PDA

View Full Version : Xtend or ICE?

Hunter8907
02-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Which is better and why? also where can u purchase these products other than bb.com?

bdpettit
02-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Have not tried either, but both look to be solid products. Lots of people have had success with Xtend, but I have not heard much about ICE.
Let me know what you decide on.

Hunter8907
02-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Ill let u know ill prob go with the Xtend as its the same price and most popular anyone else know where i could purchase these other than bb.com?

cxm
02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Xtend because of the Citrulline Malate

bdpettit
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
bn
n e t r i t i o n . c o m
a l l s p o r t s n u t r i t i o n . c o m

These 3 all carry it.

Hunter8907
02-05-2006, 02:55 PM
thx. i meant to say real store rather than online stores im only 17 and dont have a way of purchasing online anyone know of a store like gnc or vitamin world that would carry them?

cxm
02-05-2006, 02:56 PM
thx. i meant to say real store rather than online stores im only 17 and dont have a way of purchasing online anyone know of a store like gnc or vitamin world that would carry them?

GNC is suppose to carry Xtend. They accept money orders at BB.com.

spoch
02-05-2006, 03:51 PM
ICE is much better. Eddie Coen, whos one of the best powerlifters EVER...takes ICE and fully endoerses it. I take ICE too ands really, its one of THE most underrated products out there. Definately ICE.

Beast
02-05-2006, 04:04 PM
ICE is much better. Eddie Coen, whos one of the best powerlifters EVER...takes ICE and fully endoerses it. I take ICE too ands really, its one of THE most underrated products out there. Definately ICE.

ICE = BCAA + Glutamine
Xtend = BCAA + Glutamine + Citrulline Malate

You be the judge.

DRP7
02-05-2006, 04:19 PM

just curious: what is ICE actually better on? taste? ingredients? quality? I ask because so far I have used only Xtend (and some other german BCAA products) and I couldn't believe how scivation did manage to make the bitter BCAAs taste so fine.

Sixpack
02-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Can't go wrong with either one.

cody3308
02-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Both Xtend and Ice are good, I would go with Xtend, I don't think you should let paid endorsements become a factor, you should look at some customer reviews, alot of people would promote crack if you paid them.

spoch
02-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Wheres ICE's paid endorsements???? Ha!!! All Im saying is that I know real reputable lifters who swear by it....and I use it and know it to be good., Also, what you guys need to do is look into the quality control of companies....Xtreme Formulations ( the owner, Dave) has a rep in the industry as a high quality raw material mixer----he's passed on some products due to cheapened materials that may sell and make money, but he doesn't do it due to the raw material purity. Ive tried both, and the Citrulene Malate in Xtend isnt even noticable.
Screw taste....Im just saying which one i think works better.

lce
02-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I think it depends on what you really want. The CM addition of XTEND is nice, but not necessary if you are simply looking for recovery enhancement.

If you do not use the prices here at bb.com and look elsewhere where say

(NP source)
ICE --> 43.99
XTEND --> 49.99

ICE --> $.074 / serving of BCAA
XTEND --> $.079 / serving of BCAA

For 1000 grams of BCAA
ICE --> $74
XTEND --> $79

For 600 grams of BCAA
ICE --> $44.40
XTEND --> $47.40

If ICE would have a lower glutamine count it would be a little bit more obvious, but not much of a difference. Considering XTEND has 90 grams of CM, and considering bn.com has 75grams of CM for 9.99 ... it isn't a bad deal. Overall, I think the effectiveness of ICE and XTEND are the same (I have used both), but in terms of price, and what each product provides, overall, I believe XTEND wins.

dp13368
02-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Watermelon xtend + additional bulk citrulline malate = :D

Big_Spaz
02-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Vitamin Shoppe now carries Xtend. Very competitively priced as well.

-Spaz

UberBerzerker
02-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Which is better and why? also where can u purchase these products other than bb.com?

I've not tried ICE, but I have Xtend right now, grape flavor, and I like it quite well. Tastes good - helps to make drinking a gallon of water a day a little easier by flavoring it with the Xtend. Keeps me energized thru out my workouts, and I notice less soreness the day afters.

other than bb.com? Google scivation xtend and ye shall be enlightened.

