PDA

View Full Version : Question with Diet(Help!)

thedrivenone
01-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Okay, i still need to lose weight(16.5BF%), but I want to gain muscle at the same time. I've read a lot about 1 goal at a time, thing but if my maint. cals is 2400, and I eat about 2600cals/day workout just about all days(cardio and/or weightlifting so I'm probably burning off about 400 here) and for days I do nothing(rest), I eat 2200 cals. Including in those cals are an average of 280g of protein per day, I weigh 163lbs so that's about 1.7g per lb. Right now I'm taking about 1.15g per lb and eating anywhere from 2850-3200 cals.

I am an endomorph, so do you think this plan of a significantly increased protein, yet lowered calorie diet will accomplish my goals?

baarat
01-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Eating at maintainence or a few hundred cals above working heavy works for me......but if your protein is taking the place of vital micronutrients and fat then, it's just a bandwagon thing going on. 1 or 1 & 1/2 g's of protein per lb of lean body mass is not going to do anything more. imo

thedrivenone
01-26-2008, 08:09 AM
No the nutrients are there. My diet consists of all foods just about except for 1 Protein Shake a day, so all my micronutrients are still present, and I'll just be adding more meats(chicken/turkey/meat/tuna) on to my plate rather than nothing.