PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gainer FAQ: Real Gains

G Diesel
01-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Real Gains FAQ

One of the most common goals for all bodybuilders is to add mass. So often I see guys asking questions about weight gainers. So I thought I’d post a weight gainer FAQ. Hope this is useful. If you have any specific questions, you can PM or email the great guys in the customer service department at info@universalnutrition.com.

Should I use a weight gainer?
Maybe... It depends on a lot of things. Are you looking at the weight gainer as a shortcut, a quick fix? The first question you should ask yourself is, “Is my diet in order?” In other words, are you getting enough calories from whole foods? Food is anabolic. Food is your first line of defense. If you don’t have your meals in order, then supplements just aren’t going to work as effectively. Remember, supplements are just that—supplements. A weight gaining supplement is not meant to be a substitute for food. It should “supplement” your existing food/meal plan.

So then who should use a weight gainer?
Again, this assumes your diet is in order… Basically, you can use a weight gainer if you’re looking to add extra calories to your diet. It might be a convenience issue—it’s a lot easier to mix up a pre-made shake than prepare a full meal. Or, it might be that you have a small appetite. A solid weight gainer, because it digests quickly and efficiently (improved “gastric emptying”), will make it possible to eat another meal without feeling overly “full”. Food like oatmeal and beef, for example, take a while to digest. If you’ve already got food digesting in your stomach, you can see how hard it would be to eat another meal. One other thing to consider—ectomorphs and classic “hardgainers” stand to gain more from using a weight gainer as individuals with this body type tend to have a harder time putting on weight.

What should one look for in a weight gainer?
A weight gainer should provide a nutritionally dense blend of the core macronutrients (i.e., protein, carbohydrates and essential fats). Second, it should be low in simple sugars and high in complex carbohydrates. Third, it should contain high quality proteins such as whey and casein--these provide both a quick and a sustained release of key amino acids into your body. Fat content should also not be overlooked since added essential fats help to increase the calories of each shake and aid in natural hormone production.

When is the right time to use a weight gainer?
There really is no “right” time. Depending on your goals, a weight gainer can be taken first thing in the morning, between meals, postworkout or before bed. Again, you should tailor it to your needs and what you’re trying to accomplish. There is no “one size fits all” approach.

How often should I use a weight gainer?
This once again depends on your goals. Remember, a weight gainer is to be used to supplement the calories you are already getting from a balanced, bodybuilding diet consisting of numerous daily whole food feedings. Depending on your diet and particular goals, anywhere from once to three times daily can lead to marked improvements. Experimenting is key.

How does Real Gains fit into all this?
Real Gains is a high-calorie, low sugar weight gainer that consists of a special blend of protein, complex carbohydrates and essential fatty acids (EFAs). Real Gains takes whey protein (including isolates) and combines with premium micellar casein, which rather than being quickly absorbed, provides a steady stream of amino acids into the bloodstream. As a result, you get the best of both worlds--while whey is better at sparking muscle protein synthesis, micellar casein is superior in its ability to prevent catabolism (muscle breakdown), thus making the ideal protein blend. For carbs, Real Gains incorporates a blend of maltodextrin, which is a low DE complex carbohydrate. Maltodextrin contains “glucose polymers”, which are easier for the body to assimilate and use. Inulin, a special fiber, helps the growth of healthy intestinal flora which can allow for better nutrient absorption. So we discussed the importance of protein and carbs, but what about fat? Fats are key in hormone synthesis and are the essential component of all cells. The important fats to look into are the essential fatty acids. Real Gains is loaded with 6 grams of key fats from flax oil (EFAs) and MCT’s.

What can I mix in with Real Gains?
Water or milk. If you need some extra calories, skim milk does nicely. If you’re looking for slightly more calories, try whole milk. In any case, shoot for about 10-12 ounces of either water or milk, to taste. Because Real Gains uses instantized ingredients, you can actually mix the shake with a spoon if you want—a blender isn’t necessary.

For free samples of Real Gains, go here: http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/

To buy Real Gains at bodybuilding.com, go here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/real.html

Thanks for taking the time to read, fellas. Peace, G

C-Los 21
01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I won't be using a weight gainer anytime soon, actually with my genetics, the weight gain comes by itself on a regular basis. :(
Thanks for posting this, I am sure this FAQ will greatly assist many members.

TheUnlikelyToad
01-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Why maltodextrin???

G Diesel
01-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Why maltodextrin???

As far as weight gainers go, maltodextrin has some beneficial functional properties.

Rippd
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Your going to get all the anti-maltodexrin people on here.

