http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4769604.stm

(Listen to the audio as well)

saz_
03-03-2006, 04:35 AM
I'll post some quotes soon...

EXCELLENT report!

Memnoch
03-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Force feeding is awful, it's what they did to the "iron jawed angels" when they went on hunger strikes for womens rights.

Actually learning what happens when you starve yourself and have to be ff is pretty graphic.

http://www.faluninfo.net/torturemethods2/force-feeding/

Good read the bbc article.

4amWorkouts
03-03-2006, 07:59 AM
So is the US wrong for keeping them alive? Does this clown think the US should have let them die? Isn't allowing someone to wither away and die from starvation and dehydration more inhuman than force-feeding them? Of course, this is all hearsay...

This guy reminds me of the prisoners who scream that a lack of cable TV is cruel and unusual...

saz_
03-03-2006, 08:04 AM
I think you skipped over the part where he claims how brutally they 'fed' him...

Was that an intentional oversight?

pachovia
03-03-2006, 08:09 AM
FAK them feed those dirt bags dog food then hang them all.

4amWorkouts
03-03-2006, 08:13 AM
I think you skipped over the part where he claims how brutally they 'fed' him...

Was that an intentional oversight?

"He told how detainees were given "formulas" to force them to empty their bowels and were strapped to a metal chair three times a day, where a tube was inserted to administer food."

How else are you going to feed someone who doesn't want to eat? With a sling shot?

Now, should the US have ignored them in their stupidity and allowed them to carry out their wishes of dieing of starvation and dehydration? I would bet that if the US had allowed these idiots to die, you would still be screaming torture.

freedom fighter
03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
"He told how detainees were given "formulas" to force them to empty their bowels and were strapped to a metal chair three times a day, where a tube was inserted to administer food."

How else are you going to feed someone who doesn't want to eat? With a sling shot?

Now, should the US have ignored them in their stupidity and allowed them to carry out their wishes of dieing of starvation and dehydration? I would bet that if the US had allowed these idiots to die, you would still be screaming torture.

Why not let them die,there terrorists right and who would know since the only reports from inside guanatanamo come from the ones freed
But why are they on hungry strike cos theres no cable tv?

IceDragon
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
So they refused to eat? Oh well, what a pity. :rolleyes:

Being force-fed is torture is it? Dammit, here was I thinking that ripping out nails and teeth was, that using instruments like the "Pear" was, or skinning them alive was...

Who gives a ****? They're trying to keep them alive.

Tank2000
03-03-2006, 10:42 AM
People who are anorexic and hospitalized are given feeding tube, I'm sure the conditions are very different, but still, not exactly comes to mind when I hear the word "torture"

IceDragon
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
People who are anorexic and hospitalized are given feeding tube, I'm sure the conditions are very different, but still, not exactly comes to mind when I hear the word "torture"
No, that's different, they aren't "prisoners." :rolleyes:

Sure, like they want to be held in medical institutes till they start to eat again...

saz_
03-04-2006, 07:42 AM
bump

Revolver45
03-04-2006, 08:51 AM
They let the guys starve - you say they're murderers, they feed them - they're torturers. Such a hypocritical point of view. As far as I'm concerned the dirtbags are lucky to be alive and if there was any justice they wouldn't be.

4amWorkouts
03-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Why not let them die,there terrorists right and who would know since the only reports from inside guanatanamo come from the ones freed
But why are they on hungry strike cos theres no cable tv?

Two different points. The first is, I agree with you that we shold let them die. The irony is that the people who are saying that the US is being cruel by keeping them alive are also the ones crying because we let them starve themselves to death.

Second, these terroists are not on hunger strike for cable tv. Cable tv was an example that I was using to show how idiotic prisoners can be. In the US, prisoners, via the ACLU petitioned the courts on the basis on their not having cable tv in prison constituted cruel and unusual punishment - and they won!

Power-Quest
03-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I hear all the time people go on hunger strikes but then they give up and eat adventually , the will to live is to strong in my opinion/i don't think i would be able to do it.

To name a few that have went on hunger strikes.

Saddam Hussein
Al sharpton
Gary Gilmore
Gandhi
Akbar Ganji

ElMariachi
03-04-2006, 09:39 AM
LOL.....I can imagine the exchange! :)

Interrogator: "WE HAVE WAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK, NOW WILL YOU TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW?"

Prisoner: NO, NEVER INFIDEL, DO YOUR WORST!

Interrogator(To Assistant):ALRIGHT, HE ASKED FOR IT, I'M GONNA NEED A BOWL, A CAN OPENER AND A FAMILY-SIZED CAN OF CHEY BOYARDEE, ITS ON NOW!

To Prisoner: IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, WE'RE GOING TO GET THE SPAM!

Prisoner:NO ANYTHING BUT THAT, NOT.....THE SPAM! YOU VILE BASTARD!

