PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Crying....

WarJuggernaut
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Im totally depressed after the horror I went threw last night.....

So I go to a Brazilian Party with one of my buddy's last night; to catch up with old friends and just hang out.

Ive been on a steady diet for about a 2 weeks.... But im talking about the perfection diet. Ive even been eating my veggies. And my training has never been so hard... so Ive lost about 10lbs.

Heres the thing... Last night I was pure pressured to eat a ton of cold cuts small sandwiches (think mini subs) I ate around 7 of them... I Couldn't control myself. But I did stay away from the alcohol and beer... and other "things." I was proud of that....

but when I woke up and decided to check my weight I was 7lbs Heavier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like crying. And ive been totally depressed today...

WHAT DID I DO!!!??? IS THE SCALE LIEING!???????? How can I avoid ever doing this again!???

PLease seriously help, this isn't a joke. Im totally depressed.

I feel like calling dominoes right now and doing the worse damage possible.

rude boy
02-10-2008, 05:41 PM
lol. been there, done that. it's all about will-power and dedication

WarJuggernaut
02-10-2008, 05:42 PM
How is that even possible tho!

I dont think I ate 7lbs of food....

I dont think I physically can eat 7 pounds of Cold cut subs.

Mickdizzle
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
water retention, you didn't gain 7 lbs. trust me.

drsogr
02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Don't worry about it man. Same thing happened to me with the super bowl party. Go work out tomorrow, do as you have been doing, check your weight in a week, you'll be surprised. Get back on the horse and forget about it. I ended up losing more pounds the week I gorged than I had any other week, because I felt like I needed to work harder!

gatsby121
02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Im totally depressed after the horror I went threw last night.....

So I go to a Brazilian Party with one of my buddy's last night; to catch up with old friends and just hang out.

Ive been on a steady diet for about a 2 weeks.... But im talking about the perfection diet. Ive even been eating my veggies. And my training has never been so hard... so Ive lost about 10lbs.

Heres the thing... Last night I was pure pressured to eat a ton of cold cuts small sandwiches (think mini subs) I ate around 7 of them... I Couldn't control myself. But I did stay away from the alcohol and beer... and other "things." I was proud of that....

but when I woke up and decided to check my weight I was 7lbs Heavier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like crying. And ive been totally depressed today...

WHAT DID I DO!!!??? IS THE SCALE LIEING!???????? How can I avoid ever doing this again!???

PLease seriously help, this isn't a joke. Im totally depressed.

I feel like calling dominoes right now and doing the worse damage possible.

an excess of calories every once in a while is a good thing, it keeps you sane and revs up your metabolism....dont worry about it man!

JustiNtense
02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Stop being a pussy, that's water weight... and plus it's only 1 night.

Distance
02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
weigh yourself after the next time you use the bathroom :)

gunther44bd
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
You'll be back to your original weight in two or three days. All you are holding onto is water weight. I've actually had full cheat days before and jumped up 22 lbs. from one morning to the next. After two or three days I was only at plus 4 so don't worry. It is all water weight. Whatever you do though, don't starve yourself to lose it quick....go back to eating normal as usual.

WarJuggernaut
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks a lot guys. Geez, I feel so much better.... I was about to call dominoes and cry myself to sleep while playing xbox.

Hopefully this weight comes off quick... I worked my ass off this past week!

Seriously tho, Thanks a lot. I feel much better.

Dm84
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
You'd have to eat like 24,500 calories in one night to actually gain 7 lbs overnight.

NamesAreHardToPick
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Though I'm not 100% sure about the exact numbers, I think a pound of fat has 3500 calories and a pound of muscle has 600 calories. In order to gain 7lbs of fat, you would have had to eaten 24,500 calories. I'm not sure if that's even possible without dying or vomitting. Perhaps it might be, but from what you've posted I don't think so.

Nonetheless, you need to stop fliping out like this and relax. Scales are not always honest and chances are if you lost 10lbs in two weeks anyway, you lost a lot of muscle, not fat. I'd be more depressed about that than anything. Learn to focus on losing weight slower, yet more fat and stop worrying about every now and then eating a little too much. As long as it's rare, that won't be a major problem; losing weight too quickly could result in a loss of a good amount of muscle which would then hurt your success in losing fat.

Dm84
02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Though I'm not 100% sure about the exact numbers, I think a pound of fat has 3500 calories and a pound of muscle has 600 calories. In order to gain 7lbs of fat, you would have had to eaten 24,500 calories. I'm not sure if that's even possible without dying or vomitting. Perhaps it might be, but from what you've posted I don't think so.There was a show on TLC called "I eat 33,000 calories a day." Those people weighed like half a ton (seriously). There's no way a normal person could put down 24,500 calories in one day.

Money Shot
02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
an excess of calories every once in a while is a good thing, it keeps you sane and revs up your metabolism....dont worry about it man!

it revs up your metabolism? doesnt cardio also do that? i think cardio would be a better idea than a cheat meal though i might have my facts wrong so correct me if you must

NamesAreHardToPick
02-10-2008, 06:14 PM
There was a show on TLC called "I eat 33,000 calories a day." Those people weighed like half a ton (seriously). There's no way a normal person could put down 24,500 calories in one day.

Dang I was wrong. That's a lot though and I think you're right, I don't think a normal person could eat that much unless they worked themself up for it.

GP2001
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
it revs up your metabolism? doesnt cardio also do that? i think cardio would be a better idea than a cheat meal though i might have my facts wrong so correct me if you must

I think he is basically saying that if you stay at the same diet for a long time your body eventually starts to adjust. Unfortunately our bodies are very good at adapting, so every once and a while throwing in a cheat or refeed can be a good thing to help "throw things off" a bit. But yes doing cardio, and mainly increasing LBM (muscle) helps increase your metabolism, especially your resting metabolic rate.

GP2001
02-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Dang I was wrong. That's a lot though and I think you're right, I don't think a normal person could eat that much unless they worked themself up for it.

I could do it :D ,lol It would be a day with lots of fast food, alfredo sauce, ice cream, every calorie rich thing I could find... Kind of like the ultimate cheat...lol

Cheamane
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
You aren't in this for the short term are you?

It dosen't matter if you messed up for one night we all do.

As long as you get back up and keep training you'll be alright.

This older guy told me that when i was in the gym crying about how much i had ate the night before.

It really helped me.

If this is a lifestyle and not just some phase you're going through you'll be ok.

matth87
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
ummmm you messed up 1 night and you want to cry and order dominoes?... good luck meeting ur goals, u suppose to learn from your mistakes not cry over them, just do a little more cardio next week and work a little harder in the gym, it prob wont even matter at all and you didn't gain 7 lbs.

NamesAreHardToPick
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM

Yes a refeed is actually good. I prefer to eat a healthy refeed, but it's good when cutting to eat maintanence or slightly above to boost the metabolism. The less bodyfat you have, the more refeeds may be required as the body goes into starvation mode faster.

There's a great article by Layne (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm) about competition diets and losing weight. Notice that refeeds are required, though, like he recommends I still prefer to eat clean when I refeed. But yes, he's right on the money.

SirCain
02-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I do not see gaining 7lbs off of 7 mini subs, water I'd say.

Dracoy
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm sure it is just sodium bloating you or something.

You will be fine within 2-3 days TRUST ME! Don't feel bad, it happened to me too. I ate a lot of cereal, and the next day I weighed 7 pounds more o.o 3 days later, back to normal.