PDA

View Full Version : dilemma

Cadillac Jones
02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey I sort of have a dilemma..I currently weigh about 140-150lbs and I would like to reach around the weight of 170lbs. I know the answer is simple " EAT " i know, i know but heres the problem. I run track this year and I am a sprinter. Not to brag but I am a pretty fast sprinter. And I would hate for anything to slow me down. Im not really in a rush to gain this weight. But i am going to attend college(im a hs senior) and play football so Its a must for me to get bigger. How can I do this with out slowing my self down?

lea869
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
increase your strength and endurance at the same time.
so....
a lot of people will say its easier to bulk then cut, but for what you want, going very slowly and adding muscle and strength as weight seems to be the best choice for you...correct me if im wrong, though.

Cadillac Jones
02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
increase your strength and endurance at the same time.
so....
a lot of people will say its easier to bulk then cut, but for what you want, going very slowly and adding muscle and strength as weight seems to be the best choice for you...correct me if im wrong, though.

Thanks for the quick reply..

You said : increase your strength and endurance at the same time.
so....

I might answer this, but how exactly do I do that. Eat, Lift weights, Run More??

lea869
02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
more educated people here please elaborate, or correct me.... but i would assume, if you are very fast now, just increase everything you are doing. in other words, yes, lift heavy, eat more, keep running, get plenty of sleep, drink a lot of water, and make sure your diet is clean (ish, epending on how anal you want to be, lol).
hope this helps, at all.

Cadillac Jones
02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
more educated people here please elaborate, or correct me.... but i would assume, if you are very fast now, just increase everything you are doing. in other words, yes, lift heavy, eat more, keep running, get plenty of sleep, drink a lot of water, and make sure your diet is clean (ish, epending on how anal you want to be, lol).
hope this helps, at all.

Ok sounds good... I get what your saying.. Now All I have to do is build me a great Diet..

Using a calorie calc. I calculated I needed around 3k calories aday to gain around 3 pounds a aweek. Now sorry for my lack knowledge of this but If I filled out the calculator correctly. Will those 3 pounds actually show up on the scale if I actually did eat 3k calories a day?

Side: question, where could I get a list of foods displaying their calories and etc?

Thanks once a gain.

lea869
02-13-2006, 07:14 PM
www.nutritiondata.com
or
www.fitday.com

and alot of those online calcs are inaccurate, your best bet is trial and error, but you can give it a shot, see how it goes.

and youre welcome :)