PDA

View Full Version : Planned cheat day

RusnConcussion
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
So I'm getting really bored with cutting, I've been hitting cardio like mad along my weights and eating nothing but clean for over a month now and am finding myself just thinking up all kinds of crap that I'm going to eat once I get ripped.

Anyone else on a cut also making a similar list? I mean right now mine contains a huge custom made chocolate peanut butter bar, some of the cupcakes at this specialty cup cake store in the area, one extra large pizza, and some reese pieces.

gunther44bd
02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Reps for the dedication but if you want you can still have a cheat even while you are cutting. A cheat meal once every week or two, in moderation, won't really hurt your progress at all. It's your choice though.

Showjumper_000
02-07-2008, 03:29 AM
hah yeah i do have a "list" with junk foods that id eat on a cheat, and pick one or 2 things out and have that cheat every couple of weeks

i dont know why the list though, but i really look forward to when i can have a little indulge!

The Solution
02-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Reps for the dedication but if you want you can still have a cheat even while you are cutting. A cheat meal once every week or two, in moderation, won't really hurt your progress at all. It's your choice though.

This is highly reccomended because it seems like your at the point where you want to cheat/binge off your goal.

keep foods interesting, switch things up all the time, use spices to keep it interesting.. this will help you lead not to cheat or stray off your diet. Variety is key

this typically happens to people who restrict themselves on what they eat

juice1348
02-07-2008, 05:25 AM
Every Sunday I have a cheat "day"! That means 4 meals of whatever I want....For Example:
Breakfast:
2 Pancakes w/syrup
Omelet
Home fries

Lunch:
Cheeseburger with mayo, ketchup
Side Salad w/blue cheese dressing

Dinner:
Buffalo Wings w/Blue cheese

Dessert Meal:
Peanut butter cup sundae at Friendly's
Some Dorito's or Chips and dip

That is my prototypical Sunday...a lot of time I will change it up, but it FOUR FREAKIN MEALS...big deal. If I eat 35-40 meals a week, does it REALLY hurt me that much to have 4 of them be bad? NOOOOOO! Bottomline, live a little bit and don't worry so much.

Goni
02-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I heard the idea of a "want/need list" for buying stuff. Like instead of going out and buying a xbox360, you put it on the list. In a month/2/3 it's still on there, and you still want it, you get it. I've found working stuff like this in can get you past the mental state of wanting it. If you want a brownie, you put it on the list. If for the 2 weeks it's on there, you keep wanting it, you get it. If during that time you get over the craving, you remove it. Mind over matter! I have to use these things cause I lost my willpower when it comes to buying stuff like car toys. I almost bought an exhaust, but I added it to the list. A couple weeks later I changed my mind to coilovers, put that on the list and removed exhaust. My 350 is still stock and i'm kind of proud :) Just use this for food and you're set!

/long post