PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What supplement would you like next from CONTROLLED LABS ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:04 AM
As most of you know, I'm very honored to be a part of the supplement industry during this challenging time. With prohormone products getting slammed and banned left and right, the focus is back on safe, legal, and effective supplements for the first time in YEARS.

My goal as a Controlled Labs consultant is to listen to all of our customers including powerlifters, athletes, and bodybuilders and help formulate effective products that will meet their needs.

With that in mind, this is your chance as a Controlled Labs customer to tell us what supplement you would like us to formulate next (please be as specific as possible).

The following SINGLE OPTION poll is just a list of ideas to get YOUR OWN creative ideas started... but feel free to post your own product request(s) in this thread after you have voted.

http://micropoll.questionpro.com/akira/MicroPoll?mode=html&id=6238

If you prefer, you can Email me privately as well:

pt@controlledlabs.com

There are 2 VERY SIMPLE RULES of this thread:

1) Please stay on topic

2) Please DO NOT bash or name any current product or any current company in this thread. Keep your suggestions INGREDIENT-related and GOAL-oriented. Ignoring this warning will simply start a flame war, and you will be reported. This thread is about what supplement we can provide for YOU in the future.

This is not too much to ask, so if you have any basic human decency, you will abide by this simple request

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Here are some of the ideas that have been suggested so far (THANKS Guys ! )

If you guys can create an effective cortisl product you could get a step closer towards ph effects by lowering the other side of the anabolic equation.

I said appitite enhancer, but really, anything for Mass that is not NO related

BCAA product, Whey protein product, fatfree chicken wings!!!

I would like an endurance supplement without stims for pre-workout. For example, based on Citrulline Malate and possible additions like beta-alanine, ALCAR, etc.

Edit: Without any dextrose or maltodextrin.

protein

An affordable and effective cortisol controller.

Ideally it would include
Magnolia bark, epimedium, green tea, beta-sitosterol, phosphatidylserine, vitamin c( at least a gram), Acetyl-L-carnitine, and Gingko Biloba.

A high quality sesamnin/fish combo oil supplement. There are a few out but to little ingredients for the price imo.

I think the market lacks a good cortisol product right now. 7-oh has gotten alot of heat and for good reason. Most other supplemetns on bbing.com have to low ingredients to be effective or lack key ingredients. Some of them are simply vitamin c with other vit and minerals with a small trace of ps.

Cortisol controlling product would be great for cutting and pct. If you guys can make a quality cortisol product with testing behind it you could very well lead the market in this sector and have tremendous sales from people like me.

An affordable EAA product for mixing with GG during workouts would be nice. Would be even nicer if it mixed well with gatorade or similiar sport drink.

That sounds good to me.[endurance supplement]

bcaa w/ cm. As long as you make it taste good, any normal flavor will do.

Well, I gave up a long time ago on chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, which IMO only tastes descent with milk and I already drink a lot of milk as it is. I'm hooked on the fruit flavors of ******...Lemonade, Fuzzy Navel, Strawberry Kiwi, Grape flavor would be awesome.

I would like to see a fat loss supplement that not only works, but does not shut down your thyroid or put you at risk of a heart attack.

overtraining prevention / cortisol suppression / recovery enhancement .... this would be a real accomplishment

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:13 AM
What about Green Buldge in powder form? I know, probably taste like s**t!

i think the industry is over run with fat burners that are extremly similar, so unless something outside the box comes out, i think staying away from that is a good choice.

to me, my main goals are size with zero (or little) side effects. so a mass maker, not a weight gainer, some kind of hypertrophic substance. i know its hard but that is what i want.

i also want something for endurance and recovery. now, i know there are a few on the market, but i play ice hockey and i would love something that would be not only a boost (not a stim) but an electrolyte/recovery aid. i know **** ****** is good for this, but that is pre workout, something that can be takend the whole time, like a legit ******** that will help with endurance. that would be something i would spend my money on. it would have to taste good becuase it that point you dont want to be gagging while you are playing.

basically, i voted other.

No caps.
Powder flavors- Cherry, lemon-lime, watermelon.

well im not that well informed about ingredients but in my personal case im looking(and still looking) for a product that will build muslles mass fast(that isnt creatine, no product or the most famous answer here food, because for me its most effective to cycly creatine,no products), .

I thought i had found it with the ecdysterone, but looking at the logs, it helps on every criterium except building mass

so basicly something that has simular effects( of course lower, so we dont have the side effects) as pro-hormones

one more thing, can it be ready in about 2 months, im ending with creatine then :) and want to try something new

on a side note: its very much appreciated that you asks customers advice and feeback( if ordered the white blood and will alternate it with no-xplode and afterwards will post up a review on both

good luck

ya recovery enhancement would be good

yea, bump to the corisol supplements. It seems a lot of the stuff like **** ****** is way overpriced, and tough to afford for those of us on a budget.

But the thing that screamed to me was something to increase appetite. I can always use a healthier appetite man.

I also think that a fruit flavored BCAA like ***** would be nice, but the thing about that is that ***** is a good product, and the prices are pretty friggin reasonable. They are comparable in price to bulk BCAA with a flavoring system (or kool-aid powder). That's tough to beat right there.

which is why i think a during exercise endurance drink is a good idea.

here is what we currently have...

****rade, ****rade, and other BIG enduranec drinks that are nothing more than some sugar and electrolytes.

then we have ****rox with *****erade. a little better.
we also have pre products with, good recovery.

now if you could combine the two somehow with the proper levels of potassium, bcaas or eaas, and some endurance/recovery - beta alinine,cm, maybe even some carnosine. make it taste comparable to gatorade and designed for drink during exercise, then you have a product!

edited to remove companies/products and make it really confusing.

If you guys can create an effective cortisl product you could get a step closer towards ph effects by lowering the other side of the anabolic equation.

I take enough powder concoctions as it is, and would like more pill based mass builders despite the added expense. I think there are many things that could be stacked that haven't, and I'm sure you guys could come up with something inovative!

an all in one post workout drink...whey protein, simple carbs, electrolytes, etc.

basicly a ******** on roids.

Appetite Enhancer
that would be cool

pumpedgator
02-14-2006, 09:16 AM
A healthy, slow releasing, high fiber, 0 sugar, protein bar at an affordable price that tastes good.

By the way, I actually have no human decency.

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I'd like to request a full bodied beer that hydrates, instead of dehydrating. One that aids in both protein synthesis and recovery. One that gives me huge pumps and freaky vascularity while delivering a pleasurable, happy type buzz.

That is why I suggested EAA that would mix nice with gatorade and Glycergrow. I think that would qualify for pre, during or post workout. Hell, add the components similiar to gatorade in with the EAA and put it in one container. I'd buy that to mix my glycergrow in.

I like the whole Pre/During/PWO drink idea....................
Maybe a cool 3 stage bottle of some kind that has every nutrient covered from A-Z
"ALL STAGE" from Controlled Labs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds cliche, but I really like lemon-lime. Fruit punch would also probably be good. I think everyone drinks so much chocolate and vanilla from protein and MRP's that the fruity stuff works well.

I'd like to see a product aimed at being the most effective anti-oxident and anti-toxin on the market. I'm thinking NAC, ALA, Green Tea, all kinds of herbs and vitamins, red yeast rice, etc, rolled into ONE. You could effectively replace the countless amounts of herbs taken for PH support, and general health, in 1 SOLID PRODUCT. Im sure there are lots of guys who are eating 10-15 pills per day in order for liver support, cardiovascular health, cholesterol control, anti-oxidant weightloss related properties, general health, digestive function. You could also cross over to the regular 'health concious' people, aside from us muscle heads.

Excess calories everyday, excess protein on kidneys, strenuous toxins released when weight training. Plus the designer steroid crowd. I think it would be quite popular.

*Forget an EAA product, theres already enough of those around.
*Appetite Enhancer would rock

Just my .02
Pre bottled would obviously be more $$$$ but I would like the convience

Flavors would have to be a constant theme throughout.........
I.E. stage 1 Chocolate 2 lemon lime 3 vanila!!!!!!!!! would be terrible

All fruit flavors would be a safe bet

no fructose either.

sometimes it isnt bad just use a little plain old sucrose, but thats just me.

anyway, flavors....

fruit punch
orange or citrus
berry
etc.

I'm a distance runner and I must say that an endurance drink would be great. There just aren't any good supplements in that market and it seems like you guys could add some innovation. I say make it an all in one endurance drink in powder form:
1 serving

25g of complex carbohydrates,
2g of Leucine, 1g of Isoleucine, 1g of Valine,
1.5g of Glutamine,
4g citrulline malate,
500mg of Vitamin C,
Vitamin E
Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Sodium, Potassium,
Chromium,
Carbogen Enzyme Blend,
Ginkgo Biloba
ALCAR,
1000mg of cordyceps,
300mg of Rhodolia,

Might taste like crap, but I will drink anything that can take all the various endurance enhancing ingredients and put it into one product. I also know that runners and defintely cyclists are willing to pay an arm and a leg for an endurance enhancing drink that has all the endurance ingredients and at effective doses. The emphasis should be more on effective dosages than on taste in my opinion.

def the EAA option..and if you could throw in BCAA's to that would be a bonus.. aminos have been blowin up lately... and sure theres good products out there, but im sure CL could throw some nasty product together too..as always

I can't recall if there have been any studies in regards to cortisol inhibition, but there are studies showing HMB causes a reduction in muscle trauma, which would lead to less cortisol being released.

Ingredients in a endurance powder

Citrulline Malate
ALCAR
Beta-alanine
Electrolytes
L-Tyrosine
L-Taurine
Vitamin B6
artificial sweetner
etc.

BCAA's products are out there, no need for more IMHO.
Possibly EAA's but might be too expensive for most people, to make it successful.

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Mrp

jkeithc82
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Having lived in Louisiana for so long and having a cajun girlfriend, I would like to see a supplement gumbo product. Either in powder form or liquid would be best. :)

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Having lived in Louisiana for so long and having a cajun girlfriend, I would like to see a supplement gumbo product. Either in powder form or liquid would be best. :)

I'll keep that in mind :)

jkeithc82
02-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I'll keep that in mind :)

It would fill a void in the industry. :)

Lonny
02-14-2006, 09:28 AM
The other thread was deleted?

I am unaware of any studies linking hmb to cortisol supression.