Malto is fine. Competitive bodybuilders have used maltodextrin in large quantities during their contest prep. Back in the day EVERYONE was using MetRx. It was the only MRP on the market. Bodybuilders were using MetRx 3-4 times per day and the only carb source in there was maltodextrin and none of them got fat.

Again, there is nothing wrong with consuming malto.

TheUnlikelyToad
01-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Malto is fine. Competitive bodybuilders have used maltodextrin in large quantities during their contest prep. Back in the day EVERYONE was using MetRx. It was the only MRP on the market. Bodybuilders were using MetRx 3-4 times per day and the only carb source in there was maltodextrin and none of them got fat.

... but not in those quantities either.

TinyMan
01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
G Diesel,

Any plans for flavors other than chocolate and vanilla for Real Gains? While the two flavors are very popular, it would be nice to see some variety for the flavors.

G Diesel
01-27-2006, 02:56 PM
G Diesel,

Any plans for flavors other than chocolate and vanilla for Real Gains? While the two flavors are very popular, it would be nice to see some variety for the flavors.

Actually, there is a new flavor coming out soon: Strawberry.
Look out for it in the coming weeks. Peace, G

G Diesel
02-01-2006, 07:17 AM
I have a free 3.8 lb. bucket of Real Gains for the first 10 bb.com members who email me at gdiesel@animalpak.com. As usual, you've gotta be 18 or older and have a US mailing address. Also, in your email, give me your bb.com handle and your preferred flavor (chocolate or vanilla). Good luck. Peace, G

*Remember to include your full name and mailing address. Thanks.

vr6king
02-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Too bad you don't send to canada, i also requested a free sample, but there was no options for canadian buyers, which sucks for me. I'm using nlarge2 right now, and hate the calories from sugar factor, yours looks alot better. I don't gain fat very easily, and have been taking nlarge now for about 6 months.
Has anyone tried this and can comment on the taste? Mabye concider expanding your free sample options to canada, as it may cost you an extra 50 cents or so to ship (there really isnt much difference), it could be very beneficial for you.

MCWTRAINER
02-02-2006, 09:24 AM

Good old Met-Rx... :)

Jbutts169
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
I cannot believe it. I sent you an email 2 days ago about the free real gains, and today I had it at my door. you are the man, that says so much about you and Universal. Thanks alot.

EricTheRed
02-03-2006, 12:50 PM
i was sent a packet of vanilla real gains with other samples of stuff and i made alittle review about it. It tastes damn good and i'm not that big of a vanilla fan

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=686738

duhfewcha6
02-03-2006, 12:58 PM
i use real gains, lovin it, take 1 1/2 scoops morn/night and 2 scoops post w/o...good shiyet

Jsorb8997
02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I cannot believe it. I sent you an email 2 days ago about the free real gains, and today I had it at my door. you are the man, that says so much about you and Universal. Thanks alot.

This guy sticks to his word 100%...My protein/poster both arrived within 2 days.

G Diesel
02-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Hey bro, I just get the info and pass it along. The guys in customer service and shipping bust their ass to make sure that none of our consumers are taken for granted. They know that being accessible, being able to answer questions and filling orders promptly are the kinds of things that customers really appreciate. I'm here to provide info and guidance and familiarize my boys at bb.com with our products and content, and the crew at Universal is making me look good. Peace, G

G Diesel
02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
This guy sticks to his word 100%...My protein/poster both arrived within 2 days.

Glad to hear that bro. Like I said above, it is the cats in customer service at Universal that you should be thanking, but I'll pass on your sentiment. Enjoy the Ultra Iso Whey and put it to good use. Peace.

EricTheRed
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
you guys at universal do an awesome job of sending stuff out, EAA stack came in about 2 days and i'll the samples i sent in my infor for can im like 6 days other then 4-6 weeks

G Diesel
02-03-2006, 02:40 PM
you guys at universal do an awesome job of sending stuff out, EAA stack came in about 2 days and i'll the samples i sent in my infor for can im like 6 days other then 4-6 weeks

The cats in customer service take their jobs seriously, Eric... They don't play games.

Skigazzi
02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
The cats in customer service take their jobs seriously, Eric... They don't play games.

Damn, I got mine today, 2 days (probably less than 48 hours)...look forward to using this...review coming soon.

