PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Swervin
02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am looking to get some advice. First, let me start by giving a brief history about me. In high school I played football. Was looking to go to college and play there, but enlisted in the Marine Corps. I see my self not as a beginner, but somewhere inbetween there and the next level, whatever that may be. Here is where my problem lies. I got out of the Marines a little over a year ago and am flat out dissappointed with myself and my body. For the 5 years I served, all we ever did was run, sit-ups, pull ups, and ran some more. I am now looking to retransform my body and self image into something more presentable. If any one has ANY advice, it would be appreciated. Here are some last known Max's and body details. bench: 320 Squat; 390 Incline press: 240 Cleans: 230
Wt: 242 BF% 40%. Thanks and look forward to hearing any advice

yeahitscool
02-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am looking to get some advice. First, let me start by giving a brief history about me. In high school I played football. Was looking to go to college and play there, but enlisted in the Marine Corps. I see my self not as a beginner, but somewhere inbetween there and the next level, whatever that may be. Here is where my problem lies. I got out of the Marines a little over a year ago and am flat out dissappointed with myself and my body. For the 5 years I served, all we ever did was run, sit-ups, pull ups, and ran some more. I am now looking to retransform my body and self image into something more presentable. If any one has ANY advice, it would be appreciated. Here are some last known Max's and body details. bench: 320 Squat; 390 Incline press: 240 Cleans: 230
Wt: 242 BF% 40%. Thanks and look forward to hearing any advice

Clean up your diet...start lifting again...at 40%bf you def need to add some cardio in....stay on track...treat yourself from time to time...and watch yourself image and body transfrom after a few months bro

Good Luck !!!

hate
02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
at 40% bf you shouldn't have much problem shedding that fat. It comes off quickly when you're at that ratio.

1. ****METER- the average person (in america...) walks 2-4000 steps a day (isn't that said?) amish people walk an average of 16,000...
work yourself up to 10,000 steps a day aside from cardio (so take it off for that time). This is a really easy way to expend some extra calories and keep up with it. roughly 2000 steps a mile.

2. CARDIO- i would recommend starting off light and doing 2 15 minute sessions a day for the first month (heart rate at 45-60% first 2 wks. then 65-75% of max = 220-age X's .65 and X's .75 to get your target heart rate.
After a month you may be ready to start doing interval training at a high intensity to get keep your metabolism up and burn fat off quicker.

3. LIFT WEIGHTS- Look for something in the 8-12 rep range for 3-4 sets. Remember not to do cardio immediately BEFORE lifting weights. Weights first.

4. WATER- the more the better... well, you don't want to drink so much that you cause blood sodium levels to drop to dangerously low levels.. just don't drink 1 gallon per hour. strive for 3 gallons per day. The more flushed your body is and stays, the easier and quicker you can lose weight.

5. DIET- I'm not even going to get started on that. Just an overview. stay away from sugar. every 3-4 days have a cheat meal where you eat what you want and however much you want, this picking around on little bits of chocolate each night in front of the tv isn't going to get it. Eat a gram of protein for each lb. of body weight... oh and don't do it all at once, spread it out, people think that you can eat 100 grams of protein and your body won't reject at least half of it. You cant. make 3 meals no carbs and 3 moderate carbs (50-60 grams) obviously the last meal of the night would be only protein. try eating a moderate to low fat diet (no more than 20% of your bodyweight in calories... ie. "i weigh 200 lbs. i won't eat more than 40 grams of fat per day) see?

6. STRETCH- at the same time you want to lose fat, you also want to be able to maintain muscle and if you happen to gain a little in the process, great... at any rate, stay limber and keep the fascia tissue from restricting your muscles from any possible growth.

lastly, don't worry about what your lifting, at 40% b/f you should be asking yourself "what does it matter what i squat if i'm dead?)

there you go. have at it.