I can't recall if there have been any studies in regards to cortisol inhibition, but there are studies showing HMB causes a reduction in muscle trauma, which would lead to less cortisol being released.

This cortisol thing has really got ahold of you huh?

I miss Nandi
http://www.cuttingedg************/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12891&highlight=HMB

97LT1
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
No more pointless posts please.

Stick to the topic....bans will be issued if it continues.

If you have no concern about new CL products...stay out.

nick912
02-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Appetite enhancer

Black_Spit
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM

I'd like a GH enhancing/Cortisol reduction combo(could work very well in synergy).

Arginine 2.5g
Gaba 2.5g
Glutamine 2g(I know you would never use this one, lol)
Glycine 2g
Ornithine 1g
Vitamin C 1g
Green Tea 500 mg
Rhodiola 150mg
Niacin 50 mg(real niacin, not Flush Free)

Almost 10g per serving, so I know thats a lot, lol, but, I'd buy it.

Lonny
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
No more pointless posts please.

Stick to the topic....bans will be issued if it continues.

If you have no concern about new CL products...stay out.

If you're referring to my post above, it was reposted in here because it was a discussion from the other thread which was related.

97LT1
02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
If you're referring to my post above, it was reposted in here because it was a discussion from the other thread which was related.

No, your post is fine.

pharm
02-14-2006, 09:50 AM
I like the cortisol issue....and the beer :)

Bosko
02-14-2006, 09:53 AM
One more idea if I may...............

How about a energy bar......... not the normal glorified "Candy Bar"/ with protein.......

But a steel cut oat based energy bar for Pre/During/Pwo??
Similar to the drink idea, but in a BAR form.........

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 09:57 AM
One more idea if I may...............

How about a energy bar......... not the normal glorified "Candy Bar"/ with protein.......

But a steel cut oat based energy bar for Pre/During/Pwo??
Similar to the drink idea, but in a BAR form.........

"Steel Cut Granola" bar ? :p

DRP7
02-14-2006, 10:03 AM
With that in mind, this is your chance as a Controlled Labs customer to tell us what supplement you would like us to formulate next (please be as specific as possible).

Sent you a pm!

BEst regards

David

Shortfuze
02-14-2006, 10:06 AM
-anything that can help maximize the body's recuperative powers when we sleep.
-CL Nootropic

CL version of ejaculoid? :D (kidding!)

Kledz
02-14-2006, 10:07 AM
BCAAs for sure

Tamacracker
02-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Something that can help build or give apetite, sadly I tend to use marijuana in order to get munchies... I'm being honest.

Also something similar to Clenbutrx, I know.. I'm not supposed to mention other products or companies but Clenbutrx had ingredients that would put any other fat burner to shame, atleast from what I have tried.

Another thing would be something that could dry you out. Something that sheds off the water and keeps you shredded, would be nice to have a constant dry, ripped, shredded look during cycles of it.

Coulaid
02-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Good EAA Product to stack with GG would be a good stack to promote and sell IMHO.

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Something that can help build or give apetite.....

Another thing would be something that could dry you out. Something that sheds off the water and keeps you shredded, would be nice to have a constant dry, ripped, shredded look during cycles of it.

I'm loving these ideas you guys.. I totally feel ya on both of those. My appetite comes and goes... if I could maintain a constant appetite... I can only imagine.

latspread
02-14-2006, 10:33 AM
out of those options on that link you have pu.. id have to say anti-acne and appetite enhancers (it would have to be cheap tho).. thanks and keep us informed!

US_Ranger
02-14-2006, 10:38 AM
I second either an EAA product or an endurance product.

Honestly, the endurance products are lacking. Supplements like Xtend are great but that's only half the equation. A good supplement to rival something like Body Octane should do well with the market of endurance athletes. Of course, being a bodybuilding site, this will be swamped with something to build muscle but endurance also builds muscle....very effective muscle.

That's my 2 cents.

beer20
02-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I would like an endurance supplement without stims for pre-workout. For example, based on Citrulline Malate and possible additions like beta-alanine, ALCAR, etc.

Edit: Without any dextrose or maltodextrin.
i think thats a good idea and would fit in nicely with the current product lineup.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
something that will keep you focused, keep you energized (w out using stims), and keep from from entering catabolism.....im thinking maybe an eaa /carbs/noontropic for preworkout....preferably one that i can afford and last more than 20 servings

Devastator
02-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Appetite enhancer

Denzelfan
02-14-2006, 11:07 AM
More servings on green bulge/white blood, meaning 60-90 servings.
GB/WB powder form.
Protein powders

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Protein powders

What's your #1 favorite flavor that you can imagine ?

PSKlifter
02-14-2006, 11:16 AM
More servings on green bulge/white blood, meaning 60-90 servings.
GB/WB powder form.
Protein powders
I can only imagine the taste on this one :eek:

Capped is good :D

Tamacracker
02-14-2006, 11:17 AM

Exotic type fruits, kiwi, pineapple, passion fruit, mango... stuff that's kinda tangy also rocks.
I haven't touched chocolate or vanilla flavored protein in like 2 years or so.

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Exotic type fruits, kiwi, pineapple, passion fruit, mango... stuff that's kinda tangy also rocks.

I hear ya... tangy flavors really seem to mask the taste / aftertaste.

Tamacracker
02-14-2006, 11:21 AM
I hear ya... tangy flavors really seem to mask the taste / aftertaste.

Yes sir, that is why my friends and I love fruit flavored protein shakes.... they actually taste more like the fruit than more of the protein (if that makes sense)

NukeDukem
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Why is everyone so down on vanilla? :D Is it because you guys are taking/took a vanilla protein with that bit of funny chemical aftertaste in it after you go thru a jug of it? I remember I had a jug of GNC vanilla that had this property (Yeah, this was 3 1/2 years ago, before I found bb.com, don't shoot!) - I havent tried a lot of other proteins to find out of they are chemically. ON's Chocolate tasted chemically to me after a couple weeks of downing them as well.

Personally I couldnt see myself mixing flax and oats into a fruity flavored protein.

warriors
02-14-2006, 11:43 AM
appetite enhancer

NukeDukem
02-14-2006, 11:47 AM
appetite enhancer

Amazing how different we all are :D I have trouble controlling my appetite even when I'm taking supposed appetite suppressants like AMP and ephedrine. I think an active appetite is healthy tho, I just need to utilize it better with self control + clean foods.

martel04
02-14-2006, 11:48 AM
a wpi with fruit flavors, watermelon,grape,fruit punch, lemon lime,pinaple mango, strawberry kiwi, ect.

bcaa with cm also fruit flavors listed above

cell volumizer- creatine,NO,and all the other goodies with fruit flavors

warriors
02-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Amazing how different we all are :D I have trouble controlling my appetite even when I'm taking supposed appetite suppressants like AMP and ephedrine. I think an active appetite is healthy tho, I just need to utilize it better with self control + clean foods.

My appetite isn that bad right now but when summer hits and the humidity starts than the last thing on your mind is food, specially on squat day :)

NukeDukem
02-14-2006, 11:53 AM
My appetite isn that bad right now but when summer hits and the humidity starts than the last thing on your mind is food, specially on squat day :)

Thats another thing I never got. I've heard people say that before "its hot, I dont have much of an appetite" I was like wtf? *Eats multiple spicy chicken sandwiches* :D Do you come from a cold climate?

warriors
02-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Thats another thing I never got. I've heard people say that before "its hot, I dont have much of an appetite" I was like wtf? *Eats multiple spicy chicken sandwiches* :D Do you come from a cold climate?

No not really. I live in Ark. so it gets pretty cold in the winter time and extremely hot in the summer time.

SoCool
02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
What about a sleep aid/mood enhancer. When I'm trying to go to sleep, if it's not supplements making it harder, my mind is just stuck on training and diet. I've tried alot but none with real success, they all seem pretty watered down to me. I even got the perfect name for CL, Purple Haze, as if you didn't see that one coming.
Also let me just say I think this is a great idea. Whatever jackmunch that was in the first thread saying that CL wasn't innovative and blah blah blah... quit hatin', just cause you don't have any good ideas doesn't mean CL doesn't either. I think thier products stand out, I've used RA and GB and really liked them. Keep up the good work.

NukeDukem
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
No not really. I live in Ark. so it gets pretty cold in the winter time and extremely hot in the summer time.

Just checking. OK here, so same deal. But anyway..

I've sort of derailed the topic here. In seriousness, some constructive suggestions:

I'd really like to see some unique combinations of useful stuff we know works. I take, daily, several grams of alcar, 200-400mg of K-R-ALA 2-3 grams of vitamin C, 800iu of vitamin E, around 2 grams of NAC, and ZMA. I've also read about other things that I have thought about adding to my regimen like Citrulline malate, taurine, etc.. Phosphatidylserine also seems like a good daily well-being supp since it lowers cortisol.

I know some of these don't come cheap, but if you could make a functional product with as many of these as possible all combined together, even if it required a pretty high amount of pills would be worth it alone on convenience. When you are taking all of these things, it can get insane taking so many different pills, forgetting what you took and didnt, which ones you are running low on and need to re-order etc. etc... Combining many of them into one product would be useful in conveinence and possibly in brining the combined price down a little bit. Of course there would need to be effective doses of everything, not just scant amounts to print it on the label. I would leave out K-R-ALA just because it is a specifcally timed compound and also very expensive. You also wouldn't need to include mega-doses of everything like the list I just put up there (it would be physically possible in a product of less than 20g anyway :D) but it should also be scaleable in doseing. Other than that... I'm just dreaming probably.

(I just edited this post because I wasnt paying attention to the 'dont talk about other random stuff/dont mention other companies products' note clearly stated in the first post. I blame my stimulant use for not paying attention ;) )

naturalguy
02-14-2006, 12:23 PM
My vote would be for an all in one post workout formula. I know I take multiple things post workout and it would be nice to have everything in one powder. I think VPX had the right idea with NitronX but the cost is too much on that one. I really could care less about the flavor as long as it's effective.

martel04
02-14-2006, 12:31 PM
when will controlled labs announce the new product they think will be there next

dp13368
02-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I second either an EAA product or an endurance product.

Honestly, the endurance products are lacking. Supplements like Xtend are great but that's only half the equation. A good supplement to rival something like Body Octane should do well with the market of endurance athletes. Of course, being a bodybuilding site, this will be swamped with something to build muscle but endurance also builds muscle....very effective muscle.

That's my 2 cents.

Agreed.