Snoopis
03-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Interrogator: "WE HAVE WAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK, NOW WILL YOU TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW?"

Interrogator(To Assistant):ALRIGHT, HE ASKED FOR IT, I'M GONNA NEED A BOWL, A CAN OPENER AND A FAMILY-SIZED CAN OF CHEY BOYARDEE, ITS ON NOW!

Franks and beans! Franks and beans!

4amWorkouts
03-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Franks and beans! Franks and beans!

Pork chops!

Vargas
03-04-2006, 11:31 AM

To Prisoner: IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, WE'RE GOING TO GET THE SPAM!

Prisoner:NO ANYTHING BUT THAT, NOT.....THE SPAM! YOU VILE BASTARD!

You tell'em El Mariachi!

affy
03-04-2006, 11:34 AM
wow that pissed me off...they should cut off his nuts and boil them and force feed him that ****...and then proceed to tell him

"how do like dem apples?"

affy
03-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I hear all the time people go on hunger strikes but then they give up and eat adventually , the will to live is to strong in my opinion/i don't think i would be able to do it.

To name a few that have went on hunger strikes.

Saddam Hussein
Al sharpton
Gary Gilmore
Gandhi
Akbar Ganji

your telling me Al sharptons mr. potato ass went on a hunger strike? its the end of world i tell you

ElMariachi
03-04-2006, 11:51 AM
your telling me Al sharptons mr. potato ass went on a hunger strike? its the end of world i tell you

Possibly the world's shortest-lived hunger strike? Maybe he meant he would only eat when he was hungry? :)

When Gandhi went on a hunger strike/fast, that was something to be seen, a marvel. He would go on a long fast, and then proceed to walk from village to village for hundreds of miles in the brutal heat, and yet he never appeared to falter nor stumble, people were amazed by this guy's strength. If Gandhi had been aggressive, he would have made a top-notch UFC fighter, the guy was tough and strong beyond belief, just an amazing individual, period.

n1rv4n4
03-04-2006, 12:12 PM
OMFG! You mean these terrible American soldiers FED A MAN? What a TRAVESTY! :rolleyes:

affy
03-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Possibly the world's shortest-lived hunger strike? Maybe he meant he would only eat when he was hungry? :)

When Gandhi went on a hunger strike/fast, that was something to be seen, a marvel. He would go on a long fast, and then proceed to walk from village to village for hundreds of miles in the brutal heat, and yet he never appeared to falter nor stumble, people were amazed by this guy's strength. If Gandhi had been aggressive, he would have made a top-notch UFC fighter, the guy was tough and strong beyond belief, just an amazing individual, period.

i agree..Gandhi really was something. The patience and will power that man had hasn't been matched yet, and i don't think anyone ever will

n1rv4n4
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
i agree..Gandhi really was something. The patience and will power that man had hasn't been matched yet, and i don't think anyone ever will

Yeah I know, what a great man, he used to read the Sermon on the Mount and the Bhagavad Gita everyday for strength. Muslims take note, isn't it a marvel the sort of selfless altruism that true faith can inspire a person to do?

majortrepak
03-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Why not let them die.
Its our legal duty to keep them alive if we can.
Its irrelevant why they are on a hunger strike.

xer0xed
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
If they would have been allowed to die, the uproar would be even worse.

Ironic.

A & B
03-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Come on, of course they torture people. That's why they're not keeping these people within the boundaries of US soil.

It's just willfully ignorant to believe that the US doesn't use extrajudicial measures. Other nations do it, obviously, how do you all think the US maintain's it's hegemony? By being nice?

I'm not arguing it's right, wrong, justified or unjustified... but we should just all wake up and accept that it happens.

Diesel66
03-04-2006, 07:19 PM
That's why they're not keeping these people within the boundaries of US soil.

Where do you people get that idea ? We have a permanent lease on the land, US laws are in force on that land.

ElMariachi
03-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Come on, of course they torture people. That's why they're not keeping these people within the boundaries of US soil.

That is technically US land and American lands are enforced there. The reason why they chose that particular location couldn't have ANYTHING to do with the possibility of some terrorists escaping and going on a rampage in mainland America could it?????

A & B
03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
That is technically US land and American lands are enforced there. The reason why they chose that particular location couldn't have ANYTHING to do with the possibility of some terrorists escaping and going on a rampage in mainland America could it?????

Oh please... that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You guys make me laugh. Do you all really think that the US is the only player in the world that doesn't rough people up behind closed doors?

Diesel66
03-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh please... that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You guys make me laugh. Do you all really think that the US is the only player in the world that doesn't rough people up behind closed doors?
Find proof, but dont claim GITMO is not under US law. All our bases, territories, embassies and ships around the world are under US law.

