PDA

View Full Version : Review my BULKING DIET

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
6:30am- 3 egg omlet with cheese, 3 slices of turkey bacon, 1 cup of oatmeal, Wheat bread toast and a glass of milk.(3 pills of anavol)
This also fits in as my pre workout meal since my weightlifting class is at 8 o clock in the morning.

9am(Postworkout)- Whey protein Shake and a protein bar

11am- 2 ground beef patties(or a big bowl of pasta), 2 cups of milk(1 of those with a serving of whey) and a mass-tech shake(3 pills of ANAVOL)

2:10pm- 2 can of tuna sandwhich with cheese

5:30pm- big bowl of pasta with cheese and a cup of milk

7:30pm- 2 ground beef patties, mashed potatoes and a cup of milk

any good supplements you think are really good? anny other foods i shld throw in there? any critiques are helful..thanks..Im 16 eyars old and i weigh 140 lbs. im hoping to gain as much weight as possible by end of july.

Power_Lifter88
03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Mate that diet looks pretty good for what your wanting to do, (just put on alot of size)

A few things i would add:

* Maybe have some dextrose post-workout

* Multivitamin

* Vit C

* Fish oil

* maybe some creatine/NO if you want to, ( BCS- NOS2)

Good luck though mate, looks like you have things pretty well sorted!

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-02-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks man, ive been researching and tryin for a while...glad to hear that im somewhat close..but yeah i remember reading in aboout those things u mentioned..i gonna add those into my regimen immedietly.

iceman338
03-02-2006, 07:30 PM
thanks man, ive been researching and tryin for a while...glad to hear that im somewhat close..but yeah i remember reading in aboout those things u mentioned..i gonna add those into my regimen immedietly.

4 ground-beef patties per day? THat's a lot of fatty red meat each and every day....try subbing some leaning meats, either fish/poultry or very lean cuts of beef...some red meat is fine, but that's a little overboard IMHO....

Also, is there anything in the pasta? add some chicken or something...plus, i'm thinking maybe you just left out veggies cuz it's a given, but the way it's written, u have no veggies....add veggies throughout the day too...

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-02-2006, 07:54 PM
ur definatley right on ALL the things uve said..of course ive got veggies but i was planning on subbing the grond beef with chicken or fish every day. thanks for pointting that out htough

iceman338
03-02-2006, 08:03 PM
ur definatley right on ALL the things uve said..of course ive got veggies but i was planning on subbing the grond beef with chicken or fish every day. thanks for pointting that out htough

good to hear....

blitzen25bm
03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
isn't that a lot of tuna? some people say the mercury warning is overblown but if i eat it too much regularly i do get headaches.

iceman338
03-02-2006, 09:23 PM
isn't that a lot of tuna? some people say the mercury warning is overblown but if i eat it too much regularly i do get headaches.

Yeah....2 cans/day is pushing it, but it sounds like he just put up a sample one day diet that he is going to switch up the main parts of day to day....

b18c1
03-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Damn, 2 cans daily is too much?! :(

Power_Lifter88
03-02-2006, 10:19 PM
how big are the cans?

I used to eat a 425g tin each day and i was fine....tuna is a very good cheap source of protein.

iceman338
03-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Damn, 2 cans daily is too much?! :(

Well, some people will say that is too much, others will say it's not. My suggestion is to just switch it up for other things on some days....like canned salmon, which is very good and will provide lots of healthy fats as well...or maybe chicken/turey sandwich....

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-03-2006, 01:48 PM
exactly my plan..its just a one day smaple. I think 2 cans may be a little too much so i think ill drop to 1 can and add it into a salad instead of jsut a sandwhich.

benderboy
03-03-2006, 05:44 PM
What do you mean(3 pills of anavol).Dont take that **** man ur just have 16 years old.Work hard and eat a lot that the way to go.

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-03-2006, 07:06 PM
What do you mean(3 pills of anavol).Dont take that **** man ur just have 16 years old.Work hard and eat a lot that the way to go.

i am working hard and i am eating a lot...but anavol is just my creatine type product

LMW
03-03-2006, 09:46 PM
ok the whole mercury tuna thing is complete bs,you can eat 5 cans a day and not worry about mercury,except 2 cans of tuna is like 75 grams of protein,and you eat cheese with it.your body cant absorb that much,so your waste a can of tuna.

thebarbie101
03-04-2006, 07:05 AM
just buy lunch meat in the prepackaged bags...you know what I mean?

if you eat the whole thing (and get the 98% fat free kind) it's decent

-not as cheap as tuna, but if you watch sometimes they'll go on sale for like a dollar a package

NoNameNecessary
03-04-2006, 10:04 AM
First off, the amount of mercury in tuna is a very trace amount. Over the period of an entire year, you'd have to eat about 2,000 cans of tuna in order to have any negative side effects from the mercury. Don't worry about it, that's fine.

Two, ditch the Mass-Tech. It is an overpriced supplement, and what your basically paying for is sugar. There is no more than 60 grams of protein in it, hence, you are better off making your own with whey. For an example, use:

two-three scoops whey
two cups non-fat milk
1 cup oats
1 banana
1 serving Natural Peanut Butter

That's much better and will be much more cost effective. Everything else looks fine.

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-04-2006, 11:43 AM
First off, the amount of mercury in tuna is a very trace amount. Over the period of an entire year, you'd have to eat about 2,000 cans of tuna in order to have any negative side effects from the mercury. Don't worry about it, that's fine.

Two, ditch the Mass-Tech. It is an overpriced supplement, and what your basically paying for is sugar. There is no more than 60 grams of protein in it, hence, you are better off making your own with whey. For an example, use:

two-three scoops whey
two cups non-fat milk
1 cup oats
1 banana
1 serving Natural Peanut Butter

That's much better and will be much more cost effective. Everything else looks fine.

ur right about the mass -tech...im planning on making my own shake with ur recipe. thanks.

iceman338
03-04-2006, 11:55 AM

Ya...in a year...in case you haven't noticed, people live longer than a year...and mercury (like many heavy-metals) accumulates over many years leading to detrimental effects later in life.

For example, if somebody eats (on AVERAGE) 1 can of tuna per day...(eg, 2 cans of tuna every other day or something), that's 3650 cans of tuna in 10 years....that's a lot of tuna, and a lot of mercury (and other heavy metals)....it's not something that is going to cause noticeable harm now, but can later....i don't worry about it, i just alternate with other, jsut as healthy, or healtier meats....

Flyin_Hawaiian
03-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Ya...in a year...in case you haven't noticed, people live longer than a year...and mercury (like many heavy-metals) accumulates over many years leading to detrimental effects later in life.

For example, if somebody eats (on AVERAGE) 1 can of tuna per day...(eg, 2 cans of tuna every other day or something), that's 3650 cans of tuna in 10 years....that's a lot of tuna, and a lot of mercury (and other heavy metals)....it's not something that is going to cause noticeable harm now, but can later....i don't worry about it, i just alternate with other, jsut as healthy, or healtier meats....

ya ur right, im gonna switch up the tuna with some chicken in a salad every now and then..