Something along the lines of endurance, citrulline malate, EAA type.

SoCool
02-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Bump to a cleansing/liver product. I'm gonna take a 'break' from supps in a couple of weeks. I'm just gonna use some antioxidants and something for my liver, at least that's plan. ;)

Tarkana
02-14-2006, 01:04 PM
well, a recovery enhancer would be my first choice, which would probably involve EAA's. i also prefer everything in unflavored powder form (well, you could flavor it if you want, just don't charge any more) cause i like things cheap. I'm not exactly sure what else i'd put in a recovery enhancer (not protein, we already have that) besides eaa/bcaa and taurine. but here's some other stuff u could make:

Preworkout/endurance energy:
1.5g tyrosine (maybe some tyramine, but i don't know much about that stuff), 500mg green tea extract, 1g Panax Ginseng, 3g Citrulline Malate, 1g AlCar, Calcium Carbonate (however much for 200mg Calcium), 2g Sodium Ascorbate (~300mg sodium), 3g Magnesium Citrate (~300mg magnesium), potassium bicarbonate (however much for 1g potassium), 300mg Choline Bitartrate, maybe some more stuff i can't think of right now

Pre-bed (this one i'd really like):
30mg Zinc L-Methionine, 450mg Magnesium Aspartate, 2g Gaba, 3g Glycine, L-tryptophan (if you can get it and not make the cost skyrocket), maybe some DMAE and Alpha-GPC, and NO B6

the key to selling it (at least to ppl like me) is just leaving it powdered and have it not cost much more than all the stuff in bulk would anyway

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 01:14 PM
well, a recovery enhancer would be my first choice, which would probably involve EAA's. i also prefer everything in unflavored powder form (well, you could flavor it if you want, just don't charge any more) cause i like things cheap. I'm not exactly sure what else i'd put in a recovery enhancer (not protein, we already have that) besides eaa/bcaa and taurine. but here's some other stuff u could make:

1.5g tyrosine (maybe some tyramine, but i don't know much about that stuff), 500mg green tea extract, 1g Panax Ginseng, 3g Citrulline Malate, 1g AlCar, Calcium Carbonate (however much for 200mg Calcium), 2g Sodium Ascorbate (~300mg sodium), 3g Magnesium Citrate (~300mg magnesium), potassium bicarbonate (however much for 1g potassium), 300mg Choline Bitartrate, maybe some more stuff i can't think of right now

30mg Zinc L-Methionine, 450mg Magnesium Aspartate, 2g Gaba, 3g Glycine, L-tryptophan (if you can get it and not make the cost skyrocket), maybe some DMAE and Alpha-GPC, and NO B6

the key to selling it (at least to ppl like me) is just leaving it powdered and have it not cost much more than all the stuff in bulk would anyway

Excellent ideas.. thanks for the detail, and I agree about keeping the cost down with powder if possible. That last idea would probably fall under our "Elements" line.

I'll be personally experimenting with GABA again here soon, because my first experience was incomplete (total noob back then).

NukeDukem
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM

I like both of these.

For the pre-workout, basically they could do a combination of the "Red Sweat Complex™" (Red Acid minus appetite suppression/gugguls/fattys) plus Citrulline malate, Alcar, and I'd throw in some antioxidants. I'm not too familiar with the rest of the stuff you suggested (I put it in bold), might you explain to be the pre-workout benefits there? If so, include those too ;)

Unlike you, I would want this in a flavored mix (something tangy to mask all those aminos and stuff of course) and I'm guessing I would consume this 30-45 mins before my workout at the same time I took my GB/WB (assuming you're on those as well). It would be a very good idea IMO.

I also like the bedtime mix you put there.

I'd definately buy products such as these if they existed, good combos of stuff we are all purchasing seperately now.

The MVPlaya
02-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I think it would be great if you guys could create a good protein...or protein in a creative for IE pudding.

Tarkana
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
I like both of these.

For the pre-workout, basically they could do a combination of the "Red Sweat Complex™" (Red Acid minus appetite suppression/gugguls/fattys) plus Citrulline malate, Alcar, and I'd throw in some antioxidants. I'm not too familiar with the rest of the stuff you suggested (I put it in bold), might you explain to be the pre-workout benefits there? If so, include those too ;)

Unlike you, I would want this in a flavored mix (something tangy to mask all those aminos and stuff of course) and I'm guessing I would consume this 30-45 mins before my workout at the same time I took my GB/WB (assuming you're on those as well). It would be a very good idea IMO.

I also like the bedtime mix you put there.

I'd definately buy products such as these if they existed, good combos of stuff we are all purchasing seperately now.

the stuff you bolded are various forms of different electrolytes in larger doses than you would find in something such as gatorade. these are very good for rehydration and endurance puposes, as levels decline quickly one you break a sweat and continue wokring hard, and i just prefer unflavored cause its usually cheaper

Dr.Dave1
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
something that will keep you focused, keep you energized (w out using stims), and keep from from entering catabolism.....im thinking maybe an eaa /carbs/noontropic for preworkout....preferably one that i can afford and last more than 20 servings
I like a product along those lines. Product goals:
(1) energizes (nonephedra based) - thus far the most cost effective energizer I have found is caffeine; all the high priced products that I have tried gave no better results.
(2) increases concentration/focus - I have not tried a nootropic but I could definitely benefit from one.
(3) anti-cortisol - let's face it life is stressful and while we can cut some of that stress out we can't get rid of it all. It would be nice to block the cortisol that is cutting into our gains.
If those three goals could be met one would have a focused, explosive workout that would not be diminished by catabolism. IMO a nice way to maximize returns.

NukeDukem
02-14-2006, 01:40 PM
the stuff you bolded are various forms of different electrolytes in larger doses than you would find in something such as gatorade. these are very good for rehydration and endurance puposes, as levels decline quickly one you break a sweat and continue wokring hard, and i just prefer unflavored cause its usually cheaper

Thanks for explaining, I'm always eager to be informed :D

As far as cost goes, IMO, flavoring is going to be the last of our concerns. The stuff we are suggesting are all pretty expensive ingredients on their own. Of course we want it in effective dosages too. I would expect these products to be pretty expensive just because of what we are proposing they put in them. But combined in one high dollar product it should still be a better option than buying everything seperately for both convenience and price benefits of consolidation.

Just look at what people pay for the BSN mass stack (sorry) and swear by the results. If Controlled Labs or anyone put together a product like you suggested it would blow other pre workout products out of the water in terms of results, and still probably cost less :D

secondsight
02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
A pre/during EAA/CHO workout drink would be kewl. Remember ... keep it simple but effective

Runngunn29
02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
peanut butter chocolate.. if it tasted good/good nutritional profile/nice price I'd buy loads upon loads of it

To continue the thread i liked the protein bar, bcaa/cm, and pre-post mixes ideas.

naturalguy
02-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Some business advice.......................you guys need an NoXplode type drink in your lineup, at a better price of course. You can see how popular these drinks are. One thing that can separate your product would be to have the addition of BCAA's or EAA's as almost everyone is taking these too. MetRx has the right idea with Amped however their bcaa dose is too low.

cxm
02-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Breakdown of formula

Citrulline Malate 3 gr 0.27 cents
500 grams $44.99

ALCAR 3gr 0.14 cents
1000 grams $47.99

Beta-alanine 1.5 gr 0.09 cents
1000 grams $59.99

L-Tyrosine 2 gr 0.08 cents
1000 grams $37.99

L-Taurine 3 gr 0.06 cents
1000 grams $19.99

Vitamin B6 10 mg ???
Electrolytes ???
artificial sweetner ???
etc. ???

Just an estimation of price if bought in bulk

TOTAL 0.64 cents a serving
This is not including the electrolytes, Vitamin b6, flavoring and packaging.

beer20
02-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Breakdown of formula

500 grams $44.99

ALCAR 3gr 0.14 cents
1000 grams $47.99

1000 grams $59.99

1000 grams $37.99

1000 grams $19.99

Vitamin B6 10 mg ???
Electrolytes ???
artificial sweetner ???
etc. ???

nice cxm,thats what im talking about.
i use most of those preworkout now,would be great with some flavoring...

cxm
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
nice cxm,thats what im talking about.
i use most of those preworkout now,would be great with some flavoring...

thanks, same here. I love my CM.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Breakdown of formula

500 grams $44.99

ALCAR 3gr 0.14 cents
1000 grams $47.99

1000 grams $59.99

1000 grams $37.99

1000 grams $19.99

Vitamin B6 10 mg ???
Electrolytes ???
artificial sweetner ???
etc. ???

maybe add some Cnidium or Vanadyl Sulfate??

Its a great list Im just throwing stuff out there to see how it could be better........

Phosphate bond
02-14-2006, 02:44 PM
(1) energizes (nonephedra based) - thus far the most cost effective energizer I have found is caffeine; all the high priced products that I have tried gave no better results.
(2) increases concentration/focus - I have not tried a nootropic but I could definitely benefit from one.
(3) anti-cortisol - let's face it life is stressful and while we can cut some of that stress out we can't get rid of it all. It would be nice to block the cortisol that is cutting into our gains.
If those three goals could be met one would have a focused, explosive workout that would not be diminished by catabolism. IMO a nice way to maximize returns.

Yeah Blocking cortisol and "nootropic" are one in the same in my opinion. If the conditions that promote poor energy metabolism are avoided you should naturally make more acetylcholine and monoamine neurotransmitters and less cortisol.

EAAs are pretty cool too. I like this Universal EAA stack a lot. If I could change anything about it though I might replace some of the phenylalanine with tyrosine.

giantroidaddict
02-14-2006, 02:58 PM
a sleep/relaxation supplement is my vote.

cxm
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
maybe add some Cnidium or Vanadyl Sulfate??

Its a great list Im just throwing stuff out there to see how it could be better........

Thanks for your kind words, :). I remember Loky mentioning Vanadyl Sulfate was toxic after a certain period of taking it. I will see if I can find it.

Edit:

It's toxic if you use it at the effective dosage (30-40mg/meal) for very long, but, with that said, if you're using it on an infrequent basis to speed yourself into ketosis or as part of a glycogen-load, it's quite a good supplement.

Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B (PTP1B), which is the pathway vanadyl seems to exploit, is a very important mediator of leptin signaling & insulin memisis.

Skinny Fat found this

Vanadyl is a pretty good supplement if used infrequently at high dosages during periods where your carb-intake is really high.

Nothing miraculous, but it definitely makes a difference.

