PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated, but need advice.

markshark
02-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Im 18, about 220, and 5'9 -5'10. I am truly sick of having such a damn big gut, and huge man boobs. I really need some advice. I usually listen to my brother, but he's a big bodybuilder, who has never had to lose weight in his life. I need some advice for people who have been there before. Here are some questions I need answering. I'm about a week into training.

Cardio - As of right now i do 30 minutes of cardio, twice a day, everyday on a stationary bike. Does this cut it? Will this really help in loosing weight quickly, or is the bike no good.

Lifting - I absolutely hate working out. If i have to i will. I've always been kinda weak, and severly prefer cardio, but ill do anything as of right now.

Eating - As of right now, i get about three meals in a day (probably not enough, but its imposible to go more than three times with my meal hall).

Breakfast - 3 boiled eggs, bowl of cereal, 2 glasses of milk.

Lunch - Wrap, with about 4 slices of ham or turkey, pickles, lectuce, and ranch dressing. 2 glasses of milk, and 2 glasses of water

Supper - Wrap, with about 4 slices of ham or turkey, pickles, lectuce, and ranch dressing. 2 glasses of chocolate milk, and 2 water. Bowl of yogurt, and canned pinaples.

I have no clue how much carbs this is, or calories, etc. I really wanna lose weight quickly, and really see results fast. No matter what this takes. I clearly need some info on the dieting especially. I've tried loosing weight before, and always screwed up, but im dedicated this time. Nothing will stop me, i just need the bets course of action. help me please.

P.s - I dont really care about increasing strenght or muscle that much, id like to lose weight before i start working out for strenght.

evenflow
02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
The first thing I would honestly do is read all the stickies on the Losing Fat and Nutrition boards and soak up as much information. That's how I started when I first discovered these boards, they will cover most of your general questions.

I personal recommendation is to cardio AND lift weights, otherwise you are gonna end up like most fat guys that lose all their extra weight with lose skin and looking like skeletons.

markshark
02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
I actually have looked over most of the sticky's. I would just like to know if my cardio is working out well enough, and what to do with my diet. I was pretty sure i would have had to lift weights aswell.

markshark
02-09-2006, 10:32 PM
You know what, i took your advice and looked over the sticky's. I think I know what I need to do now that i looked over it more. Thanks a lot

Tomek
02-10-2006, 05:02 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=656995

nithos
02-10-2006, 07:19 AM
I see lots of excuses for someone who is willing to do anything...