PDA

View Full Version : How about vinegar?

odoreater
01-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Any reason to stay away from vinegar while cutting (or in general)? I like to use vinegar to spice up some foods. For example, I'll have 5 egg whites and one whole egg hardboiled, with a tablespoon of vinegar to give them some taste. Any thoughts?

jiggaman2815
01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
there is no problem at all with using vinegar...

...i use a few tablespoons in my tuna sometimes.

odoreater
01-24-2006, 10:43 AM
there is no problem at all with using vinegar...

...i use a few tablespoons in my tuna sometimes.

that's what I thought, but I just thought I'd ask because ever since I started dieting, it seems like anything that tastes good is off limits.

jiggaman2815
01-24-2006, 10:47 AM
it does seem that way...

...trial and error...thats the only way to do it.

I've tried a bunch of different recipes...and being a typical guy I don't wanna spend 2 hours int he kitchen...i make some good stuff with my crockpot and grilling is my favorite means of cooking...easy,quick, clean, tastes great.

some things you just have to stomach, but there are plenty of ways out there to make stuff taste good.

and i swear by the 1 cheat meal a week...it keeps me looking forward to that meal...and i enjoy it every time!! keeps me sane at least...think of it as a reward for a great week of working otu and eating healthy!!

Rachel_n_SD
01-24-2006, 10:53 AM
vinegar has no calories and is a good way to spice up your foods. try red wine vinegar, its really good on chicken and broccoli, or in salads.

sawastea
01-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Vinegar is fantastic to use. Dash it on whatever you can, it has several health qualities.

saw14
01-25-2006, 04:04 AM
i like to drink apple cider vinegar out of the bottle for s&g's. it taste good to me.

justanothagirl
01-25-2006, 07:03 AM
i like to drink apple cider vinegar out of the bottle for s&g's. it taste good to me.
holy crap... right out of the bottle with no water added? doesnt that cause burns within your body? i also heard of cases where it caused a burned hole in the stomach or something...

stickyrice
01-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Vin. Will Lower The Gi.index ...so Its A Good Idea..

t_dats
01-25-2006, 11:00 AM
use balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar in my salad all the time instead of dressing