Definitely is toxic however, which is kind of a downer.

Tarkana
02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
hmm, i think i'll do a breakdown too. wonder how much this costs...

1.5g tyrosine - 5.7 cents at $38/kilo
500mg green tea extract - 5 cents at $100/kilo
1g Panax Ginseng - 9 cents at $12/130g (capped)
3g Citrulline Malate - 27 cents at $45/500g
1g AlCar - 4.8 cents at $48/kilo
800mg Calcium Carbonate - 1 cent at $4/12oz
2g Sodium Ascorbate - 6 cents at $7/8oz
(added) 1g Sodium Acetate - 1.5 cents at $15/kilo
3g Magnesium Citrate - 9 cents at $7/8oz
potassium bicarbonate - no clue, but gluconate would be about 10 cents
300mg Choline Bitartrate - 0.6 cents at $20/kilo

so that's about 80 cents per seving, with a third of that coming from citrulline *sigh*. so a month supply working out 4x/week would be ~$14!!! (without citrulline, it would be $9!!!!!!)

Pre-bed
30mg Zinc L-Methionine - 6 cents at $6/100 caps (opti l-zinc)
450mg Magnesium Aspartate - dunno, but malate is 1.8 cents capped
2g Gaba - 6 cents at $30/kilo
3g Glycine - 6 cents at $9/lb
L-tryptophan - a lot, prolly, so i'll exclude that for now, since they prolly wouldnt use it anyway

so that's 19.8 cents/serving, everyday is ~$6 a month!!!!

if they added these:
500mg DMAE - 1.5 cents at $30/kilo
800mg Alpha-GPC - 25 cents at $140/450g
which would make it 46.3 cents/serving, $13.90/month, still not too bad, but a bit much for a sleep supp, so maybe alpha-gcp is a bad idea... but choline picolinate could work instead and is dirt cheap

so these mixes could be made extremely cheaply. even I would pay more for the first mix if it was flavored and pre-mixed/packaged. both of these leave enough room for a pretty good prfit margin while still keeping the price very cheap. i'd recommend about $1/serving and 25 cents respectively and a bulk supply loyalist like me would buy them non-stop

cgcgraded
02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I would like to see maybe a cortisol blocker or an effective non-hormonal anabolic product.

Keep up the good work guys. Great company with great products.

Ephedra
02-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Great tasting, cost effective, WPI.

I also think it would put CL in the right direction since protein seems to be one of the major missing links in the product line.

pu12en12g
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Great ideas you guys... this feedback is a real eye-opener and it has me considering a few new directions. :cool:

saosinner
02-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Do you have any supplements available there locally ?
:cool:

yes sir. We have GNC and other stores that sell supplements but they only have limited and old products like celltech,On's whey protein and On's CGT. We dont have new products like creatine ethyl esther. I wish to be the first filipino to do a log for the GB and WB combo

kingcarlos
02-14-2006, 06:15 PM
IMO, there are still 2 products that's lacking in Clabs
1) Citrulline malate products (mainly engorgenic, improve aerobic performance)
2)stimulants (green tea extract, caffeine, etc)

beau_zo_brehm
02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
either topical NO, or some energy/motivation/endurance booster...

Denzelfan
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM

Bannana Cream and other fruity flavores mentioned from others.

I would like to purchase new and diffrent flavores much like Muscle Milk then the same boring flavores that everyone carries (Choclate,Venilla,Strawberry ect.)

How about a Preworkout Caffein/NO/Creatine Mix Supplement?

adidamps2
02-15-2006, 12:05 AM
i'm a big multivitamin fan. i see CL doesnt have one.
but i'd like to see a good combo of something like Animal pac and Beverly internationals super pack. the dosage size and lowered pill volume of Beverly international combined with the herbal and amino acid combo that animal pack has?? maybe maybe not. i dunno sounds good to me.

or maybe a good whey iso/dextrose/creatine post work out powder.

deserusan
02-15-2006, 12:10 AM
1. Magnesium creatine chelate powder in bulk form
2. EAA product that tastes decent
3. BCAA product that tastes good

ericgonzalez
02-15-2006, 12:15 AM
- EAA cocktail or BCAA cocktail with original flavors (ie margarita flavor)

- High protein bar without crappy sugar alcohol (which gives me the runs pretty bad)

ericgonzalez
02-15-2006, 12:20 AM
I haven't touched chocolate or vanilla flavored protein in like 2 years or so.

Bump to this - I'd be willing to get some. Since you're asking us to brainstorm, what about coconut?

hxcBB
02-15-2006, 01:02 AM
well we all need the basics, so it would be nice to make a whey, or a multi vitamin to add to your list of products.

bc_2005
02-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Green Bulge and White blood in a powder form mixed and ready to go

BigNorwegian
02-15-2006, 03:12 AM
Great tasting, cost effective, WPI.

I also think it would put CL in the right direction since protein seems to be one of the major missing links in the product line.

Agreed. I think a cost effective and solid WPI would put you guys on the map big time. Every "big" supplement company has a protien, why not CL?

Protien > Creatine
Protien > NO
Protien > Nearly everything

We need protien, and it proves difficult to find a cost efficent, good tasteing, easy to mix and effective protien these days.

Hope this helps,
BigNorg

Stuart Rudolph
02-15-2006, 03:13 AM
For me being above 225lbs, I go through bottles of GB pretty quickly at 7 capsule dosings. I believe GB in powder form would be very favorable for the above 225lbs crowd, even though it may be on the pricey side. GB and GG are already a popular stack, imagine if you had the GB in bulk, offered along with GG, now that I believe would sell!

BigNorwegian
02-15-2006, 03:21 AM

I agree 110%. He is onto something here for sure. I would seriously take this into consideration.

I have also found caffeine to be the most cost effective energizer without a doubt. At $7.00 bucks a bottle, who can complain.

BigNorg

Tamacracker
02-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Agreed. I think a cost effective and solid WPI would put you guys on the map big time. Every "big" supplement company has a protien, why not CL?

Protien > Creatine
Protien > NO
Protien > Nearly everything

We need protien, and it proves difficult to find a cost efficent, good tasteing, easy to mix and effective protien these days.

Hope this helps,
BigNorg

Bump on that... Protein's very important, everyone would love a cost effective protein powder that tastes good.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
PU...we all know you are big on the quality of Whey Proteins

why not make a whey protein with a spectacular amino acid profile at a great price.....perhaps one that could rival ONs here on BB.com

and I prefer Strawberry flavor;)

BigNorwegian
02-15-2006, 11:38 AM
This may sound kind of stupid, but it makes sense to me.

Note: I haven't drank alcohol in the past 6 months.

What I am thinking however is that I know that when you mix vodka with certain things the taste of alcohol cancels out. For instance, vodka and crystal lite works well. I'm sure you guys know others as well. My point being that, every taste may be cancelled out by another, why not invest some time and research into a WPI and find a flavoring system which will cancel out the protien taste. There has to be something.

Good luck,
BigNorg

PureMotivation
02-15-2006, 11:56 AM
As others have posted, a protein/energy bar with solid ingredients not a whole bunch of crap.

Also, an energy/endurance product without caffeine, it seems all of the stimulants now are just loaded with caffeine. I know alot of you pop the 200mg's without thinking about it, but I try and keep my caffeine intake low and not build up a huge tolerance for it. I'm not sure if any such product would be as effective without caffeine, but just wanted to say it anyways.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
As others have posted, a protein/energy bar with solid ingredients not a whole bunch of crap.

Also, an energy/endurance product without caffeine, it seems all of the stimulants now are just loaded with caffeine. I know alot of you pop the 200mg's without thinking about it, but I try and keep my caffeine intake low and not build up a huge tolerance for it. I'm not sure if any such product would be as effective without caffeine, but just wanted to say it anyways.
caffeine is the best energy supplement out that is legal imo

martel04
02-15-2006, 12:34 PM
hey pu let us know what your leaning towards right now cant wait for another great product from CL thanks

wantstobeinshap
02-15-2006, 12:46 PM
a Leptin product that signals the fed state so we can do lean bulks again...

Phosphate bond
02-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Bump on that... Protein's very important, everyone would love a cost effective protein powder that tastes good.

OMG, you guys are killing me reading some of this stuff. Protein is a hard market to compete in as its a pure commodity.

Personally I think the EAA idea has some merit for a few reasons I haven't ever mentioned. While its not exactly "cutting edge" it does seem so far to produce a different kind of effect compared to whole protein. I suspect the methionine (combined with no cysteine) and the lack of nonessential aminos stimulating glucagon has something to with it. Plus it makes less acid compared to a whole protein with an equal amount of EAAs in it. Only thing knocking the idea in my mind from a business standpoint is the quasi commodity status it has and you have to realize controlled labs is a small company. Come to think of it Scivation has done pretty well with Xtend though and that's a product in the same category (quasi commodity status)

BigNorwegian
02-15-2006, 01:04 PM
OMG, you guys are killing me reading some of this stuff. Protein is a hard market to compete in as its a pure commodity.

Personally I think the EAA idea has some merit for a few reasons I haven't ever mentioned. While its not exactly "cutting edge" it does seem so far to produce a different kind of effect compared to whole protein. I suspect the methionine (combined with no cysteine) and the lack of nonessential aminos stimulating glucagon has something to with it. Plus it makes less acid compared to a whole protein with an equal amount of EAAs in it. Only thing knocking the idea in my mind from a business standpoint is the quasi commodity status it has and you have to realize controlled labs is a small company. Come to think of it Scivation has done pretty well with Xtend though and that's a product in the same category (quasi commodity status)

Absolutely disagree.

Gas, oil, gold are all commodities. And if infact you wish to believe protien is a commodity in this business, then it would be a wise choice to invest in it. It seems as if protien is nearly a neccesity in this market for companies to have on their line. I don't know much about the supplement business, but my personal opinon is that protien is at least in the top 3 goods sold in the business. Perhaps next to Creatine and Multi.

BigNorg

NukeDukem
02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
BigNorwegian, do you think Controlled Labs could sell bottled water for as cheap as Wal-Mart? I really doubt it. Sort of the same concept here, which is why I didn't suggest a protein powder (Most of us are already addicted to whatever is the very cheapest source of whatever protein powder we have been using, since it is our biggest bulk daily staple).

As a small company, innovative products are going to help them grow. I personally wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a nice mix of pre-workout ingredients and bedtime ingredients that have never been consolidated into one product before.

