PDA

View Full Version : If I am trying to gain weight........

bballjoe12
01-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm 5'7 and weigh 149 pounds. I play basketball on my high school team and lift weights about 4-5 days a week although it hard to now because of basketball. Anyway, since I am trying to gain weight couldn't I just eat whatever the heck I wanted and that includes junk food? I definitely eat my 3 meals a day but since I run so much, it hard for me to gain weight.

Wouldn't junk food be okay to eat since I'm just trying to gain weight?

lea869
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
sure, if you dont care about your health or fat gain.
go nuts.
otherwise eat healthy to be healthy, and read through this forum, you will learn a lot.

gjreid
01-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I also play ball in high school and have a serious problem with losingf weight during the season. SO far i've lost about 10lbs! Don't go with junk food to put on weight though, just eat a lot more clean foods. I know it can be frustrating but putting on weight during basketball is darn near impossible. Also, how do you lift that many days a week in season. I personally can only scrounge 1-2 a week and that has worked out real well for me considering i have only lost a little strength. Maybe you should cut down to 2 full body workouts per week so you don't burn as many calories and maybe put on some weight.