PDA

View Full Version : body dysmorphia????

adam247
01-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Am suffering from lack of motivation which started about 2 months ago when i got IBS. Since my competition over 8 months ago I have gained alot of weight ...I went from 200 pounds 3% bf to 235 9% bf in 3 months, I'm now 250 pounds and around 11%bf. I should be over the moon right? wrong...when i look in the mirror i feel so disappointed and believe I look bigger and better at 210 pounds than I do now! Its really effecting me to the point where am losing motivation to go to gym or eat healthy. This is really effecting me as i do want to turn pro one day, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get over this??

Ricky_k
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
"im gona give up threads" belong in the teen section.

TheNormalMan
01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
"im gona give up threads" belong in the teen section.

Don't take it so lightly. This is a real serious issue to some people and can really mess with their heads.

I'm not expert on the subject, but you should probably sit down and figure out what you really want to get out of your bodybuilding career and let that guide you. It sounds like you have an idea, but that's not always enough.

Aindreas
01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
250 lbs at 11% bf, I can gaurantee you everyone who knows you thinks you're f*cking massive and jacked to hell.

pecan
01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
hi adam :)

you're definitely not alone. sometimes, you need to seek support in order to understand what your needs are, whether from a counselor or others in a similar position.

check out this link (http://menshealth.about.com/cs/menonly/a/bigorexia.htm) for starters. most importantly, make sure your health takes priority, both physically and mentally.

adam247
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM
people around me do say wow your massive, that I have grown , but most these guys are not serious bodybuilders, although logically I know am the biggest I have ever been, its not what I see in the mirror, I prefer what I look like b4, what i see is someone who has gained alot of water and a little fat and just doesn't look as big.........even though am alot bigger!!!! see when i look at myself I think no way is this guy 250 pounds

Sibrek
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
lol you're bulking..you can cut later. + you're clearly not fat right now, post pics

wallbuilder
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Well not sure if I will be of much help but I think we all get to a point where we have to seperate our mind/feelings from bodybuilding in some ways. I have had this fight myself however going the opposite direction, been cutting down slowly and feel small, however I know at 235 I am not small, might not be a huge guy but I ain't small. I think to be successful in bodybuliding to a degree you got to shut off what you want from your body and do what you got to do to win. Even Jay Cutler don't neccasarily like his body, but he does what he has to be Mr. O . This is how I try to look at things somewhat, hopefully my rambling helps some, not sure, I usually ramble and make few points...

supplementme
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
perfection is a bad thing just count your blessings and learn from your "flaws"

(yes confuscious)

cyde
01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Am suffering from lack of motivation which started about 2 months ago when i got IBS. Since my competition over 8 months ago I have gained alot of weight ...I went from 200 pounds 3% bf to 235 9% bf in 3 months, I'm now 250 pounds and around 11%bf. I should be over the moon right? wrong...when i look in the mirror i feel so disappointed and believe I look bigger and better at 210 pounds than I do now! Its really effecting me to the point where am losing motivation to go to gym or eat healthy. This is really effecting me as i do want to turn pro one day, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get over this??

It's called muscle symmetry, and looking bigger at lower body weight is just an illusion. Don't sweat it, man.

gesinger
01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
lol you're bulking..you can cut later. + you're clearly not fat right now, post pics

Exactly. Keeping at such a low body-fat percentage for a stretch of time is very hard, especially on your body. 11% is a great position to be at off-season. It is enough that you can still enjoy your body, but also lets you lift a bit heavier and prepare for your next competition. Just let yourself gain back a bit of weight after a competition, and bulk a bit in the off-season. Once the shows come around, cut it all back down. Just find which body-fat percentage your body can maintain while still gaining muscle. 3% is just crazy.

KTHNXBYE
01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
250 lbs at 11% bf, I can gaurantee you everyone who knows you thinks you're f*cking massive and jacked to hell.

no **** dude, thats amazing

adam247
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
the first pic am around 210and 6 %
the 2nd pic am around 250 and 11 %
even when I look at that I think all that weight gain and I look smaller : (

Sibrek
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
lol holy **** you're huge. i'm not even sure you look 11%

metaldrummer
01-25-2008, 01:58 AM
the first pic am around 210and 6 %
the 2nd pic am around 250 and 11 %
even when I look at that I think all that weight gain and I look smaller : (

I know what you mean, but you've got to tell yourself its all in your head. It's easy to think that you look smaller when you have some fat/water retension hiding your muscles, but it's just an illusion. I've found you can actually use it to your advantage and turn it around like... God I'm fat and pathetic, so I better lift even more hardcore!!! ARGHHH!!!