Plus, you don't get this intimate of an opportunity to give input and suggestions that may actually be listened to with larger companies.

Jsorb8997
02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Appetite enhancer. I don't care how you do it, but if you do, I'll buy it, period.

arnoldismyhero
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Appetite enhancer
I agree.

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Please DO NOT bash or name any current product or any current company in this thread

Thanks

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Appetite enhancer. I don't care how you do it, but if you do, I'll buy it, period.

:cool: Thanks for the feedback man... definately appreciate it.

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
For me being above 225lbs, I go through bottles of GB pretty quickly at 7 capsule dosings. I believe GB in powder form would be very favorable for the above 225lbs crowd, even though it may be on the pricey side. GB and GG are already a popular stack, imagine if you had the GB in bulk, offered along with GG, now that I believe would sell!

I'm definately feelin that.. I know some people want to be able to choose between a powder and the capsules. Thanks for the feedback :cool:

Phosphate bond
02-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Absolutely disagree.

Gas, oil, gold are all commodities. And if infact you wish to believe protien is a commodity in this business, then it would be a wise choice to invest in it. It seems as if protien is nearly a neccesity in this market for companies to have on their line. I don't know much about the supplement business, but my personal opinon is that protien is at least in the top 3 goods sold in the business. Perhaps next to Creatine and Multi.

BigNorg

I agree that protein is a necessity and is in the top 3, but the problem with it is competition. I just imagine with the small margins you'd tie up too much company capital for very little gain. Of course brand new "never seen before" products might be tough too because nobody ever heard of them. Even harder is making sure you know they work if you are pioneering.

no_strain_no_ga
02-15-2006, 01:55 PM
sorry, for this, but if u recieve a email fro m22kramer@yahoo.com, that is me, forgot to put my username

Tarkana
02-15-2006, 01:57 PM
yeah, i think protein would be a bad choice since there's so much competition and most settle on one of a certain few powders. also, i personally don't like caffeine, as well as others, so i wouldn't buy a pre-w/o supp with caffeine, plus anyone could buy pure caffeine easily. If you did something like make a powdered mix that was MCC, AEE and OEE, i'm sure that would sell well. If you wanted to possibly make a recovery supp it would also be the EAA supp, and probably be EAA with more BCAA, taurine, carnosine... whatever else enhances recovery, i dunno, i'm still looking for more recovery enhancement, so that would be good.

bodybuilder45
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
i would like to see a stimulant type product that enhances energy really well, yet does not build a tolerance or downregulate receptors. the only supplements that i can think of that does this are ALCAR and L tyrosine and the energy is very mild at best. this idea is probably a little far fetched but i hate cycling on and off stims. id rather have a product that gives great energy all the time for workout purposes. i dont care about thermogenic properties as much.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
yeah, i think protein would be a bad choice since there's so much competition and most settle on one of a certain few powders. also, i personally don't like caffeine, as well as others, so i wouldn't buy a pre-w/o supp with caffeine, plus anyone could buy pure caffeine easily. If you did something like make a powdered mix that was MCC, AEE and OEE, i'm sure that would sell well. If you wanted to possibly make a recovery supp it would also be the EAA supp, and probably be EAA with more BCAA, taurine, carnosine... whatever else enhances recovery, i dunno, i'm still looking for more recovery enhancement, so that would be good.
i agree w Big norweigan

there arent enough High Quality preteins out there that are at a great price/servings...

i can t hink of 1 thats at the top tight now

beer20
02-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I agree that protein is a necessity and is in the top 3, but the problem with it is competition. I just imagine with the small margins you'd tie up too much company capital for very little gain. Of course brand new "never seen before" products might be tough too because nobody ever heard of them. Even harder is making sure you know they work if you are pioneering.
i agree.i also think that protein is something CL should do later on down the line to round out the product line when they already have 10-12 different products out....

spartanstrength
02-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I like xtend a lot but its so damn expenisve. If you could make a similar version except cheaper that would be amazing(with add EAA's-lol wouldnt make it cheaper but I can dream)

And since PA can release his injectable muscle builder maybe you can do something like that

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Without naming products or companies, I agree with Phosphate that there is already market saturation far both Concentrates and Isolates (including some very cool fruit flavors).

Please DO NOT bash or name any current product or any current company in this thread

Blap Blaow
02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
there arent enough High Quality preteins out there that are at a great price/servings...

I disagree. CL would have to make it one special and very cost-effective protein to compete with bulk powders and additional (BSL) flavourings.

As much as I respect CL, I couldn't see myself buying it unless it competed with bulk protein VERY favourably in terms of price and quality.

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
i would like to see a stimulant type product that enhances energy really well, yet does not build a tolerance or downregulate receptors. the only supplements that i can think of that does this are ALCAR and L tyrosine and the energy is very mild at best. this idea is probably a little far fetched but i hate cycling on and off stims. id rather have a product that gives great energy all the time for workout purposes. i dont care about thermogenic properties as much.

Definately feelin this.... awesome feedback... I'm loving these ideas.

cxm
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Personally I think there is too much competition in protein products, thus making harder to actually be successful. I for one buy most of my protein in bulk, because I want the cash to try other supplements. Eventually we all get tired of buying the same protein from company "X" and then go to company "Y" and so on.

warriors
02-15-2006, 02:14 PM
I disagree. CL would have to make it one special and very cost-effective protein to compete with bulk powders and additional (BSL) flavourings.

As much as I respect CL, I couldn't see myself buying it unless it competed with bulk protein VERY favourably in terms of price and quality.

I agree. It would be very hard for CL IMO to get the cost down enough for ppl to switch their protein powder.

beer20
i agree,something like what cxm proposed.
i think there should be a good amount of CM in there too.
in slated's CM thread a lot of people where praising it,but saying most products under dose it....

jkeithc82
I like xtend a lot but its so damn expenisve. If you could make a similar version except cheaper that would be amazing(with add EAA's-lol wouldnt make it cheaper but I can dream)

Without "naming any current products" I will say that a certain BCAA + CM + Glutamine with awesome flavoring is already priced as low as humanly possible.

cxm
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Without "naming any current products" I will say that a certain BCAA + CM + Glutamine with awesome flavoring is already priced as low as humanly possible.

AGREE 850% (********** talk) :D and I love it. :)

benny4ever
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Many good suggestions, but imo what we you guys would really make soem serious cash from is the corisol products.

I haven't been able to find anything satisfiying (I know my english sux;D ) but if you could produce something and show us good results from it, me and alot of my BB friends would die to get this product.
Thats my 10cents ;)

Best of luck! (I guess you will need it)

NukeDukem
02-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, we can't expect prime rib for 99 cents a pound guys. I am very comfortable with the fact that some of these innovative suggestions will require some significant investment of fundage.

industryman
02-15-2006, 02:26 PM
A stackable non stimulant-pre-workout
Citrulline Malate-2650mg.
Tyrosine AKG-1000mg.
DMAE-100mg.
Cnidium Monneri-100mg.
Gingko-100mg.
R-ALA-200mg.
Taurine AKG-250mg.
Vanadyl Sulfate-20mg.

Serving Size : 6 capsules

Great for any stack of any creatine/AAKG/ Stimulant. This combo is great.
Make a 120 cap 20 serving bottle.
Don't be afraid to list the ingredients. Proprietary blends don't impress anyone. Everything in the stack is dosed well. You'll see this stack soon.

cocoapi
02-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I would like to see a simple nootropic type formula. For example...

~2.4 g Piracetam
~1 g Alcar
~some sort of choline
(maybe) dmae

Capped or a nice lemon-ish flavor for 30 servings for ~20 bucks. I don't really know if this is feasible, but that is what I would like lol. Thanks.

cxm
02-15-2006, 02:35 PM
in slated's CM thread a lot of people where praising it,but saying most products under dose it....

****cxm starts praying for this product****

Dempsey6068
02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I think people have kind of mentioned this in some form or another, but I would love to see a product that supports CNS function, something along the lines of Biotest's Power Drive or an old EAS product called Neurodrive. I know a lot of athletes like myself have a tendency to overtrain the CNS, and even when our muscles are recovered our performance is still affected due to CNS function. I don't know what this would entail or how feasible it is, but you said dream products, so there you go...

beer20
02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Tyrosine AKG-1000mg.
DMAE-100mg.
Cnidium Monneri-100mg.
Gingko-100mg.
R-ALA-200mg.
Taurine AKG-250mg.
Vanadyl Sulfate-20mg.

Don't be afraid to list the ingredients. Proprietary blends don't impress anyone. Everything in the stack is dosed well. You'll see this stack soon.
looks interesting.
i think i as a consumer would wonder about the r-ala in there.
i think others would too.
k-r-ala would take care of that,but also raise the price...

Mister_A
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I'll vote for that too.

dwm230000
02-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Actually, they seem to impress a lot of people which really sucks. I think most people are impressed by the number and names of the ingredients in a blend but don't really consider what the amounts of each could be.

I'd personally like to see a nootropic or ergogenic(that is not a blend). Making some of your current products available as powders is also a good idea IMO.

BigNorwegian
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Theres a lot of protiens on the market, but the fact is that 90% of them are pure ****. I won't name companies because I want to abide and respect Pu's wishes, but honestly come on. There are companies out there who pump **** into their protiens and claim that it does this and that and the uneducated public buys it. They put worthless crap into the powder that does nothing, at least not at such minimal dosages. The only reason companies are able to do this and its not a waste of money for them is because the public is ignorant. "Hmmm, look at all this stuff, must make be big, I think I'll buy some."

I want a solid protien that tastes good and mixes well. It doesn't have to be at amazing price, just a respectable price.

BigNorg

cocoapi
02-15-2006, 04:03 PM
I would like to see a simple nootropic type formula. For example...

~2.4 g Piracetam
~1 g Alcar
~some sort of choline
(maybe) dmae

Capped or a nice lemon-ish flavor for 30 servings for ~20 bucks. I don't really know if this is feasible, but that is what I would like lol. Thanks.

I just wanted to add that I'm really not sure about the legality of selling Piracetam in a blend since it is classified as an "orphan drug." Does anyone know of another product that contains it, besides plain bulk powder?

Lonny
02-15-2006, 05:49 PM
I just wanted to add that I'm really not sure about the legality of selling Piracetam in a blend since it is classified as an "orphan drug." Does anyone know of another product that contains it, besides plain bulk powder?

