I will be more aware of last year’s result and use that as motivation not to do that. I am approximately at 14% bf now, I would be happy at 11% for this cut, and maintain after that.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 164 lbs.

adrian312
05-13-2011, 07:35 AM
This past Wednesday the 11th, I did my weekly weigh in, I was happy to see that I weighed in at 160.75, which is a 3.25 lb. loss from last Wednesday. This past week I was completely strict, I did at times eat an additional meal of chicken breast if I felt hungry. With the good progress I could easily mentally cheat, but I am going to still stay committed not to cheat until I hit my target weight. I am going to continue the same diet and cardio exercise as I have been. Goal for next week’s weigh in is 159.75.

Week 2 - Day 7 – 160.75 lbs.

whitek8gixxer
05-13-2011, 09:14 AM
ive lost 28 pounds and put 45 pounds on my bench since i started working out and i eat a a 6 inch turkey on wheat with double meat and a yogurt a couple times a week. It fits my macros just fine??? I can't bring much to work one because i'm on a motorcycle, and two i have no fridge or microwave at work. So i have to eat take out for a lunch alot. but i don't let it be a death sentence. Boston market sliced turkey and steamed vegtebales is money.

adrian312
05-19-2011, 07:18 AM
So I weighed in yesterday on my weekly weigh in at 158.75, which is a 2 lbs. loss from last week, I am happy with my progress thus far. This week I noticed my chest and arms got more lean, as well as my stomach has been reduced by about an inch. I still need to lose more weight to lean up my stomach area however. This past week I did have 1 cheat meal on Saturday (which was unplanned, but it was steak and fries, so it wasn't too bad) As my results show it did not affect my results. Going forward, to keep me sane, I will do 1 cheat meal per week. I am going to evaluate my results on June 1st weigh in, if I continue at 1 lb per week I should end this month at about 156.75, I am thinking this may be enough or 155 might be the right weight. I'll see when the time comes. For this week's goal I am looking to go to 157.75 for next week's weigh in. I will continue to do what I have been doing.

Week 3 - Day 14 - 158.75 lbs.

adrian312
05-26-2011, 08:56 AM
So I weighed in yesterday during my weekly weigh in at 158.5, which is only a .25 loss from last week, this past week I only had 1 cheat meal on Saturday, which I don’t think should have affected the results. But based on my previous weight loss trends from cuts, after about 3-4 weeks my body stalls on loss, and every weigh in after that I lose a couple of pounds. So I am not alarmed that I didn’t have much progress this past week, I notice my skin is lose and I expect next week’s weigh in to be good. Goal for next week will be 157.0, I am targeting a 1.5’s loss. After next Wednesday my May “cut” will be over, I will evaluate what I will be doing next, to continue the cut or maintain at that point, based on how I look and my scale weight. In terms of my current physical changes I noticed my shoulders, chest, and arms have gotten more lean, and I lost a decent amount on my stomach, the stomach can lose more fat from where it is now, so that is the main determining factor in continuing the cut or ending.

Week 4 - Day 21 - 158.5 lbs.

adrian312
06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
So I did my final weigh in for the month of May at 157 lbs. I am happy with the progress, reaching my goals below 160 lbs. I have clocked in at 10.9% bf as of 4 days ago, i will do another bf reading to see if anything has changed in those days. What I learned from this past cut is that a good weight for me is 157 lbs, so instead of future cuts at 160, I will target 157. I probably could still lost a few more pounds to tighten up my waist to about 155, but I won't be doing that as I feel like what I have done is sufficient for my goals. I noticed I lost at least 1 inch off my stomach, and my chest/arms/shoulders are more lean now. Moving forward I will be maintaining, and will relax my diet during the weekends. I probably will do a weigh in next week just to see what effect my cheats have on my weight. Every year just before spring I decided am going to make it a goal of mine to do at least 1 month cut (if significantly over 157 lbs), so I can maintain a good weight...

Week 4 - Day 21 - 158.5 lbs.
Week 5 - Day 28 - 157 lbs.

adrian312
04-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Here we go again. Spring is in the air, and for me that means Spring Cut! :) I've recently went on vacation and haven't been in the gym for the past couple of weeks, so feeling a little bit anxious to get back into the swing of things. I am starting the spring cut for 2012 today. I will be targeting 157 lbs. I haven't done my official weigh in today, but will do that today at the gym, I think I am around 163-164 lbs or so. I will be doing a similar routine as in previous years, will do weigh in's every Wednesday. Will do cheat meals once per week if I feel like I need to, otherwise I will not cheat.

adrian312
04-19-2012, 08:01 AM
My starting weight this year is 164 lbs (weighed in this past Monday). I also did my weekly weigh-in yesterday and stayed the same at 164 lbs. I am still deciding this week if I should do 2 or 3 days of cardio, but based on previous experience I will probably do 3 days of cardio this week, and continue that going forward.

adrian312
04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I had my weekly weigh in yesterday, and was very pleased with the results. I know some or most of the weight lost was water weight, but any progress is good progress. I did 1 cheat meal on Friday, right now I will probably stick to about 1 cheat meal a week. I have been doing 3 days of cardio per week now.

Week 2 - Day 7 - 160 lbs.

adrian312
05-02-2012, 08:20 PM
So this week I had a 1 pound loss from last week, so I am satisfied with the results. I did one cheat meal this week. Overall I am happy with the 1 pound loss. I am targeting another 1 lb loss next week.