Hunter8907
02-05-2006, 05:54 PM
so wat makes the citrillane malate so special in the product?

dp13368
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM

What is it?

Citrulline Malate is a compound consisting of Citrulline, a non-essential amino acid that is primarily found in melons, and malate, an apple derivative. For the past 20 years Citrulline Malate has been used in Europe to treat fatigue, muscle weakness and Dementia. Dementia is a mental disorder that affects your ability to think, speak and move. Citrulline Malate has been used with great success by European clinicians as a natural antiasthenic, with reported results of increased energy and overall feelings of well-being.

What does it do?

1. Increases NO Production

So what is NO and what can it do for you? Nitric oxide is the cell-signaling molecule that has a part in regulating blood flow, oxygen delivery, glucose uptake, muscle firepower, and muscle growth. Obviously the ability to control these physiological effects can be of tremendous value to athletes.

Research has shown that supplementation of Citrulline raises Arginine levels more effectively than taking the same dose of straight Arginine. Keep in mind that Citrulline Malate's NO enhancing properties are just one of the unique benefits this nutrient offers to athletes. And if the enhanced pumps and improved nutrient delivery properties are the reason you are using Arginine based NO products, you need to pay attention to Citrulline Malate.

2. Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia

Here is something else you need to know about Citrulline... it is an intermediate in the Urea Cycle. The Urea Cycle is a system in the liver of carrier molecules and enzymes that convert nitrogenous wastes into urea and eliminates them from the body. The production and removal of urea is essential for the elimination of ammonia and toxic nitrogen metabolites. Ammonia is extremely toxic to all cells and excessive levels may even be fatal. Even in healthy athletes, the build up of ammonia can lead to extreme fatigue and dementia.

3. Increases ATP Production

No doubt there is a lot to get excited about when it comes to the performance enhancing potential of Citrulline Malate and how it works. Another study showed yet another way Citrulline Malate can benefit athletes - by increasing aerobic energy production. Studies show subjects using Citrulline Malate have an increase in the rate of muscle ATP (Andenosine Triphosphate, the major energy source within the cell) production during exercise and greater phosphocreatine recovery after exercise. So taking Citrulline Malate may result in muscles that can keep on going and going... completely smashing the aerobic threshold! These effects are more than likely mediated by the malate portion of the Citrulline Malate compound, which is a Krebs Cycle intermediate.

How much do I take?

Most people see fairly dramatic effects from 3-6 grams twice per day, but benefits from CM start much lower than that. Citrulline malate is reported as well tolerated and rapidly acting. Clinical results have been detected by the third to fifth day after start of administration.

UberBerzerker
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM

you have google on your internet, right? ;)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12145119&query_hl=1

Hunter8907
02-05-2006, 06:08 PM
yea just lazy

jmil
02-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Wheres ICE's paid endorsements???? Ha!!! All Im saying is that I know real reputable lifters who swear by it....and I use it and know it to be good., Also, what you guys need to do is look into the quality control of companies....Xtreme Formulations ( the owner, Dave) has a rep in the industry as a high quality raw material mixer----he's passed on some products due to cheapened materials that may sell and make money, but he doesn't do it due to the raw material purity. Ive tried both, and the Citrulene Malate in Xtend isnt even noticable.
Screw taste....Im just saying which one i think works better.

ICE in all reality COULDN'T WORK BETTER, as they are the same thing except for the citrulline malate. If anything you would get the extra endurance, strength, and stamina from the citrulline.

KGarnett21
02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
As a long time user of ICE, and a recent user of Xtend I give the nod to Xtend. ICE flat out tastes like a$$ otherwise I'd say they are comparable.

-J

Itln Stln
02-06-2006, 06:00 AM
I have been using Xtreme's ICE for at least 2 years and my last jug is almost gone. The grape flavor is by far terrible. I will have to switch to Xtend since I have heard the watermelon flavor is pretty good.

pu12en12g
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
BCAA Comparison thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=627839

Sixpack
02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Great read PU

Hunter8907
02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
with the xtend how much should be taken and when besides post workout to achieve maximum results without going overboard? also if u were to put some in a gallon of water and sip it througout the day would the amino acids still retain there effectiveness? i heard that amino acids lose their potency in liquid after a while