PDA

View Full Version : All you can eat(clean)! alright for bulkin?

thursday22dp
02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Ok I had a pretty intense cutting diet down to the science. But I have since changed my mind and am bulking. Looking to put on as much muscle mass as possible.

I lift 3 times a week and do intense cardio(well intense for me) for 30-40 minutes 3 times a week on non-lift days. Throughout the day I am constantly walking, to the gym, to my room, to class etc. Around 2.5 miles I bet at least.

So I eat pretty clean, but I am SO HUNGRY and I am eating a ton. I have read a bunch of people and articles saying how if you want to grow you need to eat, so I have been.

My diet consists mainly of, skim milk, lf yogurt, lf cottage cheese, nat. PB, organic wheat bread, various meat, tuna, nuts, lots of fruits and veggies, and oats.

However, 2 meals of the day, usually my post-workout and a dinner meal, I eat at my college cafeteria. So with those included it is hard to get a exact calorie count etc. However I do eat very clean there. Usually whatever meat they have and a ton of veggies and the cooked veggies of the day(usually brocoli).

Given my situation, is it safe for me to eat as much as I pretty much can while bulking?

According to BB.com - Adding in your activity level, we times your BMR by 1.65. This means that your approximate total calories burned each day is 3143.

So I did a rough estimate(probably low) of my daily calories and I come out to around 3350 or so.

I dont mind if I gain some fat along with the muscle, thats expected but should I be safe to not count calories as much as if I was cutting and just make sure I get my protien and enough calories?

Thanks

thursday22dp
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Sounds like a plan man!

I figure if I start noticing that its too much, I can just do more cardio

Marco90
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds like a plan man!

I figure if I start noticing that its too much, I can just do more cardio

not more cardio, less eating!

overbulkedguy
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
what do you weigh? By the looks of your avatar If I was you I would be eating anything and everything to be honost with you. I mean keep it as clean as possible but don't beat yourself up over a dirty meal every once in a while. Now for me and my body type I have to eat clean all the time or its bad news bears.

ozfiz
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah, if you are "so hungry" while eating clean foods, you're not eating enough of em :)

thursday22dp
02-06-2008, 06:54 PM
not more cardio, less eating!
Couldnt I just eat more calories but then just burn them off by doing it 4-5 days a week instead of 3?

what do you weigh? By the looks of your avatar If I was you I would be eating anything and everything to be honost with you. I mean keep it as clean as possible but don't beat yourself up over a dirty meal every once in a while. Now for me and my body type I have to eat clean all the time or its bad news bears.
I'm 6ft and 175lbs or so. So youd recommend sticking with what Im doing now?

yeah, if you are "so hungry" while eating clean foods, you're not eating enough of em :)

By "so hungry" I mean I eat a huge meal and then an hour or sometimes 2 hours Im hungry again.

Guess Ill keep the eating like a horse up then! :)

overbulkedguy
02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah totally dude. At your weight I wouldn't honostly worry about where the calories are coming from as much as if your getting them in. Just keep on doing what your doing. If your worried about the clean thing just keep it clean. I would suggest pre cooking chicken and steak and what not and placing them randomly around your house and just eating them whenever you go by them,lol.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
02-06-2008, 11:34 PM
It only takes 2 hours to digest a 600 calorie or so meal with all food groups so you're normal ..
though you shouldn't necessarily feel HUNGRY every 2 hours ..

try some digestive enzymes like NOW plant enzymes see if your body uses what you are eating better and if the hunger pangs reside more ..

thursday22dp
02-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Yeah totally dude. At your weight I wouldn't honostly worry about where the calories are coming from as much as if your getting them in. Just keep on doing what your doing. If your worried about the clean thing just keep it clean. I would suggest pre cooking chicken and steak and what not and placing them randomly around your house and just eating them whenever you go by them,lol.

Thanks man, I just feel much better off eating clean and it allows me to eat more and stay in my calorie zone. I've been eating clean for 2 months now so I have no desire to eat unhealthy food and love being healthy.

However, I do live in a college dorm so I cant really cook anything which is why I eat so much damn tuna haha.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will spread reps around.

Goni
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I would suggest pre cooking chicken and steak and what not and placing them randomly around your house and just eating them whenever you go by them,lol.

Rep, this made my morning, ahahha