Thanks G

Jbutts169
02-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey bro, I just get the info and pass it along. The guys in customer service and shipping bust their ass to make sure that none of our consumers are taken for granted. They know that being accessible, being able to answer questions and filling orders promptly are the kinds of things that customers really appreciate. I'm here to provide info and guidance and familiarize my boys at bb.com with our products and content, and the crew at Universal is making me look good. Peace, G

Ya, I realize that you dont personally ship these out, but you are the closest thing we have to your customer service dept. Tell them to keep up the good work. Thanks again.

homedog90
02-03-2006, 07:04 PM
do u think mass tech, musclemilk, or n large are any good for me? im 5"8, 130 lbs and im looking to pack some muscle onto my frame, i lift 3 days a week and drink ON whey right now, im also looking for a good whey protein if thers is any better than ON, thanks

SPACECLOWN
02-03-2006, 08:23 PM
do u think mass tech, musclemilk, or n large are any good for me? im 5"8, 130 lbs and im looking to pack some muscle onto my frame, i lift 3 days a week and drink ON whey right now, im also looking for a good whey protein if thers is any better than ON, thanks

I use Muscle Milk at night and I really love it. I take it before bed because it is a slow digesting protein. Search for some casein protein or get the muscle milk (tastes awesome). Try increaing your food intake first and if you still can't gain take a look at the mentioned product in this thread or one like it. Good luck!

EricTheRed
02-03-2006, 10:55 PM

I see that, keep it up

did you get my email G?

Simon Keller
02-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Why maltodextrin???

weight gainers are by definition more high glycemic, and faster digesting.

Its either / or

with that said i do happen to be coming out with a weight gainer that uses only WPI and micellar casein as the protein sources, has a decent amount of fats (from good sources), and uses mostly high glycemic carbs (but does still have a minor amount of low glycemic ones in there for balance)

also has alpha-lipoic and chromium pi****nate in there for the all important insulin response.

plus digestion aids. and some glutamine

Ergopharm Mass Meal

Other Ingredients:
Whey protein isolate, non-dairy creamer, maltodextrin, fructose, micelar casein, Enova oil, inulin, glutamine, medium chain triglycerides, rice oligodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, soy lecithin, vitamins and minerals, alpha lipoic acid, sucralose, aminogen.

...:)

Navigator416
02-04-2006, 12:27 AM
This looks like something i'd like to try. Is it available anywhere in Canada?

G Diesel
02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Letting you guys know that I'm cutting off the freebie offer here. All who replied up until now (a couple more than the original 10 I had allotted) and who provided their full name and US mailing address will be receiving a free 3.8 lb. container of Real Gains. Thanks for the interest and support. Peace, G Diesel

G Diesel
02-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Ergopharm Mass Meal

Other Ingredients:
Whey protein isolate, non-dairy creamer, maltodextrin, fructose, micelar casein, Enova oil, inulin, glutamine, medium chain triglycerides, rice oligodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, soy lecithin, vitamins and minerals, alpha lipoic acid, sucralose, aminogen.

...:)

Thanks for the post Simon. As I stated earlier, maltodextrin, because of it's functional attributes, can be advantageous when used judiciously--it's Satiety Index score makes it better for guys who have a tough time packing away the calories, plus the overall Glycemic Index would be blunted by the fats and proteins.

It sounds like PA's new gainer is a lot like ours--we also use micellar casein and whey protein isolates, plus good fats. Good to see that he's providing the bodybuilding community with more options. Peace, G

G Diesel
02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I see that, keep it up

did you get my email G?

Just got it, E... You are good to go.

ESB13
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I got a few questions for you G, i've been lifting for a year and i gained 30lbs with 5% bodyfat. But my gains has stopped for a while, i already bought realgains but haven't use it yet, will it really help me pack on more muscle if taken properly? and have you ever used realgains youself? one last question: can i mix a table spoon of olive oil with realgains?

G Diesel
02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
I got a few questions for you G, i've been lifting for a year and i gained 30lbs with 5% bodyfat. But my gains has stopped for a while, i already bought realgains but haven't use it yet, will it really help me pack on more muscle if taken properly? and have you ever used realgains youself? one last question: can i mix a table spoon of olive oil with realgains?

PM me your specific goals, training routine, stats, etc...

EricTheRed
02-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Just got it, E... You are good to go.

sweet, thanks alot!

AaronX
02-06-2006, 11:52 AM
ON released a Pro-Complex Gainer. I have been taking Pro-Complex and really like the taste and believe that the Pro-Complex Gainer will taste similar.

However, i'm deciding whether to buy a tub of Pro-Complex Gainer or Real Gains. Any suggestions ?

G Diesel
02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
ON released a Pro-Complex Gainer. I have been taking Pro-Complex and really like the taste and believe that the Pro-Complex Gainer will taste similar.

However, i'm deciding whether to buy a tub of Pro-Complex Gainer or Real Gains. Any suggestions ?

Obviously, I'm a board rep for Universal, so I'm partial to Real Gains. As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to quality calories: micellar casein and whey isolates, complex carbs, good fats from EFAs and MCTs and fiber from inulin, Real Gains is tough to beat. Plus it tastes good, mixes with a spoon and it goes down easy.

