PDA

View Full Version : How often do you take a break?

RocketPunch
01-30-2008, 06:39 PM
How often do you take a break from your diet and indulge in all the sugary fattening, but oh so good foods around you? Like go out for pizza and beers? I try to go 3 weeks to a month before I forget about my diet for a meal or two. But sometimes I screw that up too, by drinking. Last spring though, I went an entire three and a half months.

Also, another question. If you are going to break your diet for a day, what's the best day to do it? On a workout day, or a recovery day?

gunther44bd
01-30-2008, 06:53 PM
How often do you take a break from your diet and indulge in all the sugary fattening, but oh so good foods around you? Like go out for pizza and beers? I try to go 3 weeks to a month before I forget about my diet for a meal or two. But sometimes I screw that up too, by drinking. Last spring though, I went an entire three and a half months.

Also, another question. If you are going to break your diet for a day, what's the best day to do it? On a workout day, or a recovery day?

When I cheat I like to do it at night on an off day with my leg training day the next day. Definitely set some personal records when this happens. Also, don't worry about cheating occasionally.....a lot of people do it once every week or two so don't sweat it.

Distance
01-30-2008, 06:55 PM
I personally don't plan those days, but i would say once every 2-3 weeks. Mostly when I get invited to eat out, or sometimes when our track team goes for pizza after a meet. Also can't forget family situations like holidays/birthday parties.

Basically I only diverge when I am around people I care about and I don't want diet to interfere.

RocketPunch
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah.. I try not to worry about cheating every so often, I just always feel like **** when I do. lol

It's like I'm trying to see how long I can go without it.

When's the best time to drink? I would guess on a workout day, so it won't directly effect your recovery, but I have no idea.

grapemaster
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
i never plan it, but, i don't refuse to eat at restaurants either...i'll just get whatever and not worry about it. binging isn't ever worth it for me...but i do like tasty flavors...never eat fried stuff...just tears up my stomach.