Week 3 - Day 14 - 159 lbs.

adrian312
05-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Quick update, weekly weigh in came at 158 lbs. 1 lb lost from last week. I am thinking to do the cut for 2 more weeks, I am hoping to reach my goal of 157 lbs by my next weigh in. Diet has been good minus one cheat meal a week. My stomach area could lose some fat so I think th 2 weeks is a good goal to shed some extra stomach fat.

Week 4 - Day 21 - 158 lbs.

adrian312
05-17-2012, 08:22 AM
So my weigh in yesterday came in at 158 lbs, the same as last week. Although I am slightly disappointed, I am not completely disappointed as I know how my body works after around this time, usually my body stalls on weight loss for about 1 week during week 4/5. This week however I did notice my arms and chest got/look more leaner. I expect to reach my target of 157 lbs by next week, I even think I might lose a little bit more. I may or may not end my cut next Wednesday, I will see how I feel and look then, I either a.) will end my spring cut, or b.) extend it for 1 more week.

Week 5 - Day 28 - 158 lbs.

adrian312
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
I did my weekly weigh in this week, I am happy to report that I weighed in at 156 lbs (155.75 to be exact), I am satisfied with the results, surpassing my target 157 lbs. I am going to officially end my cut, although I will still continue to eat cleanly, but just cheat whenever I feel like it. For this years cut, I had 1 cheat meal per week, and did not deviate from that. I haven't checked by bf% officially, but I think I am hovering around 10% right now. Till next year...

Week 5 - Day 28 - 158 lbs.
Week 6 - Day 35 - 156 lbs.

adrian312
09-16-2013, 07:43 AM
So it's been over a year since my last cut/update. I usually do a cut once a year, but this year due to life being hectic I wasn't able to do it at that time. But 2013 is not over...Now, I am about to do another ~6 week cut. I think I am actually around 167 lbs (will post official weight , the highest I have been in years, I think I am around 14% BF. I will target at at least 160 lbs, but may try to go down to 157, depending on how I look and my BF reading. I haven't did an official weigh in yet, but I will post the results next week on that. I did injure my rotator cuff a few months ago, and it still hasn't healed. I plan on doing the same program, with 3 days of cardio, 3 days of weights. Today is my first official day. I plan on having 1 cheat meal a week on Friday or Saturday, but will remove them if needed. I do feel like I am not lean enough right now so I am really looking forward to getting more lean again. I will post weekly result updates as I have in previous cuts!

adrian312
10-01-2013, 09:41 AM
So good news and some updates. When I started my cut I was at 166 lbs officially. Bad news was that this year was the first year in awhile that I got up to 166 lbs. During my first weigh in, (it was 2 days later), I was down to 164 lbs, and the following weigh in I lost 1 pound that week. I have my next weigh in tomorrow, which my goal will be to be at 162 lbs. I do feel overall more lean already, my chest and arms seem to have gotten leaner and some fat off my waist is gone, but I still have a lot of work to do in these next 4 weeks. I have been sticking to the same program, with 1 cheat meal a week. Will post an update soon with further results.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 166 lbs.
Week 2 - Day 7 - 163 lbs.

Ammex
10-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Strong 7 year update.

adrian312
10-02-2013, 11:15 AM
So I weighed in today at 162 lbs, reaching my goal from last week. I am going to continue to monitor my caloric intake and kick up my cardio session's intensity, to ensure I kick off another round of weight loss. Goal for next week is 161 lbs. Till next time...

Week 3 - Day 14 - 162 lbs.

adrian312
10-09-2013, 11:13 AM
So good news and bad news. Goods news is I lost weight from last week, but bad news is I didn't reach my goal of 161. I weighed in at 161.25. I had a feeling I had stalled slightly this week. I did have 1 cheat meal as usual, and everything else remained the same. This week I am going to change my cardio routine to 2 days of HIIT, and 1 aerobic cardio session. Still 3 days total. I will also increase intensity in cardio sessions. This is also not extremely surprising as I tend to stall after a few weeks, and think week it has happened before. I think with some intense cardio I can trigger the kickoff of another good round of weight loss. Goal for next week is 160 lbs even.

Week 4 - Day 21 - 161.25 lbs.

adrian312
10-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Great news, a solid 2 pound loss from last week, which brings me down to 159.25 lbs. I have 2 weeks to reach my goal of 157 lbs, which would make this years cut 6 weeks. As long as I lose 1 lbs per week for the next 2 weeks aprx I should be good to go. This past week I upped my cardio intensity, and everything else remained the same. Not one deviation from aside from my cheat meal, I even had a major holiday yesterday and did not cheat. I want to remain totally focused at the goal at hand. Goal for next week is 1 pound, which will bring me down to 158.25, a plus if I can get to 158.

Week 5 - Day 28 - 159.25 lbs.

memcop
10-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I dont even know what to do with this log lol

main forum it is

lol

Ppem
10-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Weekly pics would be great!

adrian312
10-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Weekly pics would be great!

Sorry I haven't been able to do that this year, maybe next year!

I did my weigh in today and came in at 158.5. I definitely notice my waistline has decreased, I tightened up my belt buckles otherwise pants were falling down :). And overall arms have become more lean, as well as chest. I think there is some loose skin that will further tighten my waist area further. 1 more week to go. One point also I would like to make is this year is I am using a different scale, and sometimes it reads the same for 1 pound adjustment, so that worries me a little that I am not getting completely accurate results. But I know for sure I am making progress just by looks. Target is 1 more pound for next week, bringing me down to 157.25.