A key with a weight gainer being effective is consistency-- you have to like how it tastes. Here is a link to get some free samples: http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/

You can order it here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/real.html

ESB13
02-06-2006, 02:45 PM
PM me your specific goals, training routine, stats, etc...
I'm 6'2 164lbs with 5% bodyfat, i'm just trying to pack on as much muscle as possible. i train 5 days a week, Day 1 chest and back, day 2 bi's abs and calves, day 3 legs, day 4 shoulders and tri's, day 5 bi's and abs 'cause my bicep lacks peak, i do different excrieses and higher reps on day 5. Thanks G

G Diesel
02-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm 6'2 164lbs with 5% bodyfat, i'm just trying to pack on as much muscle as possible. i train 5 days a week, Day 1 chest and back, day 2 bi's abs and calves, day 3 legs, day 4 shoulders and tri's, day 5 bi's and abs 'cause my bicep lacks peak, i do different excrieses and higher reps on day 5. Thanks G

ESB- I feel ya bro, you can do it, but it is going to take a concerted effort.

1) I'd say you are overtraining. Don't worry about things like biceps peak. Focus on getting as strong as possible on all of the major lifts--heavy, free-weight basics. Your rep range should be 4-10, with 10-12 sets for big muscle groups and 8 for smaller ones. Cut it back to a 4 day split that looks something like this:
Day 1: Back, Abs
Day 2: Chest, Triceps, Calves
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders, Biceps, Abs
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off

2) Eat. Gaining 30 lbs. in a year is a tremendous feat, but you need to tweak things so you can continue gaining. 5+ whole meals a day (don't worry about how clean they are, just make sure they arfe loaded with protein and carbs) plus a weight gainer like Real Gains first thing in the AM, postworkout and before bed. Try adding whole milk to your shakes for extra calories and if you like you can bump up your intake of healthy fats by adding extra olive oil to your diet... I know the followers of Doggcrapp training advocate that practice with good results.

If you want to track your progress and check in for advice, I just recently started my own Journey log here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=695434

Now get to work, dawg. Peace, G

jimmytftw35
02-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to thank you for my FREE sample of Real Gains!!!!!!

EricTheRed
02-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks G i just got my package today.

Quick question tho regarding taking a few scoops at night with milk, i know that alot of carbs isnt the best idea in the world before bed but with maltodextrin when ingested like other complex carbs is it stored in the body as glycogen for roughly 24 hours before it converts to fat or is it just a few hours because of the high GI rate. I have early morning workout so if its glycogen then i guess it wouldnt be all that bad

AaronX
02-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Can't get those samples since i'm not in US. So i guess i will get a tub of Real Gains as soon as possible. Just asked around, most of the users have good feedbacks on this gainer so i'm pretty confident.

Will post my feedback about this product as soon as i drink it! Thanks G for the help. :)

Jbutts169
02-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Can't get those samples since i'm not in US. So i guess i will get a tub of Real Gains as soon as possible. Just asked around, most of the users have good feedbacks on this gainer so i'm pretty confident.

Will post my feedback about this product as soon as i drink it! Thanks G for the help. :)

Ive tried quite a few gainers and i like the real gains the best. Best taste, and best from a nutritional standpoint.

littlefry
02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
If iam form canada would you be able to send me some samples down here, cause iam currently on muscle juice and always looking to try another gainer

JDM-93_Z28
02-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to thank G Diesel for the free 3.8lbs of Real Gains. I sent an email and it was at my doorstep a few days later. You guys dont mess around! And at 3.8lbs, this has to be the biggest free sample I have ever seen!! Thanks Diesel.

Oh yeah....I liked the Real Gains so much(and the awesome customer service)that I just bought 14lbs....good stuff

G Diesel
02-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks G i just got my package today.

Quick question tho regarding taking a few scoops at night with milk, i know that alot of carbs isnt the best idea in the world before bed but with maltodextrin when ingested like other complex carbs is it stored in the body as glycogen for roughly 24 hours before it converts to fat or is it just a few hours because of the high GI rate. I have early morning workout so if its glycogen then i guess it wouldnt be all that bad

No problem, E... You gotta remember that this isn't pure malto, it's blended with other macronutrients such as fiber, proteins and efa's that blunt the absorption of carbs. Experiment and see what works for you. Some people are carb sensitive and put on fat easily when taking in carbs before bed, others have no problem with it... It is, in actuality, a matter of individual metabolism. Peace, G

G Diesel
02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to thank G Diesel for the free 3.8lbs of Real Gains. I sent an email and it was at my doorstep a few days later. You guys dont mess around! And at 3.8lbs, this has to be the biggest free sample I have ever seen!! Thanks Diesel.

