PDA

View Full Version : Grocery List

Jentwisl
02-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I am about to head to the grocery and I am getting serious about my diet and want a list of major things I should look at picking up while there to make a sound diet. I am currently 135 at 5'9 and would love to gain as much lean mass possible.

Marco90
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I am about to head to the grocery and I am getting serious about my diet and want a list of major things I should look at picking up while there to make a sound diet. I am currently 135 at 5'9 and would love to gain as much lean mass possible.

Chicken Breast (skinless boneless)
Shrimp
Steak
Veggies
Peanut Butter
Kahsi Go Lean
Cottage Cheese
Whey
AND A LOT MORE, im sure people will post =]

lth
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
everyone's list might differ somewhat, but for the most part here is a listing of all the foods 90 percent of bodybuilders will consume

eggs;oats or grits, whey protein of course, cottage cheese, whole wheat bread, tuna, chicken breast, lean ground turkey, lean red meat, baked or sweet potatoes(better than regular white potatoes as they burn slower, brown rice, few bottles of gatorade for post training.
This is just a list, doesnt mean you need to by everything on the list, just make sure you get good protein and carb sources and also maybe some flax oil for your efa's that youll need

US_Ranger
02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Chicken Breast (skinless boneless)
Shrimp
Steak
Veggies
Peanut Butter
Kahsi Go Lean
Cottage Cheese
Whey
AND A LOT MORE, im sure people will post =]

milk/soymilk
yogurt/soy yogurt
Ezekiel bread/whole grain bread
oats
FRUIT
eggs
tuna
whole wheat pasta
pasta sauce
frozen chicken
frozen turkey

parsec1982
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
All Fresh. No Canned Anything.

Cockle, Liver, Mussels, Shrimp, Sardines, Beef, Eggs, Blueberries, Mangoes, Strawberries, Bananas, Kiwi, Brussels Sprouts, Leeks, Broccoli, Spinach, Whole Wheat Breads from the Bakery Area, Whole Milk

Parsec

Jentwisl
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Canned greens bad? Like peas and green beans?

BlueFenix13S
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM

They're cheaper around here, otherwise I'd buy all fresh. Frozen is good as well, less salt and just as healthy as fresh.

newequation
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
All Fresh. No Canned Anything.

Cockle, Liver, Mussels, Shrimp, Sardines, Beef, Eggs, Blueberries, Mangoes, Strawberries, Bananas, Kiwi, Brussels Sprouts, Leeks, Broccoli, Spinach, Whole Wheat Breads from the Bakery Area, Whole Milk

Parsec

You dont need only fresh food for bulking or anything else. Canned tuna is a classic bb food.

newequation
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM

No, they are fine, they just have a lot of sodium so use them last. Fresh is best of course, but you dont always have the time and funds for that. The second best would be frozen. Its nice to have a steamer for cooking rice and frozen veggies at the same time.