PDA

View Full Version : Question About Rapid Weight Loss

Killer247
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey guys, ive been looking at the forum and reading and I have been wondering if there is a way to loose about 20lbs in a month, some diets and routines. Is it possible, and If so can you please post. I'm willing to do anything. Plus my metabolism should be good because I am 17 and I am 5'10 220lbs I want to get to like 185-190 but trying to get there quick. So if you guys can help me out please post. If you have a guarenteed method than I am even willing to pay. (BUt it has to be day by day steps. Thank You :-)

StrongEnough?
03-03-2006, 05:45 AM
Hey guys, ive been looking at the forum and reading and I have been wondering if there is a way to loose about 20lbs in a month, some diets and routines. Is it possible, and If so can you please post. I'm willing to do anything. Plus my metabolism should be good because I am 17 and I am 5'10 220lbs I want to get to like 185-190 but trying to get there quick. So if you guys can help me out please post. If you have a guarenteed method than I am even willing to pay. (BUt it has to be day by day steps. Thank You :-)

There is no "fast" in this process. Sure, you can drop that much weight in a month. You're going to have to starve yourself, and have to do crazy amounts of cardio. This will come with a price..... MUSCLE LOSS! The 20lbs will probably be maybe 3-4lbs of fat. The rest will be water weight, and muscle. So, in the end, you'll still look fat.

I take it you have some place to go, or are trying to look good for something. I then ask you this.... why did you wait so long?

If you want to do this the right way, read the below.

5-6 meals a day
eat every 2-3 hours
eat the same amount of Protein, Carbs, Fats (EFA's) IN EVERY MEAL!!!!!!! (This isn't nessessary, but a starters concept. There are some meals where I have no carbs at all)
7+ hours of sleep
Tons of water!

How much calories to take in?????
Click on the first link. Take that number, and multiply is by one of the 5 selection of your daily activities on the second link. Once you have this number (Maintenance level), subtract 500 from that number when Cutting, and increase by 500 when Bulking.

Example : BMR = 2000, Activity level = 4, 2000x 1.725 = 3450 - 500 = 2950. This is what you should start your calories at. Seem high? These will drop as you lose more weight.

1st link ---- >http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
2nd link ---- >http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

Protein : Poultry, fish, red meat, cottage cheese, Whey, eggs
Carbs : Whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread (100%, but be careful with store bought bread. Almost all Store bought bread contains HFCS. Look into ezekial bread). brown rice, rolled or steel oats, fruit
Fats: Olive oil, fish oil, flax oil, nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts), almond and peanut butter (all natural)

Want to know about the different types of fat, and which ones are Good/Bad? --->http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats.html

Dairy: Fat free yogurt, skim milk, fat free cottage cheese, or soy milk

EAT YOUR VEGGIES! (They're low calorie/carb yes... but have you look at what minerals are in them????)

Pre-workout Meals: 60-90 minutes before workout
Post-workout Meals: Within 45 minutes after lifting (Get a High GI carb, and a fast source of protein like Whey)

Cardio : 4-5 days a week, 1 hour tops (for cutting)
1-2 days a week, 1 hour tops (for bulking)

**The 1 hour tops doesn't mean you have to do 1 hour every sessions. I personally keep it between 40-50 minutes, sometimes I'll only do 30. I just see so many people doing 90 minute sessions and don't realize that it's too much**

Lift Heavy!!! 3-4 days a week! Do not train the same muscle group every day, or every other day. Allow a good 48 to 72 hours rest before training that muscle group again. Keep reps between 8-10 range, 3-4 sets. This doesn't include a warm up set. Make sure the muscle group is nice and warm before hitting it hard. And let go of your ego. Don't stand there and curl 90lbs, or try benching 300 if you can't. Lower the weight, practice good form, and in time the gains will come. Don't worry about what the "other" guys are doing.

Once a week, enjoy a cheat meal (that's meal, not day)

Drink water, but not over doing it. Drink when you're thristy! Too much water will flush your electrolytes, and you'll feel/look like ****!
Don't know what Electrolytes are? Read here --- >http://science.howstuffworks.com/question565.htm
http://www.medicinenet.com/electrolytes/article.htm

Remember, you're not only doing this to look great, have washboard abs, and 18inch guns, but to be in great shape and very healthy. Eat Clean, Lift heavy. This is a lifestyle change, not a destination.

http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/recipes.htm <----The place for some great meals. Compliments of SpyTechsWife!

Killer247
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Very good information. Pretty much said it all. Liking the recipies also. Thanks man. PM me if you want the donation this deffintley deserves it. By the way. how long did it take you to loose the 80 lbs?

One again thanks

STLRAMS2006
03-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I lost 15 pounds in a very unhealthy manner in about 3 weeks. It was only a few weeks ago when wrestling was still going on. Suprisingly, I didn't lose that much muscle, but my metabolism was absolutely shot.

I do not recommend quick/fast wieght loss at all!

robertk232
03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
A friend of mine from my dorm last year told me how in high school he was a wrestler and when he had to lose weight he would wear a sweatsuit, then go into the sauna and do pushups till he passed out. I don't reccomend that.

LightCrow
03-03-2006, 08:41 PM
A friend of mine from my dorm last year told me how in high school he was a wrestler and when he had to lose weight he would wear a sweatsuit, then go into the sauna and do pushups till he passed out. I don't reccomend that.

That's a great way to lose weight in just a few hours. The only problem is that once you drink any water you'll gain the weight right back.

utahboy
03-04-2006, 03:34 AM
wow 20 is a lot, if it takes 3500 it calories to lose one pound that mean that you need to have a Deficit of 70,000 calís in one month!

graviton
03-04-2006, 04:31 AM
wow 20 is a lot, if it takes 3500 it calories to lose one pound that mean that you need to have a Deficit of 70,000 calís in one month!

CHILL BRO thats o-d