Oh yeah....I liked the Real Gains so much(and the awesome customer service)that I just bought 14lbs....good stuff

Don't thank me, thank the guys in Customer Service... Congrats again on winning the tub. Good to hear you bought some more.

G Diesel
02-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Ive tried quite a few gainers and i like the real gains the best. Best taste, and best from a nutritional standpoint.

Awesome.

EricTheRed
02-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Awesome.

its very awesome indeed, tastes great and mixes with ease, even with milk there is hardly any clumps

Lando33
02-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Awesome.

It really does look like a solid gainer. Sitting here, 4 weeks out from a show, gainers should be the furthest thing from my mind but I can't wait till I start to bulk up again!

Looks like I will have to try me some R.G. in my future bulking season, but for now.......back to the tuna straight from the can and frozen bag of broc****.

G Diesel
02-10-2006, 02:49 PM
its very awesome indeed, tastes great and mixes with ease, even with milk there is hardly any clumps

Yup... I mix mine in 1% milk in a shaker bottle and there are no clumps and no residue on the bottom of the bottle--I hate wasting protein. Every shake should be "instantized" like Real Gains.

Jsorb8997
02-10-2006, 02:49 PM
I just received my free Real Gains as well. G and the customer service at Universal are epitomes of good businessmen. I've never received anything faster than what I've got from Universal.

G Diesel
02-10-2006, 02:52 PM
It really does look like a solid gainer. Sitting here, 4 weeks out from a show, gainers should be the furthest thing from my mind but I can't wait till I start to bulk up again!

Looks like I will have to try me some R.G. in my future bulking season, but for now.......back to the tuna straight from the can and frozen bag of broc****.

Stay the course, bro... Only 4 weeks left. Then it is time to get huge and pack in the calories. I shot you a pm already, but if you want to share your contest prep experiences feel free to do so here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=695434
It should make for great reading and motivation. Peace, G

skaterdavis
02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
hey i filled out the free sample thing, does this mean i will get some for sure or is it like a drawing or what??

Ah Ya SkewlTime
02-11-2006, 12:33 PM
im looking to buy one of these pretty soon but i have a question, since weightgainer shakes have a high calorie content and with the liquid form of digesting it, do you think i will have stomach problems when i take it? last time with cytogainer it was like laxitive. =(

G Diesel
03-31-2006, 02:31 PM
hey i filled out the free sample thing, does this mean i will get some for sure or is it like a drawing or what??

Free samples aren't a promo gimmick for us... We legitimately want people to try our products and always have them available because we know once people try them, they'll like them. Also, we keep all of your contact info private... No spamming. In the upper right hand corner of our home page are links to the available samples: http://universalnutrition.com/Enter/cf/home.cfm
Enjoy. Peace, G

G Diesel
03-31-2006, 02:49 PM
A quick heads up for you fellas that strawberry Real Gains is now available in the bodybuilding.com store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/real.html
We'll have free strawberry samples available soon as well. Peace, G

AaronX
04-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Should i stack this with ON 100% Whey ? Or i can take one scoop of this after my workout ? Which way is more effective for post-workout protein..

KeyHAWK
04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
A quick heads up for you fellas that strawberry Real Gains is now available in the bodybuilding.com store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/real.html
We'll have free strawberry samples available soon as well. Peace, G
Are the samples out?

G Diesel
04-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Should i stack this with ON 100% Whey ? Or i can take one scoop of this after my workout ? Which way is more effective for post-workout protein..

Sure you can stack it with whey. I use both straight WPI shakes (Ultra Iso Whey) and weight gainers everyday. A blend of a gainer with straight whey is a good way to go postworkout. Peace, G

G Diesel
04-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Are the samples out?

They are now... Simply make a Real Gains sample request and you'll get a pack of the strawberry. Click here: http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/ Peace, G

AaronX
05-10-2006, 04:35 AM
My ice-cream chocolate Real Gains just arrived today! 6lbs! Smells great! Cant wait to try it! :D

G Diesel
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
My ice-cream chocolate Real Gains just arrived today! 6lbs! Smells great! Cant wait to try it! :D

Nice, bro... I drink one of those chocolate bad boys on the daily... Good stuff and a nice source of quick and easy, high quality calories--everything a growing boy could need. Peace, G

AaronX
05-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Drinking one now. Small review.

Mixibility : 10/10
Taste : 9/10 (With water)
Price : 10/10

This is by far the best protein powder i have used. I drink this down like im drinking water. Very easy to drink not like some thick shake. With so much good stuff, i believe this thing is sure to work. I will be taking it religiously and hope to see some good gains. Definitely recommended for anyone!

AaronX
05-10-2006, 10:37 AM
The only thing i dislike is opening the tub. It's not easy to open man..