Week 6 - Day 35 - 158.25 lbs.

adrian312
10-31-2013, 08:50 AM
So final weigh in yesterday came in at 157 lbs.! I also weighed myself with a digital scale and came in at 156.4 lbs. I am happy with my results overall, my waistline is down, overall muscle separation in arms, chest, shoulders are now more visible. I do know I could lose a little more. I checked my BF last week and I was at 11%, so I am assuming I am around that right now still, will do another check this week. Weight loss goal has been reached, and the extra week definitely paid off. Hopefully next year I won't have to do 6 weeks, as this year I gained a little more then usual.

Week 6 - Day 35 - 158.25 lbs.
Week 7 - Day 42 - 157 lbs.

adrian312
01-05-2015, 02:47 PM
So it's been a little more than a year since I have done my last cut, and I am really looking forward to starting another one. I have been feeling not my best due to the weight I have gained recently, thus triggering me wanting to do this cut. Last week I unofficially used my home scale and weight around 167 lbs, so I will start with that weight, but going forward I will do my Wednesday weigh ins, starting this Wednesday. My goal is to no stop until I hit at least 157 lbs. Based on previous cuts I expect it to take about 6 weeks, I will do 3 days cardio and 1 cheat meal per week. Already feeling mentally better that I started. Another different piece this year is that I will be doing my weigh-ins right before lunchtime, as I have changed my workout timing to pre-lunch instead of the evening hours. This is the first year I am doing a cut like this, I am interested to see if that will affect weigh ins. I'll be posting this Wednesday or next, based on my results this week, but I will really consider this Wednesday's weigh in as the first real official consistent weigh in.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 167 lbs.

adrian312
01-07-2015, 11:36 AM
So today (Wednesday's) are my official weekly weigh ins, and I will be updating it according to Wednesday using the same scale. My original 167 weigh in was last week on a different scale, I am still using that as the starting point, today I weighed in at 166 lbs. My goal will be minimum 1 pound a week, anything over that will be a plus as I expect to lose more than 1 some weeks. Target for next week is 165 lbs. I have exactly 6 weeks I want to hit 157.

Week 1 - Day 3 - 166 lbs.

adrian312
01-14-2015, 12:29 PM
So today was my weekly weigh in, and I came in at 164.5 lbs, a 1.5 lbs loss from last week, which beat my target of 1 pound. I am definitely have a little more to lose compared to recent previous cuts, but I am going to stick to the plan, goal for next week is another 1 lb loss. I believe have lost all my water weight, and each week now I will be losing fat (as long as I meet the goal). I did have 1 pretty big cheat meal this past Saturday evening, other then that completely strict. I did notice that I slept like a baby when I had that big meal, was difficult to get up. What I learned from this is eating lighter meals in the evening keeps your sleep lighter, at least it did for me. In terms of physical appearance I did notice some slimming down overall, but still have work to do.

Week 2 - Day 10 - 164.5 lbs.

adrian312
01-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Weekly weigh in today with somewhat disappointing results, I did not lose any scale weight this week, the scale was hovering around 164-164.5 but I will register on the high side as I usually do. This past week I did the same, 1 cheat meal (pizza, probably not the best cheat meal), but I don't think the lack of scale weight change is necessarily due to this. This stagnation is a little early from what I am used to. I do know that right now my skin is feeling lose, which does mean to me that fat loss will follow. I am confident that next week I will see fat loss. I will target a weight of 163 lbs for next week, which would be a 1.5 lbs loss. I will also slightly tweak my diet and use a little less oil when the chicken breast is cooked. I will work on intensifying my cardio sessions as well. A few differences in this years cut: I have never done a cut in the beginning of Jan when it is cold and days are short, this also possibly could be a factor why I did not change weight this week. Before over analyzing and doing anything drastic, I am going to make the slight tweaks and work on next week's goal.

Week 3 - Day 17 - 164.5 lbs.

adrian312
01-28-2015, 11:29 AM
So I am please to report that I weighed in today during my weekly weigh in at 162 lbs. 2.5 pound loss from last week. I remained clean all week except 1 cheat meal (cheesesteak and fries). I am halfway done my cut and still need to lose 5 more pounds. It will be tight with 3 weeks to go, but will do my best, if I don't reach the target I will extend cut by 1 week. Goal for next week is to lose another 1 pound. I did notice this week my arms/chest leaned up and stomach is starting to tighten up as well (but is def not there yet).

Week 4 - Day 24 - 162 lbs.

adrian312
02-04-2015, 12:32 PM
So I weighed in today at 162 lbs even again. No weight loss from last week. I am not terribly worried with the lack of weight loss this week, but I have seen an interesting pattern this year with 2 stagnation weeks. Even with the lack of weight loss this week, I noticed my waistline went down. I changed up by HIIT this week to 2 HIIT and 1 aerobic. Overall cardio intensity has increased. I will still stay the same course this week. I am basically averaging 1 pound of loss per week this year. Right now I have 2 weeks of cutting left to get to 157, my goal for next Wednesday is still 1 lbs (get to 161), which I think I will achieve. I will have to make a decision on to extending my cut for another week, as 2 weeks to lose the weight I need to will be a real challenge. Still right now I will see where I am at 2 weeks from now and decide from there. Regardless I need to hit my 157 goal. I do think this year I gain a lot more than a normal cut.

Week 5 - Day 31 - 162 lbs.

Frank Drebin
02-04-2015, 01:17 PM
epic thread

adrian312
02-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Thanks!