From what i understand its really "grey area" at the moment leaning to the white side. It isn't something companies want to market and sell as it will probably draw unwanted attention to them.

A few companies have sold it in products before but from what i can tell, they either removed it or discontinued the product.

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 05:56 PM
sorry, for this, but if u recieve a email fro m22kramer@yahoo.com, that is me, forgot to put my username

Got it... thanks for the ideas :cool:

dito
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
From what i understand its really "grey area" at the moment leaning to the white side. It isn't something companies want to market and sell as it will probably draw unwanted attention to them.

A few companies have sold it in products before but from what i can tell, they either removed it or discontinued the product.

I know AF gets away with selling it in their nootropic blend.

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Many good suggestions, but imo what we you guys would really make soem serious cash from is the corisol products.

I haven't been able to find anything satisfiying (I know my english sux;D ) but if you could produce something and show us good results from it, me and alot of my BB friends would die to get this product.
Thats my 10cents ;)

Best of luck! (I guess you will need it)

Thanks for the feedback man... definately getting the cortisol message :p

dito
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM
I know AF gets away with selling it in their nootropic blend.

I think it's labeled as 2oxo if I recall correctly.

Diego Sanchez
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Tyrosine AKG-1000mg.
DMAE-100mg.
Cnidium Monneri-100mg.
Gingko-100mg.
R-ALA-200mg.
Taurine AKG-250mg.
Vanadyl Sulfate-20mg.

Good one. More taurine per serving though maybe?

jdiritto
02-15-2006, 06:38 PM

this is all you need..

tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol

[the chemical name for tetrahydrocannabinol (C21H30O2) - the active ingredient in marijuana]

the legalities could get tricky though..

pu12en12g
02-15-2006, 06:41 PM
this is all you need..

tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol

[the chemical name for tetrahydrocannabinol (C21H30O2) - the active ingredient in marijuana]

the legalities could get tricky though..

THC is already a pharmaceutical drug, so I don't think it could be sold as a dietary supplement... good idea though.

;)

Tarkana
02-15-2006, 07:11 PM
why would u take that? tetrahydrocannabinol... that's THC, it would make u test positive for smoking pot... though if it were sold like that, i'm sure plenty of ppl would buy it to use as an excuse for testing positive.

Kledz
02-15-2006, 07:13 PM
THC is already a pharmaceutical drug, so I don't think it could be sold as a dietary supplement... good idea though.

;)

Ah yes, Marinol :cool:

Wouldnt that be nice?

While you're at it why not a little Psilocybin? It would give the color themed CL line new meaning... literally.

martel04
02-15-2006, 07:26 PM
i would like to see something like this

creatine ethyl ester 5g
bcaa ethyl ester 6g
citrulline malate ethyl ester 4g
arginine ethyl ester 3g
L norvaline ethyl ester 2g
beta alanine ethyl ester 2g
glutamine ethyl ester 2g
taurine ethyl ester 2g
L histidine ethyl ester 1g

i belive that would be the best legal strength muscle builder out if you released something like this. i think it would be perfect for the next cl product let me know what you think.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-15-2006, 07:48 PM

creatine ethyl ester 5g
bcaa ethyl ester 6g
arginine ethyl ester 3g
glutamine ethyl ester 2g
taurine ethyl ester 2g

i belive that would be the best legal strength muscle builder out if you released something like this. i think it would be perfect for the next cl product let me know what you think.
everyone is obsessing about ethyl ester when in reality they arent always the best form....

Tarkana
02-15-2006, 07:51 PM
seriously, why would u esterify all of that? all it would do is up the price and make u need to take more since the molecules are now bigger

beer20
02-15-2006, 07:59 PM

creatine ethyl ester 5g
bcaa ethyl ester 6g
arginine ethyl ester 3g
glutamine ethyl ester 2g
taurine ethyl ester 2g

that would be the "in" thing to do,but it would just be a passing trend type supplement...

Tarkana
02-15-2006, 08:06 PM
they should be innovative and chelate everything to magnesium. magnesium bcaa chelate, magnesium beta-alanine chelate, magnesium arginine chelate... ah, that would amuse me

cocoapi
02-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I think it's labeled as 2oxo if I recall correctly.

Interesting. The chemical name of Piracetam is 2-oxo-pyrrolidone (among others) and they list that as an ingredient in their "Neurogenex." It actually seems like pretty decent product, except I couldn't find the amounts of each ingredient.

Thanks dito. And sorry PU for going off topic a bit.

superhombre2k
02-15-2006, 09:57 PM
I'd like to see a CHEAP BCAA powder so megadosing isn't so expensive.

industryman
02-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Good one. More taurine per serving though maybe?
If some were willing to do an 8 cap serving. I would definetely bump the Taurine. Diego, e-mail me if your interested in supplement sponsership. I'm not sure if your already with someone.

pu12en12g
02-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I'd like to see a CHEAP BCAA powder so megadosing isn't so expensive.

Cheap BCAA are already available in bulk, so I wouldn't consider that a void in the industy... but I'm definately a big fan of megadosing them (for a noticable effect)..

cxm
02-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Any clue of when we might see this new product pure???

Blap Blaow
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Any clue of when we might see this new product pure???
from Tank's sig

Out end of March:
Purple ****** :)

:)

beer20
02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
purple teletubby?
:D

Blap Blaow
02-16-2006, 11:07 AM
purple teletubby?

Tanky Winky
Dipsy
Lala
Pure

back on topic- I'd like a nice (and inexpensive) antioxidant. Maybe combined with a well-blended multivitamin?

Guardian
02-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Areas The Supplement Market Lacks in (in my opinion)

Non Stimulatory Fatt Loss Aids- It seems everybody pimps eca or similar for fat loss as the be all end all, and for good reason. The only decent non stim fat loss is sesamin, and even that is generally only recommended for lean bulking (although its working great for me for even cutting). If a non stim fat loss aid that rivaled or equaled eca could be found it would be one hot product.

Cortisol Control- Something I study extensively, unfortunatly very few or pretty much zero products that work effectively with solid studies behind them. The products that contain decent ingredients use doses that are way to low and non price effective. Cortisol is a greta product that on bulk can lower abdominal fat gain and in cutting and lower catabolism. If a high qulaity and effective supplement was made it seriously could serve as an all year staple like creatine.

Cost effective caesin protein- Most of these proteins are priced high enough where people dont buy it or are better off using 2 doses of whey with a slow digesting agent. While nearly everyone on the boards uses whey I bet very few use caesin due to the price even though it has great potential.

jdiritto
02-16-2006, 11:47 AM
why would u take that? tetrahydrocannabinol... that's THC, it would make u test positive for smoking pot... though if it were sold like that, i'm sure plenty of ppl would buy it to use as an excuse for testing positive.

the guy wanted an appetite enhancer...thc does that best out of everything i know

also - alot of ppl buy creatine cos its been rumored to mask THC in urine.. ive heard a few ppl i work with use this to their advantage, and was going to give some hoe i kno some when she applied for an nursing job at the local med center...

id personally opt to be drug free for the few weeks prior to the exam, than smoke a fatty immediately afterward...possibly as i walk to my car from the building. <3 than go home and munch down some tuna haha

Phosphate bond
02-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Cheap BCAA are already available in bulk, so I wouldn't consider that a void in the industy... but I'm definately a big fan of megadosing them (for a noticable effect)..

Have you tried the EAAs yet?

Prep8611
02-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Definitly Appetite Enhancer, I think the best part of being in a PH/PS cycle is the feeling of never ending hunger, so if you guys could do that I would definitly purchse it.

martel04
02-16-2006, 02:18 PM
give us some more hints

Purple ******

first person who guesses the product should get one free

martel04
02-16-2006, 02:19 PM
purple nurple maybe lol

i think thats it you can pm for my free purple nurple

martel04
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
pu any info and hows my guess

CONTROLLED LABS
02-16-2006, 08:44 PM
give us some more hints

Purple ******

first person who guesses the product should get one free
sounds fine, but its not an easy one like glycergrow, the name is not indicative of the product type. But I will play your game :)

warriors
02-16-2006, 08:52 PM
sounds fine, but its not an easy one like glycergrow, the name is not indicative of the product type. But I will play your game :)

I thought it was gonna be called yellow something??

Tarkana
02-16-2006, 09:06 PM
i wanna hint. what kinda product is it? at least what time its meant for (pre-w/o or post or whenever its for)

pu12en12g
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
I thought it was gonna be called yellow something??

Very interesting..

EXACTLY when and where did you hear that ? (from who)

Phosphate bond
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Theres a lot of protiens on the market, but the fact is that 90% of them are pure ****. I won't name companies because I want to abide and respect Pu's wishes, but honestly come on. There are companies out there who pump **** into their protiens and claim that it does this and that and the uneducated public buys it. They put worthless crap into the powder that does nothing, at least not at such minimal dosages. The only reason companies are able to do this and its not a waste of money for them is because the public is ignorant. "Hmmm, look at all this stuff, must make be big, I think I'll buy some."

I want a solid protien that tastes good and mixes well. It doesn't have to be at amazing price, just a respectable price.

BigNorg

Wow. You sound like a hard customer to please :p

If anything the quality of protein has really impproved to the point where even the low end stuff is good.

The time to make money in protein was 10 years ago when Next nutrition was selling 2 lbs of whey concentrate for $30.

Actually the incredible demand for ever higher quality and lower prices in protein only proves my point that margins are extremely lean.

Interesting thread.

cxm
02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Pure, is this thread for purple ***** ????

NukeDukem
02-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Very interesting..

EXACTLY when and where did you hear that ? (from who)

I thought I'd seen it so I looked

This is a while back so no big deal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=7194753&postcount=18

This thread gets into it: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=679607&highlight=yellow

Culminating with: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8479256&postcount=20

So Tank has spoken of it. I don't know where that other guy came from with the question about it, maybe it was in Tank's sig? Either that or that hithard guy came from some other source of info.

pu12en12g
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Pure, is this thread for purple ***** ????

I don't know... what's the ***** ? :p

beer20
02-16-2006, 10:47 PM

This is a while back so no big deal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=7194753&postcount=18

This thread gets into it: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=679607&highlight=yellow

Culminating with: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8479256&postcount=20

So Tank has spoken of it. I don't know where that other guy came from with the question about it, maybe it was in Tank's sig? Either that or that hithard guy came from some other source of info.
it was in tank's sig around the time the glycergrow writeup was posted

pu12en12g
02-16-2006, 10:49 PM

Don't mind me... I forgot how Tank likes to have outdated info in his sig :p

j/k Tank... please don't send me to solitary again.

cxm
02-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't know...
Ok ;)

what's the ***** ? :p
Im just trying to follow the rules you posted. :p :D

Kledz
02-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Purple Rain...

