PDA

View Full Version : Before Bed Nutrition (Quick Question)

chibahawk72
02-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay right now I'm trying to cut a little.. lose a few pounds.. so my goal's about 2000kcal a day.. right now I'm sitting around 1500..

I'm going to workout in an hour/hour and a half but the thing is.. I know it's not good to eat before bed (at least I know that's a general rule and definitely don't know exactly what's bad to eat beforehand)

But I'm going to have to make a shake after working out.. what should I avoid using, and what would be beneficial and not negative regarding being broken down while I'm asleep

OCCFan023
02-28-2006, 05:55 PM
its not bad to eat before you sleep, its bad to eat the wrong foods before you sleep. Since your cutting your best bet would be some cottage cheese with some fish or flax oil to slow to protein absorbtion down while you sleep.

As for the shake I would just go with some ground up oats in some whey, but what time ar eyou going to bed after you work out you really should get a whole foods meal in after lifting..

chibahawk72
02-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I ate a very decent meal a little while ago and I'm spacing 1.5 hours before hitting up the gym.. Def. not thinking about a whole meal after my workout... should I just supersize the shake or something?

Also.. I dont have any flax seed oil but do have flax seeds.. anyone have experience with them and maybe getting oil out of it? don't really want to throw seeds into a shake..

OCCFan023
02-28-2006, 06:02 PM
you can grind up the flax seeds. As for the shake just go with some oats, whey, and maybe some skim milk sinc eyou wont be eating any whole foods meal after this. THe skim milk wont do much to hurt your cut because its post workout and plus skim millk is good on a cut imo anyway.

chibahawk72
02-28-2006, 06:06 PM
ite cool.. thats what i planned on using..

what exactly should be avoided before bed? it always seemed to me that eating meals after 8pm was not so good.. because the metabolism slows down

OCCFan023
02-28-2006, 06:11 PM
stick to clean protein sources and healthy fats. Cottage cheese, fatty fish, anything with caesin is solid before bed. Stay away from carbs (except veggies if needed).

chibahawk72
02-28-2006, 06:16 PM
thanks

Seth25
02-28-2006, 09:13 PM
I eat my biggest meal of the day after working out as long as your not going to bed immediately after wo have carbs too because your body uses them to repair anyways.