Weekly weigh in update. News is bitter sweet, Good news is I lost 2 pounds this week, I am down to 160 lbs. Bad news is I have 1 more week in my cut and it is very unlikely I will reach my goal of 157 with 1 week remaining. I would say there is a 80% chance that I will have to extend my cut by 1 more week, which would make this years cut 7 weeks. I don't know if I am aging or because of the winter months but it did take me longer. Nevertheless 2 more weeks of cutting is not that big a deal. I will post my update next Wednesday and go from there, but most likely we're looking at a 1 week extension. I am going to try to increase cardio intensity these next 2 weeks to make sure I do reach it.

Week 6 - Day 38 - 160 lbs.

adrian312
02-18-2015, 11:45 AM
I am please to report that I weighed in today at 158 lbs, a 2 pound loss from last week. This was supposed to be my official last day of the cut, however I decided last week that I wouldn't be able to hit the 3 pounds I needed to get to 157. So I have 1 more week to lose 1 lbs, I think this is very achievable. I just hope I don't go into one of those week plateaus I had this year. I changed up cardio for the past 2 weeks, with 1 day on the treadmill each week, and 2 days HIIT on elliptical. I am still keeping up intensity. Visibly, I can see significant differences, my arms chest and shoulders are more lean, as well as I lost weight in my stomach area, my pants are fitting much nicer. My stomach fast does still feel a little loose so I think will be ready to go within a week.

Week 7 - Day 45 - 158 lbs.

adrian312
02-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Today was my last weigh in, and I am happy to report a weight of 157 pounds, which was my target for this years cut. It did take 1 week longer then I anticipated, but I am happy with the end results. This past week I was battle a pretty bad cold, but still didn't miss a beat in terms of training and diet. It was hard but I got through it. My stomach is still a little lose, which means it might want to lose more soon, or its just a little loose skin. Anyhow I am going to officially end this years cut today, I will be targeting my yearly cuts in January, so next update you'll probably see here is next year. I will continue to maintain and keep a decent diet as a rule of thumb, but be more relaxed overall.

Week 8 - Day 52 - 157 lbs.

adrian312
01-04-2016, 11:49 AM
As mentioned in my last post, a year has gone by and I am ready for my 2016 cut. In 2015 I maintained my standard maintenance program, however I went overboard with the sweets, I am definitely ready for another cut. Today officially begins my 2016 cut, my starting weight from todays weigh in was 169 lbs, ouch...higher then I anticipated. I think the last time I was at this weight was a few years ago. But I do know that I am retaining water from much of the eating out I was doing in the last few months. My plan is to hit my target weight of 157, so 12 lbs I need to lose. I am estimating this cut will take 7 weeks based on previous experience. Will stick to the same program, clean diet all week with 1 cheat meal on the weekend. 3 days lifting and 3 days cardio per week. Will make adjustments as necessary. Wednesday's will be my weigh in's.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 169 lbs.

Chepserpas
01-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Great read and congrats on all the progress that has been made . I will follow your program in hope of some results. Also are u doing cardio after your workout? U lift every other day?

adrian312
01-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Thanks, and good luck with your progress! I do cardio on days that I don't lift weights. So I do cardio on alternate days 3 days a week, the other 3 days I weight train with 1 day off per week.

adrian312
01-06-2016, 12:30 PM
I did my Wednesday weigh in today, and came in at 166 lbs, so I was retaining quite a few pounds of water weight then usual when I started my cut in previous years. Now the real work starts. Goal for next week is 1 lbs loss. See you next week.

adrian312
01-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Weekly weigh in today, and please to report of a 2 lbs loss, currently weighing in at 164 lbs. I exceeded my goal of 1 lbs. I was reviewing my last year's cut and I am running very similar numbers from then. Based on last year I might stall at next week's weigh in, so this week I am going to kick up the cardio intensity to see if I can get past any potential plateau. This past week I at clean except the normal 1 cheat meal, but right now already feeling a lot better with the couple of pounds of weight loss. Goal for next week is the 1 lbs loss.

Week 2 - Day 10 - 164 lbs.

adrian312
01-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Weekly weigh in update: Weighed in today an exactly 163.25 lbs, a .75 lbs loss from last week. I missed my target slightly but still pleased that I didn't plateau. On some readings I was at 163 but I wanted it to be as accurate as possible this week. This week I tried to increase the intensity of cardio to avoid a plateau, and that seemed to have worked. I looked at my numbers last year during this week, and I am beating my numbers, which is great. I did one cheat meal during the weekend, everything else was completely strict. Goal for this week is another 1 lbs. I have 6.25 pounds to lose in 5 weeks, which is very achievable. Definitely starting to notice improvements in overall leanness in my chest, arms and stomach area in just a short 2 weeks. Gotta keep up the intensity in order to keep this progress going.

Week 3 - Day 17 - 163.25 lbs.

Tcedotal
01-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Weekly weigh in update: Weighed in today an exactly 163.25 lbs, a .75 lbs loss from last week. I missed my target slightly but still pleased that I didn't plateau. On some readings I was at 163 but I wanted it to be as accurate as possible this week. This week I tried to increase the intensity of cardio to avoid a plateau, and that seemed to have worked. I looked at my numbers last year during this week, and I am beating my numbers, which is great. I did one cheat meal during the weekend, everything else was completely strict. Goal for this week is another 1 lbs. I have 6.25 pounds to lose in 5 weeks, which is very achievable. Definitely starting to notice improvements in overall leanness in my chest, arms and stomach area in just a short 2 weeks. Gotta keep up the intensity in order to keep this progress going.