Purifies you like the water of Lake Minnetonka.

NukeDukem
02-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Purple Rain...

Purifies you like the water of Lake Minnetonka.

LOL

If there is any chance at all of that being their plan I could imagine them being sued by Prince :D That would be comedy gold.

I like it tho.. Purple Rain.

I was also thinking Purple Heart, and Purple Plasma. dunno why :D

deserusan
02-17-2006, 02:21 AM
Purple Mushroom.......

CONTROLLED LABS
02-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Don't mind me... I forgot how Tank likes to have outdated info in his sig :p

j/k Tank... please don't send me to solitary again.
haha, i always forget to change that thing. now drop and give me 50 son :)

B-baldy
02-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Purple Snow.
Where is Barney

pu12en12g
02-17-2006, 05:50 AM
haha, i always forget to change that thing. now drop and give me 50 son :)

I would start with 2 or 3 at a time to assess your tolerance :p

BigNorwegian
02-17-2006, 05:53 AM
So Pu, what is CL leabing towards right now?

pu12en12g
02-17-2006, 06:00 AM
So Pu, what is CL leabing towards right now?

Well we already have a few products in the works... some that I already know you guys will love... but I'm bound by a Confidentiality Agreement, so I'll let Tank answer that (and be as detailed as HE wants)... otherwise I'll end up as a ****** rep ("Why is this man smiling? It's not ******"....) :D

What I CAN say, is that the poll numbers are VERY interesting compared to this thread (that's why we kept them confidential), and in addition.... the thread comments in and of themselves are VERY helpful to me as a consultant. I definately appreciate all the E-Mails and PM's as well ! :eek:

As always, the final decisions will be up to Tank as far as what will make it to production.

NumberTwentyTwo
02-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Well we already have a few products in the works... some that I already know you guys will love... but I'm bound by a Confidentiality Agreement, so I'll let Tank answer that (and be as detailed as HE wants)... otherwise I'll end up as a ****** rep ("Why is this man smiling? It's not ******"....) :D

What I CAN say, is that the poll numbers are VERY interesting compared to this thread (that's why we kept them confidential), and in addition.... the thread comments in and of themselves are VERY helpful to me as a consultant. I definately appreciate all the E-Mails and PM's as well ! :eek:

As always, the final decisions will be up to Tank as far as what will make it to production.
that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

warriors
02-17-2006, 08:38 AM
it was in tank's sig around the time the glycergrow writeup was posted

that's where i seen it...

martel04
02-17-2006, 12:52 PM
how many letters is the second word. purple ****** is it 6 or no let me know thanks

NumberTwentyTwo
02-17-2006, 01:00 PM
how many letters is the second word. purple ****** is it 6 or no let me know thanks
wow ur hardcore on this man

Dr.Dave1
02-17-2006, 01:06 PM
it's obviously going to be called Purple Power ;)

martel04
02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
wow ur hardcore on this man

lol i want a free one

Blap Blaow
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
lol i want a free one

:rolleyes: you don't even know what it is!! :D

martel04
02-17-2006, 01:40 PM
im sure it will be good so ill take it

Dr.Dave1
02-17-2006, 01:49 PM
im sure it will be good so ill take it
No doubt. It's hard to pass up the opportunity for a free bottle of what will most definitely be a quality product

Stuart Rudolph
02-18-2006, 03:52 AM

For me it'll be interesting to see what CL will come out with next. All of their products that i've tried have met if not exceeded described results. Very, very top notch product line.

CONTROLLED LABS
02-18-2006, 08:00 AM
No doubt. It's hard to pass up the opportunity for a free bottle of what will most definitely be a quality product

thanks dave.

For me it'll be interesting to see what CL will come out with next. All of their products that i've tried have met if not exceeded described results. Very, very top notch product line.

thanks for the compliment.

the label is almost done (early this week). this should be out, if nothing get in the way, in about 5 weeks, and at bb.com in 6 weeks. (maybe faster if I decide to bribe our manufacturer to bump us up in the production line)

:Starts taking collections for manufacturer's bribe: :)

Dallas68
02-19-2006, 11:19 AM
sorry if its been mentioned but recently there was a article on Creatine AKG perhaps that ( more powerful as well) along with adequate CM...id try that out next year! ( when im allowed LOL)

along with a scooper that does not get powder all over the spoon....or is impossible to find

O/T ( im sorry ) good idea on bringing CL products to South Africa saw them online...now if only i were allowed to or were sent some ;)

beau_zo_brehm
02-19-2006, 02:29 PM
sorry if its been mentioned but recently there was a article on Creatine AKG perhaps that ( more powerful as well) along with adequate CM...id try that out next year! ( when im allowed LOL)

along with a scooper that does not get powder all over the spoon....or is impossible to find

O/T ( im sorry ) good idea on bringing CL products to South Africa saw them online...now if only i were allowed to or were sent some ;)

i doubt they make another product with creatine in it.. but if they were going to make one, i bet they would use MCC or maybe CEE.

Tarkana
02-19-2006, 02:45 PM
so when is the label going to be posted?

CONTROLLED LABS
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
so when is the label going to be posted?
not until we have confirmation that production has started (3-4 weeks)

OzzBozz
02-19-2006, 05:02 PM
i'd like to see some type of supplement with ephedra

didn't the ephedra ban get taken off making it legal to use now? I don't understand why more supplement makers aren't using it... it's very effective supposedly.

pu12en12g
02-24-2006, 04:50 AM
i'd like to see some type of supplement with ephedra

didn't the ephedra ban get taken off making it legal to use now? I don't understand why more supplement makers aren't using it... it's very effective supposedly.

Just a FYI: There are numerous reasons that a herbal ephedra product is highly unlikely.

Dallas68
02-24-2006, 04:58 AM
J4I just for interest what are the reasons :) ;)

NukeDukem
02-24-2006, 05:00 AM
AST and MuscleTech will tell you... I'm sure there are others :D

pu12en12g
03-15-2006, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the compliment... I think everyone will be impressed with Purple Wrath, and I'm currently working on the initial phases of some VERY exciting stuff that may (or may not) ever see the light of day. :D

martel04
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
hey pu when will the label be up for purple wrath thanks

pu12en12g
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
hey pu when will the label be up for purple wrath thanks

It will be up in the next few weeks :cool:

martel04
03-15-2006, 01:26 PM
alright thanks. hey tank any update on my order yet thanks buddy

pu12en12g
04-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Now that WRAATH is finally out... just bumping this for more feedback / input on upcoming products. :)

Ephedra
04-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Tasty, cheap, WPI.

Cloud Strife
04-01-2006, 04:12 PM
DAMNIT! I was reading this thread and thought that there was ANOTHER CL product coming out. Cruddddddddd

pu12en12g
04-01-2006, 04:17 PM
DAMNIT! I was reading this thread and thought that there was ANOTHER CL product coming out. Cruddddddddd

Good news... there is :cool:

But as far as our preliminary research (what to release first / concentrate on), this thread (and private poll) has been VERY helpful so far.

storm shadow
04-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I would love to see a meal replacement shake, or possibly a protein bar. Both should be very different than whats out there already.

martel04
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
i would like to see a non hormonal herbal product. something like symmetry,powerfull,anagen,Hyperdrol, ect.

Ephedra
04-01-2006, 04:32 PM
If CL released a protein they can have somewhat of a monopoly on this forum. "They would have the drop on all you fools!" - Training day

RoadPigJohn
04-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I want a product that mimics Pro-Hormones!!!

Cloud Strife
04-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Good news... there is :cool:

But as far as our preliminary research (what to release first / concentrate on), this thread (and private poll) has been VERY helpful so far.
Ahh! Very good! Thanks for that post Pure ;)

JRRBadBoy4Life
04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Tasty, cheap, WPI.
Agreed, but tasty and cheap and WPI are hard to come by.

Joel
04-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I second either an EAA product
That's my 2 cents.
Looks like they took your advice

adidamps2
04-01-2006, 08:46 PM
a good solid multi
or a good protien blend micellar/WPI/egg white mix. (no calicium casien or concentrate whey or ****ty soy stuff.)

no_strain_no_ga
04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Something for me to test on this board. :(

I think you should come out with something for the females. I have no idea if you do right now, but if not, thenyou should.

I was going to try making protein popsicles with my shakes, but parents poured it out when I got home.

1quick1
04-01-2006, 08:58 PM
A healthy, slow releasing, high fiber, 0 sugar, protein bar at an affordable price that tastes good.

By the way, I actually have no human decency.

I like it.

pu12en12g
04-02-2006, 12:29 AM
a good solid multi

Thanks for your input

I think the general consensus is that there are several good / solid multi's to choose from already.

04-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Ok, this is what I would like to see.

Controlled Labs protein powder (would definately sell)

Controlled Labs Monohydrate Creatine (only because I find Green Bulge to be a little expensive and many people are responders to mono and will continue buying mono for price reasons).

that's my $0.02

Ta

Edit: for my last point and I'm not re-directing sales from this site as that's not my intentions:

It would also be a good idea to expand stock into Australia retailers. ( Don't ban me :cool: )
as you can assume sales would increase (Im not 100% that you don't do that already though but from many I have checked, I have found that you don't).

Stuart Rudolph
04-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Now that WRAATH is finally out... just bumping this for more feedback / input on upcoming products. :)

Good Morning PU12,
I know I and others have suggested bulk GB a multitude of times, but is this something CL is seriously considering, or is this an idea sitting on a back burner in favor of other products in the works? Flavoring I know will be a big concern for some, but for myself and others, wer'e more interested in effectiveness.

Maybe flavored and non flavored versions? Yes, No, Maybe?

pu12en12g
04-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Controlled Labs Monohydrate Creatine

Can you explain what is wrong with the current monohydrates available ? :cool: We would want our future products to fill a void in the industry, like our current lineup :cool:

HYPEBEAST
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Forslean is popular right now.
Maybe a TTA/Green Tea/Forslean mix, thought C N W is 2 steps ahead(Beta Fat Inciterator).

storm shadow
04-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Good Morning PU12,
I know I and others have suggested bulk GB a multitude of times, but is this something CL is seriously considering, or is this an idea sitting on a back burner in favor of other products in the works? Flavoring I know will be a big concern for some, but for myself and others, wer'e more interested in effectiveness.

