PDA

View Full Version : Annie's Naughty "lil devil" eggs....

floridablonde
01-29-2008, 03:01 PM
These "lil devils" are so good...that you just cant stop at one! So be naughty..have 3! :-)
(I made these for a potluck on Sunday..they were gone in 5 mins! No one realized they were "keto style." But I got rave reviews!!!

"Annie's Naughty Lil Devil Eggs"

4-6 Eggs (boiled)
1-1.5 tsp. Dill Relish (it has 0 carbs!) Drain some liquid off when scooping it out of the jar.
1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1tbsp mayo (hellmans is the best)
Paprika

-In the yolk bowl mix yolks, relish, mustard, mayo and a dash of paprika till smooth. Taste to your liking. Either more relish, mayo or mustard. You can add as much paprika as you wish.

-Once mixed, use a measuring teaspoon to scoop the yolk mix into each piece of egg. Sprinkle paprika over the eggs for garnish! Cover and chill for best taste, or if really hungry...DIG IN!

Yields: 8-12 pieces

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
01-31-2008, 07:21 PM
er nice but what else would deviled eggs be if not " keto style "

floridablonde
02-01-2008, 07:12 AM
er nice but what else would deviled eggs be if not " keto style "

Traditional "deviled eggs" are made with miracle whip, and sweet pickle relish. Sweet relish is loaded with carbs, as is Miracle whip. Some people even put more sugar in the yolk mix.

So, I substituted with hellmans, and dill relish. Both NO carbs...that's keto style. :-) lol

Nyyankz123
02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow, I hope it tastes as good as it looks. nice recipe.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
02-02-2008, 08:26 AM
ahh I c .
good stuff

- sZ -
02-02-2008, 08:36 AM
deviled chicken.. u must try it. the chicken, the potatoes, the eggs, the grilled cheese.. and the deviled sauce !!!! all in a huge hyooooge pyrex dish. what a meal. its got a whole chicken in there, a dozen whole eggs, and a kilo of potatoes.

im sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum for such a 'nutrient dense' post, but this thread just made my mouth water ^_^

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
02-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Anything in a huge hyooooge pyrex dish has to taste good !
jus sayin

Lil Freek
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
These "lil devils" are so good...that you just cant stop at one! So be naughty..have 3! :-)
(I made these for a potluck on Sunday..they were gone in 5 mins! No one realized they were "keto style." But I got rave reviews!!!

"Annie's Naughty Lil Devil Eggs"

4-6 Eggs (boiled)
1-1.5 tsp. Dill Relish (it has 0 carbs!) Drain some liquid off when scooping it out of the jar.
1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1tbsp mayo (hellmans is the best)
Paprika

-In the yolk bowl mix yolks, relish, mustard, mayo and a dash of paprika till smooth. Taste to your liking. Either more relish, mayo or mustard. You can add as much paprika as you wish.

-Once mixed, use a measuring teaspoon to scoop the yolk mix into each piece of egg. Sprinkle paprika over the eggs for garnish! Cover and chill for best taste, or if really hungry...DIG IN!

Yields: 8-12 pieces

wicked! did not know that there was carb-free relish!
i'm gonna make these tomorrow...

GK47
03-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Sounds lovely, but i cannot seem to find a carb free relish in the uk :(

user321655
03-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Sounds lovely, but i cannot seem to find a carb free relish in the uk :(

you could try google and see what shops do it, other than going to the store and asking? Must be somewhere.

GK47
03-06-2008, 08:40 AM
This is the only similar thing in the uk, cannot see the label at all, but with regards to the ingredients, you reckon it's a good: http://www.atkinsandpotts.co.uk/prod_detail.php?pid=313

SDFlip
03-22-2008, 11:53 AM
just made a dozen of these today..... pretty good. i ate about 6 of them right away. :D

Lil Freek
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
made some last night... delish!
Forgot to put in the mustard, though... just did mayo, relish and horseradish :) Had some nice tang to it.

floridablonde
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
I took my left over easter eggs and made egg salad last night. Then I made the flax seed bread recipe, and made me a sandwich..omg! You talk about amazing!! I even melted a little bit of cheddar on the egg before I toasted it. AHH! If anyone wants the really good recipe for "Annie's Eggcellent Salad" let me know. lol
Its so good! The secret ingredient..mmm...."cream cheese" mmm..

Smelly_Pits
04-09-2008, 09:27 PM
These were pretty good......thanks for the post

erock93
04-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I'll make these today. With deviled eggs in the past, I have actually put some different meat into the filling (crab, shrimp, salmon, tuna) and they turn out great with that little extra protein!