PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition: Each meal supplemented with oatmeal?

Beansent
01-23-2006, 10:25 PM
How does a bowl of Quick Oats sound with every small meal? More specifically, if I were to have a sandwich for lunch, would it be content to have a bowl of oats to complement it? I ask because I never feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I want to avoid binging and overeating so I'd thought a bowl of hearty, nutritious bowl of oatmeal would alleviate the leftover craving. So if anybody can answer that, I'd appreciate it.

maxiw
01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
How does a bowl of Quick Oats sound with every small meal? More specifically, if I were to have a sandwich for lunch, would it be content to have a bowl of oats to complement it? I ask because I never feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I want to avoid binging and overeating so I'd thought a bowl of hearty, nutritious bowl of oatmeal would alleviate the leftover craving. So if anybody can answer that, I'd appreciate it.
I often do for that reason

Melkor
01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Veggies are a better choice because they are almost non-caloric, and full of lots of awesome vits/mins/anti-oxidants.

Beansent
01-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Veggies are a better choice because they are almost non-caloric, and full of lots of awesome vits/mins/anti-oxidants.
Problem is my cravings don't subside with a piece of fruit or veggie. I believe that's because it has no calories in it.

Melkor
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Drink water. Take leptin.

Beansent
01-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Drink water. Take leptin.
I drink plenty of water with each meal. Although I'm full sometimes, my mind knows I'm playing a trick on it and still wants more food.

Melkor
01-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, just make sure you control your calorie intake. It's fine to do that if you don't go over your cals by doing so.

Beansent
01-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, just make sure you control your calorie intake. It's fine to do that if you don't go over your cals by doing so.
Yeah 5% total fat x 6 a day = 30% total additional fat. I'll take that. Better than binging.

Beansent
01-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Any other alternative suggestions to my diet would greatly be appreciated!

On a side note, wow i was 15 when i joined this forum. 3 years sure made a big difference. Rep points? No more 18+ material? lol i remember i used to beast in that forum all the time. Times change..times change.

BTW whatever happened to that guy hyp3r3xt3sion? I remember i used to PM him a bunch of questions all the time.

Melkor
01-23-2006, 11:36 PM
He is now $AJ and is still spouting endless "^^^" and "+ food" posts in the workout section.