Maybe flavored and non flavored versions? Yes, No, Maybe?
I think it would be cool to see a lemon lime flavored green bulge bulk powder. But if you guys can't focus on the taste then nevermind, capsule form is just fine.

marlon
04-02-2006, 12:03 PM
How about a nonstimulant fat burner?

Dr.Dave1
04-02-2006, 12:09 PM
stim / nootropic. . . something to give you energy and some thinking power. I know red acid is similar but is more of a fat loss supp (or at least that's what I thought). Or maybe just a pure version of either since some want one but not the other. And you could have cool names like CL's grey mater nootropic and yellow buzzz stim going with the color theme ;) Ok, they're not "cool" but that's ok, that's why I'm not in marketing.
Of course I am unfamiliar w/ the costs associated w/ nootropic agents so that might not be too easy.

or

an anticortisol product - I know stress cut's into my gains

Hunter8907
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
multi pack type of deal with all the high concentrations of vitamins and minerals a heavy lifter and/or endurance athlete would want at a low price in the pack a persons EFA, Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs to speed up metabolism such as green tea as well as a few nootropics that would be cool if possible you could supp with the pack and not have to worry about poppin pills all day just at your main 3 meals

Seth25
04-02-2006, 12:21 PM
a no volumizer with caffiene

zodawg0079
04-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I think I'd like to see:

1. A multivitamin/mineral pack
2. Fruit flavored Protein
3. A joint care supplement

marlon
04-02-2006, 12:28 PM
a no volumizer with caffiene

NO - vasodialator
Caffiene - vasoconstrictor

Why?

NumberTwentyTwo
04-02-2006, 01:30 PM
NO - vasodialator

Why?
they really dont interfere that much

look at shock therapy, no xplode, xpand, ect

DejaBlue55
04-02-2006, 01:40 PM
NO - vasodialator

Why?
Pu has chimed in on this plenty of times, I looked for some of his posts but couldn't find any, I'm sure he'll explain it when he sees the post.

Abe the Cop
04-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I know a lot of people have said it, but if you guys put out an appetite enhancer, I would buy it hands down. I think anyone who's looking to build mass can benefit from having one. Even if you are able to eat 7,000 calories a day, maybe that peson wants to eat 8,500 a day. I'm able to eat about 4,500-5,000 on a VERY good day. 3,000 isn't a problem, but anymore than that becomes a chore, which is okay, but it would be nice to have something "enhance" my appetite.

The only thing is, you would have to put a lot of research into it. There are a few semi-appetite enhancing herbs out there, but nothing that really makes you desire more food the way THC does. If you could find something to match the powerful munchie effects of smoking marijuana, without the buzz (wouldnt' mind a buzz, but of course it would be made illegal if it provided one) and in pill form. I say pill form because there are honestly too many capsules out there. I hate capsules! I want pressed pills! Pills are neat.

So yes...appetite enhancer. I don't think anyone on the market really has one...at least not a decent one. If you guys came up with a pill that made to desire food for 12-16 hours...wow...

Abe the Cop
04-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Can you explain what is wrong with the current monohydrates available ? :cool: We would want our future products to fill a void in the industry, like our current lineup :cool:

Then go with appetite enhancer. Something proven and effective, not some wishy-washy propietary blends of the pseudo-appetite enhancer herbs already known about. You guys need to do some major research, find something that mimics the munchie-effects of marinol (synthetic THC) and marijuana and press it into a pill. I would buy loads of it!

Squats
04-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Vitamin packs, or an joint support supplement would be good.

pu12en12g
04-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Forslean is popular right now.
Maybe a TTA/Green Tea/Forslean mix, thought *** is 2 steps ahead(Beta Fat Inciterator).

Agreed.. I like the idea of a "real basic" thermo for those who can't afford Red Acid... BUT it would still have to be more innovative than that I think.. pretty sure I've seen at least 5 or 6 Forslean / Green Tea based products and IMO we wouldn't want two Tetradecylthioacetic Acid products because alot of people actually want to avoid Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (you'd be surprised).

pu12en12g
04-02-2006, 02:17 PM
stim / nootropic. . . yellow buzzz stim going with the color theme ;) Ok, they're not "cool" but that's ok, that's why I'm not in marketing.
Of course I am unfamiliar w/ the costs associated w/ nootropic agents so that might not be too easy.

or

an anticortisol product - I know stress cut's into my gains

As usual... I'm definately feelin your ideas :cool:

Yellow Buzzz... woot I like it... pure nootropics are hit or miss... it would have to be perfect.

HYPEBEAST
04-02-2006, 02:19 PM
How about a pre-workout stimulant to stack with GB/WB without Yohimbe and that stuff

pu12en12g
04-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I say pill form because there are honestly too many capsules out there. I hate capsules! I want pressed pills! Pills are neat.

So yes...appetite enhancer. I don't think anyone on the market really has one...at least not a decent one. If you guys came up with a pill that made to desire food for 12-16 hours...wow...

Definately feelin that whole concept... you can only get so much into a capsule (it pisses me off)..

I like the way you think... :cool:

pu12en12g
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
lemon lime flavored green bulge bulk powder

Niiiice...open up a Green Bulge capsule and you'll see (taste) the main problem... :p but I love the concept... seems like many forum vets prefer the powder, and I do get a ton of emails from bigger guys who go through their GB too fast.

bodybuilder45
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
i think a protein powder with some creative flavors would sell really well. too many companies go with the standard flavors of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. coming out with flavors like peanut butter, caramel, marshmellow, coffee, etc could go a long way if most people are like me and like trying new flavors. the only innovative thing about this would be the flavoring system and i doubt thats what CL is looking for but thought id throw it out there anyways. **** is coming out with a protein powder/fat burner in one. maybe combining some of the other ideas into the protein powder would work.

if anything else, im all for the nootropic idea

HYPEBEAST
04-02-2006, 02:36 PM
anti-estrogen

Dallas68
04-02-2006, 02:39 PM
yeah appetite enhancer would be awesome! surely there must be an opposite to appetite suppression? thc is sadly illegal an the smoke makes you cough like mad...so yeah that combined with an stim idea is great

Abe the Cop
04-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Definately feelin that whole concept... you can only get so much into a capsule (it pisses me off)..

I like the way you think... :cool:

Doooo it!!

I mean, what's the #1 problem with most people wanting to gain mass? They can't eat enough! Some people don't even realize that they're stuck at their weight because they're not eating enough.

Anyways, I don't need to try and sell you on it, pure. I think you know that it would be phenomenal if you guys discovered something that truly enhanced one's appetite.

C'mon people...vote appetite enhancer! Joint supps, creatine, multi's...those are already out there. Vote appetite enhancer!

Kledz
04-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Doooo it!!

I mean, what's the #1 problem with most people wanting to gain mass? They can't eat enough! Some people don't even realize that they're stuck at their weight because they're not eating enough.

Anyways, I don't need to try and sell you on it, pure. I think you know that it would be phenomenal if you guys discovered something that truly enhanced one's appetite.

C'mon people...vote appetite enhancer! Joint supps, creatine, multi's...those are already out there. Vote appetite enhancer!

I'm guessing its an incredibly difficult feat to attempt or someone would have discovered and released it a long time ago..

A true appetite enhancer would have to be appropriately named "Gold in a Bottle"

storm shadow
04-02-2006, 03:26 PM
I know weed enhances youre apetite (I don't use it nor reccomend it). Isn't there a certain chemical in there that could be used to create an apetite enhancer. Not j/k either.

HYPEBEAST
04-02-2006, 03:29 PM
How about a Arginine/Ornithine product?

Kledz
04-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I know weed enhances youre apetite (I don't use it nor reccomend it). Isn't there a certain chemical in there that could be used to create an apetite enhancer. Not j/k either.

Its currently believed to be the result of endocannabinoids acting on receptors.

It would probably also be way out of the budget for any Supp company to research/produce. Even if the specific chemical could be isolated, selling it would not even be an option as it is a constituent of a scheduled substance.

Seth25
04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
they really dont interfere that much

look at shock therapy, no xplode, xpand, ect
my exact point marlon

Dr.Dave1
04-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Right now the theory is (at least the last I heard) that it is mediated by cannabinoid receptors . . . our body has edogenous versions of these chemicals called endocannabinoids, which are arachidonic acid derivatives (If I remember correctly). Pharm companies are trying to utilize this pathway for possible anti-emitic / anti-nausea drugs and analgesics. That route may be a tricky one.

Edit - I did not see Kledzs response, sorry about that.

ericgonzalez
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM

Yellow Buzzz... woot I like it... pure nootropics are hit or miss... it would have to be perfect.

How about that fatburner with phenylethylamine. maybe call it Yellow PEA?

Oh wait..nevermind

user1111
04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
The other thread was deleted?

I miss Nandi
http://www.cuttingedg************/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12891&highlight=HMB

Makes 2 of us!

jdiritto
04-02-2006, 05:07 PM
How about that fatburner with phenylethylamine. maybe call it Yellow PEA?

:eek:

Dr.Dave1
04-02-2006, 05:12 PM

Hey, I've got faith in you guys :D

hithard
04-02-2006, 05:19 PM
an amino product. or something like Gb&WB in a powdered form possibly mixed together possibly with GG. also I think a creatine like product/ option, for non responders ect. something brand new, that no other company has. I think a product that maed your body absorb supps and and protein to their fullest extend would be perfect.

spyvox2
04-02-2006, 05:55 PM
A nootropic product.. without stimulants. Something for everyday health, memory, and cognitive fuction. Something you can take for school, workouts, etc. At a cheap price.. :)

HYPEBEAST
04-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Insulin Control

gymaddict01
04-02-2006, 06:40 PM
I think a product that maed your body absorb supps and and protein to their fullest extend would be perfect.

GlycerGrow

i would like to see you guys come out with a kre-alkalyn creatine supplement. maybe add a little taurine and a few other things to it. bc kre alk is working great for me and mixed with a few other variables it would be a good product...

Justin55
04-02-2006, 06:51 PM
i would like to see CL create a great weight gainer packed with atleast 55g of protein,900+ calories,low fat gainer..with about 30 servings a tub at a price of 25$..you'd easily smash those other weight gainer products that give you fat instead of lean mass