G Diesel
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Drinking one now. Small review.

Mixibility : 10/10
Taste : 9/10 (With water)
Price : 10/10

This is by far the best protein powder i have used. I drink this down like im drinking water. Very easy to drink not like some thick shake. With so much good stuff, i believe this thing is sure to work. I will be taking it religiously and hope to see some good gains. Definitely recommended for anyone!

Glad to hear that you like it, bro... It was designed with the idea in mind that you could drink it and still be hungry enough to eat your next meal, as opposed to being bogged down and bloated by thickeners and fillers.

jimmytftw35
05-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Just received my stawberry ice cream yesterday. Tastes AWESOME !!! 6.85 lbs of heaven !!!!!!!!!

PsychoMan
05-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I have Real Gains choc. Great stuff! I like drinking a shake of it a few minutes before working out. Offers alot of carbs and protein that's great (to me anways) for a pre-workout shake.

The Booger
05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Real Gains is one of the best tasting proteins I've ever had. Had a few samples packets sent to me about 6 months ago. Just found an extra one lying around and had me a bedtime shake.

I forgot how much I liked it! May have to give this strawberry a try....

G Diesel
05-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Real Gains is one of the best tasting proteins I've ever had. Had a few samples packets sent to me about 6 months ago. Just found an extra one lying around and had me a bedtime shake.

I think you'll be surprised by the new Strawberry... I say, try it before you buy it... Samples here: http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/

G Diesel
05-19-2006, 10:27 AM

I was drinking up to 3 Real Gains a day for a while there, mostly chocolate... I just recently tried strawberry and now I'm hooked--good stuff. Definitely worth a shot if you are trying to put on size. Peace, G

Anji
05-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Soon I will star an Animal cut cycle to eliminate same extra pounds, my question is should I avoid Real gains and concentrate on the whole food, or maybe reduce the dosage for better results? Actually I take 2 Real Gains per day…

Thanks a lot

G Diesel
05-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Soon I will star an Animal cut cycle to eliminate same extra pounds, my question is should I avoid Real gains and concentrate on the whole food, or maybe reduce the dosage for better results? Actually I take 2 Real Gains per day…

Thanks a lot

Anji, it is really a matter of preference and of taking in less calories than you are burning... My opinion would be to switch to a low calorie protein source like Ultra Iso Whey while cutting and saving the Real Gains for putting on mass. That said, if you wanted to use Real Gains as a meal replacement early on in the day, it wouldn't be too bad an idea, assuming you are eating the right whole foods, training hard and doing your cardio. Peace, G

Anji
05-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Anji, it is really a matter of preference and of taking in less calories than you are burning... My opinion would be to switch to a low calorie protein source like Ultra Iso Whey while cutting and saving the Real Gains for putting on mass. That said, if you wanted to use Real Gains as a meal replacement early on in the day, it wouldn't be too bad an idea, assuming you are eating the right whole foods, training hard and doing your cardio. Peace, G

Thanks for advice G, actually I’m considering concentrating on whole food during the cut’s cycle to seed results. Anyway I will continue with the Paks to maintain my vitamins and Amino levels high.

Props

G Diesel
05-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for advice G, actually I’m considering concentrating on whole food during the cut’s cycle to seed results. Anyway I will continue with the Paks to maintain my vitamins and Amino levels high.

Props

No problem brother. Two important things to always consider, whether dieting (or bulking): (1) always prioritize whole foods first and (2) only take the supplements you need, if any at all.

Universal Rep
07-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to let anyone who's interested know that we're currently sampling all three flavors--Strawberry, Chocolate, and Vanilla.

Anyone interested in additional flavors?

http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/

Universal Rep
08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
For this month, we'll be sampling all three flavors again--Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla. Once again, for free samples:

http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/

Universal Rep
08-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry? What's your favorite flavor? Also, any suggestions for additional flavors?

Segansational
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I got some of the free samples awhile back, and the strawberry real gains was the best strawberry protein I've ever tasted. I'll have to try the vanilla and chocolate. I wish more free standing stores (non-internet) carried it. As far as flavors, how about ones like chocolate-peanut butter, or cookies and cream?

Universal Rep
08-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Universal is feeling generous today fellas. First one to PM will get a free tub of Real Gains. You gotta:

1. Be at least 18 years old
2. Have a U.S. mailing address
3. Not have won anything from us in the past 30 days

Good luck fellas.

TheUnlikelyToad
08-18-2006, 07:32 AM
If I won, I'll log my experience for you guys.

Segansational
08-18-2006, 08:06 AM

Man, I already got beat... sent a PM anyways. Guess the early bird (or toad in this case) gets the free real gains!