MantisShrimp
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Torture has been around for as long as mankind and there is a reason...it is an effective military tool...only a nation with a comfortable amount of military slack can afford to let the lords of political correctness swoop down on their own military and threaten to disable and destabilize their own "secret bag of tricks" which is as old as time...only an empire with campaigns and "police actions" instead of actual struggles for survival can afford to forget that the goal of war is to WIN...and certainly our enemies have not forgotten this because they fight their wars for higher stakes than we do.

A & B
03-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Find proof, but dont claim GITMO is not under US law. All our bases, territories, embassies and ships around the world are under US law.

Mabye you're right on this, I don't know, but I don't care either.

If you really believe that the US, the hegemon of this world, is the only nation that doesn't use backroom hush hush tactics when it suits them, that is quintessentially naive.

It's just common sense. It's not a matter of whether it's right or wrong, but these things happen in the real world. You can accept reality, or live in the bubble that America is always righteous and good.

ElMariachi
03-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Mabye you're right on this, I don't know, but I don't care either.

If you really believe that the US, the hegemon of this world, is the only nation that doesn't use backroom hush hush tactics when it suits them, that is quintessentially naive.

It's just common sense. It's not a matter of whether it's right or wrong, but these things happen in the real world. You can accept reality, or live in the bubble that America is always righteous and good.

Yes but you can also leap to unsubstantiated conclusions, which is the very thing most Muslims accuse Americans of doing of in the first, so in that scenario its a very bad thing, but otherwise its perfectly acceptable to slander our military, to attack those who jobs are solely to protect us, without whom this country wouldn't stand a fighting chance of survival, period.

Find me some proof, otherwise its baseless conjecture and you're the one spinning off yarns, expecting people to believe the absolute worst of our military, but of couse coming from you, thats hardly surprising, you're an honorary, card-carrying member of the Blame-America-First crowd.

A & B
03-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes but you can also leap to unsubstantiated conclusions, which is the very thing most Muslims accuse Americans of doing of in the first, so in that scenario its a very bad thing, but otherwise its perfectly acceptable to slander our military, to attack those who jobs are solely to protect us, without whom this country wouldn't stand a fighting chance of survival, period.

Find me some proof, otherwise its baseless conjecture and you're the one spinning off yarns, expecting people to believe the absolute worst of our military, but of couse coming from you, thats hardly surprising, you're an honorary, card-carrying member of the Blame-America-First crowd.

You need to understand what I'm really saying here. I think you are making assumptions about me, so I'll be very clear.

I am not saying torture is wrong or unjustified.
I am not saying that other nations aren't far worse in using torture.
I am not "blaming" America, I am not blaming anybody.
I am not "slandering" the US military.
I am not "believ[ing] the absolute worst" of the US military.

I am being real. I live on planet earth. You know, that place where humans do ****ed up stuff to each other all the time?

Since the beginings of human conflict, torture has been used, for thousands of years. By every polity and every nation state that has had the means and the will. All over the world, there are nations who torture people on a daily basis, on a far wider and more brutal scale than the US does now.

But... To believe that the US, which is right now by the admission of the government at war with "terror", has risen above all historical precedents, is naive and willfully ignorant. It's just common sense. Sometimes somebody knows something that he doesn't want to tell you, and the only way to get it out of him is to rough him up behind closed doors. The US tortured the living **** out of hundreds or thousands of people in Vietnam, so it's not as though there's no precedent here.

But if you really believe that the most powerful nation in the world, who has gained that position through force of arms, has suddenly and very recently, risen above fundamental under-the-table type activities, you are only deluding yourself.

Diesel66
03-05-2006, 04:00 AM
Mabye you're right on this, I don't know, but I don't care either. Yet you present it as "proof" of torture ?

Why would they use it, torture is useless for intel gathering. Read the McCain interview, he gave them names when tortured but it was the lineup for a football team.

Derek0783
03-05-2006, 04:28 AM
Devistating torture on our land.....

http://www.killsometime.com/Pictures/Picture.asp?ID=307

If anyone wants to do some photoshop...i'm not forcing you to ;)

xer0xed
03-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Devistating torture on our land.....

http://www.killsometime.com/Pictures/Picture.asp?ID=307

If anyone wants to do some photoshop...i'm not forcing you to ;)

rofl

Entz
03-05-2006, 10:43 AM
You guys are missing the point. The conditions there are so bad they want to kill themselves. And when they won't let them kill themselves. IF thats not torture I don't know what is. Not to mention that some of those guys are completely innocent.

A & B
03-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Yet you present it as "proof" of torture ?
Why would they use it, torture is useless for intel gathering. Read the McCain interview, he gave them names when tortured but it was the lineup for a football team.

I wasn't using anything as proof for anything. That's your misinterpretation of my words.

Look, you appear set in your ways, so I'm not going to bother anymore. I'll only say that to believe that America stands alone, especially considering today's circumstances and US hegemony, is naive at best. Believe it or not, America does bad things behind closed doors too.