PDA

View Full Version : eggs

stylin_styles
01-03-2002, 07:18 AM
hey,
are eggs a good food to eat while cutting? how much protien is in an egg? For u guys who do eat em, how do u eat em? (scrambled, just egg white, raw, etc.) How many should u eat a day, when u are cutting? thanks

CrazyKid
01-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Eggs are great for cutting. Most eggs have 6-7 grams of protien in each, but when cutting you should eat the whites. I usually eat 2 full eggs, and 4-5 whites, scrambled.

stylin_styles
01-03-2002, 08:38 AM
how do u go about seperating the whites from the yoke? (how much protein is in an egg white as apposed to the whole egg). so you use up 6-7 eggs a day? do u eat them only in the morning or throughout the day? Thanks bro.

Shake
01-03-2002, 11:43 AM
6-7 gms of protein? What r they Elephant eggs (O elephants dont lay eggs)my bad.... abt 3 gms protein...the yolk is fat and cholestrol full....boil peel of the shell eat egg white throw yolk (collect the yolk's if u want and when u get really pissed at some1 put it in their heaters..smells baddd.)

BTW ************** lets u buy egg white powder :D saves a lotta time if u work study and workout

Anabolik
01-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Yes eggs are hellacious good for you ESPECIALLY when you are cutting. The american egg council or something like that has a website where you can find out nutritional facts about eggs. I remember them having 3.52 grams of protein per egg white with 17 calories. So when you are cutting eat as many eggs as your intenstines will allow because they are an awesome source of protein for calories they contain. I take em hardboiled myself because at school you can get them very easily at the cafeteria.

Happy cutting and gastrointestinal upset

The Liberator
01-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Hmm it's been some time since I read Mrs Beeton but here's how I do it...
U can separate the whites from the yolks by breaking the shell in two and tipping the yolk to and fro between the two halves of shell. The white can then be tipped out from the half not containing the yolk into a suitable receptacle.

Robert
01-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Anabolik
Yes eggs are hellacious good for you ESPECIALLY when you are cutting. The american egg council or something like that has a website where you can find out nutritional facts about eggs. I remember them having 3.52 grams of protein per egg white with 17 calories. So when you are cutting eat as many eggs as your intenstines will allow because they are an awesome source of protein for calories they contain. I take em hardboiled myself because at school you can get them very easily at the cafeteria.

Happy cutting and gastrointestinal upset

No doubt, my stomach already is burping and I have to poo

peace

CrazyKid
01-04-2002, 01:09 PM
You can buy a yold separater from any grocery store which is an easier way to separate them

Tagman
01-10-2002, 11:46 AM
I eat em every morning in a shake after my workout. Take 5 egg whites and dump em in the blender with some milk. Add chocolate syrup and blend slowly. Tastes great and a great source of protein!

Deciever
01-10-2002, 12:01 PM
tagman, i heard yur body cant digest raw eggs..it kinda is going to waste

Tagman
01-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Deceiver, Mmmmm, haven't heard that before! Maybe someone more informed can comment on that. I seem to do well with it. Where did you hear that?

Brad4321
01-12-2002, 02:23 PM
yeah i eat lots of eggs while im cutting...about 10-12 a day. 6 whites in the morning 1 yolk. and i alway eat a few hard boiled during the day... just whites.....i cook the eggs. cause they are good for cutting cause they are low in everything but protein and are filling.

Tagman
01-14-2002, 07:56 AM
For all of you that eat eggs and are wondering about the protein absorption (see reply by Deciever above), the following is from a medical doctor friend of mine.

I cannot say specifically that I know, but I've never
heard of a protein that could escape denaturation by
stomach acid, followed by degradation into smaller
peptides and amino acids by pancreatic enzymes in the
small intestine. Sounds suspicious to me. Eggs have
a biological value of 100 and are the closest to a
perfect protein source that there is, according to the
professor I had for nutrition at Texas A&M.

One criticism about egg whites that I've heard before
is that the protein called avidin binds the B vitamin
called biotin and impedes its absorption. Supposedly
there's a second protein in the yolk that keeps that
from happening. I doubt anybody ever got a vitamin
deficiency by eating egg whites in the first place,
however. I've also read from a government web site on
nutrition that about half of the protein from an egg
is in the egg white. That surprised me, because I had
thought that all the protein was in the egg white and
all the cholesterol was in the yolk.