Can you post an updated progress picture?

adrian312
01-27-2016, 01:33 PM
This week's weekly weigh in update: I am please to report that I weighed in at 161 lbs. today, a solid 2 lbs loss from last week. This week I upped the intensity on cardio to ensure I pushed through any potential plateaus, and it looks like it paid off. My waistline has decreased and noticed this week my veins in arms while pumped are more visible now. I did have the standard 1 cheat meal this past week. So I have 4 weeks to go, and 4 pounds to lose. It is quite possible I may achieve my target weight in 3 weeks, but I don't want to jump the gun on that. Mentally goal is to finish up in 4 weeks. Goal for next week is 160 lbs. I am definitely worried about stalled progress this week as I haven't hit any plateau yet, so I will continue to push with the cardio (2 HIIT sessions and 1 aerobic session per week).

Week 4 - Day 24 - 161 lbs.

adrian312
02-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Another weekly weigh in update. The dreaded plateau has hit me. I weighed in at 161 lbs., exactly the same since last week. This year it came a little later than last year, but doesn't come in at a complete surprise. I have 3 weeks left in my cut, and have to lose 4 pounds, still very doable. This week I was sick and still not 100% but almost over my sickness. I also had a large cheesesteak with dessert for my cheat meal this past week. Those are the only contributing factors I can think of in terms of lack of progress this week. I did however notice my stomach is visually looking better this week, even though my body weight has not changed. As usual, I am not extremely alarmed of the lack of weight loss. Next week is very critical, I absolutely need to lose at least 1 pound in order to stay on track. I think my body will do it. Till next week...

Week 5 - Day 31 - 161 lbs.

adrian312
02-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Weekly weigh in update: Today I weighed in at 159.25 lbs, a solid 1.75 lbs. loss from last week. I kind of expected this, since last week I hit a plateau. I had a pretty big cheat meal with ice cream on Saturday that probably was too big, but didn't seem to effect me too much. I noticed my waistline definitely slimming down, but I do have a little more work to do. I have to lose 1.75 lbs in the next 2 weeks. It is definitely doable as long as I don't hit any plateau. I do notice my stomach fat is loose which indicates that it will go soon. My goal for the remainder of the cut is to lose 1 pound per week. So next week's goal is 158 lbs. I will continue to try to up the cardio intensity to make sure I reach my goals. Looking back at this years cut I am absolutely happy with my decision to do it, I feel much better at the current weight I am at. The next 2 weeks will be the extra buffer of loss I will need for the year.

Week 6 - Day 38 - 159.25 lbs.

adrian312
02-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Weekly weigh in update: Today I weighed in at 158 lbs. even, a solid 1.25 pound loss from last week, reaching my expected weekly weight loss goal. I was pretty confident going in today that I would reach it. Overall my waistline decreased this week, as well as my arms and chest leaned up this week. I stuck to the same program with a single cheat meal on the weekend. I have 1 more week to go to reach my target weight of 157 lbs. Looking back at last year's cut I am literally neck and neck. Goal for next week is 1 more pound, down to 157 lbs. Very achievable, only worry is potentially plateauing. I do feel great at this weight, and another pound will be even better.

adrian312
02-24-2016, 10:19 PM
I am please to report that for my final weigh in I came in at a solid 156 lbs! I beat my goal of 157 lbs for this years cut. All along I was doing better than last years cut...I am very pleased on how my cut turned out this year. I am going to continue to eat clean for the most part and cheat when I feel like it. Personally I feel like I could even drop a few more pounds and look better but I am going to end it here, I will attempt to do a BF reading soon...My abs are visible and chest/arms are much more lean. Abs could be better if I dropped another 3 pounds probably. Anyhow I am signing off for this years successful cut, see you next year!

Week 8 - Day 52 - 156 lbs.

adrian312
01-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone, I am back for my 2017 cut! This year's cut won't be so bad and I'll explain in a sec. In 2016, at the end of August I ended up doing a "mini" cut, I wasn't feeling the greatest and I did about a 4 week or so cut, and got back to my normal weight then I like to be at. That went from about Aug-Sept. Good news is I haven't gained much back since then. Since that cut I also increased my cardio days to 3 days a week, I think that definitely helped me keep off the excessive gains. I weighed myself day 1 at 163, and yesterday (Wednesday) for my weekly weigh in, I came in at 161.5, so definately not too much work to get to 157 lbs. I started the diet Jan 3rd. I am guessing it will take 4 weeks of dieting to my target weight of 157. Same strategy as always, 1 cheat meal a week, and clean diet all week otherwise. No nonsense simple diet.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 163 lbs.
Week 1 - Day 2 - 161.5 lbs.

adrian312
01-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Good news today for my weekly weigh in. Weighed in at 159.5. I noticed the scale hovering between 159-160, so just set decided on the middle. Now that we are a solid week in, I expect all the water weight to be gone, and the real weight loss to occur. This week was fairly straightforward and easy, 1 cheat meal, rest was a breeze. Going to continue as is. Next weeks goal is 1 lb loss. In parallel to this program, I am also doing a side challenge, which is to try to hit 100 push ups consecutively. Last year I was able to do 68 push ups in a row without training for it. So after my weight training program I am doing a quick training for the push ups. I'll conclude that challenge at the end of my cut as well.

