PDA

View Full Version : Cutting for wrestling...

Oatmeal
11-10-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone, especially you wrestlers out there, I was wondering if you had any special ways that you cut weight. Specifically what diet you use and what you do outside nutrition. (I.e. Work outs, conditioning, etc.)

I weigh about 122 pounds right now and want to go back down to 112, where I wrestled as a freshman last year. I weighed about 114 pounds last year, so making 112 was no sweat. But ten pounds is a considerably higher ammount to cut, and I have limited knowledge in the matter of weight loss. So any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your responses.

RonaldAsad
11-11-2002, 10:41 AM
how much time do you have? and do you have body fat to spare?

benbicep
11-11-2002, 07:13 PM
10lbs. isn't that much, if you push yourself and work hard in praticem, run extra and eat less carbs and fat you can drop plenty of weight

BornHard-13
11-14-2002, 06:11 PM
i respect u wrestlers who BB also...It would kill my routine to hagve to worry aout keep ing a weight.

Varsity 130
11-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Pretty much just run in the morning if you can and just cut out all the junk. Just take whatever you were eating before and cut out anything bad. You'll probably cut out a lot of calories with that alone. Other than that, wrestle hard and you should get down. If you're over the day before a match or something, just put on a some plastics and go run. And try to drink like a gallon of water every day. Just like in bodybuilding, when you stop drinking it, your body still excretes the same amount, so just stay away from it the day before a match and you should be fine.

BigArmedFella
11-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by BornHard-13
i respect u wrestlers who BB also...It would kill my routine to hagve to worry aout keep ing a weight.

I plan to move up 2 or 3 classes this year.

BrockBoiPaul
11-19-2002, 06:33 AM
Hey there, i wrestle at Brock University here in Canada, and have trained with them during highschool also.

Generally b4 a competition here is what works for me, not necessarily will work for everyone. I'm an early bird so I always hit our school gym 6:30 am each morning or so. I do about 45 min of weight training 5 days a week.

Mon - shoulders/abs
Tues - back/forearm
Wed - Legs
Thurs - Chest/abs
Fri - arms

When its close to a competition, i'll do cardio after my morning work out, either a 5 k run around the school campus or now we have an indoor track so that will be handy. I also do about 20 - 30 mins of cardio on the stair master machines just to shake up my routine. I find using a bike etc doesn't burn as many calaries in the same time as using a stair master or going for a run.

Our practices are from 2.5 to 3 hours mon to saturday so generally that keeps one in good shape as it is. Generally i like to wrestle in the 72k class, but my normal day to day weight is around 76.

I also supplement sometimes with SupremeSupplements Thermo Lean w/o ephedrine...just helps to drop about 5 pounds of water off in about 2- 3 weeks prior/during events.