PDA

View Full Version : gaining weight [lean mass]

st5p8
01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
hi, my finacee is 37 and he has always been skinny. he is about 6'2" tall and weighs 167-171 lbs at any given time. he can eat like crap and not gain or lose or he can eat clean and not gain or lose. we eat clean because i need to and i am the cook of the house, how can i get him to gain weight or get bigger without lifting weight and going to the gym. is there any way for him to eat his way to a bigger physique without getting fat weight? he is very lean and well, i call him skinny because he is. anyone think they have the answers??

BigTime22
01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Make him eat a pound of chicken or lean ground beef every single day. Also if you just want to put on weight eat alot of peanut butter, whole eggs, frozen pizzas, oats, etc.

SoWise
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
hi, my finacee is 37 and he has always been skinny. he is about 6'2" tall and weighs 167-171 lbs at any given time. he can eat like crap and not gain or lose or he can eat clean and not gain or lose. we eat clean because i need to and i am the cook of the house, how can i get him to gain weight or get bigger without lifting weight and going to the gym. is there any way for him to eat his way to a bigger physique without getting fat weight? he is very lean and well, i call him skinny because he is. anyone think they have the answers??

In order to gain weight he will have to eat lots of food, more than hes probably accustomed too, since he probably has a extremely fast metabolism.without any resistance training, if he were to gain a lotta weight, he will look like 80% of the American population.. Why cant he go to the gym? why cant he buy weights for the home and do home workouts? and hes creeping on the age where no matter how fast your metabolism is/was... its only going to go downhill...which will only exacerbate his attempts to keep off any fat while trying to gain weight/ minus resistance training.

brian997
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Trying to make your fiance bigger withing him going the gym will only have negative side effects in the end, like SoWise said, why can't he lift weights? It is extremely difficult to gain LEAN mass without working out, it will require him to eat extremely clean. If cals in > cals out, he will gain mass, but if he is not lifting, he won't look good after a while.