Week 2 - Day 9 - 159.5 lbs.

adrian312
01-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Weekly weigh in update. Great news, weighed in today at 158 lbs. I am not too far off from my goal of 157. The scale was acting up and sometimes was reading slightly above 158, but it was close enough to the 158 number where I am recording it as such. So a little over 2 weeks in and I am almost there, my mini cut from last year definitely. I am still mentally shooting for another 2 weeks of the cut. I very well may plateau next week so I need to keep up the intensity in cardio and hopefully I'll make some progress. I noticed my stomach definitely slimming down, and arms leaning up. Stomach has some weight to lose though. I'll stick to my same program and cheat once this weekend. Based on next weeks results and visual inspection I'll determine for sure how long this cut will go for.

Week 3 - Day 16 - 158 lbs.

adrian312
01-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Weekly weigh in update. Came in today at about 157.5, just shy of my target goal. The scale was really hovering back and forth so it could have gone either way. Mentally I am prepared to go another week of cutting. I firmly believe I will meet or exceed my target by next Wednesday. I definitely see good visual improvements in chest, arms, but a little more could be lost. My stomach could firm up a bit so I am hoping this week will get me to where I want to be.

Week 4 - Day 23 - 157.5 lbs.

adrian312
02-01-2017, 12:03 PM
So today was my weekly weigh in, and happy to say that I came in at 156, beating my target of 157. I feel great and slimmed down significantly in the waist and chest. My arms are more lean and overall aesthetics are better. This past weekend I didn't actually do a cheat meal due to being busy with stuff, but yesterday I did have a dessert and nachos. I did weigh myself yesterday as well, and came in a little lower hovering at 155-156. So I think that 156 is with the extra water weight.

Anyhow, that extra week really helped. Maybe I will consider my new yearly target to by 156. This year's cut was fairly easy with just a little more than 4 weeks. I will think that over. Again I probably won't update here until next year but I may or may not do a mid year cut again just to stay balanced. Till next time.

Week 4 - Day 23 - 157.5 lbs.
Week 5 - Day 30 - 156 lbs.

adrian312
01-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Here we go for my 2018 kick of cut! In 2017 I did a cut in the beginning of the year, and again in August of 2017. I seem to have been following that pattern, as I have been gaining more then I want midway through the year. I am glad I did do the midway cut last year since I definitely gained more weight then I wished to. The past 2 weeks I've been pretty sick, and I think I am holding a decent amount of water weight. I did my 1st day weigh in at 167 lbs, which is heavier then I expected. Still not feeling great, but I will try to push through my workouts. I will update my weekly weigh ins on Wednesdays as usual. I also am expected another child any day now, so I am on standby for delivery, but I am going to do my best to stick do the diet during that time with pre-prepared meals, etc..

adrian312
01-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Weekly weight in today came at a very modest 166 lbs. Obviously it was just water weight, and I expect to shed a few more pounds of water weight in the coming days. I also still feel under the weather. I have a bad headache from lifting today, going to take it slightly easy. But really glad that I am on the diet at the start of the year, feeling mentally better that I am on a plan.

Week 1 - Day 2 - 166 lbs.

Pr1me
01-08-2018, 08:56 AM
You got this. Great Thread

adrian312
01-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Weekly weigh in update. So I came in at 165 lbs. A 1 pound loss from last week. I have to say I am a bit disappointing with the results, I thought that I would have lost a little bit more. I stuck to my diet 100%, without a cheat meal this past week. Been busy with family, had a new child born last week. So maybe the hectic nature of the week and lack of sleep could have impacted results. Also the veggies I've been eating was cooked in oils, so it may also be impacting. I still am losing weight, albeit slowly. I do feel better. The start however is slower then previous cuts. I'll evaluate next week before making further conclusions. Till next time...

Week 2 - Day 9 - 165 lbs.

adrian312
01-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Weekly weigh in update: Weighed in at 163.5 lbs. So in 2 weeks I am down 3.5 pounds. Again a little slower loss then expected, but any progress is good progress. Right now I am sticking to the same routine, and won't change anything drastic. I think I'll have to go at least another 4 weeks to hit my goal f 157 lbs. Goal for next week is 1 pound loss. Diet has been pretty easy to follow and I haven't had any major urges for cheat meals. Next update is next week.

Week 3 - Day 16 - 163.5 lbs.

caca_man
01-19-2018, 10:52 AM
Awesome Job dude!

adrian312
01-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Weigh in Wednesday update: Weighed in at 163 lbs on the dot today. I have been using different scales week to week so there may be some variance in consistency. I did lose .5 pounds, but was shy of my target of 1 pound. I am slightly disappointed, but all news isn't bad. Visually, I noticed I am looking more lean overall, and my stomach feels like it lose some as my pants are getting looser. I am still targeting my 157 pound goal, I am wondering if over the years though my muscle mass increased, because at 163 lbs a couple of years ago I don't think I look as lean as I do now. I may have to adjust target weight based on BF readings in a few weeks. But I do know I need to do a minimum of 3 more weeks in order for me to get even close to my target. Its longer then I wanted, but 3 weeks is still not too bad.