TheUnlikelyToad
08-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Man, I already got beat... sent a PM anyways. Guess the early bird (or toad in this case) gets the free real gains!

There are plenty of lurkers, believe me.

You call for testers and they flood your Inbox in less than 2 seconds.

I'd be surprised...

Universal Rep
08-18-2006, 10:50 AM

You win U. No need for a log... PM me though. Later.

Bryan540
08-19-2006, 09:36 PM
When is the right time to use a weight gainer?
There really is no “right” time. Depending on your goals, a weight gainer can be taken first thing in the morning, between meals, postworkout or before bed. Again, you should tailor it to your needs and what you’re trying to accomplish. There is no “one size fits all” approach..

So what different goal/ gains can we expects if we take the gainer postworkout, b4 bed and in the morning?

Universal Rep
08-21-2006, 07:49 AM
So what different goal/ gains can we expects if we take the gainer postworkout, b4 bed and in the morning?

It sounds like a plan, but it's hard to say... The bigger picture is what you're currently eating--how many calories you're getting now vs. how many calories you were getting before, etc. Without any Real Gains, and just on whole foods, are you putting on weight?

animal2b
08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Can anybody post results? I just ordered a 6.5 pound tub - it should be here later this week.

How long did you take it for - how many servings a day - how much did you gain?

SpeedDemon9
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Just got my samples in the mail today and will be using them later.

VtecTypeR
08-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I just got my samples today of real gains but it was strawberry. I tried it and it was alright. But im just not a fan of strawberry. Is there anyway I could try a chocolate sample from you guys. I really want to try it before I buy it.

Universal Rep
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I just got my samples today of real gains but it was strawberry. I tried it and it was alright. But im just not a fan of strawberry. Is there anyway I could try a chocolate sample from you guys. I really want to try it before I buy it.

Set ya up bro.

Universal Rep
10-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Got an extra bottle of Strawberry Real Gains here. Who wants it? First person to to correctly answer this question wins:

On the front panel of the Real Gains label, what does the acronym WEF stand for?

Rules--ya gotta be at least 18, have a U.S. mailing address, and haven't won anything from us in the past 30 days. Good luck fellas.

Giggety Giggety
10-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Weight enhancement Formula

animal2b
10-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I must have done something wrong every single time I had a shake which was 5 days a week.

The mixability was TERRIBLE. I did 3.5 scoops just as the carton suggests, mixed it with the appropriate amount of water and continously had huge clumps and lumps no matter how long I shook it.

The taste was okay and I've only been drinking it for a month, so I can't say whether the results were any good or not - but I don't think I'll be continuing with Real Gains.

Real Gains chocolate was okay in terms of flavor - not like that matters, as lifters, we're used to chugging nasty crap. And had the results been phenominal with the lumps included, I would have toughed it out. However, I'll go back to my tried and true, Cytogainer next time I order supps.

I did get a good deal on the price though. 30 bucks for a 6 pounder. But I would not recommend Real Gains to anybody so long as Cytogainer is out there.

Giggety Giggety
10-05-2006, 02:24 PM

Bump for that sweet berry

Universal Rep
10-06-2006, 08:48 AM

You win G. PM me your full name and addy. Congrats man.

Giggety Giggety
10-06-2006, 10:06 AM
You win G. PM me your full name and addy. Congrats man.

PM's are full right now:).

Charlie Brown
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Whats the best selling flavor out of the 3?

Universal Rep
10-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Whats the best selling flavor out of the 3?

Chocolate and vanilla sell the best for us. Having said that, a lot of the guys here who have used the strawberry say it's great.

Charlie Brown
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Chocolate and vanilla sell the best for us. Having said that, a lot of the guys here who have used the strawberry say it's great.

Thanks. hmm deciding between strawberry and chocolate. I ll read some reviews.

Universal Rep
10-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks. hmm deciding between strawberry and chocolate. I ll read some reviews.

I'll do ya one better. PM me bro and I'll hook ya up with what we have currently in the way of Real Gains samples... Try it before ya buy. Taste is important when it comes to gainers after all.

Charlie Brown
10-12-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll do ya one better. PM me bro and I'll hook ya up with what we have currently in the way of Real Gains samples... Try it before ya buy. Taste is important when it comes to gainers after all.

Thanks! I pmed you.

RenegadeRows
10-16-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm looking to try Real gains, however there are no free samples available on those links. Any idea when they'll be back??? Looking for a gainer formula I can stick with...this looks promising.

Universal Rep
10-16-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm looking to try Real gains, however there are no free samples available on those links. Any idea when they'll be back??? Looking for a gainer formula I can stick with...this looks promising.

Pm me bro and I'll hook you up with some Real Gains samples.

