PDA

View Full Version : Some advice for a Newbie needed.....

Acerboi
02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi People - just started out.

Goals, Loose Weight and Put on some Muscles.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 206lbs

I was wondering if someone might be able to have a quick squiz at my diet for the last few days. Bare in mind, thoday is not over, and I plan to eat some Chicken Breast with Veggies for dinner on top of what's there.

I am not sure if its balanced enough or cals etc are right etc....I am only going on what I have read around the parts.

Here's the link: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Acerboi

Thanks!!!

Brett

beer20
02-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi People - just started out.

Goals, Loose Weight and Put on some Muscles.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 206lbs

I was wondering if someone might be able to have a quick squiz at my diet for the last few days. Bare in mind, thoday is not over, and I plan to eat some Chicken Breast with Veggies for dinner on top of what's there.

I am not sure if its balanced enough or cals etc are right etc....I am only going on what I have read around the parts.

Here's the link: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Acerboi

Thanks!!!

Brett

1000 calories is not enough.
even if you still eat another meal that might bring you up to 1300-1500.

with your activity level i would guess you need 3200-3500 just to maintain.

its very hard to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time,unless you do it very slowly.

Acerboi
02-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry I should have added - today I am not exercising.......

So you think I should loose the fat first then start on growth after?

I guess just the cardio plus some light weights with core stability stuff would do the trick then?

beer20
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Sorry I should have added - today I am not exercising.......

So you think I should loose the fat first then start on growth after?

I guess just the cardio plus some light weights with core stability stuff would do the trick then?
do you know your BF%?
do you feel like youre carrying too much fat right now?
cardio is good,core stability stuff i would pass on.
build your workouts around heavy compound lifts .

Acerboi
02-02-2006, 02:52 AM
do you know your BF%?

No Idea....

do you feel like youre carrying too much fat right now?

Yeah I do - I have a fat pudgy ass....and mid section is just discustingly gross......

I just get so many conflicting stories. My flatmate is a dietician, she reckons I should be eating no more than 1500 cal's a day to lose weight....some places say to go by your energy use - i.e if I use 3000 cals then eat 2500 to lose weight.....The first two days on my eating plan, I felt fat and horrible....it was too much food!