Week 4 - Day 23 - 163 lbs.

adrian312
01-31-2018, 11:58 AM
I weighed in today during my weekly weigh in around 162.5, scale was actually hovering between 162/63 but so I'll register it halfway. My scale weight is only down .5 lbs this week. I am glad I lost something, but I expected more. I do see visual differences in my arms, chest and stomach. So I am happy with the visual improvements, but not so happy with the weight. This year has been definitely a slow down in week to week progress. I am sticking to 1 cheat meal a week. But the last 3 cheatmeals in a row for the past 3 weeks were all cheesesteaks. I think going forward, I will cut out the cheesesteaks for the cheats as I think they are hurting my progress, and I tend to retain water from them. Right now I have scheduled 2 weeks left in the cut, and there is no way I will reach 157 in 2 weeks. I will still target 2 weeks and see what scale weight I am at, and BF%. If I feel I need to do 1 more week, then I will make that decision at that time. Next week goal is another 1 pound loss.

Week 5 - Day 30 - 162.5 lbs.

adrian312
02-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Another update for the week. Weighed in today exactly at the same weight as last week, 162.5 lbs. Disappointing with the scale weight, but I have been happy with the visual improvements this week. Skin seems to be tightening up. This years cut has been very different in terms of progress from what I am used to. I have never been this high of a scale weight this far in the cut. I also visually feel that I have improved a lot. So I checked my BF% today, and it came out to 11.9%. I normally end my cuts hovering around 11%. But that is when I would end at scale weight of 157 lbs. I did some basic calculations, and to get to 11% BF, I would have to lose 2 pounds of fat. So I can safely assume if I hit 160 lbs, I would be at 11%. (2 pounds fat, and .5 pound muscle loss). This indicates to me that I have gained muscle mass in the past year. So I may need to adjust targets in the future to be at scale weight of 160 lbs. at the end of the cut.

Other differences this year is 1 day a week I do this "boot" camp style workout, which is high intensity, in replacement of my HIIT. I feel like it has been a very high intensity workout, but its different from what I have done in the past. Also my sleep has been disturbed this past month because I just had a new baby, he wakes us up a lot at night, so it effects me sleep. Lastly, the veggies I have been eating have been cooked in oil, versus boiled, so that may have an impact.

The target for my cut was to end next week, the 14th. I don't think I will be able to successfully reach 11% BF or 160 lbs in a week, but who knows, maybe it will be possible. I will still target next week to end the cut, but may extend a maximum of another week. 2 weeks drop dead date. I am very interested to see how my numbers come out at the end.

Week 6 - Day 37 - 162.5 lbs.

adrian312
02-14-2018, 02:16 PM
Another weekly weigh in today, and came on once again at 162.5. I am still pretty surprised I have been weighing in at the same weight pretty much every week for the last few weeks. Visually, I have improved since last week.
My stomach, arms have leaned up quite a bit. This year major differences in my cut: I did "boot" camp style cardio 1 day a week, which included kickboxing, sparring, core, jump rope circuit type training. I also ate more "cooked veggies that were cooked in oil. I still overall feel great, but just my scale weight isn't where I wanted to be at. I am going to go another 2 days until Friday, and re-check my weight, and decide from there whether I will continue until next Wednesday or just end this week. I am also going to check my bodyfat percentage and see where I am at. My guess if I want to have any significant losses I will definately have to decrease caloric intake slightly, as what I am doing has been keeping me at the current weight. Also, it was my birthday this past week, and I cheated 1 time during the week in addition to the regular cheat day. Wife wanted to take me out, so I couldn't refuse that.

Week 7 - Day 44 - 162.5 lbs.

adrian312
02-16-2018, 08:36 PM
Random update post week 7 weigh in. I weighed in today (Friday) at 161 lbs. I am 50/50 on whether to continue this until next Wednesday. I'll feel it out this weekend, and decide from there. I do feel like I may be losing a little more fat, so I might just stick it out these next couple of days. Target was 160, by next Wednesday, if I continue the cut, I am pretty sure I can get there. I'll post an update next week as the final post of this years cut.

Week 7 - Day 44 - 162.5 lbs.
Week 7 - Day 46 - 161 lbs.

adrian312
12-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone, so another year has went by and I am so ready for a new cut. It's not 2019 quite yet, but since it's Monday I am starting my cut today. This past year has been overall good, but the 1-2 months I think I ate too many desserts, and pizza, and it showed with my initial weight in at 173 lbs. I was pretty surprised as visually I don't feel like I look that weight. The first year I started doing these cuts, I was at 174 at the starting weight. But now I look a lot better at the same scale weight. I am not saying I am happy with how I look, but definitely I have backed on several pounds of muscle since 2006. This year my target will be 160 lbs even, and I am anticipating the cut to last 8 weeks. This year I am going to cut out sugar in my daily coffee, and try to eat cleaner veggies (not cooked in oil). Cheat meal once a week (Saturdays), and everything else 100% strict. Will do my normal weigh ins every Wednesday.

Week 1 - Day 1 - 173 lbs.

adrian312
01-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Just a quick update, I am in day 3 of my cut and today is weigh in Wednesday. I am down 2 lbs, and clocked in at 171 lbs. Of course that is just water weight, so now the real work begins. Mentally feeling good now that I am on my way . Goal for next week is minimum 1 pound loss. To reach my target in 8 weeks however, I need to lose an average of 1.5 lbs a weekly.

Week 1 - Day 3 - 171 lbs.

adrian312
01-09-2019, 11:09 AM
So today is weigh in Wednesday. I weighed in at 170 lbs, which is a 1 lb loss from last week. Overall I am feeling good, and noticing some small differences in the tightness of my chest. It’s only 1 lb. but it met my goal for the week. Next weeks goal is 1 lb., I am pretty confident I will have no problem with that.

