PDA

View Full Version : "Weight Gainer" Question

NamesAreHardToPick
02-27-2006, 05:56 AM
I've been told that post work out shake should be a 3:1 ratio of carbs to proteins. This is a huge problem because the only solution to this given the fact that I take 36g of protein post work out, would mean 118g of carbs. I looked into "weight gainer" and got some as that seems to be the only solution, but this sh*t makes me horribly nauseated. This only throws me off the rest of the day as I can't eat anything else because I feel terrible. Now I'm just undoing my bulking as there won't be any gains if there isn't any food being eaten.

I get that you're supposed to have liquid protein/carbs post workout because your blood is elsewhere and digestion is slow. Any other solution besides weight gainer to pack on carbs post work out? I can handle some nasty stuff (straight fish oil and the like), but that sh*t is beyond gross.

Slated
02-27-2006, 05:58 AM
That's why I like Mass Meal.

I liked it before I was a rep.

IF you want carbs, add oats.

low carbs, no oats, simple as that

kw79
02-27-2006, 06:01 AM
What kind of weight gainer did you get? It probably has tons of sugar in it. I used to use one with a ton of sugar and it was horrible. (Tasted like I took some hot cocoa powder, a cup of pure sugar and milk and blended it together!) I felt all bloated and just terrible overall.

I just got some cytogainer and it is really good. I don't feel bloated at all. It only has 5 grams of sugar, and has a good mix of protein and carbs. It's a little more pricey than other gainers, but well worth it. You could also try making your own gainer with oats and PB or whatever you want to throw in there, but I always had a hard time getting the oats down (even when ground) so opted for cytogainer.

NamesAreHardToPick
02-27-2006, 06:09 AM
IF you want carbs, add oats.

low carbs, no oats, simple as that

Question: Are oats okay to take post-work out? If so, I'll go with that. I can handle oats, I can't take this weight gainer sh*t.

Slated
02-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Oats

All Day

Every Day

Oats

It's What's For Dinner

Oats

The Other White Meat

Oats

GET IN MY BELLY

KeyHAWK
02-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Oats

All Day

Every Day

Oats

It's What's For Dinner

Oats

The Other White Meat

Oats

GET IN MY BELLY
lol

marqui678
02-27-2006, 06:20 AM
For pure convience sake....Id go with mhp up your mass. The taste is tolerable, but its packed with some good stuff.

Slated
02-27-2006, 06:21 AM
For pure convience sake....Id go with mhp up your mass. The taste is tolerable, but its packed with some good stuff.
someone hasn't tried Mass Meal

"the taste is tolerable" LOL

never say those words again :)

dirtydean12
02-27-2006, 07:22 AM
muscle juice

tweaked17
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
GET IN MY BELLY

sometimes i wish they would just get in my belly =/

especially when i feel the texture of one of those seed husks you get once in a while, can't chew it down, just kinda moves around in your mouth.. gross, makes me wanna gag!