PDA

View Full Version : Tuna VS Tuna Sandwiches (ie.from Subway)

Coffee
02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
any major difference? I imagine the Subway one might be a a little/a lot more unhealthy, as opposed to regular tuna;

that being said, is the Tuna sandwich (from Subway) still @ least a better alternative, as opposed to McDonald's/BK/Wendy's for example?

thankx

dj_ownurass
02-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I am sure the Tuna sandwhich from Subway is a much better alternative to a fatty burger from Mcdonalds, Wendy's, Etc.. Not exactly sure what they use to make their tuna sandwhich's at Subway but try and avoid mayo maybe substitute miracle whip and make sure its on a whole wheat bread.

such a loser yo
02-10-2006, 11:21 PM
subway's tuna is premade with tons of mayo. but i'm not going to act holier-than-thou because i will certainly indulge in a tuna sandwich from my local deli now and then.

aleksd
02-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Yes there's a big difference... the tuna at Subway is loaded with mayo, which as you probably know isn't the best thing to eat when trying to eat healthy. I think the chicken breast sub would be a better alternative.

thajeepster
02-11-2006, 04:46 AM
yep the subway tuna has the most fat/cals of all the sandwiches i think.

dixon
02-11-2006, 06:27 AM
any major difference? I imagine the Subway one might be a a little/a lot more unhealthy, as opposed to regular tuna;

that being said, is the Tuna sandwich (from Subway) still @ least a better alternative, as opposed to McDonald's/BK/Wendy's for example?

thankx

Depends what nutrients you've ate that day. If you haven't had much saturated fat then I would head down to BK Lounge.

Adam444
02-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Mayo kills the whole purpose of eating tuna.

Subway is a good alternative to most of the burger/pizza joints...

Turkey Breast/Double the meat/No Cheese/No Mayo.

Enjoy :)

lamby
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Mayo kills the whole purpose of eating tuna.

Subway is a good alternative to most of the burger/pizza joints...

Turkey Breast/Double the meat/No Cheese/No Mayo.

Enjoy :)

theres mayo made with EFAs now, mmmm mayo...

you ever had the subway club triple meat? its like a 2 lb sandwich

Adam444
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM

I'm sure Subway uses them ;)

such a loser yo
02-11-2006, 03:29 PM

you ever had the subway club triple meat? its like a 2 lb sandwich

yep, i get that with double meat once in a while. only problem is at that point it costs $10.

JayKid
02-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I personally like the subway club - turkey, ham and roast beef - it's the best sandwhich there.

On wheat or a wrap with spicy mustard and lots of hot peppers (toasted if wheat)... SO good.

Frank_The_Tank
02-11-2006, 05:00 PM
I personally like the subway club - turkey, ham and roast beef - it's the best sandwhich there.

On wheat or a wrap with spicy mustard and lots of hot peppers (toasted if wheat)... SO good.
Personally I like chicken breasts (Double meat) no cheese, no sauce on fake whole wheat bread. I get it loaded up with veggies, definetely a great high calorie, high protein snack. I just make sure that I up the water intake.