Week 2 - Day 10 - 170 lbs.

adrian312
01-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Weigh in Wednesday! So I am happy to report I weighed in a 168 lbs, a 2 lbs drop from last week. I was strict with my diet, with my standard planned cheat meal on the weekend. I am overall happy with my visual progress, my stomach is feeling slimmer and I have leaned up a bit in the chest area. I do have to average 1.4 lbs loss per week in order to meet my target, so this helps up the average, as I know there may be a week or 2 where I may plateau. Goal for next week is a 1 lb loss. I do feel good but I know I have some work to do to be where I want to be.

Week 3 - Day 17 - 168 lbs.

adrian312
01-23-2019, 11:24 AM
So here's my weekly weigh in update. Unfortunately today I weighed in at the same weight as last week, no change at 168 lbs. I had a feeling that I might not see any progress as I didn't feel any significant change in my weight. I did do one cheat meal this week as usual. The plan for the upcoming week is to train harder with the cardio, and have more steamed vegetables versus cooked with oil. Looking at previous cuts however, I do tend to plateau around the 3 week mark, so nothing to be terribly alarmed about. I will just stick to this plan and have a goal of a 2 lbs loss for next week. Right now my estimated remaining cut is 5 weeks, which means I need to lose 1.6 lbs a week in order to reach the target. This year I also will be checking my body fat percentage when I reach the low 160's to see really where I am at in terms of bf percentage. 11% is really where I would like to end the cut at ideally.

Week 3 - Day 24 - 168 lbs.

adrian312
01-30-2019, 01:20 PM
So good news and bad news for my weekly weigh in update. I lost 1 lb from last week, which is the good news. The bad news is I didn't meet my week goal of 2 lbs. I do feel good in terms on how my aesthetics are looking, my arms are leaning up, chest, and stomach slimmed down visually, and I can especially notice when wearing my pants. I do know I still have some ways to go to shed weight off my stomach. I have exactly 4 weeks left in my stomach, and to reach my goal if 160 at this point is going to be very difficult, so I think I might have to adjust my target weight again. I do feel that my body composition is evolving as I age and gain muscle. I am turning 38 next month, and think I need to evolve in terms of my target weight. For the longest time I targeted 157 lbs, then I moved it to 160. Maybe 162 is the "right" weight for me. I'll have to wait and see a couple of weeks to see visually how I look and feel. I still have that bf check that I need to do, but I will wait until about 2-3 more weeks for that. But regardless I am feeling a lot healthier and my overall well being is better, which is a very important part of this whole process. Anyhow, next week the grind is still on, 1 lb target weight loss goal.

Week 4 - Day 31 - 167 lbs.

adrian312
02-06-2019, 11:59 AM
So some very good news this week. Weighed in today at 163 lbs, which is a solid 4 lbs loss from last week. So that weight loss in a week is unprecedented for me. But here's the catch, on Sunday, I had a terrible stomach bug, and was sick for like 1-2 days, I barely had anything to eat, was just eating a few bananas, soft rice, and Gatorade. But hey, I'll take it. I can definitely tell my waistline has reduced significantly, and I am just feeling overall better as I go through the cut. I have 3 weeks left in the cut, and now that 160 lbs goal seems in reach. I will continue to do what I am doing, eat clean, and workout hard. I do feel it would be good to have those extra couple of pounds shed.

Week 5 - Day 38 - 163 lbs.

adrian312
02-13-2019, 11:34 AM
So another weigh in update. I am happy to report another 1 lb loss this week, bringing me down to 162 lbs. Overall I am very happy on how my cut is going. Stomach slimmed down quite a bit and I am just looking leaner overall. I have 2 weeks to go exactly before the 8 week mark (8 weeks and 2 days to be exact). I am hoping these next 2 weeks will get me to that 160 lbs sweet spot. Will continue working hard in the gym and keep a clean diet minus my weekly cheat meal.

Week 6 - Day 45 - 162 lbs.

adrian312
02-20-2019, 11:59 AM
So a suprising weigh in this week at 163 lbs, which is a 1 lb increase actually from last week. I don't think that has ever happened to me before (except 1 time where I did a cheat meal like a day or 2 before). Only explanation I have is I may be retaining some water weight. I did only 1 cheat meal this week as usual on Saturday. I did start also adding a little bit of sugar in my daily coffee, so that COULD have contributed as well. Nevertheless, I am very pleased still how I look visually. I do think a little slimming down in the waist is still possible. I have 1 more week left in the cut, and I'll be happy with whatever the final weigh in is. Ideally 160, but I think realistically I could fall at 161 lbs. .

Week 7 - Day 52 - 163 lbs.

adrian312
02-27-2019, 01:03 PM
So my final weigh today, which is day 59 of my cut. I weighed in today at 161 lbs exactly. My target was 160, so I came very close. I think i'll probably still eat clean until the end of the week and then weigh myself again. 12 lbs of weight loss, I am very happy with this years cut. I feel much better, my stomach feels better, and visually look much better. I think a few more pounds from my stomach could be shed, but I think in the next 1-2 weeks as my skin adjusts I should continue to see visual improvements. I really enjoyed this years cut even though it was 8 weeks, it didn't feel like a burden. I am going to work on continuing to eat clean during the week, and relax the diet during the weekends. My hope is I won't get to the low 170's again for next years cut, I was disappointing in starting that high this year. Anyhow signing off for now, have a great year!

Week 7 - Day 52 - 163 lbs.
Week 8 - Day 59 - 161 lbs.