Charlie Brown
10-23-2006, 03:30 PM

Just wanted to thank you again. I received your samples and last night I placed my order for my 6lb tub of real gains. Some good stuff.

Thanks

DaHooligan
10-24-2006, 01:43 AM
i just ordered a 6 pounds tub i need a good bedtime drink! this should last me a long time hopefully the taste is good.

TinyMan
10-24-2006, 01:47 AM
i just ordered a 6 pounds tub i need a good bedtime drink! this should last me a long time hopefully the taste is good.

Which flavor did you go with? I've tried the chocolate and the strawberry - I much prefer the chocolate flavor! It's completely subjective though... I know a good number who thought the strawberry flavor was better.

DaHooligan
10-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Which flavor did you go with? I've tried the chocolate and the strawberry - I much prefer the chocolate flavor! It's completely subjective though... I know a good number who thought the strawberry flavor was better.

chocolate

i have some questions.

how man servings is this?

and how often do you take this? i know what it says in the FAQ but i wanna know from people who actually take it how often they take it.

also how many scoops do you put in for a serving? do you have to put the full 3 and half scoops?

and what do YOU mix it wtih Water or milk? i mix all my protien with water cause i find milk makes it to heavy...ill mix it with milk at nighttime for slower digestion sometimes but i am scared of getting bloated so i stopped.

will this cause my stomach to be the onlything that grows lol like most other wegiht gainers.

DaHooligan
10-24-2006, 11:17 AM
bump

Universal Rep
10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
bump

Any questions I can help out with bro?

DaveGabe24
10-24-2006, 12:14 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=914774

Here's my Real Gains review, have tried both vanilla and chocolate. Went through two small tubs of vanilla, and working on three big tubs of chocolate now. In my personal opinion, the chocolate is far superior and taste like a hershey chocolate milk shake <3 <3

DaHooligan
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Any questions I can help out with bro?

how man servings is this? and do you have to use the 3 and half scoops each serving...

thanks!

G Diesel
10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
how man servings is this? and do you have to use the 3 and half scoops each serving...

thanks!

Here's the link to the product at BB.com:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/real.html

3.8 lb gives you 11 servings at 3.5 scoops
gives you 21 servings at 3.5 scoops

The 3.5 scoop serving is only a suggestion. How much you actually use will be determined by your needs bro. You could more, you could use less. Does that help?

DaHooligan
10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Here's the link to the product at BB.com:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/real.html

3.8 lb gives you 11 servings at 3.5 scoops
gives you 21 servings at 3.5 scoops

The 3.5 scoop serving is only a suggestion. How much you actually use will be determined by your needs bro. You could more, you could use less. Does that help?

yup thanks!

Universal Rep
10-26-2006, 06:12 AM
yup thanks!

No problem D. Let me know if you have any other questions. Later.

naturalguy
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
New flavor Cookies and Cream flavor Real Gains is now shipping from corporate. BB.com should have it up shortly.l

biglen18
08-13-2009, 08:29 PM
i'm looking to hopefully pack on some pounds when i get back to school. Would it be a good idea to take real gains PWO and before bed, or just at night and have a whey protein shake PWO? This along with a high calorie diet outside these two meals and solid workout program, of course. Also where are you guys finding this stuff so cheap, everywhere i look its over $30. Thanks

naturalguy
03-01-2010, 07:37 AM
i'm looking to hopefully pack on some pounds when i get back to school. Would it be a good idea to take real gains PWO and before bed, or just at night and have a whey protein shake PWO? This along with a high calorie diet outside these two meals and solid workout program, of course. Also where are you guys finding this stuff so cheap, everywhere i look its over $30. Thanks

You could use Real Gains PWO or before bed, really any time in between meals. The key is to take it in addition to your whole food meals.

eddy24
06-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, i am 22 years old, 5'8 and around 145lbs. I am confused if I should buy a protein powder or a weight gainer. I want to look bigger, i get the muscle definition but i still look small! Considering my body weight, would a weight gainer make me go over the body weight ratio according to my height?
I'm just confused, to put it in simple words, i want to look bigger, i'll work hard for sure, what should i go for; weight gainer or a whey powder?

naturalguy
06-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Well, i am 22 years old, 5'8 and around 145lbs. I am confused if I should buy a protein powder or a weight gainer. I want to look bigger, i get the muscle definition but i still look small! Considering my body weight, would a weight gainer make me go over the body weight ratio according to my height?
I'm just confused, to put it in simple words, i want to look bigger, i'll work hard for sure, what should i go for; weight gainer or a whey powder?

It all depends on your diet. You should be striving to get most of your calories from whole foods however if you are having a hard time eating enough calories then a weight gainer can help supplement those calories.